> To Heir is Human II - Playground 3
ShogunSniper
post Nov 30 2006, 05:01 AM
Post #41

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(The Metal Mallet @ Nov 30 2006, 12:53 AM) *

Voltar, in a shack North of Anvil

Voltar was deep in concentration, studying the small encryptions of a very large tome when an unexpected knock sounded on his shack door. He looked at the door, suspicious of who could possibly be at his door.

His home was located in a rather secluded area North of Anvil, so he never really had a true visitor. The last "visitor" he had was some Daedra roaming the surrounding area during the Oblvion Crisis. Still, curiosity got the better of him and he approached the door. To be on the safe side, he readied the Staff of Worldly Demise.

He slowly undid the deadbolt and opened the door... Only to find no one standing there. Voltar poked his head out the doorway and looked around the surrounding countryside. Only the crickets of the night greeted him, as well as the steady whoosh of the sea crashing against the nearby cliffs.

Passing it off as hearing things, Voltar closed the door and headed back to his tome.

thanks wink.gif

Sadril, in a shack North of Anvil

"What interest have you of Veric Astien?" a shadow asked from a corner of the shack. Sadril stepped forth into the light with a grim look on his face. Whether the owner of the shack was aware of his presence remained to be seen, but Sadril felt a power from this man on par with Veric's which kept him on edge. He hid his fear well, though, and put up a confident front.

--------------------
War is over if you want it.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Nov 30 2006, 06:03 AM
Post #42

Master
Group Icon

Voltar, shack North of Anvil

Voltar was slightly surprised by the presense of the stranger. He was impressed by the man's stealth though.

"My interest in the man is purely personal interest," Voltar said bluntly. He had no need to be secretive.

"I plan to release him from his dimension as I intend to meet him. Why are you so curious about my intentions?" Voltar decided to pose to the stranger. The stranger seemed rather intriguing as well. He didn't think the stranger posed too much of a threat, especially with the power of the Staff of Worldly Demise coursing through him, but he had a feeling this man was here for information.

--------------------
I am currently a Writer in The Order of Schola.
Official Fan Fiction Forum "Commentasaurus"

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
+Quote Post
ShogunSniper
post Nov 30 2006, 06:11 AM
Post #43

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(The Metal Mallet @ Nov 30 2006, 02:03 AM) *

Voltar was slightly surprised by the presense of the stranger. He was impressed by the man's stealth though.

"My interest in the man is purely personal interest," Voltar said bluntly. He had no need to be secretive.

"I plan to release him from his dimension as I intend to meet him. Why are you so curious about my intentions?" Voltar decided to pose to the stranger. The stranger seemed rather intriguing as well. He didn't think the stranger posed too much of a threat, especially with the power of the Staff of Worldly Demise coursing through him, but he had a feeling this man was here for information.

Sadril, shack North of Anvil

Sadril was slightly put-off by the somewhat warm reception. With a little more confidence in his voice he spoke, "Veric was a business partner of mine," he paused, planning his words, "A very important business partner. Your shadow called me to this place, and so I come hoping you have a way of freeing Veric."

Sadril placed his yellow amulet on a table in the shack. "This once served as a link between myself and this dimension... Perhaps you can find a use for it?" He asked taking a seat.

OOC: sry gotta go.

--------------------
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Nov 30 2006, 07:54 PM
Post #44

Master
Group Icon

Flint Ironwood, drinking.

Flint laughed. ,,Yeah, it definitely worked. Man, I never thought about the reputation I would get when I bought this thing. It's great!" He said and took a large gulp of flin.
,,I don't think the real bad guys will be scared though. Knowing that voice, all the real Dark Brotherhood assassins will be against us. I just hope we find some good news at the library."

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Nov 30 2006, 08:58 PM
Post #45

Councilor
Group Icon

Rann

"Take it from me," he began, interrupting himself with a gulp of ale. "Dark Brotherhood Assassins aren't all that talented. Just numerous." He took another sip. "But luckily, so are we. They'd have to send two assassins for every one of us."

He wasn't giving the brotherhood nearly enough credit, but it was best not to have everyone scared to death over nothing.

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Nov 30 2006, 09:09 PM
Post #46

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(ShogunSniper @ Nov 30 2006, 12:11 AM) *

Sadril, shack North of Anvil

Sadril was slightly put-off by the somewhat warm reception. With a little more confidence in his voice he spoke, "Veric was a business partner of mine," he paused, planning his words, "A very important business partner. Your shadow called me to this place, and so I come hoping you have a way of freeing Veric."

Sadril placed his yellow amulet on a table in the shack. "This once served as a link between myself and this dimension... Perhaps you can find a use for it?" He asked taking a seat.

OOC: sry gotta go.

Voltar

Voltar inspected the amulet from where he was standing, there was an essence about it that was becoming more evident to him. He approached the amulet and cupped his hands around it, then closed his eyes in concentration. After a few moments they fluttered back open.

"It certainly seems we were fated to meet, stranger. This amulet is the last piece of the puzzle for me to free Veric. He possesses an amulet much like this one does he not? For if he does, the link between the amulets I can manipulate to break the barrier between the dimensions," Voltar said, excitement creeping at the edge of his words. This was about as excited as he could get.

Voltar went to the tome on his desk and flipped through pages, eyes scanning quickly over the pages. Yes, it would work, but only if Veric possessed such an amulet. He would have much more studying to do otherwise. Voltar returned his gaze back onto the stranger.

"Well? Do you have an answer for me? Does he have an identical amulet?"

--------------------

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
+Quote Post
Channler
post Nov 30 2006, 09:54 PM
Post #47

Master
Group Icon

Altec the Wanderer
Somewhere north east of the Imperial city

A small lake dominated the landscape. It's waters were home to numerous organisms, and the ecology was amazing to the trained eye. The number of plants a botanist could experiment with was exponential. Off to the northside of the lake stood a small house with a dock and a lone boat pulled up on the shore. Doctor Ingolf Valatine sat on the grass peering into the clear blue water unperturbed by the individual that approached his side.

"So.. I suppose they sent you to.. eliminate me?" He asked in a meek tone.

Altec didn't bother to sugar the truth, "..Yes."

The scientist chuckled, an obvious sign, to cover his growing anxiety. "Then I imagine that theres no way I could convince you to change your mind?"

"No." Altec peered into the water as well, aware of the situation, but secretly enjoying the calm of the moment.

"OK, fine then.." The stocky Imperial stood up and brushed his hands on his pants, "Can I ask you a question though?" He hadn't expected Altec to answer, but continued regardless. "Why? After so much Altec, after so much learning and training, after what you've become?"

They both stood in silence for several long moments. Doctor Valatine began to perspire, he knew the end was near after all, he helped create Altec and his brother. The assassin turned his body towards the doctor and brought his eyes to his.

"Retribution" Were the last words the doctor heard before Altec summon the spirit sword and plunged it through the Doctors chest cavity. The body went limp almost instantly as it fell to the ground, the pool of blood already growing around it. Altec glanced one last time at his.. "father" and made his leave.

--------------------
“I'm not insensitive, I just don't care.”
-Anonymous
IPB Image
+Quote Post
ShogunSniper
post Nov 30 2006, 10:44 PM
Post #48

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(The Metal Mallet @ Nov 30 2006, 05:09 PM) *

Voltar

Voltar inspected the amulet from where he was standing, there was an essence about it that was becoming more evident to him. He approached the amulet and cupped his hands around it, then closed his eyes in concentration. After a few moments they fluttered back open.

"It certainly seems we were fated to meet, stranger. This amulet is the last piece of the puzzle for me to free Veric. He possesses an amulet much like this one does he not? For if he does, the link between the amulets I can manipulate to break the barrier between the dimensions," Voltar said, excitement creeping at the edge of his words. This was about as excited as he could get.

Voltar went to the tome on his desk and flipped through pages, eyes scanning quickly over the pages. Yes, it would work, but only if Veric possessed such an amulet. He would have much more studying to do otherwise. Voltar returned his gaze back onto the stranger.

"Well? Do you have an answer for me? Does he have an identical amulet?"

Sadril

Sadril smiled revealing his white fangs, glistening in the candlelight, "Yes. They were most definitely linked, his and mine. They allowed us to communicate as well as allowed me to teleport to his home. Only one way, mind you, if that even makes a difference. The amulet could only take you there, not bring you back.

"But, yeah. He has an identical one. It may not be around his neck at the moment but I can almost assure you it is stuck in there with him."

--------------------
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Nov 30 2006, 11:12 PM
Post #49

Master
Group Icon

Voltar

Voltar picked up the amulet and brought it back to the tome on his desk.

"As long as it's there with him, that's all I need," said almost in a distracted fashion, his mind all ready jumping ahead to the plans he was about to perform.

He intended to use the amulet as a pathway between the dimensions, all he needed to manipulate the bond between them to allow passage, that and break the current barrier that was created when Veric was banished.

He created an empty space within the shack and placed the amulet in the center of the room, he then began to scrawl characters and symbols onto the floor surrounding the amulet with a jar of Daedra blood. After finishing the drawings, he concentrated his magic into the blood, causing the blood to turn from black to a pulsating dark green colour.

Voltar grasped the Staff of Worldly Demise, another key object needed to perform this task. It was then that he remembered the presense of the stranger.

"I would suggest you stand back," Voltar said as the staff began to emanate a red hue.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ShogunSniper
post Dec 1 2006, 12:43 AM
Post #50

Master
Group Icon

Sadril

Sadril raised an eyebrow at the man and obeyed his request to step back. He slowly paced backwards until his heel felt the wall. It had taken many dead ends and twenty years to reach this point, but he never expected this man would be able to free Veric so quickly.

He certainly knows what he is doing. Kind of.. scary.

I wonder if I...
Sadril stared intently at the Altmer.

Should I really allow Veric to return? No, of course I should... He must maintain the balance. The prophecy must be allowed to take its course.

--------------------
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Dec 1 2006, 01:21 AM
Post #51

Master
Group Icon

Voltar

Voltar didn't notice the look the stranger gave, as he began to fully concentrate at the matter at hand. The red hue of the staff began to intensify as Voltar stared down at the target. His eyes gleamed with power as he brought forth magic from the Alteration and Mythicism schools of magic, forming them together in complex patterns within his mind. All the while the Staff of Worldly Demise fed Voltar even more power to drawn upon.

A bead of sweat began to trickle down the side of Voltar's face as he built up the energies required for what he must do. Soon the room was filled with the green colour from the Daedra blood and the red hue of the staff, an odd humming noise was becoming more apparent.

Satisfied with his weavings, Voltar transferred them into the Staff, causing an arc of energy to burst from the Staff and collide with the amulet. Energy sparked from the impact and Voltar shook under the power unleashed from the staff, his face deep in concentration now.

Slowly, a grey void began to form above the amulet. It was violently swirling at first but as it grew, the void began to stablize, and Voltar seemed to loose the tension created by handling the Staff. A small, satisfied smile touched the corners of his lips as the arc of energy ceased its exit from the Staff. A grey, slowly swirling void hung suspended above the amulet. The void was roughly the size of doubled Inn doors.

Voltar took a seat in a nearby chair. His eyes still gleamed faintly of the energy he used.

"Now we wait. There should be a void that looks like that in his dimension; I targetted it appear in the vicinity of his amulet. All he has to do is walk through and he'll exit from this end of the void. But do not touch this amulet until he arrives, moving it will break the connection. I do not wish to perform this again," he warned.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Florodine of Hlaalu
post Dec 1 2006, 01:36 AM
Post #52

Knower
Group Icon

The Silhouette, Valus Mountains

"Soon" he thought to himself as he looked over the calm of the valleys inbetween the large peaks. A small village lay nearly untouched in the center of the valley, the Silhouette had been moving through the mountains looking at everything when he saw it. Suddenly he jumped from his large mountain and swung onto a tree three hundred feet down. He climbed down the tree like a chimp and landed in a field where a young argonian was working.

"Death is upon you" he said in a cold voice as the argonian's eyes widened. Shadow seemed to pour out of his hand and the argonian literally dissolved. Ten minutes later and the village was in flames, all the inhabitants disintegrated. Something the Silhouette was looking for was not there, it did not matter soon he would be out of the mountains.

Dalrus, Waterfront district

It was morning again and Dalrus woke up in her room at the Bloated Float. She got on her clothes and walked into the bar section. The bartender gave her some milk and a sweet roll. Dalrus sat down reading a alchemy. book
+Quote Post
ShogunSniper
post Dec 1 2006, 01:58 AM
Post #53

Master
Group Icon

Sadril

Sadril chuckled lightly to himself, "So it's that simple? He just walks through the door and the barrier will be broken?" Sadril asked as he pulled up a chair and began to wait. Again the thought of stopping all of this flashed into Sadril's head.

He would simply kick the amulet to break the connection, turn and cut this man in half. He ignored this intuition however, and continued to wait. "You sure this'll work?" He asked, breaking the silence after a good twenty minutes had passed...

Veric, ???

The amulet, lying on a nightstand next to an unused bed, began to rattle. Veric turned from his desk to where the noise came from only to find a grey portal containing a set of doors floating above his stand.

"This is new," he said plainly as he inspected the doorway at first and refrained from entering. Eventually he scared himself with the thought that he might miss his only shot out of his cage and decided to take a chance, carefully climbing atop his nightstand to make himself level and opening the door, stepping through it.

A small shack north of Anvil

A loud clap resounded through the shack and surrounding woods just a moment before Veric stepped through the portal. He looked around the shack in a daze and saw two people. One he recognized as Sadril, but the other, an Altmer, he did not know.

Veric nodded at Sadril, a look of confusion still in his eyes, and turned to the stranger. Not knowing what else to do he extended a hand to the man, "How do you do?"

--------------------
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Dec 1 2006, 02:24 AM
Post #54

Master
Group Icon

Voltar patiently sat in silence, awaiting the arrival of Veric; he had been patient 20 years, he could wait an additional 20 minutes if needed.

"I'm sure Veric is the careful type and will want to examine what I left for him, just be patient," he said, answering the stranger's question.

Moments later a loud clap sounded and Veric appeared outside the void. He shook the man's hand when he extended it towards him.

"I am fine, Veric. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Voltar Simis, a mage of sorts I guess one would call me if they wanted to label me a trade. I take it you're wondering why I've released you?" Voltar inquired after introducing himself.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Channler
post Dec 1 2006, 02:40 AM
Post #55

Master
Group Icon

Altec the Wanderer

As a mage Altec was always apparent of the energies of Nirn, and more importantly when they were upset. Moments earlier there was a strange disturbance and, to the surprise of Altec himself, he was piqued at wat could cause such an immense shift in magicka.

Though not a very safe way of travelling, Altec deemed for the moment that teleportation was be the quickest link to this shift. There was always the unfortionate chance that one would appear inside the center of a tree, or rock, or even the world itself.

However Altec continued with the summoning and brought forth a portal he thought that would lead him to the source. As he stepped through his body felt electrified, a terrifying yet compelling experience, and in moments later he found himself laying on his back in the middle of some field..

--------------------
-Anonymous
IPB Image
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Dec 1 2006, 03:07 AM
Post #56

Master
Group Icon

Flogir, a little hungover and sore

Flogir waved at Dalrus as she entered the room. Flogir was nursing a light breakfast as he didn't feel too good to have something big and heavy.

"Looks like you were one of the lucky ones who didn't get involved in the little... "scuffle" we had last evening. Of course, that means you missed out on the celebration we had afterwards, which was fun, but now I'm paying for it," Flogir said, chuckling softly.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Dec 1 2006, 03:31 AM
Post #57

Master
Group Icon

Ian

Hearing Flogir's unitended pun, Ian chuckled as he jumped down from the balcony above the bar. "Well, Johnathan and I are paying for the celebration and damage literally." He landed lightly beside Flogir. "And by the way." He sat down in a nearby chair. "I hate alcahol."
+Quote Post
Channler
post Dec 1 2006, 03:39 AM
Post #58

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lord Revan @ Nov 30 2006, 09:31 PM) *

Ian

Hearing Flogir's unitended pun, Ian chuckled as he jumped down from the balcony above the bar. "Well, Johnathan and I are paying for the celebration and damage literally." He landed lightly beside Flogir. "And by the way." He sat down in a nearby chair. "I hate alcahol."

Jonathan Constantine

Jonathan winced a little as he saw Dalrus, but that could of been cause of his near severed finger as well.

"Well.. Better not say Satyana.. I had it mended up after the brawl, however it still hurts.. And by the nine, my head too.." He muttered something incomprehensible to himself as he poured another shot of brandy and took a long pull.

After smacking his lips, and feeling slightly better, Jonathan rose a question, "Did anyone else.. You know, feel something last night? I mean.. Damn, I'm not sure how to describe it.." He paused and rubbed the stuble on his chin, "Ah.. You know when a mage of the sort using magicka? The feeling that encompasses the air? Well anyways it was quite different.. The feeling that is.."

Jonathan wasn't sure if the he was talking or the brandy, but he knew something was up.

--------------------
-Anonymous
IPB Image
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Dec 1 2006, 03:42 AM
Post #59

Master
Group Icon

Flogir

"So I've noticed," Flogir answered, turning towards Ian, "And I respect your choice. I'm just a social drinker that's all, it's not like I drunk until I puked or anything..."

Some people liked having complete control of their senses, others, like himself, didn't mind experiment every once in awile. No big deal right?

--------------------

+Quote Post
ShogunSniper
post Dec 1 2006, 03:42 AM
Post #60

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(The Metal Mallet @ Nov 30 2006, 10:24 PM) *

Voltar patiently sat in silence, awaiting the arrival of Veric; he had been patient 20 years, he could wait an additional 20 minutes if needed.

"I'm sure Veric is the careful type and will want to examine what I left for him, just be patient," he said, answering the stranger's question.

Moments later a loud clap sounded and Veric appeared outside the void. He shook the man's hand when he extended it towards him.

"I am fine, Veric. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Voltar Simis, a mage of sorts I guess one would call me if they wanted to label me a trade. I take it you're wondering why I've released you?" Voltar inquired after introducing himself.

Veric

"A curious, maybe bored mage looking for an equal? But no, I am more wondering whether I have trully been released, or have I gone insane and this is but a dream?" Veric replied philosophically. For being completely isolated for twenty years he seemed to regain his wits rather quickly.

Sadril simply crossed his arms and leaned back against the wall.

--------------------
+Quote Post

11 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th June 2024 - 12:17 PM