2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Stupid politicians...
Dantrag
post May 2 2005, 12:52 AM
Post #1

Councilor
Group Icon

In my state, they are planning on banning most exotic pets. The general assembly (state's equivalent of Congress) has a bill running (it is not yet approved) to ban snakes that have the potential to grow over 8' long. And if you already own one, then you have to get a permit. In order to get the permit, you have to ahve a microchip installed on your pet, (at owner's expense.) have to have it neutered/spayed (at owner's expense,) and ahve to have a written "plan of action" if it somehow escapes.

Being an owner of a ball python and a burmese python, this pisses me off.

It seems a little ridiculous. It would make pet shops and breeders lose money considering it would be illegal to breed the animals. Not to mention the headaches of getting a permit. A breeder would have to apply for over 1,000 permits to cover all of his "potentially dangerous" animals.

The bill also bans monkeys. MONKEYS! You also can't have a bear. Makes sense, except for the fact that it clearly states, any bear but a black bear...why a black bear? I don't understand. If the bill passes I'll probably go into hiding with my snake buddies. If you are really interested in seeing how dumb politicians are, read the actual bill...

http://www.ncleg.net/Sessions/2005/Bills/S...ML/S1032v1.html

Just needed to vent. Don't really care if you read it. I had to let it out.

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Soulseeker3.0
post May 2 2005, 01:05 AM
Post #2

Master
Group Icon

hmmmm.... uh hu.... i see.... yes that is bull shat and a monkey!?!? now I know monkeys are awsome and I personally would love to have one but I dout I will But Banning them is rediculus. the worst they can do is throw turds at you...... (yes lots of typo's)

I feel sorry for you and your state, but one question, how many people do you know that own a bear??? I mean they aren't exactially the kind of animal that you take on walks.

I got to go sweep something be back to rant later... and p.s. what state is it??? and wow! that was fun.

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

This was pretty unusual, because most children at his age wanted to become great warriors, known all through time as saviors of, well, anything - Toroabok
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post May 2 2005, 01:08 AM
Post #3

Councilor
Group Icon

North Carolina.

And I just thought it was ridiculous to be bale to own a black bear, but not any other kind. What makes a black bear less "potentially dangerous" ?

And maybe one person per three years dies from their pet snake, and usually it's because the human is being stupid. If those odds are dangerous, make swimming in the ocean illegal...that's about how many people get killed by sharks.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Soulseeker3.0
post May 2 2005, 01:11 AM
Post #4

Master
Group Icon

yes i see I just looked over some of the things that will be illegle and a question with some of those things is, what is a person doing with a rhino or a kangaroo anyways? same with the hyenas and the elephants? I think they should let all of the Primates stay, I love mokeys and stuff.

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

This was pretty unusual, because most children at his age wanted to become great warriors, known all through time as saviors of, well, anything - Toroabok
+Quote Post
Wolfie
post May 2 2005, 02:25 AM
Post #5

Mage
Group Icon

Statistically, i believe black bears are involved in more encounters with humans that result in injury or death than any other type of bear. I'm not sure though

--------------------
IPB Image

D�anaim smaoineamh, d� bhr� sin, t�im ann - Descartes

Only the dead have seen the end of war ~ Plato

Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed. - G.K. Chesterton

EnsamVarg
+Quote Post
DoomedOne
post May 2 2005, 02:31 AM
Post #6

Master
Group Icon

That's probably true since not only is it is potentially the alrgest bear in the US.
+Quote Post
jonajosa
post May 2 2005, 03:08 AM
Post #7

Unregistered

I have a black bear that lives in my backyard.

I read this thing on the news(online) that said a guy shot a bear that was running at him. That seems like a normal story and all but listen to this. When the guy got closer to the bear he saw that it was huge!! He called the forest service and the measured it.

20 FT tall!!!! The bears head was the size of that guys upper body! It had 2 other dead hikers inside its body also from previous encounters with hikers.

Talk about big. That guy must have been freaked out.
+Quote Post
Soulseeker3.0
post May 2 2005, 03:10 AM
Post #8

Master
Group Icon

ummm just mabey.... I would have needed to clean my shorts afterwards

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

+Quote Post
Channler
post May 2 2005, 08:39 PM
Post #9

Master
Group Icon

[quote=Dantrag]North Carolina.

And I just thought it was ridiculous to be bale to own a black bear, but not any other kind. What makes a black bear less "potentially dangerous" ?

And maybe one person per three years dies from their pet snake, and usually it's because the human is being stupid. If those odds are dangerous, make swimming in the ocean illegal...that's about how many people get killed by sharks.[/quote]

How many people here are from NC? I think this makes 4 of us? Represent!

Anyways that bill is so stupid.. I swear, if I want to have a pet elephant, than I SHOULD have a pet elephant

I'm curious who started the bill? A democrat or a republican? I'm thinking it would be dem cause NC is kinda their playground..

--------------------
“I'm not insensitive, I just don't care.”
-Anonymous
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Andric
post May 2 2005, 08:51 PM
Post #10

Agent

You guys think you have it hard... Your not from Ohio.

Our state made us take a test that if we didnt pass, we would be unable to graduate. And this thing was far worse than any profitionsy test. My brain still hurts :drool:

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Channler
post May 2 2005, 08:55 PM
Post #11

Master
Group Icon

..err.. Thats the same here.. we have to take tests and if we don't pass them we don't graduate either. tongue.gif

--------------------
-Anonymous
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Andric
post May 2 2005, 08:57 PM
Post #12

Agent

[quote=Channler]..err.. Thats the same here.. we have to take tests and if we don't pass them we don't graduate either. tongue.gif[/quote]
Oh, okay.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Soulseeker3.0
post May 2 2005, 09:35 PM
Post #13

Master
Group Icon

LOL I think everyone takes that kind of test.

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

+Quote Post
Dantrag
post May 2 2005, 09:43 PM
Post #14

Councilor
Group Icon

like the computer skills test. Geez. That test was easy - i passed in eighth grade - but they keep saying that i have never taken it and keep trying to get me to take it again.

I got a perfect score, so that's why I don't want to retake it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
darkcootie
post May 3 2005, 12:37 AM
Post #15

Finder
Group Icon

[quote=Soulseeker3.0]LOL I think everyone takes that kind of test.[/quote]thank you no child left behind.

so who all is from north carolina. i am, channler is, and so is dantrag. any one else?
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post May 3 2005, 01:40 AM
Post #16

Councilor
Group Icon

jonajosa i believe is from NC.

No child left behind actually leaves behind the children that are super failing and super passing. It only concentrates on the mid-level students.

Laws in general must be stupid.

--------------------
+Quote Post
darkcootie
post May 3 2005, 03:25 AM
Post #17

Finder
Group Icon

i knew i forgot jona. anyway i really am starting to care less since im 2 years to getting out of school
+Quote Post
Oozae
post May 3 2005, 09:38 AM
Post #18

Knower
Group Icon

[quote=Soulseeker3.0]yes i see I just looked over some of the things that will be illegle and a question with some of those things is, what is a person doing with a rhino or a kangaroo anyways? same with the hyenas and the elephants? I think they should let all of the Primates stay, I love mokeys and stuff.[/quote]People might have Kangaroos if they want to eat them. They are quite popular.

--------------------
"Make a fire for a man and he's warm for a short time. Burn a man and he's warm for the rest of his life" Terry Pratchett
+Quote Post
Channler
post May 3 2005, 08:27 PM
Post #19

Master
Group Icon

[quote=darkcootie]i knew i forgot jona. anyway i really am starting to care less since im 2 years to getting out of school[/quote]

I think TreyDog is also from NC...

NoChild left behind thing has a good purpose. but I think that it was executed horribly.. besides NC schools are pretty bad compared to VA or PA or even SC

--------------------
-Anonymous
IPB Image
+Quote Post
minque
post May 3 2005, 08:39 PM
Post #20

Wise Woman
Group Icon

[quote=Channler][quote=darkcootie]i knew i forgot jona. anyway i really am starting to care less since im 2 years to getting out of school[/quote]

I think TreyDog is also from NC...

NoChild left behind thing has a good purpose. but I think that it was executed horribly.. besides NC schools are pretty bad compared to VA or PA or even SC[/quote]

Actually treydog is from Tennessee..... wink.gif

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:01 PM