Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Animation, weee! I've aliveee!
Geonox
post Jun 21 2006, 08:05 PM
Post #1

Agent

Yay! biggrin.gif I finally finished my animation which I have been working on for so long. It took me quite some time to make everything but finally I can say it's finished. The final version is not the way I wanted it to be, but it would take me to much time to make everything. Anyways here's the movie, sorry for the poor quality but I have to keep the file transfer on my server in mind. Else my stuff will go offline in notime.

enjoy

The orginal idea was called "dreamer". The movie was basicly about me. I have to drive for like an hour and a half to my school each day with the bus so you can imagine it's pretty boring. So the first scene would have been me in the bus staring out of the window. The same scenery passes by over and over again which slowly transform into this temple. Which basicly explains the shot of the temple hallway with the torches. In the end a door opens behind the mage after he defeated the monster. A sign slowly lightens up and the door transforms back into the entrance of my school. Someone hit's the mage/me in the face and I wake up. Followed by a shot of someone of my school who lays half dead on the streets and me slowly try to walk away hoping nobody has seen me tongue.gif...and no I don't attack people in real life or dream about temples and monsters in the bus tongue.gif It's just a story ^^

ohw btw I secretly "borrowed" the music from Final Fantasy... laugh.gif shhh don't tell em! wink.gif

This post has been edited by Geonox: Jun 21 2006, 08:07 PM

--------------------
"Life is an artwork and you are the artist"

user posted image
online artfile
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
DarkHunter
post Jun 21 2006, 08:14 PM
Post #2

Mouth
Group Icon

I'm telling! ... ok now that, thats over... Sweet!!!!!

--------------------
A skull, some blood, and a flying mace. Not much to work with. ~Imperial Legion Captian.
+Quote Post
Fuzzy Knight
post Jun 21 2006, 09:22 PM
Post #3

Master
Group Icon

What DH said...

Bloody Sweet Geo m8! Damn, really look - love the effect when he casts that spell on the monster, the effect and angle etc is great! Damn, hope you make one more!

biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Geonox
post Jun 21 2006, 09:27 PM
Post #4

Agent

thanks guys biggrin.gif I have to show it in class tomorrow so I'm kinda excited to see what everybody made. A friend of mine made this mission impossible animation with LEGO figs. It might sound kinda weird but it was cool tongue.gif gehe

@ Fuzzy: gehe it takes soo much time to make an animation like this so you won't see mee doing any new animations of this scale in a wile. Mabey I'll try to make the rest of the animation. Tho I want to do a fully 3d animation sometimes, I think it would have been cool for this project 2. But hey I like the mix between traditional and digital art ^^

--------------------

user posted image
online artfile
+Quote Post
Megil Tel-Zeke
post Jun 21 2006, 09:52 PM
Post #5

Master
Group Icon

nice animation geo. love the black mages music

--------------------
"By keeping others at a distance you avoid a betrayal of your trust.
But while you may not be hurt that way you musnt forget that you must endure the loneliness."
Friendly Hostility Fanboi
+Quote Post
minque
post Jun 21 2006, 09:57 PM
Post #6

Wise Woman
Group Icon

So wonderful! Ahhh I enjoyed it very much indeed...What a talent! woah!

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Geonox
post Jun 21 2006, 10:08 PM
Post #7

Agent

QUOTE(Megil Tel-Zeke @ Jun 21 2006, 09:52 PM)
nice animation geo.  love the black mages music

thanks ^^ megil biggrin.gif

QUOTE(minque @ Jun 21 2006, 09:57 PM)
So wonderful! Ahhh I enjoyed it very much indeed...What a talent! woah!

ahwww thanks minque winkgrin.gif

*gehe btw I finally notice I put; I've alive in the topic title lol how stupid. Type-error biggrin.gif

--------------------

user posted image
online artfile
+Quote Post
DarkHunter
post Jun 24 2006, 04:47 PM
Post #8

Mouth
Group Icon

How'd it go with your class?

I hope it was good!

--------------------
A skull, some blood, and a flying mace. Not much to work with. ~Imperial Legion Captian.
+Quote Post
Ibis
post Aug 1 2006, 12:18 AM
Post #9

Mouth
Group Icon

Yes how did it go with your class, Geo? Well, I hope. That is a very awesome movie to think that you made it all yourself. What program did you use to do that in? Very cool! biggrin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image <--- Moon Cookiies for all who join @ TESFU

+Quote Post
milanius
post Aug 1 2006, 01:29 PM
Post #10

Agent

man-GAAAA !! biggrin.gif Sorry, couldn't restrain meself... this is truly one fine piece of work, Geo; I do believe you'll be making big bucks with some animation or game studio one day...

--------------------
Zlo činiti od zla se braneći,
tu zločinstva nema nikakvoga

Petar II Petrovic Njegos
(1813-1851)
+Quote Post
Ibis
post Aug 15 2006, 06:07 AM
Post #11

Mouth
Group Icon

I second that emotion! goodjob.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
DungeonHunter
post Aug 17 2006, 05:01 AM
Post #12

Agent

"i've alive"?

--------------------
www.lost.eu/551e4 ------ find yourself
+Quote Post
Ibis
post Aug 27 2006, 10:22 AM
Post #13

Mouth
Group Icon

*Bump Geo* ..... lol. How was your grade & what programs did you use to make this fine video?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Geonox
post Sep 3 2006, 10:11 PM
Post #14

Agent

thanks guys...yah I know "I've alive" I don't know what I was thinking...guess it was late after a long day of work lol. @ ibis; A 9.5 lol....our rating system goes from 1 as the lowest to 10 as highest. So lol yay for me!

Ehmmm I've used 3d max, flash and photoshop for it. I've put several 3d elements in the movie like the environment and stuff. So in some scenes I've made the character in photoshop, and used it as a texture in 3d max so basicly what you get is a fake 2d character in a 3d environment. The thing why I did this is because 3d max can render motion blur, which makes the scene come more alive and make it look less static. ->

I've used this scene to show you how I did it, basicly because it got the most loose objects.
IPB Image

when you view the scene from the right you'll see that basicly each part of the animation is "projected" on a blank plane. So the lightball, effects, character and background are all loose objects which move individually. Once you've got everything set up you'll place the camera where you want it to be and let it move in the direction you want it to be.
IPB Image

eventually the scene looks like this when it's fully rendered;
IPB Image
Note that the motion blur makes it look like the camera moves upwards.

this is one of my favorite scenes because it looks like it's a full 3d environment but when you take a closer look you'll see that it basicly excists out of 2 planes. One with the arches, and the other one with the statues behind it.
IPB Image

I use 3d max also because it saves me so much time, if I have to handpaint 24 detailed frames in one sec I would be dead by the end of this project. Sometimes I just used a motionblur filter on the character and animated it in flash, so I kind off fake 3d animation. Like in this scene;

IPB Image
If you look closely you can see that the background and character don't match up when it comes to speed and motion blur. but the scene is so short that not many people will notice it. I've used flash to animate the 2 individual images and saved it as an avi.

Smoke and fire are all separate animated textures. Basicly I've used some , like for example the smoke in the last scenes as particles. So those are basicly loose small planes which rize up and spinn around;
IPB Image

uhh that's about it lol...wink.gif

--------------------

user posted image
online artfile
+Quote Post
Ibis
post Sep 6 2006, 06:01 AM
Post #15

Mouth
Group Icon

Thanks for the lesson, Geo. Very cool. It's gonna take awhile for me to take it all in.

--------------------

+Quote Post
1234king
post Sep 7 2006, 03:47 AM
Post #16

Knower
Group Icon

Whoa that was pretty insane, you should get an A on that

--------------------
Sigs are stupid!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:07 AM