Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Started a new character with a new race
mirocu
post Jul 5 2013, 03:14 PM
Post #21

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jul 5 2013, 03:48 PM) *

Currently looking for clutter - there are no plants growing there in permanent darkness

Ehm, ever heard of the Nirnroot? wink.gif Originally it grew underground in total darkness but spread to the surface as a mean to survive. I think it also changed color then. You could use some of those, but not too many. The loud singing of 100 Nirnies can be a little too much tongue.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jul 5 2013, 04:14 PM
Post #22

Councilor
Group Icon

Ah, but this isn't Nirn. I'm also reluctant to add to the supply of an item that's supposed to be limited.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jul 5 2013, 04:31 PM
Post #23

Paladin
Group Icon

So, Nocturnal's moved on from the Wobbling Goblin Tavern and has her own castle now! Her Daedra Seducers look great. The dark is ever so appropriate for Nocturnal. And she's gonna get wings! How does she get to/from Evergloam? I presume it is a separate world space, perhaps accessible by some form of portal or such?

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jul 5 2013, 05:28 PM
Post #24

Councilor
Group Icon

The Daedra Seducers will get wings, but I don't imagine Nocturnal will, although her cape could transform(?)

The Castle replaces the Sigil Tower in a clone of Random Oblivion World 5, with the climate changed, all plants and creatures removed, the textures changed from Deadlands one to Ordered ones, and the lava switched to regular water. The Gate is replaced with the magic portal used at Peryite's and Boethiah's shrines (the blue one), and will connect to one like it that I'll add by Nocturnal's shrine near Leyawiin.

The quests in the new mod, which continues the Thieves Guild, will have the player called to Evergloam by messages passed through Amusei, who will act like the Listener of the DB. He'll get details from the Leyawiin shrine, and come find the player. Nocturnal will set the player theft quests that take him/her to locations in Tamriel, SI, or other realms. That will allow re-entry to the Deadlands after the MQ is over, as the portal for that will be in Evergloam. I can also create other Deadric realms to steal items from, and make the connections in Evergloam, via portals opened by Daedra Seducer agents. The Seducers are associated with multiple Daedric Princes, so they have wider access than most.

I'm working on the first quest to steal the giant crystal ball from the Imperial Palace basement. It was next to the giant hourglass that forms part of the Ultimate Heist quest. Nocturnal wants it as the viewer for her eye (as used in the quest that gets the player the skeleton key) to spy on other realms. Clearly, that needs a magical bag to put it in. You can't hide that in a regular jacket pocket!

Azura's supposed to be Nocturnal's sister, so she may also make an appearance in Evergloam, and the player could also visit Moonshadow on a non-stealing quest, maybe a delivery?

This post has been edited by ghastley: Jul 5 2013, 05:34 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 7 2013, 06:05 AM
Post #25

Ancient
Group Icon

I am getting very excited about this mod, this is epic! Loved the Daggerfall Dark Seducer, with the blurry image I couldn't tell if I was seeing a nipple or not, lol. You are doing some amazing things with this mod, really exciting to watch you making one from day one!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jul 7 2013, 03:14 PM
Post #26

Councilor
Group Icon

Things I have discovered:

An NPC will not use a lesser power given to them by race. If you want a spell used, it has to be in the individual's inventory of spells.

An NPC will happily go topless if their armor covers only the lower body, but will not wear their armor if it only covers the upper body. So the seducer's wings armor has to be full-body to replace the regular outfit when provoked.

Editing terrain is tedious, and the editor always crashes when you have a lot of unsaved work.

---

I've cloned another island from Cheydinhal's Oblivion world, which has the entrance at the top of the mountain, and the tower on an island off the shore. I've replaced the tower with Mankor Camoran's palace, and I'm turning it into a piece of Moonshadow (Azura's realm of dawn/dusk). That means replacing all the textures, and rocks, etc. and it takes forever!

I couldn't find any decent-looking claws for the Daedra seducers, so they'll use magical attacks only. At the moment, they are set up with will-o-the-wisp combat style, and the same drain spell. Azura's guards are redheads (wearing red outfits, too), with green imp wings. Nocturnal's will probably sprout red wings, more dragon-like.

Azura herself is the Daggerfall one (and very similar to her statue, too). There will be no doubt whether you can see her nipples!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jul 7 2013, 03:22 PM
Post #27

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jul 7 2013, 04:14 PM) *

An NPC will happily go topless if their armor covers only the lower body

I live in the wrong world, it seems! wacko.gif

I´m really impressed by your work, ghastley! Such devotion and skill in making all these things smile.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 7 2013, 08:19 PM
Post #28

Ancient
Group Icon

I know you make a lot of your own textures and meshes - I've never been able to, so usually use modders resources (all are use with credit to author). Example:

This one is all the sections to make Ayleid ruins, but have a full set made in darker textures and cleaned up:

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/38868/

I've used this Obsidian resource in one Oblivion tower residence I made, it is beautiful in use over a floor or wall/behind a metal screen type thing for a dark glitter:

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/30174

Clutter resources:

Here is some black or dark Ayleid clutter:

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/20644/

Strotis has a few really interesting pieces in his sets, clutter first:

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/41558/

And Strotis ayleid furniture:

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/41670/

I ran across this while digging up these links - This is the results of one modder using the first link at the top of this message (the New Building Blocks resource), They did a beautiful job in setting them up, and it has more pictures of the blocks in use to view as an idea springboard on how you want to texture your own:

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/41076/

I would give anything if I had the creative talent and ability to make my own textures and meshes like you do, Blender is even more frightening to me than NifSkope and Wrye-Bash, lol.

This post has been edited by mALX: Jul 7 2013, 08:23 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jul 8 2013, 12:42 AM
Post #29

Councilor
Group Icon

Moonshadow is already using Stroti's Ayleid furniture and Meo's Ayleid clutter. The obsidian texture might be very useful for Evergloam.

The furniture set didn't include a double bed, so I stretched a single one. I also borrowed the idea of Ayleid steps to add a teleport connection from the living quarters to the sun deck.

I need to do a lot more cluttering, and landscape texturing before any of it's really ready for screen shots, but I may post a few in-progress ones soon. Right now, I'm trying to convert the crows from Nocturnal's statue into ornamental pieces I can scatter around her castle.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 8 2013, 12:50 AM
Post #30

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jul 7 2013, 07:42 PM) *

Moonshadow is already using Stroti's Ayleid furniture and Meo's Ayleid clutter. The obsidian texture might be very useful for Evergloam.

The furniture set didn't include a double bed, so I stretched a single one. I also borrowed the idea of Ayleid steps to add a teleport connection from the living quarters to the sun deck.

I need to do a lot more cluttering, and landscape texturing before any of it's really ready for screen shots, but I may post a few in-progress ones soon. Right now, I'm trying to convert the crows from Nocturnal's statue into ornamental pieces I can scatter around her castle.

Please do let us see the progression, this is really exciting to watch you work on it!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jul 8 2013, 02:29 AM
Post #31

Councilor
Group Icon

Ok, just one, as this part's looking fairly decent (or suitably indecent).

Clark arrives in Cheydinhal Oblivion World Moonshadow.

This is where I started with the foliage and texture changes. I got the whole island repainted with Gold Coast grass (the yellow stuff) and replaced all the Oblivion rocks with GC or Great Forest ones, but the CS keeps crashing on me when I paint sand on the shorelines. I'm also having fun trying to put a waterfall down the side of the island, without blocking the path.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Jul 8 2013, 02:33 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 8 2013, 03:48 AM
Post #32

Ancient
Group Icon

That statue is incredible! I also love the pad Clark is standing on, you did an excellent job with that!

I wonder how the sand cover could be making it crash! Are there 9 high mixtures in that area? I had to delete a lot of the smaller percentages when I redid that Black Marsh village, they just had too much stuff layered there to add anything more. I brought it down to about a mixture of 4-5 and then spread my landscape painting, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jul 8 2013, 07:08 AM
Post #33

Spam Meister
Group Icon

That statue looks a bit like Azura, holding that crescent wink.gif Very nice, though smile.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jul 8 2013, 02:06 PM
Post #34

Councilor
Group Icon

The top half of the statue is Azura, (and those were Meridia's legs.) - it's an island in Azura's realm.

The pad came straight from Camoran's Paradise, without any changes.

This needs more clutter but the retextured ayleid architecture, Strotis furniture, and Meo's clutter are working well together so far.

Azura's bed.

And this is where she puts her face on in the morning.

Those interior shots are dark because they just have ambient lighting. I'm tweaking the welkynd holder into a desk light and standard lamp for highlights.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Jul 8 2013, 02:06 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 8 2013, 02:27 PM
Post #35

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jul 8 2013, 09:06 AM) *

The top half of the statue is Azura, (and those were Meridia's legs.) - it's an island in Azura's realm.

The pad came straight from Camoran's Paradise, without any changes.

This needs more clutter but the retextured ayleid architecture, Strotis furniture, and Meo's clutter are working well together so far.

Azura's bed.

And this is where she puts her face on in the morning.

Those interior shots are dark because they just have ambient lighting. I'm tweaking the welkynd holder into a desk light and standard lamp for highlights.

They look Awesome in game! I am very excited about watching you make this mod piece by piece!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jul 8 2013, 05:09 PM
Post #36

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Yeah, I´m impressed too by your work, ghastley! Very nice indeed smile.gif

Hope you have time to enjoy it when it´s done wink.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jul 9 2013, 02:28 PM
Post #37

Councilor
Group Icon

Nocturnal has a new throne made from a Strotis piece, with added ravens pulled off a statue, and using that Obsidian texture (thanks, mALX!)

Azura's Beach Hut shot during the ten minutes between sunset and dawn in Moonshadow.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Jul 9 2013, 03:54 PM
Post #38

Ancient
Group Icon

That's so cool, ghastley!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 9 2013, 06:15 PM
Post #39

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jul 9 2013, 09:28 AM) *

Nocturnal has a new throne made from a Strotis piece, with added ravens pulled off a statue, and using that Obsidian texture (thanks, mALX!)

Azura's Beach Hut shot during the ten minutes between sunset and dawn in Moonshadow.

Ooh, I love how that looks with the Obsidian! You've even inlaid it on the risers of those steps, what a great look!

Somewhere in my resources I have the entire set of Ayleid building blocks cleaned up and in a dark purple color (Drow look) - couldn't find it yesterday when I was giving you those links or I'd have posted it too. I have a copy of it somewhere, probably on my external hard drive.

Absolutely LOVE those ravens behind her!

This post has been edited by mALX: Jul 9 2013, 06:16 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jul 13 2013, 06:01 PM
Post #40

Councilor
Group Icon

Some more screenshots as I add things:

Azura shows you her pink portal

The next one was just a serendipitous one from the same session. Clark had just done a run down the mountain, checking for floating trees and rocks, or gaps in the caves, and was approaching the hall in the early mist.

Misty hall

This post has been edited by ghastley: Aug 1 2013, 03:29 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 09:15 PM