Closed TopicStart new topic
> ~The Little Coffee Shop~
Megil Tel-Zeke
post Jun 2 2006, 01:04 AM
Post #21

Master
Group Icon

Okay my house is infested with house flies..... mad.gif

literalle 30+ of them. the dead ones I killed with bug spray are still buzzing after almost an hour after Isprayed them..... the dead are in the reange of 28. and I count at least 12 more live ones..... any ideas where houseflies in such large quantities appear in less than 24 hours, with all doors shut and locked, same for windows?

--------------------
"By keeping others at a distance you avoid a betrayal of your trust.
But while you may not be hurt that way you musnt forget that you must endure the loneliness."
Friendly Hostility Fanboi
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
1234king
post Jun 2 2006, 02:59 AM
Post #22

Knower
Group Icon

i to have the same problem in my room, it's probably because my rooms quite messy. i dont like to use bug spray, i like to do it the old fashion way and smack em with my swatter.

--------------------
Sigs are stupid!
+Quote Post
Ibis
post Jun 2 2006, 08:30 AM
Post #23

Mouth
Group Icon

Megil, sounds like you had eggs layed somewhere and they just have hatched.

King, although our house isn't messy, in Florida you get visitors through the drain pipes that are called palmetto bugs. They are like huge roaches and can fly and can grow up to 3-4 inches long. I am the main palmetto bug smasher in our house, me & my trusty flip-flop sandal.

But for smaller flying bugs may I make a suggestion? I shall introduce you to the SPIDER. Let spider spin webs in the unobtrusive corners of your house and your flying bug problem will vanish. blink.gif

--------------------
IPB Image <--- Moon Cookiies for all who join @ TESFU

+Quote Post
Wolfie
post Jun 2 2006, 12:24 PM
Post #24

Mage
Group Icon

WOOOOO!!!
Just finished my last test, i am officially free from school til September biggrin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

D�anaim smaoineamh, d� bhr� sin, t�im ann - Descartes

Only the dead have seen the end of war ~ Plato

Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed. - G.K. Chesterton

EnsamVarg
+Quote Post
Red
post Jun 2 2006, 12:51 PM
Post #25

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Ibis @ Jun 2 2006, 07:30 AM)
Megil, sounds like you had eggs layed somewhere and they just have hatched.

King, although our house isn't messy, in Florida you get visitors through the drain pipes that are called palmetto bugs. They are like huge roaches and can fly and can grow up to 3-4 inches long. I am the main palmetto bug smasher in our house, me & my trusty flip-flop sandal.

But for smaller flying bugs may I make a suggestion? I shall introduce you to the SPIDER. Let spider spin webs in the unobtrusive corners of your house and your flying bug problem will vanish.  blink.gif

Because my house is bloody ancient (200+ years), there are many ways that insects get in. Now, a few years ago, my fouse was infested with ants. We put ant poisons down, we made sure they had no food and we killed them by the hundreds, but it seemed all hope was lost. That was, until a few spiders caught on. They entered from my basement and fed solely on the ants, and withing a few weeks every ant was dead and most of the spiders left.

Now because its summer in Ontario, we have mosquitoes(sp?) all over the province and in our home. This isn't too big a problem, because the spiders, once again, caught on. Combined, me and a single spider killed thirty in one day. Now if you do get spiders in your house, do not let them lay eggs. If you have a soft spot for arachnids, try to catch the pregnant females in a jar and release it far from the house. Do not move it with your hand or just a piece of paper, because they are more prone to bite. If you lack a soft spot for arachnids, kill the egg carriers.

Hope that helps.

Edit: Congratulations Wolfie! Fly! Fly freely!

--------------------
//LEFT ARM PULLS TRIGGER, RIGHT ARM SHRUGS SHOULDER//TRANSMISSION ENDED
+Quote Post
Megil Tel-Zeke
post Jun 2 2006, 01:29 PM
Post #26

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Ibis @ Jun 2 2006, 02:30 AM)
But for smaller flying bugs may I make a suggestion? I shall introduce you to the SPIDER. Let spider spin webs in the unobtrusive corners of your house and your flying bug problem will vanish.  blink.gif

I live by woods, our house is also covred n spiders, we grew used to them, we jsut tearr down their webs when they get icky with litter, then the next day we have nice clear and clean webs rebuilt.

--------------------
"By keeping others at a distance you avoid a betrayal of your trust.
But while you may not be hurt that way you musnt forget that you must endure the loneliness."
Friendly Hostility Fanboi
+Quote Post
Khajiit Overlord Rainer
post Jun 2 2006, 04:14 PM
Post #27

Finder
Group Icon

Rainer had a real scary expereince with a spider once.

when His family was comming home from vacation, Rainer went to his room to go to sleep, when he ran into a web strand on his light fixture connecting to his desk. Rainer put it aside, and fell into sleep. '

He woke up in the middle of he night, opened his eyes, and found a big spider hanging right in front of his face. ohmy.gif

Rainer had to use a lot of willpower to keep quiet, he tried to roll off his bed, when the spider suddenly dropped, Indicating that The spider's web strand was connected on Rainer's body. Rainer almost screamed, grabbed his sandal, and pounded on the spider untill it was flat.

Rainer normally is ok with spiders, but having a spider web being made on you while you sleep was a bit too close to Rainer's personal comfort. wacko.gif

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
mplantinga
post Jun 2 2006, 06:18 PM
Post #28

Knower
Group Icon

So, I don't know if this is just urban legend, but it is said that the average person eats one or more spiders in their lifetime while sleeping. Rainer should be grateful he woke up before the spider was in Rainer's mouth.
+Quote Post
Channler
post Jun 2 2006, 07:04 PM
Post #29

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mplantinga @ Jun 2 2006, 01:18 PM)
So, I don't know if this is just urban legend, but it is said that the average person eats one or more spiders in their lifetime while sleeping. Rainer should be grateful he woke up before the spider was in Rainer's mouth.

Uh.. Why'd you have to tell me that!? I can't go to sleep tonight..

--------------------
“I'm not insensitive, I just don't care.”
-Anonymous
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Foster
post Jun 2 2006, 08:00 PM
Post #30

Finder
Group Icon

We're pratically bug-gobblers. But then again just consider how many bugs live in your bed, feeding off your skin every night. It's great.

--------------------
I hate the mice from Bagpuss. Never trust rodents with DIY skills.

"We will fix it, we will fix, we will stick it with glue, glue, glue, we will stickle it, every little bit of it, we will fix it like new, new new."

::SQUISH::
+Quote Post
mplantinga
post Jun 2 2006, 08:13 PM
Post #31

Knower
Group Icon

At least the dust-mites feed on dead skin; we don't have to worry about being eaten alive.
+Quote Post
Channler
post Jun 2 2006, 08:46 PM
Post #32

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Foster @ Jun 2 2006, 03:00 PM)
We're pratically bug-gobblers. But then again just consider how many bugs live in your bed, feeding off your skin every night. It's great.

.....Damnt, if theres anything I hate its not being able to effect what happens to me... grr...

Anyways, a testament to my greatness laugh.gif

--------------------
-Anonymous
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Red
post Jun 2 2006, 08:46 PM
Post #33

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(mplantinga @ Jun 2 2006, 05:18 PM)

That statistic isn't true. It got thrown off because of a man who ate 6 billion spiders tongue.gif. Just kidding, ofcourse.

--------------------
//LEFT ARM PULLS TRIGGER, RIGHT ARM SHRUGS SHOULDER//TRANSMISSION ENDED
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Jun 2 2006, 08:59 PM
Post #34

Forum Bard
Group Icon

QUOTE(Channler @ Jun 2 2006, 07:46 PM)
.....Damnt, if theres anything I hate its not being able to effect what happens to me... grr...

Anyways, a testament to my greatness laugh.gif

OMG that is awesome... laugh.gif

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
Channler
post Jun 2 2006, 09:12 PM
Post #35

Master
Group Icon

In the address bar just type in...

http://channler.youaremighty.com/

Except replace Channler with whatever else you want. You can also put two words in by inserting a period (.) between the first entry and the next one you want.

example

http://channler.doonny.youaremighty.com/

--------------------
-Anonymous
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Lord DoomsDay
post Jun 2 2006, 09:42 PM
Post #36

Evoker

Don't have much of a flie prob here, my biggest pain is roaches.

I HATE those littel buggers, once one of them about 2 inches long climed up my leg and started to crawl up, I was swating and screaming at it like a littel girl.

Not one of my bravest moments but you would be screaming to if bugs start attacking you.

--------------------
There is nothing so magical as a good bite on the boat,
it made all other concerns, no matter how heavy or sorrowfull, disappear like smoke.
- Wizard and glass -
The Dark Tower

user posted image
+Quote Post
Ibis
post Jun 3 2006, 10:19 AM
Post #37

Mouth
Group Icon

*Ibis looks over and sees a fly floating frantically in Red's coffee ... should she say something?? Why ... what would she say to a drowning fly?? laugh.gif

--------------------
IPB Image <--- Moon Cookiies for all who join @ TESFU

+Quote Post
1234king
post Jun 3 2006, 10:03 PM
Post #38

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lord DoomsDay @ Jun 2 2006, 01:42 PM)
Don't have much of a flie prob here, my biggest pain is roaches.
I HATE those littel buggers, once one of them about 2 inches long climed up my leg and started to crawl up, I was swating and screaming at it like a littel girl.

Not one of my bravest moments but you would be screaming to if bugs start attacking you.

hey dont worry about it....... we all have had one of those days smile.gif

--------------------
Sigs are stupid!
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Jun 3 2006, 10:06 PM
Post #39

Councilor
Group Icon

*wonders why he can't read Ibis' writing* laugh.gif tongue.gif

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
+Quote Post
Lord DoomsDay
post Jun 3 2006, 11:37 PM
Post #40

Evoker

Thanks for the support King, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that has the girly screaming and flaunting fits when ever a bug jumps on one's self. biggrin.gif

*DoomsDay see's yet a nother roach and promtly rips out a shotgun, shovel and puts on his war hat* laugh.gif

--------------------
There is nothing so magical as a good bite on the boat,
it made all other concerns, no matter how heavy or sorrowfull, disappear like smoke.
- Wizard and glass -
The Dark Tower

user posted image
+Quote Post

11 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:43 AM