> ~The Little Coffee Shop~
Wolfie
post May 30 2006, 04:42 PM
Post #1

Mage
Group Icon

Same story as always tongue.gif

QUOTE(minque @ Apr 30 2005, 01:22 AM)
This is meant to be a place where you can talk about anything without having to stay on topic. Feel free to ask questions, to talk about the things in your life you like to share with your fellow-members. Or just step inside for a while, have a coffe and a good chat!
You may feel free to post whatever you like as long as it is within the rules of the forum.
But if the conversation degrades to spam, you will be treated as though you are spamming anywhere else on the forum. This is a thread where you can relax and talk about personal things, but it is not to be used as an excuse to make pointless posts.
Please help to keep this alive and well and a place where we can meet and share.
Enjoy your stay here!!! wink.gif  biggrin.gif

And the rules:
QUOTE(Alexander @ May 29 2005, 11:47 AM)
We had intended the coffee shop to be a nice place where people could talk about their daily activities and such, kinda like the Lurkers Lair on the Official Forums.
It didn't quite turn out that way though, people have been taking advantage of their freedoms in here, there has been a lot of spamming and even some flaming. We will not tolerate that any longer.
So unfortunately we've had to decide to increase the rules for this thread. Of course the normal forum rules still apply, but we'll elaborate here.:
1. No spamming.
We consider double posting and posting posts with only a few words to be spam. If you do that your post will be deleter or moved, do it too often and you might receive a warning for it.
We also consider chit-chat spam. This forum has a special chat channel for chatting, you're welcome to go there, and chat with other members or with the staff as we're always there, doing it in here is not allowed.
The address to that chatroom is:
W4O chat
And for assistence to use a chat like this, I recommend looking over this thread:
http://forums.waiting4oblivion.com/viewtopic.php?t=248
Or contacting one of the Administrators.
2. No discussion of accounts or warnings.
There shall be no more discussion about members, about accounts, about how many warnings you've gotten or anything like that.
3. No trolling.
No posting of random nonsense, no posting of irrelevant things, no posting the same thing over and over just to get it noticed, no swearing or flaming.
4. No religion or politics.
No discussion about religion or politics is to be had in these threads. If you want to discuss religion or politics, please do make another thread, or if another such thread already exists, please post in it.
If you have a question about the rules of the forums, feel free to ask it to either a Global Moderator or an Administrator.
If you're unsure if something is fit to post here, it might be. Again best to ask a Global Moderator or Administrator.
If you're wondering how we think a Lair or the Coffee Shop should look like, what we do allow, then I recommend taking a look at the Lurkers Lair at the Official Forums.

Otherwise, enjoy biggrin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

D�anaim smaoineamh, d� bhr� sin, t�im ann - Descartes

Only the dead have seen the end of war ~ Plato

Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed. - G.K. Chesterton

EnsamVarg
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Khajiit Overlord Rainer
post May 30 2006, 04:47 PM
Post #2

Finder
Group Icon

*grumble* at least you have Kingdom Hearts 2  I envy you, thats an awsome game.

Yes, it is a really good game, especially if you liked the first one.

It is very suprising that Disney can help make a really good game like that.

In this one, Mickey has a more active role on the plot. (Something might even happen if Sora falls in battle in some Boss Battles.) That alone can make it more interesting.

He even seems more serious than one would expect from Mickey, which is also very interesting in itself.

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
HyPN0
post May 30 2006, 04:48 PM
Post #3

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(Soulseeker3.0 @ May 30 2006, 05:36 PM)
I be back! I just beat Oblivion last night, yes i'm slow, but that was awsome. I should be on more, taking into account that i don't have school anymore.

how were you all?

I'm good smile.gif
You didn't post for some time biggrin.gif

--------------------
''Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.''
- Albert Einstein

''One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics, is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.''
- Plato

user posted image
+Quote Post
Soulseeker3.0
post May 30 2006, 05:01 PM
Post #4

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Khajiit Overlord Rainer @ May 30 2006, 09:47 AM)

In this one, Mickey has a more active role on the plot. (Something might even happen if Sora falls in battle in some Boss Battles.) That alone can make it more interesting.

He even seems more serious than one would expect from Mickey, which is also very interesting in itself.

sounds good to me, heck i'll be goin to a video game store today, I'll see if I have enough money after I buy the other thing I want, thanks for the mini review

QUOTE(HyPN0 @ May 30 2006, 09:48 AM)
I'm good smile.gif
You didn't post for some time biggrin.gif

yeah, busy, playing Oblivion, school, discovered Final Fantasy 5... that sort of thing. I should be on more, no garentees(sp?) biggrin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

This was pretty unusual, because most children at his age wanted to become great warriors, known all through time as saviors of, well, anything - Toroabok
+Quote Post
Kiln
post May 30 2006, 05:06 PM
Post #5

Forum Bard
Group Icon

QUOTE(Soulseeker3.0 @ May 30 2006, 04:01 PM)
busy, playing Oblivion, school, discovered Final Fantasy 5... that sort of thing. I should be on more, no garentees(sp?) biggrin.gif

Welcome back seeker, nice to see you around again. Hope you can be more active over the summer. smile.gif

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
Khajiit Overlord Rainer
post May 30 2006, 05:14 PM
Post #6

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Soulseeker3.0 @ May 30 2006, 10:01 AM)
sounds good to me, heck i'll be goin to a video game store today, I'll see if I have enough money after I buy the other thing I want, thanks for the mini review

More on the Review: For storyline, the intro part. (Similar to awkening in the first game) Is way longer. It took Rainer a good 2 some hours to finish it. You also learn some interesting things in that 2 hours. smile.gif

The Storyline transfer from the forst to the second is seamless. In fact, it makes it feel like the the second game is like a continuation of the orginial story instead of an entirely new one (this will become apparent later on.) Overall, superb.

Combat is no longer entirely comprised of button mashing, There are now Drive forms, Limit Attacks, and Reaction Commands. Drive forms are aquired through the plot. (Except for two, one appears randomly throughout the game and the other one appeares randomly in a certan world.) There are hidden factors to determine what the chance of these forms appear as. One is detrimtental to combat, and the other is highly beneficial. (Although the "bad" one is the one that appears most often, and the chance of getting it increases in some critical moments, making Drive a bit of a gamble at some points.)

Limit attacks can be unleashed with certain characters. they consume all of Sora's MP when used, but a new feature called MP charge will charge the MP gauge once it is all gone, so you can use Limits more than once in Battle.

Reaction commands are commands that are used with the triangle button, and can be used to help greatly in certain battles. Adds a whole extra level of fighting with bosses.

Items can now be used on the shortcut menu, Patry members can be switched in combat without the need of the menu. (Menu still does not appear in combat though)

Overall mark: God biggrin.gif

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
Soulseeker3.0
post May 30 2006, 05:21 PM
Post #7

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kiln @ May 30 2006, 10:06 AM)
Welcome back seeker, nice to see you around again.  Hope you can be more active over the summer. smile.gif

Its good to be back and i'll try to be more active.

QUOTE(Khajiit Overlord Rainer @ May 30 2006, 10:14 AM)
<snip>

well that sounds good. now I really want to try and get it.

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

This was pretty unusual, because most children at his age wanted to become great warriors, known all through time as saviors of, well, anything - Toroabok
+Quote Post
Megil Tel-Zeke
post May 30 2006, 05:30 PM
Post #8

Master
Group Icon

welcome back seeker happy.gif

--------------------
"By keeping others at a distance you avoid a betrayal of your trust.
But while you may not be hurt that way you musnt forget that you must endure the loneliness."
Friendly Hostility Fanboi
+Quote Post
Powerslide
post May 30 2006, 06:20 PM
Post #9

Retainer

I have the most noobish question ever.

How do I use smileys?
+Quote Post
Wolfie
post May 30 2006, 06:32 PM
Post #10

Mage
Group Icon

Standard method, type them in manually, like teh regular smile.gif, or when you use the reply buttong, to the left of the window you type in there's a few smilies, below them is a show all button too smile.gif
Oh and welcome to the forums

--------------------
IPB Image

D�anaim smaoineamh, d� bhr� sin, t�im ann - Descartes

Only the dead have seen the end of war ~ Plato

Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed. - G.K. Chesterton

EnsamVarg
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post May 30 2006, 09:26 PM
Post #11

Councilor
Group Icon

Kingdom hearts never interested me. It seemed too kiddie, and almost too much merging of genres. You have the familiar disney characters mixed in with some anime fellow....

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
+Quote Post
Megil Tel-Zeke
post May 30 2006, 09:49 PM
Post #12

Master
Group Icon

you would be surprised dantrag. I thought the same thing till I played it. boy was I wrong. the gameplay is great and so is the story, though graphics can get a bit kiddy at times it fits the game.

--------------------
"By keeping others at a distance you avoid a betrayal of your trust.
But while you may not be hurt that way you musnt forget that you must endure the loneliness."
Friendly Hostility Fanboi
+Quote Post
Ibis
post May 31 2006, 08:24 AM
Post #13

Mouth
Group Icon

Ahhh delightful, the little coffee shop is open again. Ibis slurps from a huge cup of Java, slyly opens her purse & pours in the secret ingredients that turn java into cappucino .... ahhhhh, wonderful coffee served here!! biggrin.gif

Sounds like an interesting game you are discusing. Am I to understand that this is a Disney game? Now that I think of it, seems like they oughta be bigger in the gaming industry.

Oh for the record ... I did know that people could read grey printing on gray page. It was just a silly joke. Kinda like those people who do the very loud whispering. Pretending that they think no one can hear them when really they intend for everyone to strain their ears and listen to every word. tongue.gif

--------------------
IPB Image <--- Moon Cookiies for all who join @ TESFU

+Quote Post
Bofra
post May 31 2006, 08:35 AM
Post #14

Finder
Group Icon

Ahh, I see, so it's was merely my lack of humour that missunderstood the whole funny part laugh.gif.

And oh boy I need coffee today.. Slept one hour and ten minutes tonight.. I have about 2 hours of travel to get to Uni so when I arrived I realized I was one hour early... Imagine, I could have slept for a whole hour more instead I'm here in the Coffee Shop (library) struggling to stay awake..

Oh well, it was a fun night at least laugh.gif.

--------------------
FarFallen - The Game
Website | Forum
Join the forum now!

It's not the magnitude of our actions but the amount of love put into them that matters - Mother Teresa
+Quote Post
ThePerson98
post May 31 2006, 12:36 PM
Post #15

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Khajiit Overlord Rainer @ May 30 2006, 09:47 AM)

I truly never liked kingdom hearts, the storyline was just too weird. But the game engine and how it played is fun. When I played it awhile back it was fun. I dont plan to buy it, though.
Good thing is about it, is that it was made for younger kids, so they would be able to see characters they love and get the great storyline making of Square-Enix. Obviously it wasnt only young kids who liked it tongue.gif

Gyah...Ive been sleep depraved all school year, it hits summer and I get the right amount of sleep then end up staying up all night. I just now gave up (6:30 AM) at going to sleep, as I would only get 2 hours of sleep. Maybe Ill get my sleep schedule back on track since Ill of been up for more than 24 hours...

--------------------
+Quote Post
Khajiit Overlord Rainer
post May 31 2006, 04:26 PM
Post #16

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dantrag @ May 30 2006, 02:26 PM)
Kingdom hearts never interested me. It seemed too kiddie, and almost too much merging of genres. You have the familiar disney characters mixed in with some anime fellow....

That is the thing that Turns away so many people is that they cannot see past the Disney aspect. Rainer is in high school and he loves it, mainly because it is almost Nostalgic.

But KH2 matures alot over KH1. Even Mickey lost his extremely high pitched voice and now talks a bit lower. (although it is the same voice) KH2 also has less cartoony graphics, and not to mention the Orginazation is now in play, meaning more serious story plot.

All in all, overall leap in maturity. It is funny when they say KH is for elementery schoolers when Mickey looks like This

There is also the Orginization XIII

And then there is Axel

Not very Child-like at all.

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
Mazelure
post May 31 2006, 05:29 PM
Post #17

Finder
Group Icon

I played a little of kindom hearts one and two... I hated it... the darn dude with the white hair was unbeatable in the very begining... when he is sitting on that palm tree... by the way I thought that game was a joke... it made everything look so "kiddie"... and kingdom heart 2 was not much different from the original in my eyes... o well... by the way has anyone seen "Full Metal Jacket"... that is a freaking awesome movie... poor "pile" he has my sympathy... why did he have to go out like that?... o well... at least he did not kill "joker"...

--------------------
you have to crack a few eggs in order to make and omelet
+Quote Post
Foster
post May 31 2006, 06:02 PM
Post #18

Finder
Group Icon

Just got out of my first exam (on Pharmacy law and practice)... urgh. I think it went okay, but right now I'm completely drained. Most of it was pretty much alright (ie I think I knew it), though I had to do some serious blagging as regards Amiodarone interactions with Warfarin and Digoxin. Fortunately, it seems that I've somehow managed to actually get in the general region of a right answer (if in doubt, just say 'the P450 enzymes in the liver' and you've got an 80% chance of being right)...so I think it went okay. Not too bad, could have been worse.

Now I've just got another 3. Or 4. Blurgh.

--------------------
I hate the mice from Bagpuss. Never trust rodents with DIY skills.

"We will fix it, we will fix, we will stick it with glue, glue, glue, we will stickle it, every little bit of it, we will fix it like new, new new."

::SQUISH::
+Quote Post
Khajiit Overlord Rainer
post May 31 2006, 07:06 PM
Post #19

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Mazelure @ May 31 2006, 10:29 AM)
I played a little of kindom hearts one and two... I hated it... the darn dude with the white hair was unbeatable in the very begining... when he is sitting on that palm tree...

Ah, that be Riku. And yes, he is a [shedog]. closedeyes.gif

You must face him twice along the main story plot. First time is okay. Second time gave Rainer more trouble than it was worth. Took him 6 attempts. mad.gif

And the graphics did give everything a cartoony look, so you are right in that respect.

This post has been edited by Khajiit Overlord Rainer: May 31 2006, 07:07 PM

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
Kayla
post May 31 2006, 10:44 PM
Post #20

Agent

I played the first Kingdom Hearts for a little while. It didn't really interest me too much. I thought it was very kiddie-like, and I didn't much care for the disney characters, or the concept of the "heartless" enemies.

Call me old fashioned, but, I like to shoot things.

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post

11 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:09 AM