9 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lissa Cristenn: The Redguard Archress
Acadian
post May 11 2011, 12:36 AM
Post #21

Paladin
Group Icon

Some very effective imagery with Alyss and the fire and skin etc.

Take a look at this:
“What have you done!” I screamed, running over to Tristen’s remains whilst everyone else sat in shock. Tristen stood up slowly. She was possessed by Leinahtan again, and this time I wasn’t going to live through it.'
Tell me that you meant Alyss here instead of Tristen?

And welcome to Rihanae, the quiet and underappreciated spirit guardian. Only been on the job a short time and already being called lame by his young charge.

Looks like a return to Cyrodiil!

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 11 2011, 05:57 PM
Post #22

Ancient
Group Icon

Well that was certainly a surprising scene with Aliss! Now who could this Leinahtan is? And why does s/he or it want to kill our Redguard Archress? However, after that, I can see why Redguard's do not like magic!

“Thanks Daddy.”
Oh my! I am not surprised that Lissa might start to see Jak as a surrogate father. This was an excellent touch.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Rihanae
post May 12 2011, 02:11 PM
Post #23

Knower
Group Icon

SubRosa: Thank you for the comments! Yes, the Aliss scene was a bit of a spanner in the works! First everyone is enjoying a meal; then Aliss massacres them all ;P

Acadian: Like always, thank you for the comments! and yes, Rihanae and Lissa relationship is, to say the least, rocky to start with, but i'm sure it will improve smile.gif Thank you for the nit with the names. there's so many characters i get confused! haha wink.gif

King Coin: haha, i'm glad you enjoyed the spontenaity of Aliss's massaacre! tongue.gif

PREVIOUSLY: After Aliss's attack, they decide that it is safe to talk to her again, but they are wrong as she brutally murders everyone bar Lissa and Jak, who manages to kill her in time. However, before she died she mentioned the name Leinahtan. What could that mean?

For her 19th birthday Lissa was given a stone whihc enables her to talk to her guardian spirit, Rihanae, and a reading by Jak's friend Falvor, who tells Lissa that she muct go back to Cyrodiil or people will die. Lissa decides that she will go back and leaves Jak, accidently calling him daddy...

___

5. Chapter 2 ~ Prison Break ~ Part 1

I woke up; my head was pounding. I stood up off the dirty, concrete floor and took in my surroundings.

Prison.

Darn. I thought it was just a dream.

Apart from my Guardian Stone, which I smuggled in my hair, I had nothing to my name. No money, no weapons, no lipstick. It was awful.

I noticed a small table with a single stool in the corner of the clammy cell, a single ray of light beaming across from a sorry excuse for a window. I sat on the stool, thinking about why I was in this mess.

That’s the last time I stowaway in a first class carriage. It’s a bit of a severe punishment though…

Reality didn’t even hit me. I just sat on the stool, thinking about how awful my clothes were. A cloth shirt
with disgusting trousers.

And the colour! Eurgh...

It was not the best outfit in the world, but it was better than nothing.

Actually no, I would rather wear nothing. I guess I’m l lucky that no-one is around to see me wearing-

“Why, hello there pretty Redguard! Aren’t you a fine example of the female form!” There was male Dunmer stood in the cell opposite mine.

Eww…

“One of the guards owes me a favour. I could have you moved into my cell in minutes… if you like.” The sleaziness in his voice was more of a turn off than a turn on. I tried to ignore him, but the persistent Dunmer just carried on with the flirting; if that’s how he spoke to women, I’m not surprised he ended up in prison.

“It’s not often you see a Redguard with a figure like yours. Your beauty oozes, little one.” He continued. The fact he called me ‘little one’ creeped me out even more. I continued my thrilling action of sitting on the stool, only for my personal time to be interrupted by a certain spirit.

“I told you that you shouldn’t have stowed away. Look what has happened now.” Rihanae said.

“Well if you gave me some helpful advice rather that keep quiet, I wouldn’t be in this mess; would I?” I replied, frustrated.

“But even if I did give you some advice, would you listen to it?”He had a point.
I probably wouldn’t have taken his advice; I would have thought it was a stupid suggestion. If I was completely honest with myself I would say that I was a bit freaked out about the whole guardian spirit thing. I didn’t mean to push Rihanae away, but I just wasn’t used to having a pushy Bosmer in my ear all the time. It wasn’t my idea of a party.

“Now, what are you going to do about him?” Rihanae said about who I can only assume was the Dunmer.

“Hmm… wait till his back is turned and throw this cup at him?”

“I doubt it will go through the gates.”

“Why? The gaps are big enough?”

“I know, but I have it’ll just bounce right back off and collide with your face, and we don’t want that now!”

It was nice to see Rihanae joking for a change; at least I thought he was joking.

“But you do need to do SOMETHING about him.” Rihanae insisted.

I thought about what Rihanae said and I stood up from the stool and walked over to the cell door, staring the Dunmer in the eye.

“Oh, I do hope you’re not talking to me, because if you are, when I’m released, I’ll have you singing the falsetto quicker than you can protect yourself. Do you understand me?”

“Oh, the Redguard has fire in her. I like that.” Suddenly the Dunmer stopped speaking. His attention turned to the sound of soldier walking down the prison steps. “Oh here they come! To take you away!”

I panicked, slightly. These soldiers sounded quite terrifying. I heard the voice of a female, who sounded very uptight. I knew before I saw her that I wasn’t going to like her. Before long the soldiers, three of them, were standing by my cell door. There was a man standing behind them. He wore very royal looking robes. His hair was white and his face was old.

“What are they doing?” I whispered to Rihanae.

“I don’t know. Just do as they say and… try NOT to do anything too… Lissa.”

I froze in the spot where i stood, not knowing what I was going to do from that point onward.

“WHAT!? What is this prisoner doing here! This cell was supposed to be off limits!” shouted the female soldier. She may have been very forthright, but at least I was prettier than her.

“You. Stand by the window. Now.” said another soldier. A male Redguard. A young male Redguard. I did what he said and walked over to the window. I tried to look as attractive as I could, but that was a challenge when you were wearing an empty potato sack. The soldiers walked over to a wall in the far right corner of the cell.

“Now the passage should be over here. There is a loose brick which is a secret switch. Ah, here it is.” The female soldier said, pushing a brick, causing the wall to open. As this was happening, the old mane turned his attention towards me.

“You. I’ve seen you before. In my dreams…”

“…Thanks?” I replied, slightly confused. Was he flirting? Or was he senile?

He turned back towards the soldiers, “She comes with us. No questions.”

“I think you need to ask him some more question’s before you go with him. You don’t know what you’re letting yourself in for.” Said Rihanae.

“Like what? Asking him why I’m in jail to, you know, pass the time?” I whispered back sarcastically.

I looked at the guards, who looked as if they were ready to protest, but they resisted.

“Yes, Emperor.”

Emperor!?

“Wow, plot twist!” I whispered to Rihanae.

“Okay, you can trust him!” Rihanae, informed me.

The Emperor, again, turned towards me.

“Come with us.”

An early release AND the Emperor is speaking to me? Wow…

I followed the party through the ruins of what appeared to be some sort of tomb, I wasn’t to sure. The architecture was like nothing I had seen before. It was quite large, and I was tempted to shout just to see if it echoed, but I thought that wouldn’t go down well with the soldiers.

“What’s going to happen now?” I asked Rihanae.

“I don’t know. They’ll either let you go free as soon as you leave this ruin…”

“Oh!” I smiled.

“… or they’ll kill you.”

“Oh…” I frowned.

We continued walking. I began to whistle a delightful tune to amuse my self, but i was met by the glare of the female guard.

“Soo… why are we escaping? Is there trouble brewing?” I asked, not to anyone in particular.

“Do NOT ask questions, prisoner!” Warned the Redguard guard. I kept my mouth closed.

We continued walking. It was rather boring, but I couldn’t complain; literally. They’d kill me if I did.

“Rihanae, what is going on? Do you know why we are escaping?” I asked the surprisingly silent spirit.

“Unfortunately I do not have a clue.” He told me. I didn’t know whether he was lying to protect me from the truth, or he genuinely had no idea what was going on.

“I notice you appear to be talking to yourself?” said the emperor, who was walking in front of me. I was slightly shocked… and embarrassed.

“Yes, I… um. I’m slightly insane.” I tried to convince him. “Woo! I’m crazy, like… real crazy!”

Probably not a great idea trying to tell the emperor you’re insane in his bodyguard’s earshot, Lissa.

“Do not worry; I also noticed the gem you clutch in your hand. A guardian stone, is it not?”

I was surprised; mainly that he knew about guardian stone. I thought they were a one off thing.

“Yes, it is. I’m sorry that I… well, lied about my mentality.” I said. The Emperor laughed, and the Redguard guard turned around, scowling at me slightly.

“Emperor…” he said. The Emperor made a hand gesture which must have meant ‘keep walking’, as the guard did so.

“Why don’t you tell me about you Guardian spirit?”

The emperor is interested in ME? Wow…

“Well… he’s a bosmer. Was a bosmer I mean. He’s called Rihanae.”

The Emperor looked interested in what I was saying; I began to wonder whether he had a GS himself.

“Trust him, Lissa. Believe me when I say this.”

I looked at him, slightly confused.

“Um… okay.” I replied.

We walked into a large space, the sound of our footsteps bouncing against the echoing walls.

“Wow…” I said to myself.

Suddenly we were attacked from all around us. There were men in red and black armour trying to attack the Emperor. The soldiers readied themselves for a fight, while I tried to keep the Emperor safe, mainly by hiding with him in a dark corner.

The battle was intense. Blood splattered the walls of the ancient building, but soon enough all the bad guys were dead… but so was the female soldier.

“Captain Renault…” grieved the Emperor. She may have been a stuck up idiot, but she fought well.

“Emperor, we have to keep going.” said the Redguard soldier, and then he turned to me. “You stay here.”

"Oh, but…"

The emperor looked at me and smiled. “Do not worry, this is not the last we will see of each other. We will me again… before the end.”

Morbid much. And I’m going to be all alone in a ruin crawling with assassins. What an excellent way to spend the day.

I looked at the smiling emperor and nodded. The party walked through a gate at the far end of the room, leaving me on my own.

I sat in the large room for a while, before walking over to the body of Captain Renault. I wasn’t that horrified at the fact I was sat right next to a dead body.

After what happened with Aliss, this is nothing.

I thought the decent thing to do would be to close her eyes to make her look more at peace. After I did so I noticed her Blade in her hand. It had her name inscribed on it.

I’d better keep hold of this. They may want it back.

Suddenly Rihanae spoke, he sounded quite excited.

Lissa, Look over there. That wall is weak. You can knock it down.” said Rihanae.

I noticed the wall of which he spoke and, as he said, it was weak. I readied myself and shoulder rammed the wall. I could feel if moving, but I needed more power. After repeating my actions a few times the wall crumbled, to reveal a dank and stench ridden cavern.

“Good job my spirit friend!” I congratulated him for noticing the walls flaw.

I looked back toward Captain Renault. I was upset about the fact that she would be left here all alone. She could have had a family, kids and friends; but now she will just be left to rot in the ruin.
I couldn’t let my feeling get the better of me so I continued through to the cavern.

I strolled cautiously through the cavern, spotting something that peaked my interest. A skeleton wielding single bow and a quiver of about two dozen arrows attached to its back, which also wore a full set of what appeared to be leather armour. I wasn’t even remotely bothered about touching, and breaking, the skeleton, I was just happy that I was finally armed.

Now to get out of this hole!

This post has been edited by Rihanae: Mar 10 2013, 10:36 PM
+Quote Post
King Coin
post May 12 2011, 06:47 PM
Post #24

Master
Group Icon

Alright! Nice of the Emperor to advise her to LISTEN to her guardian.
Good writing and good chapter.

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 12 2011, 10:43 PM
Post #25

Ancient
Group Icon

So Rihane is doing hard time for stowing away on a carriage. I wonder where she tried to hide? Hopefully not in a trunk! At least she got to Cyrodiil free, and even had room and board arranged for her when she arrived! laugh.gif

So her guardian spirit is a Bosmer? That is a neat touch. Now Rihane's voice has that distinctive Bosmer sound in my ear. One thing I have noticed in version 2.0 is that you are doing much more with him. That is good to see. In this episode at least Rihane is a true companion of Lissa's.

She may have been very forthright, but at least I was prettier than her.
Well, good to know we have our priorities straight! biggrin.gif

I began to wonder whether he had a GS himself.
I believe that would be Akatosh...

I tried to keep the Emperor safe, mainly by hiding with him in a dark corner.
laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post May 13 2011, 12:57 AM
Post #26

Paladin
Group Icon

'A male Redguard. A young male Redguard. I did what he said and walked over to the window. I tried to look as attractive as I could, but that was a challenge when you were wearing an empty potato sack'
Not a single young Redguard back in Jaktown, but here she finally finds one when she's dressed like a potato!

“…Thanks?” I replied, slightly confused. Was he flirting? Or was he senile?
No worries, Lissa. That is as long as he doesn't try that old line, 'What's your sign?' Then you can worry. Oh, wait. . . .

'They’ll either let you go free as soon as you leave this ruin…”
“Oh!” I smiled.
“… or they’ll kill you.”
“Oh…” I frowned.'

tongue.gif Nicely done!

Lissa is managing to make escaping from prison almost fun!

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Rihanae
post May 14 2011, 04:07 PM
Post #27

Knower
Group Icon

Acadian: Hehe I'm glad you understand Lissa unfortunate scenario when it comes to prison wear and handome young men! It really was a joy travelling through tutorial dungeon with her, and im glad you've enjoyed reading about it smile.gif

SubRosa: Thank you for the comment about Lissa's relationship with Rihanae. I feel it is important to develop Rihanae as much as it is Lissa, so using him more has been fun, as quite revealing to Lissa's character also!

King Coin: Well, if the Emperor can't get her to listen to Rihanae, who can? tongue.gif

IMPORTANT NOTE: All chapters from this point onward will include screenshots, highlighted by a bold font on a sentance/word. There is also a screenshot added to the previous chapter. I hope you enjoy smile.gif

PREVIOUSLY: Lissa found herself in prison after stowing away in a carriage. She was eventually met by The emperor and his guards, who were trying to escape and lead the Emperor to safety for a reason unknown to Lissa or Rihanae. After they were attacked by assassins, the Emperor and his remaining guards left Lissa on her own; but Lissa eventually found a way into a secret cavern. what's a girl to do but explore?

___

6. Chapter 2 ~ Prison Break ~ Part 2

I decided to spend a short space of time honing my skills with the bow before I ventured further.

Who knows what I’ll find! Probably more rats.

I studied my surrounding, which, even with the torch I found attached to one of the walls, due to the darkness were barely visible as it was, to see if I could find anything I could use as target practice.

“Lissa, is this really necessary?” Rihanae asked me.

“Why yes, it is. For all I know being locked up for so long could have messed my concentration up to the point where every shot I fire somehow end’s up being fired at me!” I joked.

“Hmm… I understand. Please, continue your search for a target.” He sounded quite sarcastic with that reply, but I decided to ignore him. I continued to scan the area; and I saw a barrel in the distance.

Perfect!

I put the guardian stone in the pocket of my leather greaves and took my bow from my back into my hands. I slid an arrow from the quiver and lined up a shot, pulling the string delicately. I released the string from my grip and watched as the arrow fired perfectly at the middle part of the barrel, which was easily about 50 feet away.

Not THAT impressive but, hey, it is dark.

“Okay, now that you have assured yourself that you are not useless, should we proceed?” Rihanae asked impatiently.

“We shall.” I answered.

I continued to walk through the part of the cavern I was in until I came across a wooden door; and a dead goblin.

“Wow, that’s gross.” I said, surprised.

“Search him.” Rihanae insisted.

“Sure; then how about after that I throw my guardian stone down that mucky well, yeah?” I threatened. There was no way that I was going to touch that thing.

You managed to search that skeleton without a problem.” Rihanae reminded me.

“Yes, but he had something I needed. This charming fellow doesn’t.” I told Rihanae. But the more I resisted, the more her persisted.

Just do it.” He said, rather bluntly.

After a few seconds of thinking about how disgusting it would be, I searched him; and found a key.

Hah.” Said Rihanae, quite patronisingly as it goes.

“All right, so he has a key. And?” I said.

Try it in that door.” Rihanae instructed.

I did so; only because Rihanae’s behaviour was REALLY getting to me and, like a charm, the door unlocked.

“How did you know that the door was even locked?” I asked, impressed; but also confused.

“I have my ways.” Rihanae Joked.

I proceeded through the wooden door and ended up in, yet, another part of the cavern.

Come on Lissa, did you really think that door would have led to the exit?

I walked through the cavern, dark and dank just like the other one. I followed the cavern until I came across a downwards slope; where 3 rats were sprinting towards me.
I took an arrow from the quiver and readied a shot; noticing something peculiar as the rats ran toward me.

“They’re not running at me… they’re running away from something.”

I kept my arrow notched as the rats ran past me. I walked slowly down the slope, readying myself for an attack; when I saw the silhouette of a man in the distance.

Another escapee?” Rihanae asked. I didn’t have a clue.

“I don’t know…”

I walked cautiously toward the man, each step being trodden carefully to avoid drawing attention to myself. As I stepped closer I began to see the figure more clearly; it was defiantly a man.

“Are you okay?” I asked him, his head spinning to face me as soon as I spoke. He began to stumble towards me.

He must be injured. Help him.” Rihanae told me.

It was too dark to see who the man was. I stepped even closer as the man shuffled toward me. Eventually I could see the man as clear as day as he stood in the light reflected from the ruins s above.

A… zombie. Oh no.

The zombie began to charge at me, so I fired my arrow; barely wounding him.

“This isn’t working!” I said to Rihanae.

“He is evidently very slow. Find the right moment and run past him.”

Despite the fact that the zombie was all man-size, he seemed to take up the whole space, in my eyes anyway. I hadn’t seen a zombie before, so I was slightly nervous to say the least. As the zombie stumbled forward I thought about what Rihanae had said.

I let the zombie come up close to me; his odour puke worthy. He lunged for me. An attack at which I ducked and slipped past him; running away from him continuing down the cavern as fast as my little leg’s could carry me.

My journey led me to a wide open space. A huge circular cave, which had a large dip in the centre which housed some caged rats.

Well, this is rather peculiar…

Then I saw something, something quite nasty.

GOBLINS! Okay, now not so peculiar.

I had no idea what I was going to do from there, so I tried to sneak past them. I wanted to save my arrows, so avoiding detection seemed like the best answer. I could see the exit, which I slowly headed for. Everywhere I turned there seemed to be a goblin. There was even a goblin mage, which I’d never seen before, but was careful not to attract.

I remained in the shadows, creeping past the intellectually challenged creatures, eventually making it to the exit. As I began to head out, something brittle snapped loudly beneath my foot. I jerked my head up and round, to be met by the stares of every Goblin in the cavern. I didn't think, I spun and sprinted towards what I thought was the way out. I ducked under a stalagmite, but not low enough. It clipped my shoulder and sent me spinning. I scrambled to my feet and tried to re-orient myself. The goblins were still on my tail, so I continued to sprint for my life.

I didn't think it would end well.

Notgonnamakeitgonnadie!

I managed to lose the goblins, and I found an entrance back into the tomb. At the end of the cavern there was a large hole gouged through the wall. I jumped through the hole and into the tomb. I could hear the voice of the Emperor, and relief overcame me. I followed the voice and found the party, all still intact. They were by a gate; the Redguard was trying, yet failing, to unlock it.

“It’s no use, it won’t budge. We’ll have to find another way.” said the Redguard.

I noticed there was another room on the left hand side of the locked gate, so I spoke up.

“What about this room here?”

The party all turned to look at me. The Emperor looked pleased to see me. The soldiers did not.

“What are you doing here?” said the other soldier. He unsheathed his sword and came towards me. “Careful, she might be working with the assassins!”

“No, she’s not. This girl is innocent." the Emperor turned to face me. "Please, accompany me to this room of which you speak. We must talk.” said the Emperor. I obeyed his orders and entered the room with him, with the soldiers remaining outside, keeping guard. The Emperor began to speak again; I could feel a lecture coming on.

“Now we are free from my guards I must inform you that you are key to the survival of Cyrodiil’s people…”
He went on about oblivion, saving the world, his assassinated sons. I spaced out, to be honest.

After his speech he took his amulet off from around his neck and handed it to me. “You must take this Amulet to a man named Jauffre. He resides in the Weynon Priory just outside of Chorrol. Speak to him. Tell him that there is another heir-“

I heard fighting outside. The sound of blades clanging made me nervous, but I knew we were safe. Well, until an assassin came out of nowhere and within milliseconds he killed the Emperor before my eyes. I was shocked as I had no clue as to where he came from. Startled, I fell to the floor. The assassin began to slowly walk towards me. I froze in fear as he lifted his sword ready to plunge it into me.

“You’re going to regret helping the Emperor, Redguard.” threatened the assassin. I closed my eyes, sure of death, when I heard the assassin collapse with a crash to the floor. I opened my eyes. The Redguard soldier stood before me, offering a hand. He killed the assassin. The other soldier was nowhere to be seen.

“Are you ok?” he asked

I brushed myself off before I answered. “Yeah, I’m okay. Thanks.”

“The Emperor. I can’t believe he’s gone. I’ve failed him… did he say anything before he passed?”

“Apart from a gasp of surprise, nothing really. Not anything interesting anyway, but he did give me this amulet.”

“By the Nine! He trusted you with this?”

“I guess. I’ve got to give it to some guy called Jeffrey.”

“Jauffre.”

“Jafferey?”

“Jauffre.”

“Jauffre?”

“Yeah. He’s the head of my order, the Blades. If the Emperor said you have to go to him, then you have to.” He fumbled around in his pocket for a bit, before unveiling a key. “Here, take this. This’ll get you to the sewers, which if you follow will get you out of here.” He handed me the key, then smiled at me. “I’m guessing you’re an Archer. Am I right?”

“Nope. I’m an Archress.”

“An Archress?”

“Yes.”

“So… an Archer?”

“No, an ArchRESS.”

“Okay.” He looked slightly puzzled, but he turned serious again. “You have to go. Now. And please, Be careful.”

After trekking through dirty water in the rancid sewer I eventually made it to the exit, a single beam of light revealing daylight from the outside. The sewer wasn’t to difficult to navigate through. A few mudcrabs and goblins, but other than that it was a piece of sweetcake.

“Mmm… sweetcake.”

“Lissa!” Rihanae said.

“Sorry.” I apologized.

I opened the exit gate and ran towards my freedom.

Fresh air! Sun! FLOWERS!

I danced beautifully with glee at the beauty of my daring escape, of which the end result was to say the least, beautiful.

But before I caused my self an injury from my, frankly, brilliant moves, I stopped to think.

I’ve got to get to Jeffrey immediately… then to Anvil.
This was only the beginning of what was to come, and I knew it. Just because I was free didn’t mean I actually was free; free from Leinahtan.

I stood outside the gate for a mere moment, admiring my new surroundings. A vast acre of lake spread across the stunning the land. The tweeting of unseen birds that brought sweet music to the land. A ruin across the other side of the lake adding history to the already perfect province that was Cyrodiil; and a mudcrab clawing at me from my far left.

“I have no time for you’re antic’s Mr. mudcrab.” I told it as I walked to my right. I thought about bathing, but i just wanted to get into some real clothes as quick as I could.

“How do I get to the Imperial City from here?” I asked Rihanae.

It’s quite a challenge I assure you, are you ready for the strain and effort you will have to endure to get there?” He replied.

“Sure.” I said. I wasn’t fussed. The best clothes were in the Imperial City, so I didn’t care how long it would take to get there.

Turn around.” Rihanae told me; so I did so.

I could see it; the beautiful Whitegold tower that signified the location of the city.

“You weren’t very good at the sarcasm by the way. Most people would find you’re teasing about its location quite humorous but I do not.” I joked. At least Rihanae was Lightening up. For a change.

I began to stroll up the hill, heading for the central landmark of Cyrodiil.

How exiting! The big city!

I smiled to myself.

My journey was about to begin...

This post has been edited by Rihanae: Mar 13 2013, 04:24 PM
+Quote Post
King Coin
post May 14 2011, 05:38 PM
Post #28

Master
Group Icon

“It’s quite a challenge I assure you, are you ready for the strain and effort you will have to endure to get there?” He replied.

“Sure.” I said. I wasn’t fussed. The best clothes were in the Imperial City, so I didn’t care how long it would take to get there.

“Turn around.” Rihanae told me; so I did so.

I could see it; the beautiful Whitegold tower that signified the location of the city.

“You weren’t very good at the sarcasm by the way. Most people would find you’re teasing about its location quite humorous but I do not.” I joked. At least Rihanae was Lightening up. For a change.

My favorite part of the whole chapter! laugh.gif

I sure hope there's more sarcasm from Rihanae in the future.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 14 2011, 09:42 PM
Post #29

Ancient
Group Icon

Lissa and Rihane originally mistaking the zombie for another escaped prisoner was a good touch, as was the natural thought that he was wounded. Talk about surprises!

Once again the Jafferey/Jauffre part was great fun! laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post May 15 2011, 12:12 AM
Post #30

Paladin
Group Icon

Whew! Lissa and Rihanae made it out of the sewers!

“So… an Archer?”
“No, an ArchRESS.”
“Okay.” He looked slightly puzzled, but he turned serious again.'

Not to worry, Lissa. Poor Baurus had trouble with the concept of 'bowgirl' as well. laugh.gif

“How do I get to the Imperial City from here?” I asked Rihanae.
“It’s quite a challenge I assure you, are you ready for the strain and effort you will have to endure to get there?” He replied. '

This segment and the revelation that followed was wonderful!

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Rihanae
post May 16 2011, 01:14 PM
Post #31

Knower
Group Icon

Acadian: Thank you for the kind words smile.gif haha, it seem's Buarus doesn't know what to do when confronted with whimsical females such as Buffy and Lissa!

SubRosa: Hehe, i'm still glad that Jeffrey/Jauffre is still an entertaining segment! Tbh in my first playthrough ever i thought that the zombie was a human; so i thought that Lissa would to. I'm glad it worked smile.gif

King Coin: I'm glad you enjoyed Rihanae's moment of humour, i'm sure there will be plenty more moments like that! smile.gif

NOTE: The following chapter is versian 1.0 parts 1 & 2 of chapter 3 combined, since there wasn't an awful lot of editing i felt that needed doing. Alos, i am still open to nits, should you need to offer some smile.gif

PREVIOUSLY: Lissa traveled through the cavers and met up with the emperors party, only to be in charge of loking after the emperor again when the assassins attack. Unfortunately the emperor is killed by an assassin that appeared out of a secret passage, a passage that she is later instructed to follow to make a daring escape. Lissa now has to travel to Chorrol to deliver an amulet to a man named Jauffre that she was given to by the emperor; but not before a quick pit stop to the Imperial City.

___

7. Chapter 3 ~ The Imperial City ~ Part 1

The Imperial City was, to say the least, enormous. All I noticed whilst entering the capital was the titanic tower in the middle of the city. As I walked through he busy streets I thought to myself about what my plan of action was for that particular moment.

So I can either stay in town for the night or head to Chorrol now…

I couldn’t decide, it was too hard. I wanted to give the amulet to Jeffery so it was out of the way, but I also wanted to explore the city a bit more, maybe get a bite to eat.

I have to find somewhere to buy some decent clothes, anyway.

Seeing as I found at least fifty septims in the dungeon, I thought I may as well do a bit of retail therapy after my ordeal, but I doubted that I would find anything even remotely affordable.

“I suggest you stay in town for the night, at least. Rest up a bit. Jauffre isn’t going anywhere.” Rihanae suggested, and he was right, as always.

I thought about what I would do, where I would go. So many shops, so little time.

“I think your main priority should be getting your bow repaired. It’s in bad shape.”

“Oh hush, you!” I replied, slightly annoyed. Rihanae was getting on my nerves. “My main priority should be having a bath!”

I decided to ask around to find a source of water large enough to bathe in. I thought about the beautiful stretch of water outside the sewer exit, mentally kicking myself for not bathing while I had the chance. I saw and asked a beggar, I thought about giving her money for helping me, if I felt like it. Maybe. I barely had enough money for me.

“Um, excuse me, I’m looking for a public bathing spot. Or a shower. Do you know of any near here?”

The beggar woman looked at me and smiled.

“Yes, please, follow me… for a piece of gold.”

Without protest, I reached into the bag Baurus gave me and took out a single septim. She took it gently from my fingers and thanked me, then beckoned me to follow her.

“So what is your name, Redguard?” she asked.

“Lissa- Lissa Cristenn. I’m an archress from Anvil.”

“How wonderful. My name is Simplicia.” She told me.

“Good to meet you Simplicia. So... where are we going?”

“There is a small stream of water within the city, near the door to the palace. It’s not exactly fresh, but it should do the job.”

So using dirty water to get clean? Genius.

“Is there nowhere... um... more hygienic?” I asked the kind beggar.

She laughed at me, as if I told a really bad joke. Either that or I just have one of those faces you can't help but laugh at.

“I can honestly say, no. The only way you can have a clean bath here is to break into the palace!” we stopped walking as we reached the door she spoke of and, as she said, there was a stream by the door. It smelled.

I slowly began to walk down a ramp leading into the murky water, reluctantly removing my leather armour to ‘bathe’ in the water. Once I was pretty much naked, I put a single toe in the water.

HOLY MOLY that’s cold!

“Are you sure that there is nowhere else in the city I can bathe?”

“I’m certain.” said simplicia.

I decided to grit my teeth and bear with the water, plunging my whole body inside. I slowly began to wade in the water, but it wasn’t long until I felt something brush against my foot.

“WHAT WAS THAT!” I screamed to Simplicia.

“What was what, dear?” Simplicia wondered.

“Something brushed against my foot!” I panicked.

Simplicia looked at me and chuckled.

“Oh, don’t worry Lissa. It’s nothing to worry about. More than likely just a dead rat.” She said quite calmly.

Dead… rat?

“All clean!” I said, rushing out of the disgusting water. I walked up the ramp and put my clothes back on is ship shape fashion.

“Well, that was pleasant.” I said, putting on my boots. Simplicia smiled at me.

“Imagine bathing in there everyday, child!” Her smile quickly turned into an expectant gaze. “Is there anything else I can help you with?"

“Your repairs, Lissa! It’s important! Get her to take you to a weapon shop, or armourer!” demanded Rihanae.

“You’re boring me now.” I replied. Simplicia looked at me, confused. She must have thought I was talking to her. “No, not you. Um... I need to find a weapon shop. Could you take me to one? For this?”

I reached into my bag and pulled out another gold coin. Simplicia had a grateful look on her frail face. She took the coin from my hand.

“Thank you, Lissa. I’ll take you to ‘A Fighting Chance', it’s the best, I’ve heard.”

Simplicia began to walk and i followed, looking at each person I walked past to see if they had a ‘By the Nine what is that SMELL!” look on their face.

We didn’t have to walk far to get to ‘A Fighting Chance’, hardly worth the gold to be honest, but if it helped out Simplicia I didn’t mind.

I stood outside the shop door with Simplicia, thanked her and she wondered off, no doubt to do more begging, as beggars do. I opened the doors to the shop, and was met by a room full of weaponry. Swords, daggers, bows and other dangerous things. I walked over to the counter where an old-ish woman was writing on some paper. I coughed to hint at my presence, catching her attention. She looked at me.

I don’t believe it!

“Auntie Rohssan!” I screamed with glee in my voice.

“Lissa? what brings you here?” Rohssan replied. She walked around the counter and embraced me; it was wonderful seeing a familial face again.

“You know, got arrested, escaped from prison. The usual!”

“Wait, What?” Rohssan said, slightly confused.

“Its a long story.” I told her.

“I’ve got time.” Rohssan informed me, leading me to a seat.

“And now I’ve got to give this to some guy called Jeffrey.” I showed her the amulet.

Rohssan smiled, she seemed quite entertained by my story, strangely.

“Well, you Cristenn women certainly know how to cause trouble!”

“Don’t I know it!” I replied. I went to ask her a question before we were interrupted by the sound of the shop door opening, a black haired Bosmer stood in the doorway. She noticed we were talking and walked sheepishly towards us, holding a fur cuirass in her hands.

“Sorry, Rohssan, but I’m in a bit of a predicament..."

“Did you break your bow again, Jessie?"

“No, not this time. I’ve ripped my cuirass.”

I looked and saw, like she said, a large rip on her cuirass. It looked more like a claw mark, though.

“Oh, I see.” said Rohssan. She stood and took the cuirass from Jessie then walked over to her counter and took out a sewing kit, starting work.

Jessie came over and sat in Rohssan’s seat. She smiled at me, as if she was expecting me to initiate a conversation. She was pretty, but that wouldn’t mean we’d be friends. Suddenly Rohssan spoke.

“Jessie, this is my niece, Lissa. Lissa, this is my favourite customer, Jessie."

Great, Thanks auntie-

“Pleased to meet you!” Jessie said, rather excitedly. She held out her hand which I took, shaking it.

“Ditto.”

The silence was awkward. I prayed for Rohssan to finish up so the atmosphere would loosen up.

“So... what brings you to the city?” Jessie asked.

“Just a pit stop, really. I’m headed to Chorrol.”

“Oh. Any particular reason?”

“Yes, actually. Thank you for asking.” I said sarcastically.

I didn’t mean to be, well, mean, but I couldn’t stand small talk. Jessie was nice enough yes, but I wasn’t in the mood to chat about nothing.

Rohssan walked over, holding the cuirass, now repaired.

“Here we go Jessie.” She handed Jessie the cuirass. Jessie had a pleased look on her face and took the cuiress, standing as she did so.

“Thanks Rohssan, it’s perfect!” She turned to me. “Nice to meet you, Lissa.”

I smiled at her and she left. I was now free to continue my conversation with auntie Rohssan. I had lots of questions to ask.

About Maelona, about the latest happenings.

About mother...

“You’ll have to excuse Jessie, by the way,” Rohssan said. “She could talk for Cyrodiil!”

“It’s okay aunt Rohssan, she wasn’t bothering me.”

Much.

“So anything big happen while I was away?” I continued, changing the subject. There was so much I needed to know.

“Well, Maelona got married and-“

“Wait a minute, hold up. What? And she didn’t let me know?” I was slightly aggravated that Rohssan said this as if I already knew about it. How could I?

“Her and Gogan last year. It was a beautiful ceremony. She did say she tried to contact you via a private investigator.” She could clearly the how angry I looked as her expression turned stern. “You need to realise that you were away for a LONG time. She had no idea where you were. Wipe that look off your face. You can’t blame Maelona when she had no possible way of letting you know about it.”

Rohssan was right and, yeah, I may have been a little bit selfish being a bit annoyed by her revelation, but I put on a smile and acted as if I was ok with it. It wasn’t that Maelona didn’t let me know about it, it was more that fact that I wasn’t there on her big day. I was angrier at myself than anything.

“Lissa, this is wasting time. Forget renting a room for the night, you need to get to Jauffre NOW!” Rihanae ordered. I couldn’t exactly answer him in front or Rohssan, so I tried to excuse myself.

“Um… I need to go outside for a bit of fresh air. I feel really stuffy. Is that okay?” I asked Rohssan.
“Of course, but please come back. We have more to talk about!” She replied with a smile on her face.

I rose from my seat and headed toward the shop door, opened it and left the shop. To the right had side of the shop there was a small arch; perfect for talking to Rihanae without people thinking I’m a lunatic. Once I was under the arch I spoke to Rihanae.

“You could of at least waiting until I’d stopped talking to Rohssan. Rude much,”

“We have no time for family reunions. Not right now anyway.”

His comment made me slightly livid, but again I didn’t want to draw attention to myself by raising my voice to no-one because that’s just weird.

“I don’t understand exactly why it should be me who has to deliver it.”

“Because the emperor entrusted you with a task. A task which you should complete.”

“But WHY! How is me giving an amulet to Jeffrey going to save the world exactly?”

“No, I don’t think Jauffre is the key. But I DO think he is a link. A link to your true destiny”

“Oh, okay, my DESTINY! Right.” I replied, sarcastically of course.

Destiny shmestiny.

“So you’re really going to be this stubborn?”

“Stubborn? Stubborn? I’ll give you-“

Suddenly I heard a voice next to me. A familiar voice.

“Who’s being stubborn?

Jessie was stood next to me, a big grin on her face.

“Erm… no-one, it doesn’t matter,” I replied with a smile and asked her a question, “so you got attacked?”

My eyes pointed in the direction of her cuirass. She went all sheepish on me.

“Um, yeah. Something I tried to do went a bit wrong…” she told me.

A BIT wrong?

Her eyes suddenly turned hopeful.

“I need to ask you something.”

“Okay, shoot.” I said.

As long as it’s not a question about her hair, because I would have to be brutally honest.

“You’re heading to Chorrol, aren’t you?” she asked; a hopeful look in her eyes.

“Um…”

“Yes, you are.” Rihanae said.

“Maybe. Why?” I said.

“Well, I’m trying to get into the Arcane University and I need to get my recommendation from
Chorrol.”

“And that involves me because…” I asked.

“Because I would really like some company if I’m honest. I’ve been travelling alone and I get bored.”

Her face looked quite sad, I wanted to say yes, but I didn’t know if I was even going to Chorrol. While I was thinking, something suddenly registered in my head.

“Wait a minute, you’re a mage?” I asked Jessie.

“No, I’m a conjurer. I’m an apprentice.”

That is seriously cool.

“Can you… show me something?”

Jessie looked around, registering the people walking by.

“Here? Now?” She asked.

“Pretty pretty pretty please! PLEASE!” I begged.

“I don’t know. I’m not very good. What about if what I summon attacks someone? It was something I summoned that attacked me. I can’t risk it hurting someone else.”

“Life is for risks Jessie and I can easily take it down if something gets out of hand,” I informed her. “how about this; you summon something, ANYTHING, and I accompany you to Chorrol.”

Jessie thought about it. She looked around a bit more, then smiled at me.

“Okay.”

YES! This’ll be fun!

Jessie had a look of deep concentration on her face. She raised her right arm and an intense purple glow engulfed her hand. A small portal appeared in front of her and out popped a living skeleton.

Okay. Wow.

I stood in awe of what Jessie had just done. I was the least to say, impressed.

“That is incredible Jessie, seriously. You should be so proud of yourself!”

I was genuinely happy for her. It was amazing.

“Thank you, that means a lot to me. Not a lot of people think I’m very good at what I do.”

“Don’t let what people say bother you, Jess; can I call you Jess?”

“Yeah, sure!” Jessie smiled.

“Look at me! I’m a redguard archress. That’s not very common.”

“I guess! I’m a bit of an archer myself on the side. I don’t suppose you could give me some pointers?”

I smiled at her and held her shoulders.

“How about when we get to Chorrol? Is that okay?”

Jessie’s face lit up.

“Really? You’ll come? Thanks!” Her happiness was obvious, and a bit overwhelming.

“Well, I have to speak to my aunt first but how about I meet you in the inn next door in, let’s say, an hour?”

“Yeah, sure!” I was slightly confused about why Jessie was so exited about me accompanying her to Chorrol.

I must just have that effect on people.

“So what do you have to do in Chorrol?” Jessie asked me. For some reason I didn’t feel reluction to tell a complete stranger my private plans.

“I have to go to Weynon priory and deliver… something to a guy called Jeffrey.”

“OH! I know Jauffre-”

Oh, it IS Jauffre. Now I feel stupid.

“He’s friends with my dad. I know how to sweet talk him!” she said, proudly.

“Do you live in Chorrol, then?”

“No, I live in Bravil, but I used to visit Chorrol a lot since the guild there specializes in conjuration. My dad works there.”

I wasn’t in the mood for an info dump from Jessie right now, so I changed the subject. There would be plenty of time to talk on the way to Chorrol.

“So is there anything about conjuration you can teach me?”

“Are you any good with magic?”

“Basic spells, really. It’s enough to get me by.”

Jessie looked deep in thought. She did that a lot.

“Well, I can’t teach you anything personally, but I’m sure my dad can teach you something basic.”

Major awesomeness right there!

“Well then, it’s a deal. I take you to Chorrol and teach you a bit about archery and YOU get your dad to teach me something in conjuration. Deal?”

“Deal!” replied Jessie.

I’m not sure what it was but there was something about Jessie that I trusted. She was totally insecure and hardly self sufficient, the opposite of me; but despite all this I just knew, there and then, that we were going to be great friends. Even though her hair looked like she’d just been attacked by a bush. But I was willing to let that slide… for now

This post has been edited by Rihanae: Mar 13 2013, 04:25 PM
+Quote Post
King Coin
post May 16 2011, 04:15 PM
Post #32

Master
Group Icon

We're almost caught up now where the other story left off now. You've made some great improvements to the story with this little reboot. I'm really enjoying Lissa's story!

QUOTE(Rihanae @ May 16 2011, 07:14 AM) *

PREVIOUSLY: Buffy manages to escape the cavern and meets up...

How did Buffy get over here? She's supposed to be in Bravil! laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 16 2011, 04:39 PM
Post #33

Ancient
Group Icon

I thought I may as well do a bit of retail therapy
laugh.gif

Yay for Simplicia! Methinks that she was playing a little joke on Lissa. I hope so! Otherwise I'm never going to the Imperial City again! ohmy.gif

More than likely just a dead rat.”
Yikes! It sounds like Lissa needs to go to the BF or TF if she wants a good bath! laugh.gif

Destiny shmestiny.
I love seeing this again. biggrin.gif It reminds me of something Bugs Bunny or Daffy Duck would say.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: May 17 2011, 01:23 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post May 17 2011, 12:41 AM
Post #34

Paladin
Group Icon

Lovely to see dear Simplicia again. And how exciting that Rohsann is Lissa's aunt!

Looks like Lissa has a new friend -
'“Yeah, sure!” I was slightly confused about why Jessie was so exited about me accompanying her to Chorrol.
I must just have that effect on people. '
laugh.gif

Lissa continues to have a very young and appropriate (for her) voice that is fun to hear. Her interaction with Rihanae is also neat.

'Alos, i am still open to nits, should you need to offer some '
Since you are soliciting nits, let me mention that a fair number are still slipping through your editing. What I will do moving forward is simply point out the first one I come to as I read. My hope is this will assist by giving you a feel for the types of errors you are making without overly dwelling on editing details. smile.gif

' As I walked through he busy streets I thought to myself about what my plan of action was for that particular moment. '
You want 'the' of course.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Lady Syl
post May 20 2011, 03:40 AM
Post #35

Finder
Group Icon

Sorry, I got behind a little...

Just read Chapter 1.2 and...wow. What a crazy, unexpected turn of events. I am left speechless about Aliss' massacre... And so, Rihanae is Lissa's guardian spirit, eh? I like this, and also I love how Lissa finds him so...helpful! laugh.gif Don't you just wish they would tell you everything you want to know? tongue.gif

All of the chapter was excellent. I enjoyed it, and I'll try to catch up over the weekend, so I'm not leaving comments that are so out of sync with the others!

--------------------
Warning: I am totally insane. But I'll tell you a secret--all the best people are.

Memoirs of a Madwoman
+Quote Post
Rihanae
post May 24 2011, 01:38 PM
Post #36

Knower
Group Icon

Lady Syl: I'm so thrilled that you are reading the journal! Thank you for your comments on 1.2, I'm glad you enjoyed it smile.gif

Acadian: I'm very happy that you enjoy Lissa mannerism's with her speech and communication with Rihanae! Their relationship is a struggled one, but i'm sure it will get better in time smile.gif haha

SubRosa: Hehe, i'm glad you enjoy Lissa little 'Lissa-ism's' and i hope they are enjoyable to everyone else aswell smile.gif

King Coin: haha! thanks for noticing that! I'm not sure how Buffy popped in their... must just be more of a fan than i thought! tongue.gif

PREVIOUSLY: Lissa bathed, she shopped and she met a beggar, Simplicia, who led her to the direction of A Fighting Chance so Lissa could get her stuff repaired. Lissa discovers that the proprietor of said shop is her Aunt Rohssan, who tells her a lot about whats been happening whilst Lissa was away. Also, Lissa met Jessie, a Bosmer Conjurer who she managed to persuade to summon something in return for Jessie to have Lissa's companionship to Chorrol, where Jessie need's her latest Arcane University recommendation...

___

8. Chapter 3 ~ The Imperial City ~ Part 2

“AH! You’re back!” Said Rohssan as I walked through the shop door, back into her presence.

“Yeah, sorry I took so long. I saw Jessie and-“

“Say no more, that explains it. Like I said; she can talk for Cyrodiil!” Rohssan joked.

“I can’t stay long, Auntie Rohssan. I told Jessie I’d go with her to Chorrol. Poor chick was desperate for company!”

A little white lie. Rohssan’ll never find out about mine and Jessie’s deal. I do do things out of the kindness of my heart though...

Rohssan’s face suddenly turned disappointed.

“Oh, that’s okay. There was a lot I needed to talk to you about, but it can wait.”

She beckoned me over to sit with her, so I did. I sat next to her on the wooden bench, a grin spread across her face.

“I have something for you,” she said with such glee, “Wait here.”

Rohssan rose from her seat and headed toward the basement door at the far end of the shop, opened it and dissapeared.

I wonder what she has for me! Oooh…

I got up from my seat and walked over to the counter. I hoisted myself up onto it, sitting with my legs dangling off the side.

“Lissa, please get of the counter.” Rihanae nagged.

“Why?” I asked.

“Because it won’t look good on Rohssan if a customer walks in and the first thing they see will be you sitting on the counter like a child!”

“So?” I replied. I enjoyed winding him up.

“Lissa, Please.”

“Please what?”

Please get off the counter!”

He was getting agitated now. I would have gotten off eventually, I just wanted to see how far I could push him. For a dead guy he was rather bossy.

“NO! You’re not the boss of me!

Get off!”

“NO.”

“Lissa, get off the counter please.”

I turned to see Rohssan, back from the basement. Without hesitation I gently hopped
off the counter. I noticed something in Rohssan’s hand. A large warhammer.

“Cool hammer, Auntie Rohssan.” I said enthusiastically. It was pretty awesome.

“I’m glad you like it Lissa. It’s your fathers.”

My-

“My… fathers?”

“Yes. Please come and sit down. I’ll explain.”

We walked back over to the bench and sat down. She began to explain about the hammer.

“About a year after your dad died, Oleta came into the shop, dragging this hammer with her. She wanted me to sell it.”

“Even though it was dads?”

“She said she wanted to lose a painful memory.”

My eyes began to water.

Why would she try to sell something so precious? How could she?

“Anyway, I gave her my word that I would do what I could. But I decided to wait.”

“Wait for me?” I asked.

“Yes. I thought it would be better off with a Cristenn than a stranger.”

“You’re letting me have it?”

“Yes,” Rohssan smiled, “I am, it should belong to you.”

I reached for the hammer, but before I could touch it Rohssan pulled it away from my grasp.

Um, okay.

“First of all, I need to give you this.” Rohssan said, pulling a bronze ring off her finger, handing it to me. “This ring I hand enchanted with strength. Without it this hammer would be near impossible to wield. For you, especially.”

Thanks, Rohssan. Great pep talk.

I put the ring on my index finger. I felt a little bit different, but not a whole lot.

Time to test it!

I stood up from my seat and grabbed the hammer, which Rohssan and placed on the table before She took the ring off. It would have been quite funny if she took the ring off before dropping the hammer.

Ha-ha.

To my surprise the hammer felt as light as a feather.

Holy moly this ring is amazing!

“Do you like it?” Rohssan asked.

I looked thoughtfully at the hammer, noticing a small inscription on the mighty weapon.

Shatterheart. Cool name.

I raised my head to make eye contact with Rohssan.

“Yeah, I love it!”

“Promise me you will visit me soon, okay?” said Rohssan. We were stood outside her shop.

“Yeah, I promise.”

“Good. Now give your old auntie a hug!” she said, her arms outstretched.

I grabbed her for a hug, her armour hardened the blow. We stayed embraced for a little while before we let go of each other. Rohssan gave me a thoughtful nod and headed back inside her shop.

I wondered about what I was going to do now. I had to meet Jessie at some point but first, there was something else I needed to do.

I stood inside ‘Red Diamond Jewellery’, a shop just opposite Rohssan’s. I was greeted by a Nord; a rather loud Nord.

“WHAT CAN I DO FOR YOU TODAY?” he said. Actually, he belted it.

“Um, I was wondering how long it took you to fashion a piece of jewellery out of-” I pulled out my guardian stone, “This?”

“Lissa, what are you doing?!” Rihanae asked. I ignored him.

“WELL, IT DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE.” He informed me.

Hm… what would I like…?

I thought for a little while; before a minor rush of excitement took over.

I know…

“Oh my gosh, Jessie I have so much I need to tell you!”

I saw Jessie sat at the bar as I entered the ‘Merchant’s Inn’, so I ran up to her to show off everything I had gotten.

“First of all, how do you like this?!” I said, showing her my strength ring.

“Wow! That is pretty cool!” She said, exited.

“And… THIS!” I said, showing her Shatterheart.

“AMAZING! It’s so beautiful, Lissa!”

“And… this!” I said, showing her the silver bracelet I had made from my Guardian Stone, and the stone worked just as well even with it’s new look. “I had it made from my sapphire. The guy at the shop cut the sapphire into little bits and forged the pieces onto this bracelet. Pretty, no?”

“No.” Rihanae interrupted. I ignored him, again.

“That is amazing Lissa, I love it!” Jessie exclaimed. A bit over the top, but I appreciated her enthusiasm.

I turned my tone serious. Well, more serious than it was, anyway

“Now, have you done everything you needed to do here?

“Yeah, I have.” Jessie replied.

“Then shall we head to Chorrol?” I asked.

“We shall!”

“LISSA!” I heard as I spun to see Simplicia running toward me- well, staggering. Running wasn’t a strong point at her age.

“Hey Simplicia, I’m glad I caught you. Me and my friend are off to Chorrol.” I told her, patting Jessie on the back.

“Oh, well that is a shame. I was hoping you’d be in the city longer.”

“Well will be if she doesn’t stop yapping. We must go now, Lissa!”

I ignored Rihanae’s sudden rudeness.

“Yeah sorry, but I’ve got things to do. Take care of yourself.” I said, edging in for a goodbye hug.

“Don’t leave just yet, I have something for you.”

Jessie and I looked at each other.

“Ooh, what?” I asked.

Simplicia pulled out an envelope from the seam of her skirt and handed it to me. I opened it and looked at the contents. A letter; and a key.

“What does it say?” Jessie asked me.

I took the letter out and read it aloud.

“Lissa, I couldn’t help but notice that you were back in Cyrodiil. Take this key. When the time comes, you’ll know what it is for. From… a friend.”

I looked at Jessie; who took the letter from my hand.

“Who gave this to you?” I asked Simplicia.

“One of the Kajiit from the Courier. He said that the woman who gave it to him told him to give it to me to give to you.”

Woman?

"Who could it be Lissa? Maelona?" Rihanae asked; he sounded as confused as I was.

“Well why not just give it to me first instead of the crazy mind games?” I asked. Simplicia simply shook her head.”

Ahh… the plot thickens...

Jessie and I took a gentle stroll through the city as we headed towards the main exit at the Talos Plaza District. The city was absolutely gorgeous. The architecture was exquisite… and it was so CLEAN!

“How long till we get to Chorrol?” I asked Jessie.

She thought before she answered.

“Maybe about half a day?” she replied.

“This’ll be fun Jessie. A journey with just us girls! It’ll be-“

Before I had a chance to finish I was grabbed from behind. I spun around to see an old Breton man staring at me with terror in his eyes.

“Can I help you?” I asked.

“You! It’s you” you’re the person who saves the world! You must go now. Go go go go… now. Go. You have to.”

“Okay, you’re crazy.” I informed him.

“The fire surrounding you, it burn’s so bright. THE DRAGON FIRES! Help them, they must cleanse the city of Dagon…” He continued.

I vaguely recognised the random dribble the old guy was saying. It sounded an awful lot like what Aliss was saying that day.

Leinahtan.

“Are you okay, sir?” Jessie asked him.

The crazy guy turned to Jessie and looked her up and down before speaking to her.

“You’re going to do a good thing. The loss of one life to save many. A valuable asset to the party you are dearest Jessie. When the time comes, you must listen to your head. Do not resist the call of Oblivion.”

Jessie had a strange look on her face. She looked scared. I walked up toe the old guy and gently shoved him.

“Don’t you DARE talk to her like that! You could really scare someone, you know?!”

I walked closer to him: my face edging closer to his.

“I know who you are.” I told him, with a slightly threatening edge to my voice.

“Amuse me, child.” He said, smirking. His breath was nasty.

“Your Leinahtan… and I’m NOT afraid of you.” I said; gritting my teeth.

“Lissa, you need to stay calm; we don’t know what we are dealing with here.” Rihanae said. He was right.

Leinahtan laughed at me.

“You have no idea who I am child.” His laughing came to a halt. “You wouldn’t talk to me with that much disrespect if you did.”

His eyes gradually began to change to hatred, anger, rage. His expression began to boil and before I could even scream for help I was on the floor, the man on top of me tightening his grip around my throat. Jessie tried to help but the crazy guy used some sort of paralysis spell on her.

“Ge-get o-o-off. Get OFF!” I croaked. I could feel my life slowly slipping away. Even with my ring of strength

I was no match for him. I could barely hear Rihanae’s cries of desperation.

I'm gonna die...

The guards seemed to just ignore what was happening. Whoever this guy was, he has some immense power. It’s like he hypnotised the guards into ignoring the attack.

Just as everything was turning black, my life slipping away beneath the crazy guy’s fingers, I heard the release of a drawn bowstring followed by an arrow shooting inside the crazy guys head. The guy released his grip and fell on top of me. I pushed him off and staggered to my feet. Jessie stood, mobile, with her bow in her hand. The look of shock and horror was on her face. She saved my life, yet ruined her own. She killed someone. And she knew it.

The first is always the worst…

I gently walked over to her and put my arm around her.

“Come on. Let’s get to Chorrol.” I said gently to her.

We began to walk away from the scene with the guards still in a mystical trance and the crazy guy led on the floor, blood oozing from the arrow wound in his head. Jessie turned to me, tears in her eyes and shock in her face.

“What was he talking about, Lissa?” she asked.

I turned my head away from her.

Was nowhere safe from him? What am I going to do now…

This post has been edited by Rihanae: Mar 13 2013, 04:27 PM
+Quote Post
King Coin
post May 24 2011, 07:37 PM
Post #37

Master
Group Icon

It was very thoughtful of Rohssan to give the hammer to Lissa when she unexpectedly wandered into her shop. You'd think she'd be more hesitant to give Lissa something when she just up and left for over a year for parts unknown.

“WHAT CAN I DO FOR YOU TODAY?” he said. Actually, he belted it.

I loved that line.

Pretty, no?”

“No.” Rihanae interrupted

Someone didn't like being cut up and made into a bracelet lol

A mysterious envelope, interesting!

Dire prediction of Jessie's fate. I can't help but worry some.

I hope we find out more about this Leinahtan person.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 25 2011, 12:37 AM
Post #38

Ancient
Group Icon

The plot does thicken. Where did that mysterious letter and key originate from? It does not sound like her sister, as Lissa thought, why would she not just deliver it personally? I wonder if it might have been Leinahtan perhaps?

Speaking of whom, I see the mystery being reared his mysterious head again. Who or whatever he is, he sure likes using others as a mouthpiece. Good thing for Lissa that Jessie was around, else it looks like she would not have survived!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post May 25 2011, 02:17 AM
Post #39

Paladin
Group Icon

“Lissa, please get of the counter.” Rihanae nagged.
“Why?” I asked.'

This, and the rest of this delightful exchange was very fun! laugh.gif

So Leinahtan didn't get left back there in Hammerfell? Uh oh.

Off to Chorrol I'm guessing!

This post has been edited by Acadian: May 25 2011, 02:18 AM

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Rihanae
post May 26 2011, 04:27 PM
Post #40

Knower
Group Icon

Acadian: Hehe, i'm glad you enjoyed the counter exchange! Lissa is such a tease! wink.gif

SubRosa: I think that Lissa will value Jessie's frindship a whole lot more now that she saved Lissa's life! That Leinahtan just doesn't give up! haha

King Coin: It is worrying about Jessie's fortune telling. what a omnious message! And i think Rihanae detests being made into a bracelet... it's not very manly now! haha

PREVIOUSLY: After chatting with Jessie Lissa said goodbye to Rohssan, but not before receiving a ring of strength and her fathers war hammer from her. Then she went to Red Diamond Jewelry and had her Guardian Stone made into a bracelet. once she met up with Jessie they were stopped by Simplicia, who gave Lissa a mysterious letter which contained a key from a 'friend'. whilst leaving the city they were attacked by Leinahtan using the form of an old Breton man, but after killing him the pondered about what happened...

___

9. Chapter 4 ~ Journey to Chorrol ~ Part 1

Jessie and I sat in the Wawnet Inn; a pretty little inn just outside the imperial city. We sat at the bar with a drink of Surille Brothers wine in our glasses. Jessie still looked disorientated about what happened; and I couldn’t blame her. I’d told her about Aliss’s massacre on the may to the Inn; explaining about Leinahtan on the way.

She was quiet, really quiet. It was worrying; especially from someone as outspokenly annoying as Jessie.

“Are you okay?” asked the barmaid, directed at Jessie. Jessie didn’t reply.

“She’s just a bit shaken up.” I informed the barmaid; a puzzled look appearing on her face.

“Oh… it’s not the wine I hope?” she laughed. It was a bit inappropriate to joke about Jessie’s state of mind, but it was kinda funny.

“No, it’s not the wine. The wine is delicious.” I assured her.

“I’m glad you think so!” she replied, “I’m a bit of a collector you see. All the fine wines in Cyrodiil can be found here!”

I smiled at her then looked at Jessie, still concerned.

“Talk to her, Lissa.” Rihanae instructed.

“Jessie, what’s on your mind?” I asked her. I could see a tear slowly fall from her eye. I took the opportunity to give her a sympathetic hug.

It must be the whole ‘first kill’ thing. Bless…

“I-I just don’t understand what happened!” She wept.

“I don’t either Jessie, really.” I said; genuinely. This Leinahtan guy wanted something; mainly for me to turn all corpsey, I thought.

“Might I be able to help?” asked the barmaid.

We looked at her.

“How?” I asked her; a little bit confused.

“Well there is a. Imperial Legion soldier who pop’s by sometimes, maybe he can help with whatever happened?”

I smiled in thanks of her offer, but it really wasn’t necessary. This wasn’t anything to do with the guards; it was something to do with me.

“We need to figure out what we are dealing with, Lissa.” Jessie said.

“I couldn’t agree more.” Rihanae interrupted.

“Okay then Jessie. Theories?” I asked her, trying to pep up the conversation a little bit.

“Well what about his origins? This Leinahtan?” she said; her tears slowly drying.

“I have no idea. All I know is that her has the power to posses people and give them a stupid amount of power.”

Jessie thought for a little bit.

“Maybe it has something to do with your family? Your dad, Nathan?”

“Nathaniel and no, I doubt it. Leinahtan would have turned up sooner if it was.”

Jessie pondered some more.

“Well what about that vampire you killed? Maybe when you killed him he figured out a way to stay on Nirn, waiting for his revenge?”

“No, that vampire was too cocky to hide who he was. If it was him he would have told me straight away.”

“You don’t know that for sure.” Jessie told me; she was good at this theory thing.

“It’s possible but I still don’t know.”

“Well what about Rihanae?” She asked.

“What about Rihanae?” Rihanae asked.

“What about him?” I said, intrigued yet confused.

“Well maybe he is a bad guy? Or Jak! It could be Jak!” She said; she was getting way to ahead of herself at this point.

“No it’s not Rihanae OR Jak. Jak was with me when Aliss attacked and Rihanae was with me when crazy dragonfire guy attacked.”

“Well maybe they can control their victim’s using mind control? OOH maybe it’s…”

I stopped her before she could suggest anything else that was stupidly ridiculous. All these accusations sounded even far from plausible. I didn’t know who or what Leinahtan was but I was sure that I was going to find out eventually; and that I was going to kill him… or her.

“What do you think miss…” Jessie asked the barmaid.

“Nerussa and I haven’t a single clue what you girls are talking about; despite my eavesdropping.”

“Well basically some crazy guy tried killing Lissa and I killed him but turns out he was possessed by some guy called Leinahtan and now he wants Lissa dead but it turns out that a year before this woman called Aliss…”

“Are you going to pause for breath at some point?” I asked her, jokingly.

Nerussa had a look on her face like she knew something, but didn’t know what.

“How do you spell Leinahtan? I have some books out the back; I could do a bit of research?” Nerussa suggested.

“I think it’s L-E-I-N-A-H-T-A-N, but I’m not sure.” I said as she jotted down the name. She then disappeared out the back and brought out a book about the Daedric princes.

“You really think its one of these guys?” I asked her.

“I don’t know, but it’s worth a look.” She said.

At that point an Imperial Legion officer wandered into the inn; he looked worn out.

“Ale please, Nerussa.” He asked, sitting down next to Jessie. Nerussa reached under the bar and produced a bottle; giving it to the officer.

“There we go. Busy day?” She asked him.

“Quite. An old man was killed in the Talos plaza district.”

“Oh how horrible!” Nerussa gasped; Jessie and I looked at each other in a panic.

“Oh no, but it was in self defence. The guards saw the whole thing.”

“But why didn’t they do anything about it?” I asked, Jessie trying to shut me up with a look

“Don’t make anything to obvious, Lissa!” Rihanae demanded.

“They were the victims of a strong spell which left them completely immobile, yet still aware. The guards saw two young women get attacked, but it was unclear as to who the women were. The probably fled from the scene thinking they would get arrested.”

“Well would they?” I asked him; Jessie giving me yet another ‘shut up!' face.

“Of course not, they were the victims of an assault!”

A sigh of relief filled my body.

“Well that’s lucky!” Rihanae said, overjoyed.

“Now if you’ll excuse me I’m retreating to my usual seat.” Said the officer, moving out of his seat and onto another right by the main entrance; pretty pointless to be honest.

“Whew!” Said Jessie; a smile on her face. “Now, back to Leinahtan.”

She was interrupted by a look of realisation on Nerussa’s face.

“What’s wrong?” I asked her.

Nerussa looked at me; concerned.

“I’ve just realised something quite… queer.”

Me and Jessie Looked at each other.

“…Well?” I asked.

“I’m not sure if you want to know.” She said; more concern.

“Just tell us!” Jessie begged. “Please…”

Nerussa looked at me with a worried expression on her face.

“Ok, well I just remembered Jessie mention your father, Nathaniel, correct?”

“… Yes…” I said. I really wanted to know where she was going with this.

“Well the usual way Nathaniel is spelt is N-A-T-H-A-N-I-E-L.” She wrote it down on a piece of paper and handed it to me. “Look.”

She then handed me the piece of paper of which she wrote Leinahtan’s name. I examined both pieces of paper carefully; the horror consumed me. My blood ran cold.

“What? What is it?” Jessie asked.

“Look. L-E-I-N-A-H-T-A-N/N-A-T-H-A-N-I-E-L. Leinahtan is my fathers name spelled in reverse…”

“What?” Jessie said, grabbing the paper from my hand.

“Rihanae?” I said; hoping he had an answer.

“This is strange. But it could be nothing.”

“What do you mean?” I belted at him.

I saw Jessie say ‘She talks to herself all the time’ to Nerussa, who had a perturbed look on her face.

“This is more than just a coincidence, Rihanae!”

“Yes I know. All I’m thinking is that Leinahtan isn’t his real name. He devised it to weaken your spirits when you discovered its origin.”

“You think?” I asked him.

“I’m certain.” Rihanae assured me and, to be honest, I did feel assured.

“Are you okay?” Nerussa asked me.

I looked at her then stood out of my seat, grabbing Jessie.

“We really have to go. Thank you so much for your help. We’ll visit soon.” I said, rushing Jessie out of the Inn without giving Nerussa or the officer a decent goodbye. I just wanted to get out of there.

“Lissa, wait!” Jessie shouted as I began walking away from the Inn. “We need to talk about this.”

“No we don’t.” I said; I could feel the tears welling up behind my eyes.

“Lissa, yes we do, just…”

I continued to walk at a fast pace. Jessie ran up to me and grabbed my arm.

“Lissa, we will get to the bottom of this. I promise.”

I turned to look at her; my tears falling.

“W-Wha- What about if it is him?” I cried. “What if it is my Dad?”

“I don’t know, Liss.”

I bawled some more; barely able to control my emotional state. Jessie grabbed me for a hug.

“It’s okay, Lissa. We’ll solve this. I promise.” She whispered.

What’s going on?

This post has been edited by Rihanae: Mar 13 2013, 04:28 PM
+Quote Post

9 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 11:15 PM