5 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The card killer
Lopov
post Aug 4 2017, 05:13 PM
Post #1

Master
Group Icon

Inspired by TheChesireKhajiit, who created a separate thread for raider Victoria, I decided to post my latest tale in a separate thread as well. There'll be one story per week and if all goes according to plans, I should post them every Friday. Matching screenshots will be posted after each text, most of them but not all will be taken through the eyes of the main proantagonist.. Some stories will be long, some short, and sometimes you may recognize references of your own characters.

The stories ahead are dark though I'll try to make them humorous at times but most of all I hope you'll like them.

Enjoy. smile.gif

_______

I

For the past two hours Lina has been spying on the pretty young guy sitting alone by the burning barrel – not because she’d be after him but because she wanted to be sure that he wasn’t some weirdo. She might have been a rookie in the bounty hunting profession, but she was very good at sneaking and thanks to her PipBoy who showed the [HIDDEN] icon on the top of the screen at all times, she knew that the young guy didn’t spot her.

Not seeing anything that’d make her suspicious, Lina joined him, and the stranger who introduced himself as Clive, gladly offered her some cram and a bottle of Nuka-Cola. Nobody could resist Nuka-Cola except undead and since Lina was very much alive, she gladly accepted the drink. It turned out that Clive wasn’t just pretty, he was also funny – so the more the Sun was setting, the better feeling Lina had about the coming night.

After Clive told her a little bit about himself, Lina revealed him that for the past few months she’s been on the track of the so called ‘card killer’. “In the wasteland it’s easy to get away with almost any crime but this guy or girl, I don’t know, but I think he’s a guy, always cuts throats of his victims, who are always women, then leaves behind a card depicting death. Like he wants to be recognized, you know? After one of my friends got killed, I decided to go after him. Or her, but I think he’s a guy. I pursued dangerous raiders before so I have some experience in tracking people down. Anyway, sometimes the trail would go cold for weeks but then rumors about a new murder and a new card would reach me, and the trail eventually led me here. The Capital Wasteland is just a few miles north of here and I’m sure I’ll catch up with him. Make him pay for his crimes. Sooner or later.”

Lina got a feeling that Clive wasn’t particularly interested in her story, either he didn’t take her bounty hunting profession seriously either he was hoping there’ll be some action between them this night. Well, Lina couldn’t blame him, after all she was also hoping for some action and it wasn’t long before Clive held her firmly in his arms.

Pleasantly tired, Lina was getting dressed as she saw Clive throwing her shotgun in the burning barrel. As he was pulling a blood-stained knife from behind his leather pants, his face didn’t seem nice anymore. Frightened Lina realized that she just had sex with the man she was after.

One slash at Lina’s neck was enough to end the aspiring career of a bounty hunter. She died not knowing that the stranger, whose name wasn’t Clive, had intentionally placed a camp in this location, waiting for her. Already down south he put a tracking device in her satchel and thanks to his own PipBoy he knew of Lina’s movement. He also knew that she liked men a lot, and hoped that she’ll stop by.

As ‘Clive’ was walking north towards the Capital Wasteland, he thought of Lina’s words, realizing she was right about many things – he was a guy, he cut throats of his victims, he preyed on women and he always left a card depicting death behind. However, she missed one vital information. Before killing his victims, ‘Clive’ had sex with them.

_______

Lina talks

Lina has some Nuka

Lina talks again

Lina on top

Lina frightened

Lina is gone

The killer's signature

Leaving

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 4 2017, 07:28 PM
Post #2

Ancient
Group Icon

Oh ho! "Clive" is a dastardly villain, that's for sure! Khajiit really likes the strict 1st person POV of the pics. It seems quite chilling to be in the head of the serial killer. Any plans on creating a foil for the killer? Like a hard boiled detective with his own personal demons maybe?

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 4 2017, 08:29 PM
Post #3

Councilor
Group Icon

[censored] Lopov.

See, it's like I was saying, I don't like "Clive" but this story is intriguing. Poor Lina.

How did you get the "on top" picture? Is that the same mod I'm using in Janet's game? And also the card? Well, don't tell us how you got the card. I kinda like the mystery there.

But yikes. Once-a-week is good...that's about what I can handle 'cause this story's scary!

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 4 2017, 09:17 PM
Post #4

Ancient
Group Icon

I am hoping a crow lands on Lina, pecks at her a few times, and then she rises from the dead to wreak a terrible vengeance!

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Aug 4 2017, 09:18 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 5 2017, 07:36 PM
Post #5

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 4 2017, 03:17 PM) *

I am hoping a crow lands on Lina, pecks at her a few times, and then she rises from the dead to wreak a terrible vengeance!

If it was Fallout4, she could even have the face paint!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 5 2017, 09:04 PM
Post #6

Paladin
Group Icon

Yikes! Makes me want to hire Rattler to take out 'Clive'!

I like your style of putting any screenshots together at the bottom instead of imbedding them up in the text. Pros and cons to each style but I find keeping them together at the bottom avoids breaking up and distracting from the reading.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 5 2017, 10:18 PM
Post #7

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Aug 5 2017, 03:04 PM) *

I like your style of putting any screenshots together at the bottom instead of imbedding them up in the text. Pros and cons to each style but I find keeping them together at the bottom avoids breaking up and distracting from the reading.

Yeah the biggest thing this one hates about the way Khajiit does it (and this may be unique to phones) is that when you click on the link for the pic, it brings up the pic on Imgur's site but won't let you return to where you were in the post; you have to go back through the forums and back into the thread.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Lopov
post Aug 11 2017, 12:42 PM
Post #8

Master
Group Icon

Thanks for your comments!

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Aug 4 2017, 08:28 PM) *
Khajiit really likes the strict 1st person POV of the pics. It seems quite chilling to be in the head of the serial killer. Any plans on creating a foil for the killer? Like a hard boiled detective with his own personal demons maybe?
Most screenshots will be taken through the eyes of the killer though after he commits a crime, some will be taken from other perspectives.

So far I don't have plans of a detective that'd chase him.

QUOTE(Renee @ Aug 4 2017, 09:29 PM) *
How did you get the "on top" picture? Is that the same mod I'm using in Janet's game? And also the card? Well, don't tell us how you got the card. I kinda like the mystery there.
I guess it must be the same mod, the one which allows for a few sexual positions to be shown in the game. While I normally don't use this mod, it adds a certain something to this particular story.

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 4 2017, 10:17 PM) *
Fortunately for the killer, undead don't walk the Capital Wasteland except Persephone.

QUOTE(Acadian @ Aug 5 2017, 10:04 PM) *

It'd be interesting to see the duel between Rattler and 'Clive' for sure but (un)fortunately the first one is already dead.

_______

II

Edgar Wellington the Second was such a loser, at least in the eyes of his wife Millicent, who insisted on being called Lady Wellington or Madam Wellington. Nobody in the Tenpenny Tower could tolerate Millicent and her own husband cheated on her as much as possible when she wasn’t around - which was rarely.

That’s why lady Millicent liked Chris so much. He was pretty, nice, held doors for her as she passed, and promptly addressed her as Lady Wellington. Even more, he dealt with pesky ghouls that were threatening to invade the Tenpenny Tower.

It wasn’t difficult for Chris to seduce lady Wellington, lead her to one of bedrooms in the tower, and at least for the following half an hour make her feel great again. But instead of caressing that should follow their love-making, Lady Wellington’s throat was brutally cut. She managed to get out one desperate cry for help but nobody heard her highness and in the next seconds she was lying dead naked.

The young man whose name wasn't Chris, placed the card depicting death next to her body, casually went to the upper floors to pick up his belongings from the room of Susan Lancaster who gladly hosted him for merely one hundred caps, then left the Tenpenny Tower.

As Millicent’s body was discovered a few hours later, Tenpenny residents were shocked but nobody felt particularly sad, especially not her late husband Edgar Wellington the Second, who finally felt free of his bonds again.

_______

Tenpenny Tower

Meeting Susan

"All and more is yours...for merely 100 caps."

Meeting Millicent

Charming

Stalking the Wellington couple

Millicent seduced

Millicent dead

Farewell

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 11 2017, 03:15 PM
Post #9

Councilor
Group Icon

Yes, Edgar Wellington won't have to argue endlessly with his wife ever again because of Chris. I mean Clive. I mean...

That part when Chris's name first gets mentioned give me chills. indifferent.gif

Edit; Cripes that picture of Lancaster on the floor! ohmy.gif Sheesus. And look at those funny dialog options. My gosh.

QUOTE(Acadian @ Aug 5 2017, 04:04 PM) *

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! panic.gif No more Rattler!

This post has been edited by Renee: Aug 12 2017, 12:31 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 11 2017, 04:52 PM
Post #10

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Aug 11 2017, 06:42 AM) *
*snip*

Card Killer strikes again!! Man your pics outside and in Tenpenny Tower really set the right mood for this story! Khajiit really likes the one of Millicent dead (yes morbid, this one knows, but it was artistic!). Ooh! Khajiit just had an idea! You could do a Card Killer tie in with PPB's story!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 11 2017, 08:58 PM
Post #11

Paladin
Group Icon

Another chilling murder! How do we get Officer PP to investigate and put a stop to this fiendish Card Killer? ohmy.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 11 2017, 09:21 PM
Post #12

Ancient
Group Icon

Officer Barlow needs to get over to Tenpenny Tower to investigate the case! But I don't think they would let a ghoul detective in! ohmy.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 12 2017, 12:32 PM
Post #13

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 11 2017, 04:21 PM) *

Officer Barlow needs to get over to Tenpenny Tower to investigate the case! But I don't think they would let a ghoul detective in! ohmy.gif

Wow, good point.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 12 2017, 04:06 PM
Post #14

Ancient
Group Icon

Khajiit has no doubt that the Card Killer will strike in less... exclusive places that he would be able to investigate in!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Lopov
post Aug 18 2017, 02:42 PM
Post #15

Master
Group Icon

@Renee - all dialogue options when talking to Millicent, are vanilla and they couldn't be more appropriate for the charming killer.

@TheCheshireKhajiit - the idea sounds great but so far no mixing of my characters is in plan.

@Acadian - hardly because PP lives in a different dimension of the Capital Wasteland. wink.gif

@SubRosa - wow, another vote for PP to come and make order. And as you say, there's no way they'd let a ghouliified police officer inside. He'd probably have to return with a search warrant. biggrin.gif

@TheCheshireKhajiit 2 - one of such places is in the story below...

_______

III

The young man could charm many women but Trisha wasn’t one of them. Nobody could charm her because Trisha wasn’t interested in men at all, actually she was repulsed by them.

Eleven months ago she moved in one of dilapidated houses surrounding the Tenpenny Tower. The area was generally peaceful to live in – occasionally ghouls from the nearby Warrington train yard would venture to her place, and sometimes a lone raider would try and kill her but thanks to her hunting rifle for long range combat and crowbar for close combat, Trisha survived just fine. She made a living by selling clutter found in nearby houses to various wastelanders, and in return she bought food, ammunition and cigarettes.

Cory disturbed her peace and ever since he talked to her for the first time, Trisha knew that the young chap was interested in sex only. She hoped that he’ll move on but obviously he didn’t understand that she won’t sleep with him under any circumstances.

“Look kid, if you want to get laid, get your ass over to the Tenpenny Tower, there are plenty of whores but leave me alone, okay?” Trisha was pissed off because Cory obviously didn’t have any intention to leave and was still regarding her with a smile which Trisha immediately recognized as fake.

But what she didn’t know was that the young man whose name wasn’t Cory, chose her as his next victim regardless of whether she’s going to like him or not. Though he indeed preferred to feel them before cutting their throats, being rejected definitely never stopped him in doing what he decided to do. Some people were addicted to whiskey, some to gambling but this young fellow was addicted to killing. It began eight years ago in one of back alleys of New Reno, the post-war sin city, where the sixteen year old orphan, who was forced to sell his body for caps, cut the throat of one of his customers. Overwhelmed by the ecstatic feelings, back alleys of New Reno soon became dangerous for women who wanted to be pleased by young boys.

As Trisha turned his back on him, she heard a strange noise behind and quickly turned around – just in time to avoid a swing from "Cory’s" bloodstained knife.

“I knew you were up to something! Now you’re dead, kid!” yelled Trisha, stepped back and grabbed her crowbar. “You’ll regret the day you were born. I’m not some hapless wastelander!”

Much to "Cory’s" surprise, Trisha was right – she avoided his swings but managed to hit him with her crowbar many times. If he wanted, he could equip his assault rifle but he never finished his victims off with a gun and Trisha was no exception.

Blood on Cory’s face encouraged Trisha and that was her mistake because she fiercely jumped towards him, pulling her right hand back for another blow but in that moment she exposed her neck a little too much and the agile stranger swung with his knife, this time hitting the spot, ending Trisha’s life.

After throwing a card next to her corpse, the card killer decided to go northwest. It rarely happened that he killed as many in as little time and he knew that sooner or later word about him will get around the Capital Wasteland – perhaps Lina’s and Trisha’s bodies won’t be discovered quickly but by now entire Tenpenny Tower knew of Millicent’s demise. He couldn’t stop what he was doing, however. He had tried many times in the past years but no matter wherever he traveled, the lust returned as soon as he saw some pretty woman. And then there were the magical cards - placing them next to his victims felt like a finishing signature on an exquisite painting, a final addition to the work of art. The addiction was getting worse, though – sometimes he could go without killings for weeks but now he rarely held back for more than a few days.

Smiling and thinking of his own future, the card killer headed for the hills.
_______

The lone scavenger

Chatting

Behind her...

The angry scavenger

She fights back

Cutty, the killer's knife

One more on the list

Another card dropped

The signature

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 18 2017, 05:06 PM
Post #16

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Aug 18 2017, 08:42 AM) *
*snip*

Khajiit is watching Bates Motel on Netflix and these stories go right along with the mood! Good job! Liked the idea of this one; that he's getting a little reckless and choosing victims that aren't ideal to satisfy his lust for murder. Keep up the good work!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 18 2017, 10:47 PM
Post #17

Paladin
Group Icon

Trisha got my hopes up for a moment there with her deft crowbar moves. But, alas, sad.gif

That final 'signature' card shot is chilling.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 21 2017, 05:53 PM
Post #18

Councilor
Group Icon

Hmm, so the CK must be a young guy, if she's calling him "kid," yet he's gotta be over 18 by now, since he was 16 in Reno. We gotta figure it would take awhile to travel from Reno to the D.C. area, and I doubt the Card Killer travels by motorcycle or vertibird, although who knows? wink.gif

The thing is, in this postwar nuclear war, none of the facilities which Barlow is familiar with are present anymore. No convenient database of fingerprints, no VICAP, no previous records stored away on computer, etc. All the Wastelanders have to alert them on a mass scale would be radio announcements. And we all know about the Enclave, who doesn't respond to current events at all. indifferent.gif That leaves GNR.

Question is: will Three Dog be the one to link any sort of news together?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Aug 25 2017, 11:56 AM
Post #19

Master
Group Icon

@TheChesireKhajiit - thanks! Not every victim is perfect for the card killer but even something is better than nothing. evillol.gif

@Acadian - Trisha surprised even 'me'. She's a mod-added traveling NPC which are way more tough than default NPCs because they are usually higher-leveled than the PC.

@Renee - you've become quite a detective. wink.gif It's possible to determine his exact age from the fifth paragraph. To answer your question regarding Three Dog - the DJ will indeed talk about these events but that'll happen in the eleventh story (XI).

_______

IV

He woke up, not having any idea where he is. As he tried to look around to check for surroundings, throbbing pain in the back of his head reminded him of what had happened a day ago. He slowly leaned his head back against the cold steel floor and closed his eyes.

The previous evening he stumbled upon one of numerous drainage chambers which served as some sort of pre-war shelters, there were often radios found down there, linked to nearby broadcast towers. He was careless and didn’t spot a bouquet of falling frag grenades a few steps away from him – probably a trap from even before the war and he was dumb enough to trigger it. He tried to duck (and cover, as the song says) but it was too late – the explosion slammed him against the wall and he lost consciousness.

Now it seemed that the lady luck favored him once again. He couldn’t help but smile at his fortune but even smiling brought him tremendous pain, this time from his ribs.

Probably broke one or two. His vision got blurry at times so he obviously suffered some head damage as well. Not to mention that both legs felt almost totally numb. Only his arms were fine.

If I only had some Med-X. But he didn’t so with great effort and unbearable pain he staggered to his feet. He knew that stimpaks won’t be enough to heal him, not this time, instead he needed a proper doctor. The closest one was Banfield at the Tenpenny Tower and though returning to the scene of crime so soon didn’t sound like a good idea, he had no other choice else his legs would go completely numb and who knows what’d happen inside his head.

The tower wasn’t far but nonetheless it took him four hours to limp there. Yesterday he killed some wasteland creatures on a way through the hills and was glad to discover that new ones didn’t replace them yet.

At the tower it paid off that he dealt with the ghoul situation – once the gate guard saw him limping in the tower’s courtyard, he immediately called for Doctor Banfield and together they accompanied him to the clinic.

“Some stimpaks in an intravenous infusion, a hefty dose of pain killers and you’ll be back on your legs in a few days. No walking allowed, kid, you have to lie as firm as possible. Understood, my young patient?” asked doctor Banfield as the stranger who they known as Chris was placed on the hospital bed.

“Understood, doc. Thanks for your help.”

“Good. Since you took care of those ghouls, I’m sure that mister Tenpenny would allow me to give you a large discount on my services. So that’ll be fifty caps but you can pay me at the end. No complaints, though. Now get some sleep, it’ll do you good,” smiled doctor Banfield and proceeded to prepare necessary medications.

Three days later the young man known as Chris was back on his feet again, and was just having a smoke with Susan Lancaster after they had sex in her room on the highest floor of the Tenpenny Tower. They were lying in silence and Susan wondered whether she should tell him that Millicent Wellington was found dead a few days ago…and that by coincidence, Chris disappeared on that same day. But she decided to remain silent. As long as guys paid for ‘her love’, she better not interfere in their affairs.

_______

Blurry

Pre-war shelter

Trying to stand up

Blurry again

Water

Up the ladder

To the Tenpenny Tower

Seeking help

Doctor and his patient

Lovely sight

In Susan's room

This post has been edited by Acadian: Aug 25 2017, 05:48 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 25 2017, 04:10 PM
Post #20

Councilor
Group Icon

Yes Lopov, I watch a lot of detective / crime shows. FBI Files, Forensic Files, American Justice, etc. I usually watch one of these shows after gaming to 'wind down.'

Hmm. He better not mess with Susan. nono.gif I like that she seems to realize that "Chris" was in the place when Millicent was offed. indifferent.gif Card Killer lives on unfortunately, but at least he's not Rattler. tongue.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

5 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:24 AM