Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What Armor Did You Wear For Your Statue In Bruma?, Which Looked Best?
mALX
post Jan 14 2011, 09:51 AM
Post #1

Ancient
Group Icon

I always wear leather armor - so my statue was the same every game. I decided to wear a fancy armor for that battle in Bruma so my statue would look better.

I chose Elven and was aghast when I saw the statue! Elven does not look good on the statue, it looks tattered, lol.

Which armors did you wear, and which do you think looked the best?

Also, if you have a modded character, does the statue reflect the mods?

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ureniashtram
post Jan 14 2011, 12:00 PM
Post #2

Knower
Group Icon

I think there was another thread about this, dear mALX.

Anyway, with my current playthrough, my char doesn't wear any armor except for the Black Hand Robes.

--------------------
Djinn: What wish would you like to have, young master?
Random dude: SUPA POWAZ!
--
Djinn: Is there anything I could make true, lord?
Old guy: .. Youth and charisma.
--
Djinn: Your heart speaks of wanting. I could make it true, milord.
Me: Hmmm. I wish to know what I want. Then you could hook me up in some insidious deal, spirit.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 14 2011, 04:06 PM
Post #3

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ureniashtram @ Jan 14 2011, 06:00 AM) *

I think there was another thread about this, dear mALX.

Anyway, with my current playthrough, my char doesn't wear any armor except for the Black Hand Robes.

Oops! I didn't see that till you pointed it out! Sorry Everyone!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Arcry
post Feb 25 2011, 05:34 AM
Post #4

Agent

Uh...Silver went into battle with a leather glass mixture, Teran (My Imperial) ran at the hoards in sigil-infused Ebony, Aiden (My Bosmer) hid in his well-weathered leather, and Silus (My Dunmer) kept the men fighting while sporting a strongly enchanted red velvet robe and cowl.

Edit: Well, my bad. Sorry about the necromancy...I'll be a bit more observant....

This post has been edited by Arcry: Feb 25 2011, 05:37 AM
+Quote Post
Thomas Kaira
post Feb 25 2011, 06:01 AM
Post #5

Mouth
Group Icon

I'm probably going to destroy my statue when it gets erected. Mod equipment worn when erected = crash entering Bruma if said mod is removed.

Besides, the only reason I'm even doing the main quest with this character is because of the Fan-Fic, in which the Oblivion crisis happens alongside his story. Since he is not actually the one doing the quest (even though in game it technically is him), it would make sense to me that the statue be of someone else (like Julian, for example). But because I can't be bothered to model that, I'm just going to remove the statue when it gets built.

--------------------
Rarely is the question asked, is our children learning?
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Apr 17 2011, 05:13 PM
Post #6

Master
Group Icon

In every playthrough of the MQ I've done with Julian, she's kept true to herself and wore the Kvatch cuirass Matius gave her. So that's what shows up on the statue. I think it's a great way to commemorate the tragedy at Kvatch and the triumph at Bruma. The two Gates are logical bookends to the Main Quest, in my eyes.

As for my other characters, my Dunmer kept her leather throughout, my Nord wore steel plate, and my Imperial also wore the Kvatch cuirass, though not for the same reason as Julian. For her, it was a matter of having *ahem* less revealing mail.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Captain Hammer
post Apr 21 2011, 05:50 PM
Post #7

Knower
Group Icon

Full Daedric Plate with the Escutcheon of Chorrol, and my Belkar Longsword with a Blades Helmet thrown on for good measure. I've tried it with a staff and robe instead, but it just doesn't look right on him.

--------------------
My fists are not the Hammer!
100% Tamriel Department of Awesomeness (TDA) Certified Grade-A Dragonborn. Do not use before 11/11/11. Product of Tamriel.

Awtwyr Draghoyn: The FanFic; The FanArt.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 21 2011, 11:03 PM
Post #8

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Thomas Kaira @ Feb 25 2011, 01:01 AM) *

I'm probably going to destroy my statue when it gets erected. Mod equipment worn when erected = crash entering Bruma if said mod is removed.

Besides, the only reason I'm even doing the main quest with this character is because of the Fan-Fic, in which the Oblivion crisis happens alongside his story. Since he is not actually the one doing the quest (even though in game it technically is him), it would make sense to me that the statue be of someone else (like Julian, for example). But because I can't be bothered to model that, I'm just going to remove the statue when it gets built.

You could do the main quest with another character, and use that game to do things like take pictures of Cyrodiil during and post Crisis. Plus have pics of the Champion of Cyrodiil and her/his statue. If you need to have Derelas in those pics, you might just copy his face to that second character and make a special save for just those occasions. I have about half a dozen saves I made just to take pictures of Teresa for the TF, not for playing at all.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Thomas Kaira
post Apr 21 2011, 11:12 PM
Post #9

Mouth
Group Icon

At this point, Dere's game has faded into just that, a screenshooting install.

I'm a little tied up with a new character at the moment (take a wild guess at who).

Still, same rules apply.

--------------------
Rarely is the question asked, is our children learning?
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:46 PM