Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

120 Pages V « < 72 73 74 75 76 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today in Cyrodiil, spoilers version, TES: 4 Oblivion character accounts & stories
Renee
post Sep 26 2020, 04:01 PM
Post #1461

Councilor
Group Icon

I like how all the ladies have their personalities stated in print this time.

Maeva is rather businesslike. Offers up a pointed agenda of where to go, and gives an adequate reason why.

Kahleah has fangs? evillol.gif Anyway, she seems sort of pushy and mildly threatening.

Pym seems shy. mellow.gif She's speaking through a gesture, at least. Maybe that's just a moment though. Maybe she's a terror on the battlefield. It's the shy ones who we sometimes have to watch for!

THE PSYCHADILIC CHAMPION OF CYRODIIL TAKES DEVOTED COMPANIONS SHOPPING ON THE CHEAP.

rollinglaugh.gif

The Orum gang is triggering something, but I also have no ridea what that could be. Ah, it's a skooma-dealing ring in Cheydinhal. Perhaps something which did not get fully developed by the original team.

I've been playing Morrowind all summer but as the weather cools outside I've been getting a hankering for some OB instead. Let' s see what Joanie's up to.

This post has been edited by Renee: Sep 26 2020, 04:17 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 26 2020, 04:34 PM
Post #1462

Councilor
Group Icon

Turdas, Mid-Year 13, 3rd Era 435, Middle Afternoon

Days Passed: 291

Joan of Arkay heads to Bravil, where Wenyandawik awaits, as well as another Ayleid statue. She rides upon her sturdy and reliable bay through the village of Weye. She says hallo to the fisherman who spends most of his days outside. The day is warm. She's eschewed her usual steel cuirass because of this, feeling confident enough in a dark crimson-colored blouse on this fine day.

She passes by Fanacasecul without incident, heading southeast. As she nears Fort Virtue, she sees a boar in the road, but hears another sound. A purring sort of sound, with occasional low growls. She knows that sound! Analyzing this sound any further is not an option. She spurs her bay!

A chase ensues, with the boar a slaggard, and the cougar something to fear! ... The horse moves at full gallop, and already Joan has formulated a plan. Up ahead is Vindasel, which is almost always guarded by a middle-experienced conjurer. She rushes there with the cougar just unable to catch up. As she nears the ruin, she circles its entrance, looking to see if they've posted a new sentry. And they have!

"I'm just warming up!" he shouts, casting a scamp. Egads! Things are looking up. Joan and her horse rush right by the man, and in a moment they hear he's being attacked by the beasts! "Otempa!" Joan calls as wind rushes by. She hears the cougar chomp down on the conjurer. The cat then plucks the man's shoulder out. This does not matter. Joan doesn't slow the horse's gallop until she crosses over the bridge up ahead.

The sun goes down just as she reaches Pell's Gate.

----------------

Paper Doll'd

Cougar Chase!

Guess the conjurer got gotten

This post has been edited by Renee: Sep 26 2020, 04:42 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 27 2020, 04:34 PM
Post #1463

Paladin
Group Icon

It does look like a nice day there and I'm sure Joan is more comfy in that fashionable burgundy blouse.

Clever Joan as she outruns then outsmarts that big cat. Even getting a Two-fer out of it by getting away while letting the cat take out a conjurer.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 27 2020, 07:38 PM
Post #1464

Ancient
Group Icon

Well that is one way to deconjure a conjurer!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Sep 28 2020, 02:38 PM
Post #1465

Master
Group Icon

Joan has a powerful ally!

With his shoulder plucked out, his conjuring days over. laugh.gif

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
macole
post Sep 30 2020, 07:59 AM
Post #1466

Mouth
Group Icon

20200930 VH-OVB – Lost in the Valus Mountains
Next morning we set out to learn more about this Orum Gang, a local skooma-dealing ring with Camonna Tong associations. It didn’t take us long to run into several gang members Dulfish gro-Orum, Magub gro-Orum, Oghash gra-Magul, Bazur gro-Gharz, and Borba gra-Uzgash. While most initially told us to bugger off, Borba gra-Uzgash, the owner of Borba's Goods and Stores was almost nice.

Stopping in Borba’s Goods and Stores we started a conversation with the proprietress Borba Gra-Uzgash. Barba got defensive when we wondered who could have stolen the artifact from Bernard. When pressed she let it slip that they stole the Exsanguinator for someone called Fast Eddie. Something is wrong, though. Snagamaul went to Fort Scinia to make the drop and hasn’t returned. It’s been ten days. Borba thinks Fast Eddie is trying to pull a fast one, leaving with the Exsanguinator without paying.

Fast Eddie, now that’s a name from the past. This sounds like a task he’d do for his master but double-crossing is not how I remember Fast Eddie. No matter, we will find this Fort Scinia.

Leaving Cheydinhal, Maeva’s map shows us where Fort Scinia is but we have no idea how to get there. The road we took led us through Harlan Watch. Weren’t there rumors of vampire raiding in Harlan Watch? The inhabitants had nothing to say about it.

The trail out of Harlan Watch twisted around to the east as it plunged steeply down the hillside where we discovered an abandoned campsite. A quiet coulee, a perfect spot for a short rest.

From the campsite the trail led us up hill past a two outposts on the side of Hero’s Hill before leading back down the hill. We were thoroughly lost at that point.

Our frantic zigzagging across the countryside trying to find a way to Fort Scinia had taken us who knows where. It’s dark, we’re standing knee deep in water, and giant insects are buzzing around our heads when we find the entrance to Swampy Cave.

Swampy Cave wasn’t very inviting. Cool, damp and moss covered stone gave the place a slimy feel. Plus it was filled with Trolls. That didn’t stop us from exploring the cave. It’s amazing what can be found deep in caves. Like Dry Rock Run, a smugglers hideout (Better Dungeon) we can claim as our own. The hideout even has a couple of bedrolls!

Leaving Dry Rock Run the following morning, we found ourselves standing on the banks of the Red River. Just to our left a beat up ship was moored at a small boat dock. As we approached, we could hear two sailors arguing about how to repair the ship.

“How did that thing make it this far up the river?” murmured Kaleah.

Of all people, it’s Captain Ansol of the Flying Falcon and Hewie his first mate (Better Cities).

No doubt he’s smuggling but we ask anyway, “Far from Anvil aren’t we. What are you doing here and what happened to the Falcon?”

Captain Ansol’s only comment is that he’s only doing business with Bravillians from now on.

Climbing the trail back up the steep hill passing Carbo’s Camp we’re attacked by a couple scantily clad Amazons. Where did they come from? The entrance to Doomed Mine is close by. My Ladies are eager to teach the Amazons some manners so in we go.

The fanatical Amazon Man-hunters, Man-eaters, and Raging Priestesses attack us at every turn. They seem to concentrate their efforts on my Ladies as if they were trying to them to amazonism.

With the defeat of the Amazon Wise Mother the mine became very quiet.

It is evident that the ownership of Doomed Mine has very recently been contested for by Bandits and Amazons. By the number of dead bandits strewn throughout the mine, it appears the Amazons have won the claim. Bodies of five brutally tortured bandit captives were found in a holding pen. The body of Sillen Ulran, a Nord woman bandit was discovered in a small room deep within the mine.

This post has been edited by macole: Sep 30 2020, 04:10 PM

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
Endure and through enduring grow strong.
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 30 2020, 06:57 PM
Post #1467

Paladin
Group Icon

A busy day slogging through canyons, swamps and caves. A good loot haul, I should imagine.

I’m so pleased to hear another embrace the term ‘Bravilians’. Since Buffy hails from there, I’ve used the term for a long time. smile.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
macole
post Oct 6 2020, 07:07 AM
Post #1468

Mouth
Group Icon

20201006 VH-OVB Fort Naso
(All the vampire music I have and nothing quite fit the intensity of the Fort Naso battle. So what did I use for background music; Joe Byrd and the Field Hippies The Sub‐Sylvian Litanies: Kalyani, You Can’t Ever Come Down, & Moonsong Pelog)

“Wow that was no Itchycoo Park, what a trip!” said Maeva. With a smile and a wink, wink she continued. “No wonder they call it Doomed Mine. Here, while you were frisking that bandit, Sillen Ulran I found this nearby.”

The scrap of paper Maeva handed me was a warning to stay clear of a nearby fort. The bandits are aware of a vampire clan residing in Fort Naso. Could this be the clan of vampires plaguing Harlan Watch? There is only one way to find out.

The day dragged on as we strained to traverse the steep slopes of the Valus. It took nearly all morning searching before we found Fort Naso.

Sniffing the air Kaleah confirms the stench of vampire rising from the ruined fort below.

Dreading the outcome, we opened the doors of the fort and stepped into the inky darkness of Fort Naso. Oh goddess, come aid your son and daughters!

It was subtle yet the calls in the darkness beyond sent a shiver up and down the spine.
“Come die with me.
Come die with me.
Come die with me.
Come die with me.”

Calling on Twinkle to light the way we descended a couple flights of stairs without incident. Suddenly we were confronted by a gargoyle followed by a pack of by shadow wolves. Their masters cloaked with invisibility or chameleon spells then attacked in force.

Repelling the initial assault we give chase to the fleeing survivors. My Ladies chased one down a long hallway.

I got this one,” the Jandaga shouted as he squared off with a lone vampire archer or so he thought. Really is unfortunate that he can’t see around corners. It would help prevent a lot of trouble.

What? It’s an Argonian vampire! Inconceivable.

More vampires arrive from deep within the fort and they are threatening to overwhelm us. It’s time to call for reinforcements. Responding to the call, the Sisters of Insanity go to work.

There she is, Sahida, Matriarch of Naso Clan. The dreaded vampire in the black robe threw lightning at us and took off running. Catching up to her Jandaga struck before she could take off running again. The look on Sahida’s face when she felt the heartache in Light of Dawn’s kiss was priceless.

Done, finis, terminated! Light of Dawn kisses Sahida, Matriarch of Naso Clan one last time. The Naso Clan will no longer play their sadistic vampire games on the town folk of Harlan Watch anymore.

In one of the many treasure chests we found a most unusual item, a Runeskull of Decay (MOO).

In the end we delivered the lasting cure to eleven vampires of the Naso Clan. The Light of Dawn has now feasted on 172 vampires and hungers for more.

It was beginning to get dark when we left Fort Naso and began what we thought would be a long trek before finding a suitable place to camp. Going down the mountainside was much easier and were we pleasantly surprised to find Fort Naso sat a short ways above Carbo’s Camp.

Enjoying the evening campfire, we happened to notice a strange column of light dominating the night sky. Definitely needs to be investigated. But first let’s get some sleep.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Oct 6 2020, 09:00 PM
Post #1469

Paladin
Group Icon

Neat how Kaleah can smell vampires.

Twinkle to light the way!

Darn invisible vampires makes sorting out their numbers troublesome!

Sisters of Insanity! What a perfect name for the pair consisting of a Dark Seducer and Golden Saint.

The vampire hunters are victorious, with a bit of help from Meridia’s (?) blade.

I wonder if Kaleah can now smell the stench of necromancy from that mysterious column of light?

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
macole
post Oct 7 2020, 09:34 AM
Post #1470

Mouth
Group Icon

Arcaian: Kaleah doesn’t actually smell the vampires themselves. It’s their lair that smells. She claims it smells like the milking barn on a dairy farm (childhood memory of an uncle’s small dairy farm). Kind of a sickening sweet combination of hay, fresh milk, and cows.

Necromancer scent, hmmm. She’s never mentioned that.

Meridia’s Blade. Yes, I like that. Light of Dawn is an Oscuro’s Oblivion Overhaul (OOO) quest item. OOO doesn’t give much history other than being held by some legendary vampire hunters, and that it may have been designed by a Telvanni enchanter. Perhaps it was given by Meridia. Never know.

Personal lore (Head Canon): in keeping with his mission to recover lost Fay artifacts the Jandaga holds that items such as Light of Dawn and his armor are of sylvan origin. He may be wrong but he doubts it.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Renee
post Oct 8 2020, 01:53 PM
Post #1471

Councilor
Group Icon

Goodness. So Borba is connected to this skooma ring! huh.gif All these years we had no idea.

We were thoroughly lost at that point

I know the feeling.

I like that Amazon armor. That would be fun someday to rollplay an Amazon.

Come die with me...Uh oh.

Great action pics today. I also love that expression on Sahida's face! ohmy.gif And the Argonian's armor is wicked. I always wonder where all these armor / clothing sets come from. That is not Goddess Store, for instance. It looks totally appropriate for a lizard.

Congrats on less vampires in the Cyrodiilic populace.

--------------------
+Quote Post
macole
post Oct 13 2020, 09:09 AM
Post #1472

Mouth
Group Icon

Renee: Most of the armor comes from a 2017 mod Mass Outfit Redesign. It has been updated and renamed to Vanilla Gear Redux on the Nexusmods site. My Ladies tend to wear items from the Goddess store with a few custom mods tossed in. The Silverlight variants are always in demand
Come die with me...Uh oh. – I was listening to some CDs while on the ladder painting outside windows. These two stayed with me while playing; You Can’t Ever Come Down and Moonsong: Pelog.

Arcadian: The Sisters of Insanity are always eager to help. Sometimes I think they drag a soul or two back to the Isles with them.

20201013 Dark Fissure OOO, MOO
The next morning the Jandaga told his Ladies that they were going to find the source of the strange light. His Ladies gave him the strangest look.

“You’ve been there before you know,” Kaleah informed him. “Think back on how you became arch-mage.”

“Oh! Been so long ago, I forgot. Well, we’ll go find out what’s going on anyways.”

The Ladies shrugged and followed the Jandaga up the mountain trail to the Dark Fissure cave. To their dismay there was activity at the Dark Fissure once again. A robed mage or priest was standing there casting spells at the
altar.

The Jandaga notices the skull and skeletal hands emblazoned on the chest of the mage. A Putrid Hand (OOO) Necromancer! When the necromancer noticed Jandaga and his ladies approaching, he screams wildly about no one being able to stop the Order of the Black Worm.

The aelf Maeva’s, Daughter of the Sacred Grove, natural abhorrence to necromancers took over when the Anchronite struck Jandaga with a spell. Maeva struck that idiot with such a hard blow that the follow through drove her sword into the altar.

“Take a look around. It ain't too complicated; we're messin' with Murder Incorporated!” Maeva sings out vehemently.

Taking Maeva’s warning to heart we cautiously enter the cave and veer to the left at the first junction. Meeting little resistance, just some zombies and skeleton warriors, we follow the tunnel until it eventually opens to a well appointed bed chamber. Somebody has a comfy set-up here.

Backtracking we take the other shaft which leads to the Dark Fissure Tunnels. These tunnels are more heavily populated with necromancers and their pet projects. It wasn’t long before the necromancers introduced us to their pets.

The necromancers of the Putrid Hand aren’t shy about using lightning. They along with their animated minions e.g. headless argonian skeletons, wraiths, mummies, and zombies came at us hard. They are now scattered about the tunnels looking almost as good as their bloody experiments. Good thing the necromancers were few in number.

Entering the Inner Sanctum we take the fork on the left. Something rather strange is going on. There was very little Putrid Hand activity until we reached a large chamber containing a large sacrificial altar. It was then that we were attacked by a small group of miners.

Kaleah got a little hot under the collar. That’s a lot of heat for such little collar she wears.

“Miners? Here in Dark Fissure?”

“Grave Robber faction from MOO,” Kaleah corrected me. “The Archeology Guild’s evil twin.”

Voices can be heard echoing down the tunnels. From the sound of it the grave robbers led by an artifact collector and a tomb raider are trying to negotiate business deal with the Putrid Hand.

“Not fresh enough. We paid for fresh bodies!”

“What do you mean? Any fresher they’d be the live mourners at the funeral.”

“Exactly.”

“Cost you triple. In advance.”

By the time we reached the main chamber the negotiations had broken down into a little war. The Putrid Hand and the Grave Robbers were locked in battle until we stepped in from the tunnel. That’s when both sides forgot their differences and turned their attention to us.

Took care of the two leaders of the Grave Robbers first. With the Artifact Collector and a Tomb Raider gone, all that was left was the beautiful Carla Du Vrey.

The treasured leader of the Putrid Hand did not give in easily. Pym and Maeva lay critically injured before the Jandaga and Kaleah put an end to Carla Du Vrey.

The Dark Fissure is quiet once again.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Oct 13 2020, 05:31 PM
Post #1473

Paladin
Group Icon

Maeva the stonecutter really dug into that altar!

Corpse miners and necrodudes – sounds like a reasonable alliance in the making. Too bad their squabbling didn’t end with them all dead. Oh well, that’s what heroes are for, right? Uh oh, Pym & Maeva needs some resto.

The corpse miners do have kind of snazzy hats though. . . .

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
macole
post Oct 17 2020, 06:51 AM
Post #1474

Mouth
Group Icon

Acadian: The hats are wearable by the PC. they even have slits for the ears. Unfortunately the hats do not show up on the companions.

20201015 VH-OVB Fort Scinia
Thinking of an evening of rest our thoughts ran to the comfy big bed we found early in the cave. It was a race for the comfy bed. Pym won leaving the rest of us to sleep on the rug. Wouldn’t have minded so much if it hadn’t been for the occasional roaming zombie. Why won’t they die?

Next morning as we were leaving we met an Orc adventurer. We wished him luck.

It was a cloudy morning when we left Dark Fissure but brightened as we made our way down the mountain. Finding a trail that traveled north-east along the mountainside, it takes us past a bridge before it turns and leads us back up into the mountains.

Higher up along the trail we pass a small lake. A tall stone outpost sits atop the bluffs overlooking the lake. The outpost looks old, wonder if it is still being used.

A stone stairway rises up the into the steep boulder strewn mountainside. By the looks of it the stairway goes straight up to the snowy peak above.

Not sure if the steps go as high as the mountain tops; they took us to Fort Scinia and that is where we stopped. Amazing how we found Fort Scinia in less than half a day after being lost for three days.

Hoping to find our old friend Fast Eddie and talk some sense into him, we entered fort Scinia. What we didn’t expect was a detachment of Skyrim Raiders; 4 warriors, 3 crusaders, and one healer.

Quietly we advanced down the entrance hall. We could hear the warriors shouting up ahead. As we approached the first large room we could see several warriors and crusaders leaving quickly at the opposite end. Something was causing a lot of excitement further inside the fort.

“Mmmm, dinnertime,” Kaleah murmured.

Hoping to avoid the Raiders, we turned down a side hall. We came to a halt at a rusty iron grate set in the floor. The grate was so rusty it looked like it would collapse if anyone stepped on it.

Going back, we follow the direction the Raiders took. We found them in a large room trying to break through a large heavy door. Forgetting all semblance of ladylike decorum, My Ladies attacked the eight Skyrim Raiders.

Leaving the Ladies to deal the Skyrim Raiders, I returned to the floor trap try to find the door from the other side. With Twinkle at my side we dropped down to the floor below. What we saw there was sickening. The corpse of Fast Eddie was strung up and hanging from the rafters like a pig in the slaughter house.

Snagamaul gro Magul was found nearby, his body showed evidence of vampire attack. Drawing Light of Dawn I rose to meet whatever comes my way, hoping there won’t be too many.

The glint of metal stuck in a skeleton caught my eye. From the bone of Gran Struthe, I retrieved the key to the crypt. Certainly this key will open the entrance to this crypt. From the sound of it my Ladies are trying to break down the door. If I hurry I can save them from getting bruises on their delicate hands.

After fighting my way past mummies, a lich, and a ghoul I rounded a corner and there she was; the vampire assassin and she has the Exsanginator.

Oh my goddess, she she’s got a banshee on her side. Maybe it was Twinkle’s light that distracted the banshee and caused it to run off for a moment into the depths of the crypt, I don’t know but whatever it was it gave me enough time to gulp a potion or two and recover enough to continue the fight with the vampire.

It’s curtains for the vampire assassin.

Managed to unlock the door and staggered out of the crypts just as the banshee was returning. The banshee followed me out much to Pym’s delight.

Exhausted, we crashed for the night. We’ll deal with the clean-up in the morning.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Oct 17 2020, 06:15 PM
Post #1475

Paladin
Group Icon

A busy day indeed!

Beautiful landscapes that the party hiked through to get to Fort Scinia. Well at least they now know Fast Eddie's fate. kvright.gif

And Twinkle to the rescue! tongue.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Oct 19 2020, 05:59 PM
Post #1476

Councilor
Group Icon

Murder Incorporated is ringing a bell. Hmm. Google leads me to Bruce Springsteen, along with a dozen other real-world references, such as Mafias. indifferent.gif

I love those miners! Look at their cute little hats. Too bad they seem hostile. If I saw a group of psychadelic warriors coming my way, I'd go into GTFO mode. panic.gif

I love that picture of them all fighting in Fort Scinia. Looks like something painted by Vermeer, perhaps.

ha ha that is what some of my characters do too. The rest of the party engages in some fight, so my main character goes off to whatever is next. Why not? Getting involved in the fight can sometimes lead to friendly fire. *shrugs*

Very nice, everybody crashes out at the end. sleep.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
macole
post Oct 20 2020, 06:56 AM
Post #1477

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Oct 19 2020, 11:59 AM) *

Murder Incorporated is ringing a bell. Hmm. Google leads me to Bruce Springsteen,

cake.gif I was playing Bruce Springsteen Greatest Hits CD while painting windows earlier in the day; Murder Incorporated was the last track Song kind of stuck in my head while playing, seemed to fit.
Used to do Springsteen at the karaoke bars but I don't have the shoulders for it anymore. Daga used to say "you don't just sing, you do the dances too".

This post has been edited by macole: Oct 20 2020, 07:03 AM

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
macole
post Oct 21 2020, 05:49 AM
Post #1478

Mouth
Group Icon

20201020 VH-OVB Cheydinhal Chapter
First thing after breakfast we went looking for this Exsanginator thing that has been causing all the commotion. As I thought it was the dagger that the vampire assassin was using when we battled last night. My Ladies ooed and aaed when I held up the Exsanginator for all to see.

While rummaging through all the chests, coffins, and bodies looking for valuables down in the crypt we found a couple items that posed some serious questions. On the vampire assassin’s body was a note with orders to acquire the Exsanginator and Telvanni mageling and his Camonna Tong dogs. It was signed by V.

The order also hints at a conflict with Clan Berne over the Exsanginator. What is going on, who V, and why is the Exsanginator so important? Makes us wonder if a vampire clan war is brewing.

Looking at the bodies of Fast Eddie and Snagamaul gro Magul now has a new significance. They must be the competition the vampire assassin’s orders referred to. A torn note was found on Fast Eddie’s body instructing him to not to let the Exsanginator fall into the hands of Faves Andas or the damned… the note ended there.

Poor Fast Eddie, steadfast and loyal to the very end.

One interesting item we found in Fort Scinia was a Chest of Endless Spores (PTArtifacts). It is empty but it’s so unusual we’ll take it anyways.

After stripping the place clean, we were making our way out of Fort Scinia when we noticed the doors to an area we hadn’t touched, the Hall of Legends. Entering and exploring the Halls of Legend was quick and rather easy. A few ghost, specters and spectral knights were roaming the halls when we entered; all was quiet when we left.

Spectral Knights tend to get Kaleah rather excited and well she decided to show off. I just stood back and watched. It’s so good to hear her laugh.

At the far end of one hall we found three chests, one containing two bottles of the rare Shadowbanish Wine. We now have the six bottle of the Venerable Vintage Nerussa had asked for.

Loaded down with more than 3000pounds (?) of loot Kaleah begged that we go back to Cheydinhal. Good idea.
The trail from Fort Scinia led directly to Cheydinhal’s eastern gate. There was still plenty of time in the day to sell off the heavier stuff, weapons and armor. After a night at our Cheydinhal home we went to Borba's Goods and Stores to trade the rest of the loot.

The odd thing was Borba wasn’t one bit concerned about the loss of Snagamaul gro Magul. In fact none of the Orum Gang members showed any interest.

Now we need to decide on what to do with the Exsanginator. Bernard Rambault, Faves Andas both demand it. Both make veiled threats should they not get it. When it is made clear that only way they can have Exsanginator is if they join the OVB Cheydinhal chapter house and prove themselves worthy, they both offered to train members in a magical skill; either Alchemy (Bernard) or Destruction (Faves).

Bernard’s rather defiant attitude gave me an uneasy feeling. ”You! Grrrrr... Fine. If you give me the artifact then I will teach your friends everything I know about alchemy.”

Favas for an unexpected reason, seemed to be the more favorable of the two towards joining the order. “So that's how it is? Well... my master -has- been plotting to kill me for some time now... Very well, if you provide a place for me to conduct my research on the Exsanginator undisturbed then I will teach your minions a thing or two about destruction magic.”

Knowing a thing or two about dealing with Telvanii subordinates, we accepted Favas Andas into the Order of the Virtuous Blood, Cheydinhal Chapter. And after Kaleah gave him a look I’m more than certain he’ll behave.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Oct 21 2020, 09:57 PM
Post #1479

Paladin
Group Icon

A profitable day at Fort Scinia. They got the artifact Excruciator (lol) and progressed several mysteries closer to answers. And a sixth bottle of wine for Nerussa!

Hmm, something tells me if there is a vampire clan war brewing, the solution will not be so elegant as to stay out of the way and let the bloodsuckers kill each other off.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
macole
post Oct 24 2020, 07:11 AM
Post #1480

Mouth
Group Icon

20201024 Arkved’s Tower
It’s time to leave Cheydinhal. Leaving our Cheydinhal home in Faves’ capable hands we left Cheydinhal through the south gate. Taking a direct route through the forest we made our way south toward the Imperial City. It wasn’t long before we came across a small pretty little lake with crystal clear water and a waterfall at one end, so inviting.

Pym couldn’t resist. Throwing off her gear she dove into the water for a swim. Kaleah and Maeva followed suit. Well I couldn’t let the Ladies face the terrors of the deep alone now could I.

Playtime over, we were getting dressed when I happened to notice people on the far shore. We decided to walk on over and see what was going on. Who knows maybe they wouldn’t mind sharing a campfire to cook up some lunch or dinner.

When we got there we find ourselves standing in front of Vaermina’s shrine.

Oh yes, it all comes back now. We supposed to find a black soul gem for Vaermina. How fortunate, we just happen to have a one on hand.

“My Feache, are you sure you want to do this?” Kaleah asked as she handed me a black soul gem from her pack.

“Yep, Vaermina was like putty in my hands when Elenya and I ventured through her Adense Epic Dungeon. I
really don’t see any problem.”

“Jandaga, that’s not exactly how Elenya put it to me,” countered Maeva.

Placing the black soul gem on the shrine I called out. ”Vaermina, it is I, the Jandaga. Come forth and treat with me.”

The cosmos shifted and there I was standing before the throne of the Great Daedric Prince Vaermina.

“Dear Vaermina, your shrine does not do you justice. You get more beautiful by the day.” Did she just blush or roll her eyes? I couldn’t tell, maybe both.

“You mock me creature of the Fae but you pleased me once before perhaps you will entertain me again?”
She told me what she wanted. Recover her Orb which was stolen by the wizard Arkved.

“Now, be gone gnat.”

With that I was back in Cyrodiil. “Come my Ladies, we’re off to see the wizard, the wonderful Wizard Arkved.”

Maeva consulted her map. “The tower is not far from here. It’s just on the other side of the lake.”

Not far she said, she didn’t mention the climbing hundreds of steps to get to there.

Inside Wizard Arkved’s Tower; not the most inviting place but it’s quiet… so far at least.

Arkved’s Void; OK, couldn’t Arkved just put up a ‘No Solicitors’ sign?

Arkved’s Lost Halls; a room built for giants. We wonder though how did he get this stuff in through the door?

Arkved’s Hall of Change; a Dark Welkynd Stone, best home security
device ever invented except that once activated they can’t be turned off.

Arkved’s Retreat; beginning to think Arkved has some serious issues. Just what is he retreating from?

Arkved’s Oasis; OK this is getting out of hand! I guess you could say a rock in the middle of a lava lake is an oasis.

Arkved’s Rendering Halls; now this is more like we’re used to seeing in a dungeon.

Arkved’s Death Quarters; Arkved seems to be sleeping soundly, a little too soundly.

Arkved’s Death Quarters Vaermina’s Orb; quick grab the orb and let’s get out of this madhouse.

Another door took us directly outside where we rested until the next morning. Once we were awake and ready to travel we returned the Orb to Vaermina. Our reward was Vaermina’s gratitude and her token, the Skull of Corruption. As far as it goes for the wizard Arkved, Vaermina is going to keep him screaming in his nightmare for a long, long time.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post

120 Pages V « < 72 73 74 75 76 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:15 AM