98 Pages V « < 67 68 69 70 71 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ESO Screenshots, ... and pictures of your TV
ghastley
post Jan 29 2018, 04:23 PM
Post #1361

Councilor
Group Icon

The reason the room is dark is that it only has the initial single candle at present. I think the windows let in some light depending on outside time of day, and weren't contributing. That room has only one, and is the darkest of the three free inn rooms.

I don't think anyone has found a light source plan yet. We have somehow picked up a couple of complete furnishing items in loot, so Snugpod has no furniture at all, but a (purple grade!) painting hanging on the wall. Wizwen wasn't sure what the frame was made from, but gave it the benefit of the doubt. It may get moved to Moonmirth when it's not required to prevent "completely empty house" syndrome, which won't be long, as Laurie Craft's collection of plans and skill are growing close to the break-through point.

She knows how to make a couple of styles of wooden chair, and almost has the skill for a table (of a different style from either chair, of course). There are a couple of Bosmer things she can make, but we still don't really know how to use them. E.g. a Brace, but no bar to go between a pair of them. Wood Elf stuff uses Clothier station, rather than Woodworking, of course, and that's Laurie's weak one. Blossom has the Clothier skill, and Unna the Blacksmithing, ahead of the others.

I haven't yet played for a full month, so it's not surprising at this stage. I expect progress will accelerate rapidly when we start getting to level five in the craft skills, and I'm hoping my strategy of dedicating one character to each will pay off. The low-level mats keep piling up, though, as the base-level crafting writs pay back almost as much as they use, and the next-level ones add to that. Furnishing uses its own, and won't soak up any of that surplus, so we'll probably start converting them into cash via construction outside writs. It's all experience, after all. Or is that inspiration?

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Feb 6 2018, 01:15 AM
Post #1362

Mouth
Group Icon

This happens far more often than it should.

It's always Blacksmithing Surveys, too.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Feb 6 2018, 01:24 AM
Post #1363

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Feb 5 2018, 07:15 PM) *

Are you sure it wasn't a Clothier survey? You look like you're about to harvest hides. biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 6 2018, 02:26 AM
Post #1364

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Feb 5 2018, 06:15 PM) *

Is that Eolan?

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Grits
post Feb 6 2018, 02:32 AM
Post #1365

Councilor
Group Icon

It's always fun to see Eolan bare-knuckle defending his nodes! laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Feb 6 2018, 04:29 PM
Post #1366

Master
Group Icon

Maz knows that spot very well biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 8 2018, 09:24 PM
Post #1367

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Feb 5 2018, 07:15 PM) *

Yes, it sure does! What about that one in the Scar area of Craglorn? I have been killed more there than any other place in the game, it is embarrassing! Great shot, by the way!

I do have to say that one of the most impressive things about that shot is that he is using his fists against TWO of those beasts! Very cool shot!

This post has been edited by mALX: Feb 8 2018, 09:26 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Feb 12 2018, 03:38 AM
Post #1368

Councilor
Group Icon

After a short drought, where no matter how much wood we sanded, or writs we did, we weren't getting any Pitch, Unna went off to harvest all the Woodworking Surveys, and finally got the last one.

So now Laurie has a wide bed in a wide picture showing how bare the rest is. The light fixture was part of the empty house!

She previously made these bunk beds for the Inn room she shares with Blossom, not telling her about Twin Arches.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 13 2018, 09:50 PM
Post #1369

Ancient
Group Icon

Pic time!

Mira, Feng, and Brenna got outfits today.

Mira (Vexillarius)

Feng-Do (Iron Trooper)

Brenna (War Witch)

And here are pics of our two new crew members (they’ve actually been around a while as bankers but Khajiit started them over when the update dropped):

Argonian Templar Tank, Feathered-Snake

Redguard Dragonknight DPS, Geru Naboor

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Feb 13 2018, 09:50 PM

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 13 2018, 10:11 PM
Post #1370

Paladin
Group Icon

Ghastely, poor Laurie looks lonely in that almost empty house!

Khajiit, how fun to see those outfits. You did a wonderful job.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Feb 13 2018, 10:13 PM
Post #1371

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Feb 13 2018, 03:50 PM) *

Pic time!

Mira (Vexillarius)

Feng-Do (Iron Trooper)

Brenna (War Witch)

And here are pics of our two new crew members (they’ve actually been around a while as bankers but Khajiit started them over when the update dropped):

I'd like to see the "underneath" pictures, too. I was thinking of doing that tonight for my crew, as all but Taminwe and Cat Man Dhou have an Outfit or Costume over their gear. In some cases, it will be the first time I've seen the other side of them.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 13 2018, 10:39 PM
Post #1372

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Feb 13 2018, 03:11 PM) *

Ghastely, poor Laurie looks lonely in that almost empty house!

Khajiit, how fun to see those outfits. You did a wonderful job.

QUOTE(ghastley @ Feb 13 2018, 03:13 PM) *

Pic time!

Mira (Vexillarius)

Feng-Do (Iron Trooper)

Brenna (War Witch)

I'd like to see the "underneath" pictures, too. I was thinking of doing that tonight for my crew, as all but Taminwe and Cat Man Dhou have an Outfit or Costume over their gear. In some cases, it will be the first time I've seen the other side of them.

Brenna’s is fairly different from her actual gear and Mira’s gear is a total mess right now (she doesn’t actually have chest or waist pieces and her jewelry is for a set she’s no longer using). Feng’s outfit is just the helmet; the other parts are his actual armor. The “newbies” are just in basic gear, and of course Geru is wearing one of the Redguard costumes (forget its name).

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 13 2018, 10:46 PM
Post #1373

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Feb 11 2018, 09:38 PM) *

After a short drought, where no matter how much wood we sanded, or writs we did, we weren't getting any Pitch, Unna went off to harvest all the Woodworking Surveys, and finally got the last one.

So now Laurie has a wide bed in a wide picture showing how bare the rest is. The light fixture was part of the empty house!

She previously made these bunk beds for the Inn room she shares with Blossom, not telling her about Twin Arches.

I love that Twin Arches house! Really nice beds she crafted there!!! Awesome shots! (You can use the "Gamma" adjustment under settings if you want to lighten up the screen in there for taking screenshots; I've had to use that in my early room shots before getting the diagram to make candles, laugh.gif )

Pic time!

Mira (Vexillarius)

Feng-Do (Iron Trooper)

Brenna (War Witch)

Nice outfits!!! And for the new members: Welcome Feathered Snake; and WOO HOO to Geru!!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Feb 13 2018, 11:17 PM
Post #1374

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 13 2018, 04:46 PM) *

I love that Twin Arches house! Really nice beds she crafted there!!! Awesome shots! (You can use the "Gamma" adjustment under settings if you want to lighten up the screen in there for taking screenshots; I've had to use that in my early room shots before getting the diagram to make candles, laugh.gif )

I usually just adjust brightness/contrast in GIMP, so I don't have to re-adjust the game settings. In this case I wanted to convey how little light comes with the bare house.

I think that house will become a favourite of the crew, once I get some more furnishing installed. Laurie knows a few Redguard patterns/blueprints/diagrams/things but we're always running out of pitch for the woodworking. (On the other hand, we have the materials for Wood Elf stuff, but not the plans, so Snugpod is bare, too.) The chair that Blossom is sitting on is Redguard, and she can make a Breton one to replace it soon, and move that to Twin Arches, unless we decide to use the style with arms and a low back for which she also has the design. Now she's reached the crafting level where tables, chairs, beds etc are made, the places will start filling. There's an Imperial Bed in the level-up rewards now, so that will get used when Taminwe gets that far, most likely to replace the bedroll in an Inn room.

And if we get lucky, Snugpod will need more Clothier content than Woodworker, so it won't compete for the materials. Just got to find more patterns, so we're foraging as hard as we can.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Feb 14 2018, 12:00 AM
Post #1375

Councilor
Group Icon

ghastley, we had the same pitch drought. Laurie’s Twin Arches looks much like Sola’s, a big bed in the corner and just enough light to see it by. Though in mine you can’t see it all in one picture. tongue.gif I love the Twin Arches space, even mostly empty. Laurie’s wide bed style is still Jerric’s favorite. The bunks look great in the Rosy Lion room!

Khajiit, thank you for sharing those outfits! They look very fitting to the characters we’ve come to know. Welcome (back) to Feathered Snake and Geru!

I got a couple of shots of Templar Jerric in his outfit and gear underneath. He is using two staves that were given to him at important points in his adventures, so he doesn’t want to change the look of them. He will probably change the outfit once he’s figured out what his wardrobe doesn’t already contain, but for now a switch back to rawhide was in order. Feels great to look not heroic! biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 14 2018, 01:30 AM
Post #1376

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Feb 13 2018, 05:00 PM) *

ghastley, we had the same pitch drought. Laurie’s Twin Arches looks much like Sola’s, a big bed in the corner and just enough light to see it by. Though in mine you can’t see it all in one picture. tongue.gif I love the Twin Arches space, even mostly empty. Laurie’s wide bed style is still Jerric’s favorite. The bunks look great in the Rosy Lion room!

Khajiit, thank you for sharing those outfits! They look very fitting to the characters we’ve come to know. Welcome (back) to Feathered Snake and Geru!

I got a couple of shots of Templar Jerric in his outfit and gear underneath. He is using two staves that were given to him at important points in his adventures, so he doesn’t want to change the look of them. He will probably change the outfit once he’s figured out what his wardrobe doesn’t already contain, but for now a switch back to rawhide was in order. Feels great to look not heroic! biggrin.gif

Khajiit thinks he still looks heroic in that first pic! Honestly some of low level armors look great! Mira is sporting a plain ol’ Imperial steel cuirass!

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Feb 14 2018, 01:31 AM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 14 2018, 01:34 AM
Post #1377

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Feb 13 2018, 07:30 PM) *

QUOTE(Grits @ Feb 13 2018, 05:00 PM) *

Khajiit thinks he still looks heroic in that first pic! Honestly some of low level armors look great! Mira is sporting a plain ol’ Imperial steel cuirass!

I like the first pic better too. The brown looks more natural.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 14 2018, 02:20 AM
Post #1378

Paladin
Group Icon

Jerric's slightly barbaric outfit looks wonderful for him!

Buffy's as happy as a wood elf in a meadow full of butterlies flitting between all the styles (especially the delightful low level ones) and trying them all on in varying combos. Then she backs out without creating an outfit yet until she makes up her mind.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Feb 14 2018, 03:11 AM
Post #1379

Mouth
Group Icon

Wow, khajiit, you really went all out the moment you were unleashed on the update. (Although IIRC you were building up to this along the way)

ANyways, I agree that some of the lower-tier material styles from the original armors look better than the later ones.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 14 2018, 03:56 AM
Post #1380

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Feb 13 2018, 08:11 PM) *

Wow, khajiit, you really went all out the moment you were unleashed on the update. (Although IIRC you were building up to this along the way)

ANyways, I agree that some of the lower-tier material styles from the original armors look better than the later ones.

Well, this one was looking at some things ahead of the update to get and idea of what he wanted to do with his individual crew members. Feng was pretty much set as his current armor set up was fairly close to what was envisioned for him (his style is inspired by ancient Chinese armors). Same really for Mira (minus the cuirass and “girdle”) as her armor is mostly Imperial themed with some Nordic influences thrown in (shoulders, Skinchanger wolf head hat). Brenna’s current armor looks way different than her current outfit, and so it was the most expensive to implement. Khajiit will post before and after pics tomorrow, per Ghastly’s comment.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post

98 Pages V « < 67 68 69 70 71 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:14 PM