Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> You know you've played to much Oblivion, when...
Furious_George
post May 3 2006, 11:49 AM
Post #81

Finder
Group Icon

When BOTH your children (in my case, 6 & 3) can impeccably imitate the walk, fighting stance, and typical phrases of the game. My son is now constantly walking around the house doing that 360 slash move of my expert swordsman!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Ibis
post May 4 2006, 12:43 AM
Post #82

Mouth
Group Icon

Furious_George, that is just too adorable! I love it. Morrowind/Oblivion children...the next generation.

I can tell I've played too much Oblivion when I go out wearing my hair in Elf braids and then see my reflection in a store window and wonder why my ear points aren't showing??? lol

--------------------
IPB Image <--- Moon Cookiies for all who join @ TESFU

+Quote Post
Furious_George
post May 4 2006, 07:47 PM
Post #83

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Ibis @ May 3 2006, 07:43 PM)

I can tell I've played too much Oblivion when I go out wearing my hair in Elf braids and then see my reflection in a store window and wonder why my ear points aren't showing??? lol

Lol. I just saw that last night on that show about Chris Rock's childhood. His childhood buddy dressed up as Son of Spock and went to school with pointy ears, much to the chagrin of Chris Rock.

I tried to *silence* my boss (USAF squadron commander) when she surprised me in my office. (Seriously, I made the hand gesture and everything. She looked at me kinda funny).
+Quote Post
Elendil
post May 4 2006, 09:42 PM
Post #84

Evoker

QUOTE(Furious_George @ May 4 2006, 08:47 PM)
I tried to *silence* my boss (USAF squadron commander) when she surprised me in my office. (Seriously, I made the hand gesture and everything. She looked at me kinda funny).

Dude...don't try that if you get into combat action. laugh.gif

--------------------
//Elendil
user posted image

Main Charcter:
Level 19 - Imperial
Custom Class [Ranger - Warrior/Stealth]
Arena - Grand Champion
Champion of Cyrodiil
Head of Mages Guild
Head of Fighters Guild
+Quote Post
The Ascendant
post May 4 2006, 10:11 PM
Post #85

Retainer

When you find yourself wondering why all the history books go on about this thing called "World War I" or "World War II"

When you wonder where the background music is whilst you're walking along.

When you pull out a map and try to fast travel to work/school.

You wonder why the world map doesn't have any of the cities from Oblivion on it... or the provinces for that matter. What is this "England" place?

Played Oblivion? I'm sorry, but I have no clue why you seem to think my life is a game.

--------------------
"If you make something idiot proof someone will invent a better idiot."
+Quote Post
Ibis
post May 4 2006, 11:25 PM
Post #86

Mouth
Group Icon

The Ascendant ... how funny! Didn't realize before where Bethesda games were based from ... YOUR LIFE!

Furious_George, I'm a USAF veteran and believe me, you can go on making those hand gestures and people will sometimes let you get ahead of them in line at the V.A. Clinic ... guess they don't want a 'crazy' person at their back. lol
=============================

I definitely know I've played too much Oblivion when I unlock the huge back storeroom at work and mistake it for a dark dungeon .... and start putting my arms up to ward off the liches, skeletons and goblins that are SURE to come surging out at me and catch me all unawares and unarmed.
I'd left my wizard staff back at my desk, leaning against the file cabinet.

hahahah!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Taillus
post May 5 2006, 03:55 AM
Post #87

Knower
Group Icon

When you constantly look behind your shoulder afraid that you will suddenly find a mountain lion nipping at your ankles.

When you start carrying a *insert vegetable of choice* on you at all times in case you need to set off a trap.

When you start thinking to hold "R" so you can swing the camera around on yourself and check if your hair looks alright...

**BTW where is everyone getting those Chorrol.com banners with their names on them? I want one too! sad.gif

--------------------
“Worry not, young Breton. This will be over very quickly but I wish I could say that it would be painless. You will suffer greatly before you join the countless other souls that fuel my power.” - Taillus
+Quote Post
Pisces
post May 5 2006, 09:34 AM
Post #88

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(Taillus @ May 5 2006, 03:55 PM)
When you start thinking to hold "R" so you can swing the camera around on yourself and check if your hair looks alright...

I remember I was kind of tired once after playing MW straight for many many ours. I go into the kitchen to get a glass of water so I go to pick up the glass by pressing spacebar but to my dismay the spacebar wasn't working wacko.gif Took me a couple of seconds to work out reality doesn't have a spacebar.

You eagerally face any challange knowing that you can always load if you mess it up.
+Quote Post
Olav
post May 5 2006, 10:55 AM
Post #89

Knower
Group Icon

... you spend most of the day at work absorbing this forum.

--------------------
Do not take me for a conjurer of cheap tricks!

Gandalf
+Quote Post
Furious_George
post May 5 2006, 11:02 AM
Post #90

Finder
Group Icon

Ascendant - good ones!

QUOTE(Ibis @ May 4 2006, 06:25 PM)

Furious_George, I'm a USAF veteran and believe me, you can go on making those hand gestures and people will sometimes let you get ahead of them in line at the V.A. Clinic ... guess they don't want a 'crazy' person at their back. lol

Thanks, good idea!!!! huh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE(Olav @ May 5 2006, 05:55 AM)
... you spend most of the day at work absorbing this forum.

Too true. At work now. Am I... working? Nope.
+Quote Post
HyPN0
post May 5 2006, 04:46 PM
Post #91

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(Taillus @ May 5 2006, 04:55 AM)
**BTW where is everyone getting those Chorrol.com banners with their names on them? I want one too!  sad.gif

PM Fuzzy Knight.He makes those Chorrol.com logos for everyone.
But make sure you ask him nicely laugh.gif

--------------------
''Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.''
- Albert Einstein

''One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics, is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.''
- Plato

user posted image
+Quote Post
Ibis
post May 5 2006, 04:57 PM
Post #92

Mouth
Group Icon

Yes and bribe him with some fuzzy weapons and he will be more than glad to make you one. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Ascendant
post May 5 2006, 05:15 PM
Post #93

Retainer

Ibis, they didn't even pay me for the rights to use my life and they've made loads of money for it... if only I'd had the imagination to realise that people would like playing my life as a game. I could've gotten out of these rotten Daedra killing jobs years ago. *Flails wildly at a Daedra* Must be off.

--------------------
"If you make something idiot proof someone will invent a better idiot."
+Quote Post
Ibis
post May 6 2006, 09:55 PM
Post #94

Mouth
Group Icon

Something tells me, The Ascendant, that it was a plot of Sotha Sil's and Almalexia's to take all the glory that was yours and turn it into their own profit!!

Yes, and now they won't even let you make a simple mod from your own life without saying that they own all the rights to it ... terrible!

evillol.sml.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
crazzie88
post May 6 2006, 11:53 PM
Post #95

Associate

I dream in Oblivion ,now. I am given tasks to complete etc. I have got to level 20 for the second time after starting again. I love this game.
+Quote Post
Konji
post May 7 2006, 12:01 AM
Post #96

Mouth
Group Icon

You dream in Oblivion? If you mean the drea world yes that is a good quest - but otherwise you would need mods. wink.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Ibis
post May 15 2006, 02:47 AM
Post #97

Mouth
Group Icon

I started dreaming Morrowind dreams whilst playing Morrowind. So far, I haven't had any Oblivion dreams but still some Morrowind ones pop up now and then. My best MW dream was me, all dressed up in a sharp business suit and high heels with a briefcase, sitting down at the bottom of this huge office building where I apparently had a job interview in a few minutes. The building was alabaster white and built on tiers of steps with water fountains running down on both sides - very huge. you guessed it ... I was sitting at the bottom of the palace in Vivec. What my job was to be I don't know but I seemed ready for it.

When I woke up I told my hubby and he was jealous that I should have a job in Vivec. lolol

===================

As for playing too much Oblivion, you know you've played for too long when you are on a bus ride and you start looking around at the other passengers and start mentally picturing how you would fix up their faces with the slider bars of the Char/Face/Gen tool. hahaha!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kayla
post May 18 2006, 08:14 PM
Post #98

Agent

When you walk up to people and greet them by saying, "Well met!", or "What Khajiit do for you?". kvright.gif

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
deemu
post Oct 4 2006, 11:34 PM
Post #99

Agent

then ive played way to much oblivion then wacko.gif

--------------------

IPB Image
lean wit it dont rock wit it
+Quote Post
Abu the Cat
post Oct 5 2006, 12:18 AM
Post #100

Agent

Well, it's resurrected anyway.

You know you've played to much Oblivion when you start calling the shrimp in your PE class a Wood Elf.

Or when you start calling somebody a Dunmer when they're pissed off at you.

Or when you go to school with a hood on saying you're a Battlemage (with a wooded pole in a makeshift sheath!), but then being forced to take them off.

When you start saying, "For the empire!" and trying to draw your sword when someone gets you pissed off.

I can go on for ever!

--------------------

Bow down to one of my cats!

Se llama Abu! (His name is Abu!)

IPB Image
cryocry on TESSource

Join the Order of Shorn
+Quote Post

10 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:52 AM