Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary's, Added Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary's
syndicated
post Apr 10 2006, 03:24 AM
Post #1

Associate

I've read a lot of people saying that they tried looking for the other Dark Brotherhood sanctuarys located around Cyrodiil but they couldn't find them, well bad news - there arent any. I'm making a mod that adds 2 or 3 more sanctuary's that are similiar to the one in Cheydinhal.

For those of you who have finished the Dark Brotherhood quest line and are now the Listener, there will be Dark Brotherhood murderers in each sanctuary that will follow you around when you ask them just like the ones in Cheydinhal, and there will also be dealers who will sell poisons and other sneaky and evil things.

Im also thinking of putting a fence in each sanctuary, because when i played through the game I always had a hard time finding my Theives Guild fences, and the Dark Brotherhood are evil enough to have their own.

Please post any comments, suggestions or thoughts about this mod, or if theres already a mod like this one out tell me.

Thanks

This post has been edited by syndicated: Apr 10 2006, 03:25 AM

--------------------
www.myspace.com/just_why - be my friend!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ThePerson98
post Apr 10 2006, 03:58 AM
Post #2

Finder
Group Icon

You're going to want to have quests for each one. And people have to tell you the quest. Which means voice acting. See if you can get a few people across forums or in real life to voice act.

--------------------
+Quote Post
syndicated
post Apr 10 2006, 04:10 AM
Post #3

Associate

I never really considered putting in quests or anything like that, but thats a great idea. I'm not to sure how to add voices into TES or how to set quests, but it shouldnt be that hard, i've added dialogue and quests into Morrowind so im assuming that its pretty much the same.

Also now i need quest suggestions like ThePerson said, so everyone post your ideas for new Dark Brotherhood quests!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Unmourned
post Apr 10 2006, 09:05 AM
Post #4

Retainer

I still haven't gotten the game, so i don't know what improvements should be made.

You could give all quests through scrolls or other readable material. It's a bit more clandestine, anyway.

I like the possibility of adding caltrops it they're not already in, which would be great for prepairing a house before a kill or making escapes. They would be available at the sanctuaries, and you could poison them. Also have sound traps so you know when the enemy's coming after you.

The DB could also have a bounty service.

--------------------
[FONT=Times][I][COLOR=orange] Nil Mortify sine Lucre
+Quote Post
Froz
post Apr 10 2006, 11:18 AM
Post #5

Associate

A new assasin suit shuld be cool.
+Quote Post
ThePerson98
post Apr 10 2006, 09:06 PM
Post #6

Finder
Group Icon

Maybe have different types of dark brotherhood, all the same thing, but different in its own way.
Such as in the US, people who live in New York City are much different from people who live in the country. The two would get along fine, but probably have many disagreements. Maybe even a war or two, like a civil war just between the dark brotherhood though

--------------------
+Quote Post
Unmourned
post Apr 10 2006, 10:06 PM
Post #7

Retainer

Or maybe like different branches of the Special Forces?
One sanctuary could be more paranoid and mistrusting of members, another could be magic based, and another could handle internal affairs like tracking down freelancers. They wouldn't have to share information, so it might be easier to tie together that way.

--------------------
+Quote Post
HyPN0
post Apr 10 2006, 11:24 PM
Post #8

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(ThePerson98 @ Apr 10 2006, 10:06 PM)
Maybe have different types of dark brotherhood, all the same thing, but different in its own way.
Such as in the US, people who live in New York City are much different from people who live in the country. The two would get along fine, but probably have many disagreements. Maybe even a war or two, like a civil war just between the dark brotherhood though

QUOTE(Unmourned @ Apr 10 2006, 11:06 PM)
Or maybe like different branches of the Special Forces?
One sanctuary could be more paranoid and mistrusting of members, another could be magic based, and another could handle internal affairs like tracking down freelancers. They wouldn't have to share information, so it might be easier to tie together that way.

People,Night Mother would NEVER let that happen.She let the betrayal in the game go because she wanted to see you progress.
Assasins against Assasins? No,simply no.That breaks The Five Tenets,and it makes no sence...Why would they have war with each other?They all serve Sithis and Night Mother......

My suggestion for your mod would be a poison shop.Assasins need poison,and unless they have some skill in alchemy,they can't purchase it anywhere.Dark Brotherhood should have poisons to offer to their members.....After all they are that kind of organisation smile.gif

This post has been edited by HyPN0: Apr 10 2006, 11:24 PM

--------------------
''Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.''
- Albert Einstein

''One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics, is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.''
- Plato

user posted image
+Quote Post
syndicated
post Apr 11 2006, 03:28 AM
Post #9

Associate

Thanks for the input

I've put in a new Sanctuary in Anvil thats slightly smaller than the one in Cheydinhal, and pretty similiar in terms of looks. Everythings done in term of clutter and furniture but i havent put any NPC's in yet. Basically im thinking of putting a poison dealer and a few murderers that will follow you around when you ask them.

For quests, im going to have a quest line that follows pretty much this story:
The Anvil sanctuary is understaffed and doesnt have enough members to complete the contracts that their getting so they ask you to step in and help them. There'll be about 10 new contracts - so i still need some input for some new funky missions that i can put in.

It should be done pretty soon, i'de say maybe a week or two, its not really a very big mod. I guess it all depends on how much effort im willing to put in tongue.gif

kewlies

--------------------
+Quote Post
Duncan Frost
post Apr 12 2006, 01:50 PM
Post #10

Agent

What about adding the Morag Tong? Although this may be considered stupid, what with the fact that they only exist in morrowind (as far as i know)

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
Xeresardiamonaex
post Apr 15 2006, 02:46 PM
Post #11

Unregistered

I dont know if this could ever be implemented in the game... but there is one thing that I realy enjoyed in a somewhat similar game, some of you might have played it a while ago, I'm talking about Thief III... There was a certain oil that you could use on almost any floor, that made bipeds slip and fall biggrin.gif that would be nice.. also as I recall the oil was flammable so you could set up some awesome traps evillol.sml.gif (Trip and burn anyone?)
This would however requires some ingenuity and an extension to avaialble animations... maybe I should post this on a Bethesda forum
+Quote Post
Unmourned
post Apr 23 2006, 06:38 AM
Post #12

Retainer

I like the idea of sniping-specific missions. Possibly a parade through Talos.

Possibly a campaign to free arrested dark ritual performers?

Scouting one of the Daedric shrines to relocate to a safer base.

Also, hunting down the betrayer.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Unmourned
post Apr 23 2006, 06:40 AM
Post #13

Retainer

There could also be a mission to recruit a Morag Tong informant.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Gothmog{RA}
post Apr 23 2006, 02:03 PM
Post #14

Retainer

Awesome, also can you give the listener a bit more of a role in the rebuilding of the Dark Brotherhood, for instance deciding who's in and who's out, or actually going on some of the missions that the Night Mother asks. I am annoyed that once you've become the listener your branded the little errand boy of the Night Mother, I ws hoping for more challenging and damgerous quests, like killing a member of the elder council unseen or some other impossible task...

--------------------
+Quote Post
Gothmog{RA}
post Apr 23 2006, 02:08 PM
Post #15

Retainer

QUOTE(Xeresardiamonaex @ Apr 15 2006, 01:46 PM)
I dont know if this could ever be implemented in the game... but there is one thing that I realy enjoyed in a somewhat similar game, some of you might have played it a while ago, I'm talking about Thief III... There was a certain oil that you could use on almost any floor,  that made bipeds slip and fall  biggrin.gif that would be nice.. also as I recall the oil was flammable so you could set up some awesome traps  evillol.sml.gif (Trip and burn anyone?)
This would however requires some ingenuity and an extension to avaialble animations... maybe I should post this on a Bethesda forum

Well the animation for a fall would only be the current animation for falling over, like when you are struck by an arrow. It would be hard to make the oil actually flammable, because nothing like that actually exists at the moment.

--------------------
+Quote Post
MasterSaji
post Apr 23 2006, 04:49 PM
Post #16

Evoker

mmmm...

Saji would like to see another crisis, maybe there is chaos in the anvil santuary that you need to investigate....I dunno, but, make more sanctuarys is good for meh ^__^

--------------------
+Quote Post
BSG
post Apr 23 2006, 08:58 PM
Post #17

Retainer

Your current storyline is really weak, but I definetly like the idea. My suggestion would be to give the alternate dark brotherhoods a sort of "surprise" that you've come to speak with them, considering speakers rarely visit the dark brotherhood branches. It'd make more sense that you'd receive a letter declaring that the anvil brotherhood is lacking in members, and that you need to obtain a few off the street. Put a few poor NPC players in anvil and ask one to kill the other. Give them YOUR blade.

Recruiting missions would really give the dark brotherhood some worth. It's known that seekers are the only other aspect of the dark brotherhood might see. They aren't interconnected via anything but the seekers. That's why there's the entire "hand" thing.

I like the idea, though. There needs to be more to do for both the thieves guild and dark brotherhood once you beat them.
+Quote Post
Gothmog{RA}
post Apr 23 2006, 09:11 PM
Post #18

Retainer

QUOTE(BSG @ Apr 23 2006, 07:58 PM)
I like the idea, though.  There needs to be more to do for both the thieves guild and dark brotherhood once you beat them.

I completely agree, mainly because those 2 are the most stealth orientated guilds in the game, and stealth is my only strategy, it's so much smarter to sneak round your enemies then to kill them...

--------------------
+Quote Post
Virdix
post Apr 24 2006, 01:29 AM
Post #19

Retainer

Where will the sanctuary be locted in a basement, an attic, sewer?

This post has been edited by Virdix: Apr 24 2006, 01:31 AM
+Quote Post
Virdix
post Apr 24 2006, 01:30 AM
Post #20

Retainer

One thing I would like to say is that when you do the purification thing you kill some of the coolest characters. The new ones just kinda grobble at your feet. If you are to make a new sanctuary make sure the people inside arent wimps and cowards.

Another thing is see if some of new mudurers and even the old ones can actually rise in rank that is a way to solve the problem of them being nervous.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 03:00 PM