Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kingdom Come: Deliverance, A new open-world RPG set in Medieval Europe
SubRosa
post Dec 9 2016, 11:50 PM
Post #41

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Dec 9 2016, 08:23 AM) *

I also like the layered clothing Kingdom Come implements, as seen in earlier videos. (Padding under armor and so on.) I've long wondered why no modder has thought to add this to Oblivion.

This is in Fallout 4. In that game armor comes in two layers. There is a base layer which is usually a single item that comprises pants, shoes, and shirt. Then over that there is an armor layer, which has separate pieces for each arm, each leg, head, and chest. So you can wear a post office uniform, and leather armor on one arm, metal on the other, etc...

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Renee
post Dec 10 2016, 01:27 PM
Post #42

Councilor
Group Icon

Yes that is true, Fallout 4 has layered clothes, which means the next Elder Scrolls will probably have them as well.

I wonder which game will come out first though: Kingdom Come, or whatever Beth has been working on?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Dec 10 2016, 02:55 PM
Post #43

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Dec 10 2016, 06:27 AM) *

Yes that is true, Fallout 4 has layered clothes, which means the next Elder Scrolls will probably have them as well.

I wonder which game will come out first though: Kingdom Come, or whatever Beth has been working on?
Beth continues to swear that TESVI is not yet in development and that we should not expect another TES release any time soon . . . assuming I've not missed recent announcements to the contrary.

This post has been edited by Decrepit: May 9 2017, 01:30 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Dec 10 2016, 03:02 PM
Post #44

Councilor
Group Icon

Correct. Beth is supposed to be working on two new games "the size of an Elder Scrolls or Fallout game", or some such. Speculation is running heck-wild in the forums, of course.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post May 9 2017, 01:40 AM
Post #45

Master
Group Icon

Watched the first two episodes (so far) of a recently begun Kingdom Come: Deliverance LP. The Beta this fellow plays looked to be a bit more advanced than that used in the last such LP episodes I watched (some time ago). Here's episode one, though I find ep.2 more interesting overall.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Nov 20 2017, 02:02 AM
Post #46

Master
Group Icon

Watched a few newish KCD videos recently. Man, I swear the graphics at the beginning of this one from Warhorse Studio look so good at 1080p full-screen that, if I didn't know it was a game capture beforehand, I might well have assumed I was watching on-location medieval movie footage. (The near-field leaves at screen-right give it away a bit, but even those are quite well done.)

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Nov 20 2017, 02:10 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Nov 24 2017, 05:04 PM
Post #47

Councilor
Group Icon

Wow that does look incredible. Will this game ever get released though? laugh.gif

Some guy over in the new forums was ragging on KC: D, saying how clunky and unrealistic it is. Whatever though. I still wanna try it on release. Something different, anyway.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 1 2017, 03:21 PM
Post #48

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Nov 19 2017, 08:02 PM) *

Watched a few newish KCD videos recently. Man, I swear the graphics at the beginning of this one from Warhorse Studio look so good at 1080p full-screen that, if I didn't know it was a game capture beforehand, I might well have assumed I was watching on-location medieval movie footage. (The near-field leaves at screen-right give it away a bit, but even those are quite well done.)

It is looking much better than it did last year when they attempted to tone down the graphics to meet the average computer abilities. I love how they put in contingencies and different outcomes for each = one of the things I loved so much about New Vegas and enjoyed the few instances in Oblivion was how you could change certain outcomes with your choices.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Dec 1 2017, 04:05 PM
Post #49

Master
Group Icon

I feel like I've been hearing about that game forever.

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
Renee
post Dec 2 2017, 12:46 AM
Post #50

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Cain @ Dec 1 2017, 10:05 AM) *

Honestly I'm rather eager for it. Hopefully it'll tide some of us over for several years, since the next Elder Scrolls game isn't likely to be out before (gulp) the next decade.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Dec 2 2017, 01:00 AM
Post #51

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Dec 1 2017, 06:46 PM) *
QUOTE(Cain @ Dec 1 2017, 10:05 AM) *

Honestly I'm rather eager for it. Hopefully it'll tide some of us over for several years, since the next Elder Scrolls game isn't likely to be out before (gulp) the next decade.

Ugh. Don't remind me.

It better be damn good after all this waiting!

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Dec 2 2017, 06:50 AM
Post #52

Mouth
Group Icon

tbh I heard about this game for the wrong reasons a few years back and not to be a party pooper but judging from the red flags in the Kickstarter I'll be very surprised if the game ends up being good at all.

That said the crafting and some of the deeper mechanics (that can, admittedly, easily fall into the tedious category) did catch my interest, but then the only reason I play these swords bullshit games is for the magic so lmao I'm probably going to pass

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: Dec 2 2017, 07:11 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Dec 2 2017, 09:00 AM
Post #53

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Dec 2 2017, 12:50 AM) *

tbh I heard about this game for the wrong reasons a few years back and not to be a party pooper but judging from the red flags in the Kickstarter I'll be very surprised if the game ends up being good at all.

That's what that fellow over in the new forums was saying. Nothing positive at all.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Dec 7 2017, 10:59 AM
Post #54

Master
Group Icon

The game's music, a newly posted video (as of 6 Nov 2017) from Warhorse Studio.

I'm still undecided about buying the game. There are a number of things I like about it very much. Yet it is, in some ways, not the sort of game I'm drawn too. (As a lover of history every bit as much as fantasy, its lack of magic doesn't bother me in the least.) I think much might depend o price for the PC version, and to what extent ongoing proposed changes to taxation and social safety nets might reduce my available "luxury fund."

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Dec 7 2017, 02:00 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Dec 7 2017, 02:23 PM
Post #55

Master
Group Icon

I remember being wowed by the graphics when I watched a video of it in Alpha (a year or two ago?) but I'll be surprised if my PC can run it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jan 23 2018, 05:55 AM
Post #56

Master
Group Icon

Whoa....the lady YouTuber whose Maskinky LP got me interested in the game has been LP'ing the beta to KCD. She just posted her evaluation, with a neat Warhorse Studios video running in the background I've not seen before. Boy is it looking good. This game is SO tempting, though by its very nature it lacks some elements I normally insist on in an RPG. But there is so much I do like about it. Lots of stuff the Elder Scrolls series needs to mimic. Stunning graphics too, at least on PC if one has the system to handle it at max settings. I'm still undecided, but might make it a b-day present to myself.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jan 23 2018, 08:33 PM
Post #57

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Jan 22 2018, 11:55 PM) *

Lots of stuff the Elder Scrolls series needs to mimic.

Well... I don't know if that's going to happen by this point. Bethesda's way on their own path. I highly doubt they'll ever go back in the direction of (let's say) timed quests and stunning consequences. Full stats, and the like.

Wow! KC: D is coming out next month??? Very cool. This is good because Elder Scrolls VI is nowhere near in the future; everyone's saying Beth is working on Starfield next, which is some sort of outer space game. And then after Starfield there is some other game. Not ES6 though.

But uh oh... we only get to play as a man? We don't get to make our own character?? sad.gif I have no prob playing as a male, but I want those other options. Damn. Damn! I have to watch her video again. Maybe I got this info wrong. Edit: Nope, "we don't get to play as a woman, we only get to play as Henry." Damn. I don't even care that there's no magic! I'm spoiled by Beth giving us the options to make who we want. sad.gif

It does look incredible though. Cripes, the details in this game. Look at how the foliage gets pushed aside, for instance, as he walks through it.

This post has been edited by Renee: Jan 23 2018, 08:46 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jan 23 2018, 08:57 PM
Post #58

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Jan 23 2018, 01:33 PM) *

Well... I don't know if that's going to happen by this point. Bethesda's way on their own path. I highly doubt they'll ever go back in the direction of (let's say) timed quests and stunning consequences. Full stats, and the like.

Wow! KC: D is coming out next month??? Very cool. This is good because Elder Scrolls VI is nowhere near in the future; everyone's saying Beth is working on Starfield next, which is some sort of outer space game. And then after Starfield there is some other game. Not ES6 though.

But uh oh... we only get to play as a man? We don't get to make our own character?? sad.gif I have no prob playing as a male, but I want those other options. Damn. Damn! I have to watch her video again. Maybe I got this info wrong. Edit: Nope, "we don't get to play as a woman, we only get to play as Henry." Damn. I don't even care that there's no magic! I'm spoiled by Beth giving us the options to make who we want. sad.gif

It does look incredible though. Cripes, the details in this game. Look at how the foliage gets pushed aside, for instance, as he walks through it.

Yeah, Khajiit is iffy about this game. This one is waiting for reviews to come out before deciding to check it out.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jan 23 2018, 10:02 PM
Post #59

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jan 23 2018, 01:57 PM) *

QUOTE(Renee @ Jan 23 2018, 01:33 PM) *

Yeah, Khajiit is iffy about this game. This one is waiting for reviews to come out before deciding to check it out.

Yeah. Not being able to customize facial and maybe body features is a downer, and could have been included even in a title such as this. On the other hand, the main character is pretty much defined as being a young man, which sort of rules out my preference for creating decrepit old farts. I'm hoping my PC with run it at max settings. Sort of hard to tell, as the Steam Store's age verification would let me scroll down far enough to enter my birth date. It goes off the bottom of the page, and won't let me move the window high enough to correct it. Hmmm...I just thought of something simple to fix that (I hope.) Why didn't I think of it before? Decrepitude, I reckon.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jan 23 2018, 10:03 PM
Post #60

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jan 23 2018, 02:57 PM) *

Hey, did this one get a new profile pic? smile.gif Maybe I'm just noticing it and it's been different for awhile.

Yeah it is weird. I'm sure all of us who are curious about this game have our own little things they want out of it. I want the ability to make my own character. Even change the name away from "Henry!" laugh.gif What is wrong with me?

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Jan 23 2018, 04:02 PM) *

On the other hand, the main character is pretty much defined as being a young man, which sort of rules out my preference for creating decrepit old farts

Ha ha I love this!

This post has been edited by Renee: Jan 23 2018, 10:06 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

7 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:41 PM