Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Boston Bewilderings, The Fallout 4 "Where are you now?" thread
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Mar 5 2017, 07:38 AM
Post #81

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 4 2017, 08:40 PM) *

There is a character topic here that you could update. Toward the bottom of the first page Renee posted a blank template to copy and paste from.
Oh boy! Khajiit can necro that thread!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Kane
post Mar 6 2017, 04:15 PM
Post #82

Master
Group Icon

I think I'm going to start a Survival Run tonight. Gotta see what it's all about!

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Mar 6 2017, 07:05 PM
Post #83

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Cain @ Mar 6 2017, 09:15 AM) *

I think I'm going to start a Survival Run tonight. Gotta see what it's all about!

Khajiit likes it a lot. It's weird that you can only save at a bed but there is a mod for that, this one hasn't gotten around to downloading it though. You take more damage so you must be very careful about picking fights, but you also deal more damage too. There is hunger, thirst, and sleep necessities, so if you don't like managing those then survival isn't for you. There are illnesses too, each with varying effects such as insomnia, parasites, and infection (infection slowly drains away your health and you can die from it without medical attention or antibiotics, which is a new med you can find). Your carry weight is very limited too, so pocketed gear is a must, and ballistic weave is a godsend when you finally get it. You may find that hauling your loot back to your safe house is an adventure in and of itself (or that it is tedious tongue.gif)! Khajiit recommends reading up on it before trying if you haven't already, as there's some things this one isn't sure about.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Kane
post Mar 6 2017, 07:35 PM
Post #84

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Mar 6 2017, 01:05 PM) *

Khajiit likes it a lot. It's weird that you can only save at a bed but there is a mod for that, this one hasn't gotten around to downloading it though. You take more damage so you must be very careful about picking fights, but you also deal more damage too. There is hunger, thirst, and sleep necessities, so if you don't like managing those then survival isn't for you. There are illnesses too, each with varying effects such as insomnia, parasites, and infection (infection slowly drains away your health and you can die from it without medical attention or antibiotics, which is a new med you can find). Your carry weight is very limited too, so pocketed gear is a must, and ballistic weave is a godsend when you finally get it. You may find that hauling your loot back to your safe house is an adventure in and of itself (or that it is tedious tongue.gif )! Khajiit recommends reading up on it before trying if you haven't already, as there's some things this one isn't sure about.

Well, I'm going to use this mod from the get go. neildarkstar tipped me onto it, and it lets you set it up more to your liking. (Definitely want the console available, especially for bug fixing.)

The hunger/thirst/sleep needs don't bother me all that much - I use Realistic Needs and Diseases in Skyrim, so that won't be anything new. I also have Ballistic Weave available at Cambridge Polymer Labs (seems more lore friendly), so that should be easier to obtain than going through the RR motions.

I'm hoping to really enjoy it!

This post has been edited by Cain: Mar 6 2017, 07:36 PM

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Mar 6 2017, 08:24 PM
Post #85

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Cain @ Mar 6 2017, 12:35 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Mar 6 2017, 01:05 PM) *

Khajiit likes it a lot. It's weird that you can only save at a bed but there is a mod for that, this one hasn't gotten around to downloading it though. You take more damage so you must be very careful about picking fights, but you also deal more damage too. There is hunger, thirst, and sleep necessities, so if you don't like managing those then survival isn't for you. There are illnesses too, each with varying effects such as insomnia, parasites, and infection (infection slowly drains away your health and you can die from it without medical attention or antibiotics, which is a new med you can find). Your carry weight is very limited too, so pocketed gear is a must, and ballistic weave is a godsend when you finally get it. You may find that hauling your loot back to your safe house is an adventure in and of itself (or that it is tedious tongue.gif )! Khajiit recommends reading up on it before trying if you haven't already, as there's some things this one isn't sure about.

Well, I'm going to use this mod from the get go. neildarkstar tipped me onto it, and it lets you set it up more to your liking. (Definitely want the console available, especially for bug fixing.)

The hunger/thirst/sleep needs don't bother me all that much - I use Realistic Needs and Diseases in Skyrim, so that won't be anything new. I also have Ballistic Weave available at Cambridge Polymer Labs (seems more lore friendly), so that should be easier to obtain than going through the RR motions.

I'm hoping to really enjoy it!

Damn! Khajiit must get that mod! He is currently only running a stand alone console enabler for survival right now but he would love to be able to tweak more options! Thanks for posting that!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Rihanae
post Mar 7 2017, 08:17 PM
Post #86

Knower
Group Icon

So I'm working on a new fanfic, which I'm currently writing so I have lots done ahead of time before posting.

It's a book written by Piper, documenting her and Matty's adventures. So it's a fic from her perspective, rather than Marty's.

I really like Piper as a character so it's been a lot of fun getting into her head, and answering some questions Bethesda didn't answer or even ask.

So yeah, I won't be posting any time soon but I'm SUPER excited to share it!
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Mar 7 2017, 09:01 PM
Post #87

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Rihanae @ Mar 7 2017, 01:17 PM) *

So I'm working on a new fanfic, which I'm currently writing so I have lots done ahead of time before posting.

It's a book written by Piper, documenting her and Matty's adventures. So it's a fic from her perspective, rather than Marty's.

I really like Piper as a character so it's been a lot of fun getting into her head, and answering some questions Bethesda didn't answer or even ask.

So yeah, I won't be posting any time soon but I'm SUPER excited to share it!

Sounds cool! No better character to play war correspondent and travel journalist!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Rihanae
post Mar 9 2017, 09:48 PM
Post #88

Knower
Group Icon

I'm glad vault tec workshop wasn't expensive to purchase as I've lost interest in it. Thought it would be fun to build a vault, but it's not.

So I'm working on my smaller settlements, mainly covenant which is Matty' s home settlement.

Also I finished the Far Harbour MQ. I'm disappointed with the conclusion if you choose the peaceful route, though. Not much happens and not much of a challenge, but oh well. I've still got a lot of the island to explore so I'm looking forward to returning there!

Marty's just finished the Cabot quest line. I enjoyed that very much.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 9 2017, 11:21 PM
Post #89

Ancient
Group Icon

The whole idea of helping build a vault after being the victim of Vault Tec's experiments strikes me as something akin to asking a concentration camp survivor to help craft a new genocide. No thanks. After all the vile and just plain evil things Vault Tec has done throughout the Fallout series, my gut reaction is to kill everyone from Vault Tec that I encounter, just like Raiders. But thankfully the Great War seems to have weeded almost everyone from Vault Tec out of the gene pool already.

So needless to say I have never done anything beyond talking to that ghoul lady in the Vault dlc. It came with the Season Pass, and that was on sale when I bought it.

Still, Loviatar might want to play Overseer for a while. She enjoys playing with her food. Of course it would end with her killing and eating everyone...

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Mar 9 2017, 11:22 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Mar 10 2017, 04:17 AM
Post #90

Ancient
Group Icon

Well couldn't you just make it like a regular settlement (just underground)? Khajiit isn't sure what all is involved with the vault dlc but this one is fairly sure you wouldn't have to be a giant dick to your dwellers.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Winter Wolf
post Mar 10 2017, 05:43 AM
Post #91

Knower
Group Icon

Vault 88 is perfect for Loviatar.

She would be like a lion in a cage. One where the handlers are on her side of the bars. lol.

I agree with what you said about the genocide. Seems very strange that Beth decided to go down the evil angle with the vault and the forced line in Nuka World. I would rather they planned the game correctly from the start- slavery, prostitution, etc added where the game needed it. And allowed us the choice to change the outcome of it.

The ham-fisted evil quest lines are only added because people pointed out that there is no evil quests/karma in the game. Which does not make sense in a post apocalyptic world. But doing it this way is even worse.

This post has been edited by Winter Wolf: Mar 10 2017, 05:45 AM

--------------------
Games I am playing-
Dead Island
Fallout NV/Fallout 4
+Quote Post
Rihanae
post Mar 10 2017, 09:39 AM
Post #92

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(Winter Wolf @ Mar 10 2017, 04:43 AM) *

She would be like a lion in a cage. One where the handlers are on her side of the bars. lol.

I agree with what you said about the genocide. Seems very strange that Beth decided to go down the evil angle with the vault and the forced line in Nuka World. I would rather they planned the game correctly from the start- slavery, prostitution, etc added where the game needed it. And allowed us the choice to change the outcome of it.

The ham-fisted evil quest lines are only added because people pointed out that there is no evil quests/karma in the game. Which does not make sense in a post apocalyptic world. But doing it this way is even worse.

Nuka world forces you to be evil? Seriously? Matty isn't an evil character so downloading this DLC is not ideal. That's disappointing:(
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 10 2017, 11:08 PM
Post #93

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Mar 9 2017, 10:17 PM) *

but this one is fairly sure you wouldn't have to be a giant dick to your dwellers.

But then it wouldn't be Vault Tec! laugh.gif

QUOTE(Winter Wolf @ Mar 9 2017, 11:43 PM) *

You are right about real evil vs. the hamfisted variety. Giving you the option of either stopping slavery or controlling it would be better. Or running drugs vs. stamping it out. Instead of these things being in the background, they ought to be the focus.

QUOTE(Rihanae @ Mar 10 2017, 03:39 AM) *

Nuka world forces you to be evil? Seriously? Matty isn't an evil character so downloading this DLC is not ideal. That's disappointing:(

I have not played it yet, but I believe Nuka World is entirely run by Raiders, and the DLC's questline is all about joining them and being a Raider yourself.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Mar 10 2017, 11:13 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Mar 10 2017, 11:24 PM
Post #94

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 10 2017, 04:08 PM) *

but this one is fairly sure you wouldn't have to be a giant dick to your dwellers.

True, but as you pointed out, Vault-Tec is basically dead. Your character is simply using Vault-Tec assets to build a different kind of settlement. Whether you choose to do experiments on your folks or not is up to you.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 10 2017, 11:39 PM
Post #95

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Mar 10 2017, 05:24 PM) *

True, but as you pointed out, Vault-Tec is basically dead. Your character is simply using Vault-Tec assets to build a different kind of settlement. Whether you choose to do experiments on your folks or not is up to you.

From what I have read about it, the DLCs questline revolves around you performing experiments on the vault dwellers. Though apparently you don't have be sadistic about it. Or you can just kill the overseer, which ends the questline, and use the vault however you like.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Mar 10 2017, 11:39 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Mar 10 2017, 11:49 PM
Post #96

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 10 2017, 04:39 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Mar 10 2017, 05:24 PM) *

From what I have read about it, the DLCs questline revolves around you performing experiments on the vault dwellers. Though apparently you don't have be sadistic about it. Or you can just kill the overseer, which ends the questline, and use the vault however you like.

Oh ok. So Khajiit was mostly correct.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 15 2017, 09:59 PM
Post #97

Ancient
Group Icon

In all my previous games my characters have always used Sanctuary Hills for their permanent home. Even after finding Diamond City and buying Home Plate. It is just too much work to cart all that junk you build up from Sanctuary Hills to Home Plate. So they never really moved in there, even though it's central location makes it ideal for exploring the map from.

So this time when I started my new play through of Hecate, I did it near Diamond City. As soon as I could I bought Home Plate to use as a permanent home for her game. I did not know the floor in Home Plate was bugged. But thankfully there is a mod to fix that.

But wow, it has been really difficult being low level in the actual city limits of Boston! I thought the enemies would be scaled like in Skyrim. Not! I was in the Fens Sewer at 2nd Level, and had to take on a Glowing One! It took all 20 shots in Hecate's Mk14 to bring it down. The Raiders she faces are not the ordinary ones, but Raider Scum, Raider Psychos, and Legendary Raiders. Not to mention Super Mutants that take about 10 shots to kill each.

In the future, I think I'll be starting my games near Sanctuary Hills, where the enemies are Bloatflies and entry-level Raiders.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Mar 15 2017, 10:49 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Mar 15 2017, 10:03 PM
Post #98

Master
Group Icon

Yeah it gets nasty away from Sanctuary at low levels. It's more like leveled zones. Btw, you could always make Hangman's Alley into your player home, and use a supply line from Sanctuary.

It's kind of cramped, but you can build upwards.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Mar 15 2017, 10:05 PM
Post #99

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 15 2017, 03:59 PM) *

In all my previous games my characters have always used Sanctuary Hills for their permanent home. Even after finding Diamond City and buying Home Plate. It is just too much work to cart all that junk you build up from Sanctuary Hills to Home Plate. So they never really moved in there, even though it's central location makes it ideal for exploring the map from.

So this time when I started my new play through of Hecate, I did it near Diamond City. As soon as I could I bought Home Plate to use as a permanent home for her game. I did not know the floor in Home Plate was bugged. But thankfully there is a mod to fix that.

But wow, it has been really difficult being low level in the actual city limits of Boston! I thought the enemies would be scaled like in Skyrim. Not! I was in the Fens Sewer at 2nd Level, and had to take on a Glowing One! It took all 20 shots in Hecate's Mk14 to bring it down. The Raiders she faces are not the ordinary one, but Raider Scum, Raider Psychos, and Legendary Raiders. Not to mention Super Mutants that take about 10 shots to kill each.

In the future, I think I'll be starting my games near Sanctuary Hills, where the enemies are Bloatflies and entry-level Raiders.

Khajiit likes using Red Rocket as his characters' primary bases with Hangman's Alley being an excellent inner-city outpost.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 15 2017, 10:49 PM
Post #100

Ancient
Group Icon

I always like having a home base near merchants. That makes it more convenient to unload my loot after returning from exploring the wasteland. Home Plate is nice because you have all the Diamond City merchants. I like Sanctuary Hills because Trashcan Carla always stops there (once you meet her for the first time).

But granted, in this game there is not much loot to sell. Almost everything can be junked for crafting supplies, including weapons and armor. That is more valuable than caps. The only things I typically sell in F4 are unwanted chems and the other rare items that cannot be broken down.

--------------------
+Quote Post

13 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 11:12 PM