Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> A New Sun Rises - Maxical's Adventures, The Truth Behind The Oblivion Crisis
mALX
post Mar 22 2010, 02:43 AM
Post #1

Ancient
Group Icon

A New Sun Rises

This story covers the daily events in the two years leading up to the Oblivion Crisis. It begins following the life of a semi-typical Khajiit girl who inadvertently finds herself the pawn of a powerful necromancer just as factions and forces begin moving into position.

When motivations are revealed it drives out the secrets of forgotten pasts, and another Khajiit girl whose life was an intertwined mirror of her own till both were altered irrevocably by the same necromancer in whose power they both found themselves.

The diverse paths their lives took merge once again in an explosive revelation that leaves one wondering how much of her skills and personality were ever her own; the other in a desperate struggle to keep control of her life, keep from being used against the Emperor as the crisis that will change Cyrodiil and the rule of Tamriel forever begins.

Maxical

IPB Image

Prologue

Sun's Dusk ( 3rd Era, year 432 )
Ma�Thjizzrini Qa
15 years after her parent's deaths

Fate is an invincible enemy in a battle you�ll never leave unscathed. It stalks you as prey and strikes regardless of shields or armor. The gods and other realms can find entertainment in manipulating your path on a whim; or ancient vampires dabble with your life, alter your mind without you even knowing it. Sometimes you don�t find out till it is too late.

I�d like to blame the gods for where I found myself, but the truth is that somewhere between the void and the Dreamsleeve lies fate; a place where time and space meet; where even the blackness of the void doesn�t reach, and the gods make wagers on the outcome of lives caught in the �tween.

Wedged into that fold are damned souls, souls that have been marked for paths they can�t change, to destinies they can�t escape. Ancient vampire's eyes see them as beacons, follow them as scents, control their minds without their ever knowing.

They are targets for revenge of an enemy they don't even know exists, pawns in a game they didn't even know was being played; whose contestants their worst nightmares couldn�t envision.

That�s where I found myself fifteen years after the game started. That was the day I found out that everything I�d ever known about myself had always been�her. Amiela.

Amiela was a 137 years old demon of a vampire that thrived on destruction and usurped whatever she could from others. She died a century before I was born, but the wars being fought over her didn�t end with her death. Her soul was marked�and inside me.

For me, fate was my parents bringing me through the heavy forested area of the Gold Road just outside Skingrad at the same time the second worst necromancer of our time was in a battle for the soul of Amiela. And there I was, a convenient hiding spot.

That was the day my parents died. All I ever knew of them was where they died and what killed them. I was twenty years old before I even learned my mother's name. I was twenty years old before I remembered Nisaba. Nissy.

Nisaba

Nissy�s beginning didn�t just match mine, it was mine; though neither of us knew it before we�d both turned twenty years old. That was the year our paths crossed again and we learned the only scraps of our histories anyone was ever able to recover. That's when we learned our destinies were intertwined long before our lives began.

Nissy and I were born within a month of each other in the year 412, both born in the 'no-man's' land of wild mountain passes between Vvardenfell and Cyrodiil. Our parents were traveling together and we were born en route, but our histories began long before that.

From early childhood our parents were owned by Hlormaren, a Dunmer Stronghold on the Bitter Coast of Vvardenfell. Before that they were housed in the same children's slave pen on the mainland. Maybe our histories began long before that, but that was the furthest back any information went that we were able to find.

Nissy�s mother died giving birth to her. Her father dropped her off at the Imperial Legion Orphanage for the un-adoptable when she was two. Three years later a Legionnaire dropped me off there when my parents were killed in a minotaur attack.

Fate once again found Nissy and me four years later in the middle of the night, right there in our room at that orphanage. We were both nine years old when our destinies were wrenched into the hands of the worst necromancer Tamriel has known since the King of Worms. Both of us have been in his power in one way or another since. Dagoth-Malan.

That was eleven years ago, eleven years that Nissy waited for me to keep a promise to save her...eleven years that all my memories of her were stolen by Dagoth-Malan so I couldn�t keep that vow. Until fate brought us together again when we both turned twenty.

Nissy and me, we were both in the wrong place at the wrong time. Fate.

** The Beginning **

Where Memories Begin And End

Legion Office, Imperial City
3rd Era, year 417 (memories of events that occurred when Maxical was five years old)

The earliest memory of my lifetime begins and ends in the Legion headquarters in the Imperial City. I�ve never been able to remember a single moment of my life before finding myself in that office.

It was a coming awake. A dark void of nothingness, and then in a blink my eyes were open and there I stood in that office with no idea where I was or how I got there.

An odd putrid odor I couldn't name seemed to be clinging inside my nostrils and roiling my stomach, even the pungent stench of sweat emanating from the large man behind the desk was a welcome relief in comparison.

There was an odd feeling of having forgotten something important that niggled irritatingly, a barb that probed against my mind to remember, but there was nothing to answer its incessant prodding. Nothing. It was like a journey through a maze with only dead ends at every turn. I didn't know where I had come from, where I belonged, or who I belonged to.

At first I barely understood what they were saying; strange sounding words spoken so harshly and rapidly that it was impossible to grasp even one to decipher. They couldn�t understand me at all when I spoke.

Somewhere deep inside me in a place as unconnected to me as the lost memories of my life before that office there was the oddest sensation; a stirring, as if that part of me was just now waking. Suddenly their words were striking a chord of recognition It almost felt as if I could speak their tongue, but when my mouth opened the words still came out in the only language I knew.

The large sweaty man behind the desk pointed at me. "What is that?"

"Don't know, only that it's the get of some beasts killed by a minotaur up on the big curve of the Gold Road in County Skingrad. Couldn't tell what they were either. The mother was a bloody mess; but the male...fur black as coal soot, and the same flattened face as that one's." He indicated my face, then added, "Too big for a cat, never seen anything like him. Both bore slave tattoos so they can't be from Cyrodiil. No travel papers or identification on either body."

The large sweating man's chair groaned loudly as he leaned over and gave me an intrusive and extended eyeing. "That ain't no Khajiit, not with that white coloring. That face gives me the creeps, you said the male looked the same? This one must be an albino then. No telling what you'll find in those other Provinces, all barbarians." He spat a large wad of brown cud into the urn beside him.

"The male had been looted; they even took his clothes, naked as a jaybird he was. Found this in the brush near the female's body." He held out a blood spattered travel pack. "When I moved her body this silver dagger was underneath her, and this gold locket fell off her neck. Chain was broken, likely in the attack."

The rotund man tossed him a cloth to wrap the items in, then pointed at me. "How old do you think it is?"

"Too small to be very old. Can't be much more than a couple years. It walks well enough, though. And mark it as female, it squatted to relieve itself on the way here."

"Two year old female." The large man wrote something down.

"And a bad tempered one at that. She scratched me up good trying to get her on the horse." That was met with raucous laughter from the men gathered.

"It's that red hair!" Someone called.

The mocking laughter and insulting treatment I understood without the help of that strange place within me that seemed to know this language. I didn't know anything about myself or how I got here, I was confused and up till that moment terrified. But at that moment I learned that I had a temper. I could feel it building inside me like a fire about to go out of control.

In my rage I nearly missed that their odd contortions and rudimentary gestures to communicate were attempts to get my name. My name. That would be important to find out who I was.

�Ma'Thjizzrini Qa.� A girls voice squealed from behind me. I turned to see a Khajiit girl in the doorway staring at me wide eyed.

"Ma'Thjizzrini Qa!" She started running toward me, but one of the armored men grabbed her and pushed her back out the door.

As soon as she said it I knew that was my name, it struck a familiar chord immediately. I repeated it, imitating their miming gestures by pointing to my chest. �Ma'Thjizzrini Qa.�

"Name, Maxical." The rotund man wrote something down, then stamped his seal on the document.

They said I was found beside my parents, was there when they were killed. I didn't remember any of it. It felt like they talked abstractly about strangers. The greatest shock for me that day and so many days since was that I didn't even know my mother's name; wasn't able to bring an image of her to my mind, or even a glimpse of a moment with her or the sound of her voice. It was like she disappeared into the void, taking every remembrance of her.

That day in the Legion office though, that I will never forget. The smell of pipe smoke and tobacco, male sweat and steel; those odors bring back the memory of that day as if it was still alive within me, still happening to me.

It has stayed fresh in my mind all these years; but not because I wanted to remember it. It was that haunting memory that was just out of grasp beyond it, the sheer number of times I�d come to that stopping point in my memory and tried to force beyond it to find something, anything of who I was; of my life before that Legion office. Of my mother.

That day, those men staring at me as if I were an insect as they tried to determine what I was, what I was saying...what to do with me. All through it my mind burned with trying to figure out who I was and how I got there. I'll never forget that day.

This post has been edited by mALX: May 4 2019, 07:13 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
mALX   A New Sun Rises - Maxical's Adventures   Mar 22 2010, 02:43 AM
Acadian   What a wonderful introduction! Lots of info p...   Mar 22 2010, 03:17 AM
Zalphon   Maxical!   Mar 22 2010, 03:54 AM
Winter Wolf   Oh, yipppeee!!! The world's most a...   Mar 22 2010, 06:12 AM
Destri Melarg   Ma'Thjizzrini Qa indeed, Maxical. . . welcome ...   Mar 22 2010, 06:26 AM
treydog   Strains of Also Sprach Zarathustra play. "Ch...   Mar 22 2010, 05:35 PM
mALX   * @ Acadian - Sheeeees Baaaaack! Thank you...   Mar 22 2010, 06:25 PM
mALX   * [b] [u]The Orphanage [size=2]Memories of ...   Mar 22 2010, 07:26 PM
mALX   * [b]The Orphanage [center][i]Memories of th...   Mar 23 2010, 01:06 PM
D.Foxy   Oh heck. Here I am in, and I have a nit to pick. ...   Mar 23 2010, 05:23 PM
mALX   * [size=3]The Orphanage [u][b]Chapter 4: Th...   Mar 23 2010, 09:17 PM
Winter Wolf   I planned all kinds of errors in my fights just t...   Mar 25 2010, 06:18 AM
mALX   * @ Acadian - I liked it better too, I was tryin...   Mar 23 2010, 10:22 PM
Acadian   I like this even better than the original. Very w...   Mar 23 2010, 11:11 PM
Olen   I've not read the much spoken of original but ...   Mar 24 2010, 12:47 AM
Destri Melarg   I agree with Acadian, but I must admit that every ...   Mar 24 2010, 07:56 AM
mALX   * @ Zalphon - Thank you Zalphon! It is great...   Mar 25 2010, 02:16 PM
Fiach   wow I think I read this on an other site a few wee...   Mar 25 2010, 05:59 PM
mALX   * [b] [u]The Arcane Chapter 7 Hold ...   Mar 25 2010, 06:35 PM
haute ecole rider   Classic Maxical! I like this better than the ...   Mar 25 2010, 07:12 PM
Acadian   Yes, your writing skill has improved greatly since...   Mar 25 2010, 08:54 PM
Destri Melarg   HEY!!! WHAT!!? *Destri put...   Mar 26 2010, 01:18 AM
D.Foxy   *marches back to screen with paper towels* *wipes...   Mar 26 2010, 12:29 PM
Winter Wolf   That's our Maxical, no doubt about it!...   Mar 26 2010, 04:28 PM
mALX   * @ Hauty - Thank you so much Hauty! I am t...   Mar 28 2010, 03:18 PM
mALX   * [b] [u]The Arcane [b]Chapter 9: Gradu...   Mar 30 2010, 04:30 AM
Zalphon   Malx, the other writers' cry when they see you...   Mar 30 2010, 04:59 AM
Winter Wolf   Thanks mALX!! I really miss the 'Love ...   Mar 30 2010, 06:00 AM
haute ecole rider   This is one of my favorites! Still makes me la...   Mar 30 2010, 06:10 AM
D.Foxy   I read it. I knew it. I have rolled in the floor f...   Mar 30 2010, 07:29 AM
Acadian   Congratulations mALX. :lol: This is even more ...   Mar 30 2010, 03:35 PM
Remko   I couldn't imagine you could improve upon the ...   Mar 30 2010, 04:14 PM
Destri Melarg   The Maxical we all know and love is back! Her ...   Mar 31 2010, 01:19 AM
mALX   * [b] [u]The Arcane Chapter 10: Ho...   Mar 31 2010, 05:37 AM
haute ecole rider   Well, gee, I wonder what's Irlav Jarol got to ...   Mar 31 2010, 05:51 AM
mALX   * [b] [u]The Arcane [b]Chapter 11: The Gol...   Mar 31 2010, 05:53 AM
mALX   * [b] [u]The Arena Chapter 12: Hold ...   Mar 31 2010, 07:55 AM
Remko   So much deeper than the first time you wrote it. I...   Mar 31 2010, 11:26 AM
D.Foxy   Hwut he said. This truly IS much better than the l...   Mar 31 2010, 11:34 AM
Olen   Nice couple of updates. You develop the character...   Mar 31 2010, 12:05 PM
Acadian   As friend Remko said, so much deeper this time. T...   Mar 31 2010, 02:06 PM
haute ecole rider   Loved the graduation day! I agree with the oth...   Mar 31 2010, 02:25 PM
Destri Melarg   I was enthralled all the way through this chapter....   Mar 31 2010, 04:48 PM
Winter Wolf   *wolf spins in dizzy circles of happiness* I real...   Mar 31 2010, 05:33 PM
Rachel the Breton   mALX, your story has always been great...but I...   Apr 1 2010, 03:18 AM
mALX   @ Remko - Thank you so much Remko, I like it much...   Apr 2 2010, 04:24 AM
mALX   * [b] [u]The Arena [b]Chapter 13: The Ra...   Apr 2 2010, 06:18 AM
D.Foxy   The other two men didn’t know what happened, and i...   Apr 2 2010, 06:51 AM
Acadian   This was delightfully Maxical. Right down to an a...   Apr 2 2010, 07:27 PM
Destri Melarg   I agree with Acadian, your skill is apparent in ev...   Apr 2 2010, 09:40 PM
Winter Wolf   Ah, the golden armor, yes a very sad state of affa...   Apr 3 2010, 12:18 AM
mALX   @ Foxy - Thank you very much Foxy! Now that i...   Apr 3 2010, 06:59 AM
mALX   * [b] [u]The Arena [b]Chapter 14: The Rank ...   Apr 3 2010, 07:26 AM
Winter Wolf   Wow, the rollercoaster ride is moving at 100 miles...   Apr 3 2010, 10:15 AM
D.Foxy   In the eastern disciplines of the arts of war, bot...   Apr 3 2010, 12:27 PM
Acadian   Riveting is the word I want. Once I started readi...   Apr 3 2010, 01:51 PM
Zalphon   I can't help, but agree with Acadian.   Apr 3 2010, 07:13 PM
Destri Melarg   I went back and read chapter five, and I encourage...   Apr 3 2010, 07:34 PM
minque   OMG..I've spent the last 45 minutes to read th...   Apr 4 2010, 07:02 PM
mALX   @ Winter Wolf - That means tons coming from you W...   Apr 5 2010, 04:03 PM
mALX   * [b] [u]The Arcane [b]Chapter 15: The Blo...   Apr 5 2010, 04:06 PM
D.Foxy   Holy SHIPS, mALX. You just keep getting better an...   Apr 5 2010, 04:48 PM
minque   As I've said! You're a PRO!...   Apr 5 2010, 04:55 PM
Olen   That last update was brilliant. It's that sim...   Apr 5 2010, 08:00 PM
Acadian   Very nicely done mALX! I was impressed to see...   Apr 6 2010, 03:36 AM
Winter Wolf   Incredible mALX. I have always been in awe of your...   Apr 6 2010, 07:10 AM
Destri Melarg   I echo everything that has already been said. Wit...   Apr 6 2010, 08:35 AM
haute ecole rider   A lot to smile, chuckle and laugh out loud about i...   Apr 6 2010, 04:00 PM
mALX   @ Foxy - Thank you so much Foxy, to hear those wo...   Apr 7 2010, 07:36 PM
mALX   * [b] [u]The Arena [b]Chapter 16: The Gray P...   Apr 7 2010, 07:37 PM
Winter Wolf   Even when Maxical is trying to be a good kitty it ...   Apr 7 2010, 08:03 PM
haute ecole rider   Oh, too many to quote here! I loved it all...   Apr 7 2010, 08:07 PM
Acadian   Yes indeed! This was great fun to read. It ...   Apr 7 2010, 08:27 PM
mALX   @ Winter Wolf - Thank you so much Wolf! ... H...   Apr 7 2010, 09:47 PM
D.Foxy   Arch Mage Traven said he was sure it could be used...   Apr 8 2010, 03:07 AM
Destri Melarg   Using the interview with the Black Horse Courier a...   Apr 8 2010, 09:04 AM
mALX   @ Foxy - I remembered Damien Reynard pointing at ...   Apr 10 2010, 07:38 PM
mALX   I wanted everyone to see this, one of Maxical...   Apr 10 2010, 07:43 PM
D.Foxy   I STILL demand to know what "wee wee on my Te...   Apr 10 2010, 07:44 PM
mALX   I STILL demand to know what "wee wee on my T...   Apr 10 2010, 07:54 PM
minque   Hilarious, my cat sings and ...well, no comment...   Apr 11 2010, 10:09 PM
treydog   I am caught up again at last. I wanted to take th...   Apr 13 2010, 08:51 PM
mALX   @ Minque - Thank You so much! Maxical reall...   Apr 16 2010, 07:55 PM
mALX   * [b] [u]The Arena [b]Chapter 17: Repercus...   Apr 18 2010, 07:11 AM
Olen   The begingings of the rumour are nicely done, you ...   Apr 18 2010, 04:31 PM
haute ecole rider   So it'll all blow over by the time Maxical ret...   Apr 18 2010, 06:44 PM
minque   hehe...priceless!! Another one: Oh ho...   Apr 18 2010, 11:09 PM
Destri Melarg   :rofl: There is an image that will haunt me fo...   Apr 19 2010, 01:21 AM
Acadian   Oh my, that was entertaining indeed! Fun and ...   Apr 19 2010, 04:19 PM
mALX   * [b]Chapter 11a: Bringing Fathis Up To Date ...   Apr 21 2010, 11:31 PM
mALX   * [b]Chapter 11: Bad Things Come In Threes Ow...   Apr 21 2010, 11:33 PM
haute ecole rider   Weeeeell. I don't know whether to :O:, :pan...   Apr 22 2010, 12:54 AM
Acadian   Nicely done mALX! If there is a misunderstand...   Apr 22 2010, 02:28 AM
mALX   @ Hauty - I hope all that is good, I know the ROF...   Apr 22 2010, 06:10 PM
minque   mALXie....I'm so pleased you post Maxie's ...   Apr 23 2010, 12:04 AM
mALX   @ Minque - Thank you so much Minque! You ROC...   Apr 23 2010, 05:15 AM
haute ecole rider   This is better written the second time around, tig...   Apr 23 2010, 02:32 PM
Winter Wolf   This little woofy is sitting here with a big smile...   Apr 24 2010, 12:56 AM
Acadian   It's very clear where Fathis stands and of cou...   Apr 24 2010, 02:42 AM
mALX   @ Hauty - Thank You, thank you! I fixed that...   Apr 25 2010, 05:55 AM
22 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:16 PM