Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> At this point, what level are you?
After the games only been out for a short time, what level are you?
After the games only been out for a short time, what level are you?
1 [ 2 ] ** [2.02%]
2 [ 2 ] ** [2.02%]
3 [ 7 ] ** [7.07%]
4 [ 1 ] ** [1.01%]
5 [ 4 ] ** [4.04%]
6 [ 5 ] ** [5.05%]
7 [ 5 ] ** [5.05%]
8 [ 3 ] ** [3.03%]
9 [ 3 ] ** [3.03%]
10 [ 3 ] ** [3.03%]
11-15 [ 13 ] ** [13.13%]
16-20 [ 13 ] ** [13.13%]
20+????? how? [ 38 ] ** [38.38%]
Total Votes: 99
Guests cannot vote 
Marxist ßastard
post Mar 27 2006, 06:29 AM
Post #21

Evoker

What do you mean bending the rules a bit?

Well, in Morrowind, it used to be that any master trainer would train you past 100 in a given skill, provided that your level in its governing attribute is greater than 100. Skillbooks would also train you past 100, regardless of your attributes. Of course, neither of these actually increased the skill in question -- they just pushed the "skill increases before level-up" marker down by a notch.

On the other side of things, you could decrease your skills specifically to train them back up again and get the normal decrease to the number of skill increases needed before level-up. Stealing an object worth, say, 4940 gold was effective in doing this, since you'd rot in prison so long that most of your skills would decrease as a result of disuse.

Magic was also an option -- spells that damage or drain skills always had predictable effects. I guess the most effective method of achieving unnaturally high levels would have been to have a junk skill like Spear as one of your minors and enchanting something with CE damage skill at 1 point on self. That way, your spear skill would always be at 0, so training would have be pretty much free, and any person off the street could've trained you. 500 continuous training sessions later, you would've gained 50 levels right there on the spot; since with every level-up, you would've been getting x5 in Endurance, with the proper precautions, you would have always gotten the maximum health increase, too.

I'm sure that people will find similar sorts of things going on with Oblivion in time -- the training limit per level makes them harder, though.

--------------------
Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available.

- Benford's Law of Controversy
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Khaan
post Mar 27 2006, 09:33 AM
Post #22

Knower
Group Icon

Lvl 3 and i've played all weekend (leaving about 8 hours for sleep overall biggrin.gif)

--------------------
Humankind - Running in circles

My Deviantart
+Quote Post
Volsung
post Mar 27 2006, 09:41 AM
Post #23

Agent

I've been playing the game alot too. It's usually 1 PM to 5 AM if I don't spend time with my girlfriend. I have been doing that alot too. I don't want to forget about her. <3
1) Girlfriend
2) Oblivion
3) Family
4) Myself

--------------------
Signature being redone
+Quote Post
Tellie
post Mar 27 2006, 11:17 AM
Post #24

Mouth
Group Icon

Well, i have just reached level7 with my female mage....going around in nasty dungeons and ruins, for nearly the whole time....several hours a day, gets you to level 7.....but I am starting to have problems now...I need to do quests soon.....and I need a house to dispose of my big luggage of loot..biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Volsung
post Mar 27 2006, 12:22 PM
Post #25

Agent

10 PM to 5:21 AM @_@, time for sleep..

--------------------
Signature being redone
+Quote Post
Razaki
post Mar 27 2006, 12:25 PM
Post #26

Retainer

My Assassin is currently level 14...I'm really enjoying how the game is set up. The Dark Brotherhood quests were amazingly well-written, but I'm not a fan of the "Robin-Hood-y" Thieves' Guild. I just wanna kill peoples, I suppose. I'm gonna need to buy a house, soon, as well, so I can drop some of my stuff and I have quite a few ideas for decorating, hehe.
+Quote Post
Zelda_Zealot
post Mar 27 2006, 08:29 PM
Post #27

Knower
Group Icon

I am level 22, yes I typed that correctly, 22. I have a LOT of free time. Want the skills?
Blade (Master), Block (Soon to be Journyman), Light armor(Almost Expert), Destruction(Apprentice(Damned lack of trainers!), Athletics(Journyman, or is it expert?), Acrobatics(Journyman), Security(Expert due to an uber item, other wise journyman). Yeah I am a fast leveler, so what?

--------------------
The Sun and Moon transform day to night, but what transforms the mind?
The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.
+Quote Post
Bofra
post Mar 27 2006, 11:34 PM
Post #28

Finder
Group Icon

When I voted I was level 19, but as I type I'm actually level 22. My playtime runs to close 30 hours, thus it's approximately one level every 1h 20min (rather fast huh?).

Still I haven't powerleveled in any way, my main skills are Blade, Heavy Armor, Armorer, Destruction, Restoration, Alteration and Block thus none are of the power-leveler sort. I guess it was just easy.

Although I've pretty much come to a place were my leveling has become an obstacle. The enemies are suddenly a lot harder and I haven't progressed very far in any quest-branches to have specifically good gear. I guess I'll have to raid some ruins or similar without leveling too much before continuing with the main quest (that has become just too hard to go on with).

--------------------
FarFallen - The Game
Website | Forum
Join the forum now!

It's not the magnitude of our actions but the amount of love put into them that matters - Mother Teresa
+Quote Post
Volsung
post Mar 27 2006, 11:46 PM
Post #29

Agent

I just finished the Cheryondyl Oblivion Gate. I'm a level 7 Nord Barbarian. <3

--------------------
Signature being redone
+Quote Post
Mike
post Mar 28 2006, 12:47 AM
Post #30

Associate

QUOTE(Razaki @ Mar 27 2006, 03:25 AM)
The Dark Brotherhood quests were amazingly well-written

qft :P
I loved the DB quest storyline, the Mages guild seemed just like morrowind I rose to the top in one day :P
+Quote Post
nemesis
post Mar 28 2006, 01:16 AM
Post #31

Associate

I am a lvl 17, im also guildmaster of the fighter's guild and grand champion of the arena....ive wasted most of my time on these....not even done with main quest yet tongue.gif

--------------------
and then there was light..... t('.'t)
+Quote Post
Ryusaki
post Mar 28 2006, 02:35 AM
Post #32

Retainer

My Xbox 360 broke in early March.....still haven't gotten in back yet either kvright.gif but I play at my friends house from time to time and Im level 7 now lol
+Quote Post
Furious_George
post Mar 28 2006, 07:05 PM
Post #33

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Khaan @ Mar 27 2006, 04:33 AM)
Lvl 3 and i've played all weekend (leaving about 8 hours for sleep overall biggrin.gif)

LOL. Oblivion = yourself.
+Quote Post
Furious_George
post Mar 28 2006, 07:11 PM
Post #34

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Bofra @ Mar 27 2006, 06:34 PM)

Still I haven't powerleveled in any way, my main skills are Blade, Heavy Armor, Armorer, Destruction, Restoration, Alteration and Block thus none are of the power-leveler sort. I guess it was just easy.

It's pretty easy to power level any of those except perhaps armorer (although you can do that too). Any magic skill is easy to power level. Just make a tiny effect spell in that category and cast it over and over. For the fighting ones, find a weak enemy and let them pound on you. For blade do fights over and over where the enemy respawns (there are a few) with a low damage weap.

Gets boring tho and I'd rather do quests.
BTW I'm currently lvl 13 with equal thieves/mage/fighter/DB questing (rank generally ~3rd advancement) and two OB gates closed so far. Only leveled sneak and intelligence because they started so low and are so important overall, and they don't cause your character to level up when they are a minor skill.

This post has been edited by Furious_George: Mar 28 2006, 07:12 PM
+Quote Post
Dat dope boy
post May 29 2006, 03:07 PM
Post #35

Unregistered

lvl 21 battle-mage
+Quote Post
DaEdRiCWaRrIoR
post May 30 2006, 12:00 AM
Post #36

Associate

dude guys im lvl 38 and the key to lvling up is when u see that u need to rest and meditate on wat uve learned message u never rest u lvl up alot more things like ur major skills and then when u eventually sleep, u need to sleep more than once and u will lvl up way more than usuall
+Quote Post
Fargoth
post May 30 2006, 10:40 AM
Post #37

Evoker

29lvl mellow.gif

--------------------
Not often on the forums anymore.. Last time I've been here was about 3 months ago...
+Quote Post
Powerslide
post May 30 2006, 06:34 PM
Post #38

Retainer

Level... 48!

Easy, just do some running, some casting, some jumping. Sooo Easy!

The Oghma Infinium helps a fair bit too.
+Quote Post
Powerslide
post May 30 2006, 06:35 PM
Post #39

Retainer

OB has a very frustrating training system...
+Quote Post
Nottheking
post May 30 2006, 11:12 PM
Post #40

Retainer

So "resurrect thread," IS an effect in Oblivion? tongue.gif

At any rate, when this thread was made, I believe my only character at the time, my mage Rallahn, was level 3. However, by now, they're level 21, though they're perhaps one of the oldest Oblivion characters at existence, having logged a little over 367 hours of play time.

It stopped being quite so fun when, past about level 11 or so, enemies started getting harder, as having more than 100 in a skill had no effect, and that was the point I reached 100 in destruction.

Also, I never touched the trainers, once. I didn't like them at all in Morrowind, and I didn't touch them with that character in Oblivion. I do, though, like how they balanced things out a bit more; you have to acomplish a skill-related task first before the master trainer will train you, and even then, capping it at 5 skill points per level is a good solution to prevent "uber-training" as well.

This post has been edited by Nottheking: May 30 2006, 11:13 PM
+Quote Post

5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:08 AM