Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

26 Pages V « < 24 25 26  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Buffy the Bowgirl, Book 1, Thread 5, Do You Know the Way to Kvatch?
mALX
post Aug 4 2012, 07:36 AM
Post #501

Ancient
Group Icon

I can't say it as eloquently as it has already been said above. The eternal kinship between Acadian and Buffy will sustain her through this and future lifetimes. It is apropos that she returned to the place their love was consumated the first time, that she has some time out of the public eye to really grieve in her own way without interference and under the careful watchful eye of Acadian and Superian.

The reading of that journal entry was so Buffy, and the song beautiful and perfect for what Buffy is going through.

All that said, all I have left to say is this ... BWAAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!!!!!! Maxical and I will miss you Miss Buffy !!! Please come back soon !!!! wub.gif

AWESOME Write, all 300,000 words plus, through the years and both forums - Buffy has shared a lot of herself and her memories with us in these chapters and we love her !!!!!

This post has been edited by mALX: Aug 4 2012, 07:37 AM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Aug 8 2012, 09:56 PM
Post #502

Master
Group Icon

A fitting end to quite the wonderful journey. It is amazing to think how far our dear Buffy has come in her life. She has experienced both joy and heartbreaking tragedy. Though she feels very weak right now, there is a core of strength that keeps her going. How much of it is due to both Acadian (bless his immortal heart!) and Superian and how much of it is innate to our favorite dragonfly is not a point worth debating. What matters is that she is stronger now than she ever was.

All good things come to an end, and so, now, with great reluctance, I close this book. Wow.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Aug 9 2012, 02:03 AM
Post #503

Master
Group Icon

And so concludes this epic tale of perseverence, romance, emotion and thrills! By the way, I read your other chapter and commented. wink.gif

Two years! wacko.gif. Goodness gracious, this IS a saga! A beautiful one, too!

So, we're off to Valenwood, huh. The native land of the Bosmer. A beautiful song following a final entry in the journal. I could say so much, but regretfully, I cannot until I have went back and read the entire tales and the summary you posted in the subforum wink.gif. This truly was a beautiful ending to an epic story of love and hardships, and though it might had ended in a somewhat happy ending(Savlian is a memory), it fills the heart with hope that there will be some sort of respite for our heroic bowgirl.

My hat to you, Acadian. One of the great talented writers in these forums. For the shortime that I read the story, I was enjoying every bit of it and this is in all honesty. Beautiful conclusion to this tale, and may Buffy find the peace she needs, though by this chapter, it is obvious she indeed did.

--------------------
And yet I am, and live—like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass below—above the vaulted sky.”
+Quote Post
Zalphon
post Aug 9 2012, 05:56 AM
Post #504

Knower
Group Icon

All I can think of is: "Nothing stays gold, Ponyboy."

I'm going to miss this...

--------------------
"You have the same twenty-four hours as me; don't be mad just because you don't use yours like I do." -Tupac Shakur
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 10 2012, 01:58 PM
Post #505

Paladin
Group Icon

In our concluding episode of Book 1, Buffy had returned to Savlians meadow just across the Strid River in Valenwood. There, under the night sky, she finally came to terms with letting go of her hero. She also acknowledged that, bolstered by Acadian, Superian and her other friends and mentors, she would return to civilization someday.

My intent with Book 1 was to write what I hope was a satisfying saga that could both stand alone as well as be suggestive of follow on books. Buffy and I need a break at this point to spend more time focused on our game while continuing to savor the stories of those who have graciously and reliably supported our efforts. While not committing to more books at this point, it is certainly a possibility as we tinker with some of the details of Buffys way ahead. The overall future of her world is clear to me and she endlessly creates story much faster than her humble scribe can keep up.

I have learned so much during this journey, thanks largely to help and support from each of you. Specifically, I will employ the following lessons to any future books:
1. Reduce the length of future books dramatically, to the neighborhood of 10-50 episodes. This packages storylines into more manageable chunks that are easier to commit to. I confess to stealing this idea from SubRosas chapters concept. For example, in the future, such things as Child of Dawn, The Leyawiin Expedition or Tournament of Archers would be their own book.
2. Complete the rough draft for a book before beginning to post it. This helps tie things together and enhances the ability to consistently weave themes and adjust throughout with the end more clearly in mind.

While we are resting, playing and thinking, I will archive this final thread of Book 1 to the Acadian Sub Forum here at Chorrol. I have updated our Executive Summary thread there to reflect the end of Book 1. Also on our sub forum, I will try to share glimpses of Buffys life and our plans via her Potpourri thread.

McBadgere- Thank you! The title, I Will Remember was simply taken from Buffys last line of dialogue before her closing song. I so hope you will continue regaling us with evocative tales of the Knights of the Nine!

ghastley- Roasted crab under the stars. Heh, I guess Buffy does know how to grieve after all. Till she runs out of hair conditioner! Thanks, and warmest wishes as your fertile imagination continues to bring wonderful mods to Oblivion!

KC- Thank you. Im so glad you agreed with Buffys choice to return to the Strid River for a time. Gosh, Im so pleased you have begun to incorporate writing into your fantastic vids and screens. You do such a magnificent multimedia job of bringing Aravi, and now Kharjo, to life!

Grits- I appreciate your endorsement of Buffy not only echoing the passage from her journal, but metaphorically closing Book 1. You well know how we often lay bare the souls of our characters and hope they are well received. Your soothing words on my humble efforts have always been such a source of comfort. No wonder, given how your grace and wit allow you to bring your own characters so delightfully to life.

SubRosa- After selecting Enya to represent Buffys singing voice, I was so pleased to learn that you enjoy her music as much as I. During our saga, I have often relied on your steady and wise advice. I feel fortunate that the stories of our elves could gently intertwine on several occasions most notably during our massive Tournament of Archers. You have been a pure joy to work with and a wonderful inspiration. I so hope Teresas saga has many years remaining; there are so many mysteries in Cyrodiil for her to uncover.

mALX- You beautifully summed up what I was trying to do in our last episode thank you! You and I have both been stumbling along in this world of fan fiction like a pair of awestruck six years olds for several years now. Thank you for making this journey with me. I am so excited as Maxical is approaching her destiny!

Rider- Thank you so much! Buffy has indeed experienced an emotional roller coaster. I join you in believing in her inner strength though. Sadly, it seems there is some truth to the old adage, That which does not kill you, makes you stronger. Warmest wishes for your health to get sorted out and, as things allow, I anxiously await more of OHDH. Julians long and hard-fought adventures have finally brought her to the brink of an empire's destiny! I so hope she someday gets to gaze peacefully at the Abecean sunset from her porch at Gweden Farm.

Darkness Eternal- Thank you. I know it's hard to catch up with a long story in progress and Im deeply humbled that you find Buffy worthy of your efforts. I wish the best for you as you continue with tales of those who thrive under the moons or in the bloody sands of the Arena.

Zalphon- Thank you. Im delighted to see that you have started another tome in the Zalphon series!

All- Once again, Im humbled by the warm support, my friends, and thank each of you very much! Buffy sends: Hug_emoticon.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Aug 10 2012, 03:24 PM
Post #506

Master
Group Icon

Thanks! I appreciate it. It was a hell of a ride, Acadian. It is sad that we won't see more of Buffy's adventures for now, but we rest knowing she's out there doing her thing, and one day, just one day, she may return in a whole new tale of adventure. It was a fitting conclusion that she exiled herself to the wilderness to embrace her roots and go back to her ancenstral home. Maybe a short-story on her life in the jungles? I suppose I am asking too much.

--------------------
And yet I am, and live—like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass below—above the vaulted sky.”
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 10 2012, 05:25 PM
Post #507

Ancient
Group Icon

I have to confess, when I saw this update in my email I jumped up excitedly, thinking you had an Epilogue for us, lol. Buffy is already missed, she will always be who I think of when I hear the words "Bowgirl" or "Mythic Archer." wub.gif sad.gif !!!!

This post has been edited by mALX: Aug 10 2012, 05:25 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Aug 19 2012, 11:21 PM
Post #508

Mouth
Group Icon

Just thought i'd stop by and say hello, and to let you know that i'm busy reading through Buffy's story again. I've been gone for so long that i've decided to start from the very beginning (not that it's a bad thing though) biggrin.gif

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
Doommeister
post Aug 20 2012, 09:42 AM
Post #509

Retainer

You...you...you had Savlian die?? Noooooo not Savlian :'(

Unfortunately as soon as I read there was a daedroth in there, I knew this would happen. I feel for Buffy as she enters what is probably gonna be the worst time of her young life.

Good luck Buffy, and know that in your grief, there are friends who will support you.

...................edit..........
Ok finished reading now, and I am glad to see that you are healing, and that you are coming to terms with your loss.

Acadian, my hats off to you and I will patiently wait for a next book, if there is more.

This post has been edited by Doommeister: Aug 20 2012, 11:28 AM

--------------------
As the assassin draws near, despair!
As the assassin draws near, pray for mercy!
As the assassin draws near, beg for your life!

The hands of fate have been cruel to you my friend. I will grant you a quick and painless death.
+Quote Post
Captain Hammer
post Aug 22 2012, 05:16 AM
Post #510

Knower
Group Icon

Weeeeellllllll, how about that.

It has taken me a while to get caught up, and all I can say is "wow."

You've really taken Stephen King's advice to heart: "Kill Your Darlings."

It works. I know Savlian has to live for most of us, that we can follow the main story of Oblivion, but you've successfully handled how Buffy is not going to end up as Champion of the Order of the Dragon. Another knight of the White Stallion Black Mare just might, but that is clearly worth an entirely separate story.

And yet, no story ever truly starts, or ends, without touching another story. or hundred, along the way.

I know Buffy is done for a while. But I hope the "Buff-livion" Verse continues, with some of our favorite characters returning. Without any room for a Countess Kvatch in my story, I'm relying on you to make my dreams come true, Acadian.

--------------------
My fists are not the Hammer!
100% Tamriel Department of Awesomeness (TDA) Certified Grade-A Dragonborn. Do not use before 11/11/11. Product of Tamriel.

Awtwyr Draghoyn: The FanFic; The FanArt.
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Aug 23 2012, 02:08 AM
Post #511

Mouth
Group Icon

by Kynareth Acadian, never has a piece of literature made very emotional yet here I am, at 2AM, cradling a cup of tea and getting all misty eyed sad.gif Buffy's adventure has been an absolute rollercoaster ride and I'm genuinely grateful to have been able to be here to read it.

I hope you and Buffy have a great time resting, relaxing and just generally having some time to think. laugh.gif

I would love to see Buffy in Skyrim though, perhaps exploring the home of the dragons with her old paladin? I know Haa-Rei would love to see her there wink.gif Again, thank you, to you and your elf, for just being so darn great.

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
Heather V
post Sep 14 2012, 01:41 PM
Post #512

Retainer

This seems so exciting! Seeing as it seems there won't be an update for a while I can read from the beggining without worrying about catching up smile.gif

Can't wait to start reading!

--------------------
Heather V as in Heather 'Vee', not Heather 'the fifth'...

Love&Hugs
+Quote Post
TheBrume
post Sep 19 2012, 08:32 PM
Post #513

Evoker

I've finally caught up, but now I'm disappointed that its over sad.gif
I'm going to miss this. It was fun while it lasted.

--------------------
Au Revoir
+Quote Post
Winter Wolf
post Oct 9 2012, 09:21 AM
Post #514

Knower
Group Icon

What is this? The end of the Buffy stories. Awesome, my Aussie mate, to see that you vast work has reached a point where you are very content to take a break. I will now sit down and have a very enjoyable read!

Our lovely 'bonny lass' has taken many different forms over the past years, and she has always popped up when we never expected it. Who would have thought that she would make a name for herself in the small backwater province of Bravil? Incredible when you think about it....

Buffy is guided by her own moral compass and it (and it alone) will decide when she will make her next guest-star appearance. Will we never see her again?

To quote Acadian, 'Me thinks not!'

This post has been edited by Winter Wolf: Oct 9 2012, 09:23 AM

--------------------
Games I am playing-
Dead Island
Fallout NV/Fallout 4
+Quote Post

26 Pages V « < 24 25 26
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:32 PM