Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fallout: London
treydog
post Jul 25 2024, 07:50 PM
Post #1

Master
Group Icon

Is anyone planning on giving this DLC to FO 4 a go? Looks like it was created by modders and game designers rather independent of the main franchise. GOG is offering it; not sure if the "downgrade FO 4 before installing" is necessary, as GOG is pretty good about engineering games to work "out of the box."

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 25 2024, 08:10 PM
Post #2

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(treydog @ Jul 25 2024, 01:50 PM) *

Is anyone planning on giving this DLC to FO 4 a go? Looks like it was created by modders and game designers rather independent of the main franchise. GOG is offering it; not sure if the "downgrade FO 4 before installing" is necessary, as GOG is pretty good about engineering games to work "out of the box."

I think it looks quite interesting. Not sure if I’ll be checking it out anytime soon though.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Jul 25 2024, 08:11 PM

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 25 2024, 09:42 PM
Post #3

Ancient
Group Icon

You guys beat me to it. Gog has it for free, so I added it to my library. I have not tried downloading it yet, as it is quite large.

I also noted that it rolls back your game version of Fallout 4 to an earlier version. If you have the Gog version that is easy, the London installer will do it for you automatically. If you have the Steam version that looks like quite a lot of acrobatics. The deets on how to do it are here. If you have the Epic version, it is just impossible to play F London.

That bothers me, because does this mean we also have to find older versions of F4SE? And older versions of every mod that requires F4SE?

I currently have the Steam version of FO4 installed. But I did buy the Gog version last year. I just never got around to installing it. So maybe sometime in the future when I have a lot of time I will archive my Steam version, install the Gog version, and then try Fallout London on top of that.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 25 2024, 09:52 PM
Post #4

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jul 25 2024, 03:42 PM) *

You guys beat me to it. Gog has it for free, so I added it to my library. I have not tried downloading it yet, as it is quite large.

I also noted that it rolls back your game version of Fallout 4 to an earlier version. If you have the Gog version that is easy, the London installer will do it for you automatically. If you have the Steam version that looks like quite a lot of acrobatics. The deets on how to do it are here. If you have the Epic version, it is just impossible to play F London.

That bothers me, because does this mean we also have to find older versions of F4SE? And older versions of every mod that requires F4SE?

I currently have the Steam version of FO4 installed. But I did buy the Gog version last year. I just never got around to installing it. So maybe sometime in the future when I have a lot of time I will archive my Steam version, install the Gog version, and then try Fallout London on top of that.

This is one reason why I’m not super concerned about trying it. The way BGS constantly breaks the mods with updates makes it really difficult to work with unless you start from scratch.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Jul 25 2024, 09:52 PM

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jul 26 2024, 08:34 AM
Post #5

Spam Meister
Group Icon

DLC? I thought this was gonna be the next game? huh.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 26 2024, 02:20 PM
Post #6

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Jul 26 2024, 02:34 AM) *

DLC? I thought this was gonna be the next game? huh.gif

It’s a mod for Fallout4.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st September 2024 - 09:01 AM