4 Pages V « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fallout: New Vegas appreciation thread
Kiln
post Mar 3 2013, 01:45 AM
Post #61

Forum Bard
Group Icon

Just thought I'd voice my love for the Gun Runner's Arsenal weapon pack. Adds a bunch of fun new stuff to play around with. In general I actually enjoyed all of the new weapons/armor from all the DLC but for the price of the GRA pack it is a pretty good deal that can give a breath of life to the game.

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 3 2013, 01:56 AM
Post #62

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kiln @ Mar 2 2013, 07:45 PM) *

Just thought I'd voice my love for the Gun Runner's Arsenal weapon pack. Adds a bunch of fun new stuff to play around with. In general I actually enjoyed all of the new weapons/armor from all the DLC but for the price of the GRA pack it is a pretty good deal that can give a breath of life to the game.

I agree. I think GRA brings a lot to the table. I especially like the weapon mods it adds.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Mar 3 2013, 02:21 AM
Post #63

Forum Bard
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 3 2013, 12:56 AM) *

QUOTE(Kiln @ Mar 2 2013, 07:45 PM) *

I agree. I think GRA brings a lot to the table. I especially like the weapon mods it adds.

Oh and the interesting new ammo types, I forgot to mention that.

I especially like the timed grenades, mirv style mini nukes, explosive .50 cal, and the dragon's breath 12 guage ammo.

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Mar 3 2013, 02:58 PM
Post #64

Master
Group Icon

The Gun Runner's Arsenal gave me Pacencia. I dropped 17,000 caps on that weapon and it's worth every penny, and I loved that DLC for Pacencia alone.

And the 12-Gauge Dragon's Breath shells are absurd amounts of fun; after all, they combine two of my favourite things, fire and shotguns, so what's not to love?
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Jun 2 2013, 08:46 PM
Post #65

Forum Bard
Group Icon

I guess nobody else is still appreciating Fallout NV? Oh well.

I still play it occasionally but after investing somewhere around 350 hours or so into multiple characters, there just isn't anything to do but farm bad guys for caps, of which I have more than I could ever spend.

My favorite thing to do now is to go to Vault 3 with a stealth boy and lay down enough C4 to kill all of the fiends there at once and watch all of the body parts fly through the air while high off of Turbo.

New Vegas was a lot of fun but since there isn't going to be any more DLC and I've conquered everything the game has to offer, I've basically stopped playing it.

With my last character I collected every unique item in the game (weapons, armor, and misc items) and stashed them neatly in separate containers at the Lucky 38. I even used the Wiki with this one so I know for a fact I've hunted them all down.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jun 18 2013, 09:33 AM
Post #66

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kiln @ Jun 2 2013, 09:46 PM) *

New Vegas was a lot of fun but since there isn't going to be any more DLC and I've conquered everything the game has to offer, I've basically stopped playing it.

Why? Canīt you run around and live your life like in Fallout 3, Oblivion and the likes? I ran out of really fun things to do in Fallout (exploring, that is) a long time ago but I still think itīs entertaining to run around, collecting ammo and caps until I have enough to buy the whole goddamn wasteland biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

With my last character I collected every unique item in the game (weapons, armor, and misc items) and stashed them neatly in separate containers at the Lucky 38. I even used the Wiki with this one so I know for a fact I've hunted them all down.

Cheater! tongue.gif

Nah, itīs all good. Iīm always on the lookout for unique items in FO3 but I havenīt resorted to the wiki. Iīd like to stumble upon them and those I donīt find, well I guess Iīm not worthy to find them then laugh.gif

Funny enough, Iīve never hunted for unique items in Oblivion. Not once. In Fallout 3 though itīs my main quest besides amassing caps and ammo. I canīt help it, I love finding them in FO3 happy.gif

This post has been edited by mirocu: Jun 18 2013, 09:34 AM

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Jun 18 2013, 08:32 PM
Post #67

Forum Bard
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Jun 18 2013, 08:33 AM) *

Why? Canīt you run around and live your life like in Fallout 3, Oblivion and the likes? I ran out of really fun things to do in Fallout (exploring, that is) a long time ago but I still think itīs entertaining to run around, collecting ammo and caps until I have enough to buy the whole goddamn wasteland biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Cheater! tongue.gif

Nah, itīs all good. Iīm always on the lookout for unique items in FO3 but I havenīt resorted to the wiki. Iīd like to stumble upon them and those I donīt find, well I guess Iīm not worthy to find them then laugh.gif

Funny enough, Iīve never hunted for unique items in Oblivion. Not once. In Fallout 3 though itīs my main quest besides amassing caps and ammo. I canīt help it, I love finding them in FO3 happy.gif

Well I usually sink several hundred hours into the game before I resort to the wiki. Basically when I go to the wiki to check for unique stuff I only actually have to find 2-3 things because I've scrounged nearly everything there is to find but missed a cave or building somewhere...or I just walked right by it and didn't notice. embarrased.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jun 19 2013, 03:46 PM
Post #68

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kiln @ Jun 18 2013, 09:32 PM) *

or I just walked right by it and didn't notice. embarrased.gif

Been there done that, brotha cool.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
ImperialSnob
post Jul 2 2013, 09:52 AM
Post #69

Master
Group Icon

I'M GONNA SAY IT!

BOONE>EVERYONE ELSE INCLUDING ME!

BOONE 4 LYFE!

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Jul 7 2013, 12:55 AM
Post #70

Forum Bard
Group Icon

Well I've officially accumulated two million caps (no glitching) and explored everything there is to explore in NV. It is a very fun game but I've pretty much exhausted the possibilities for entertainment at this point.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jul 7 2013, 04:40 PM
Post #71

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Then drag you butt to the Capital Wasteland, kiln! laugh.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Kiln
post Jul 7 2013, 08:43 PM
Post #72

Forum Bard
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Jul 7 2013, 03:40 PM) *

Oh my poor Mirocu...

I hath conquered those lands many moons ago. biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jul 7 2013, 08:46 PM
Post #73

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kiln @ Jul 7 2013, 09:43 PM) *

QUOTE(mirocu @ Jul 7 2013, 03:40 PM) *

Oh my poor Mirocu...

I hath conquered those lands many moons ago. biggrin.gif

Then drag your butt back to it! laugh.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
DatAshe
post Nov 25 2013, 04:24 PM
Post #74

Associate

QUOTE(Eva @ Feb 9 2013, 09:58 PM) *

A simple thread where people can post what they love about New Vegas!

Fond memories?

Current play through stories?

Funny anecdotes?

The only thing that sux is that there is no vehicles by default... you gotta get you some mods to get bikes nd stuff biggrin.gif

IPB Image

But its an awesome game as always smile.gif
+Quote Post
Diamandis
post Dec 2 2013, 06:16 PM
Post #75

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(DatAshe @ Nov 25 2013, 03:24 PM) *

The only thing that sux is that there is no vehicles by default... you gotta get you some mods to get bikes nd stuff biggrin.gif

IPB Image

But its an awesome game as always smile.gif

Ahhhh.... what I would have LOVED for some vehicles in the game tongue.gif I'm not sure about lore and stuff but I think the war left vehicles unusable, hence why there aren't any (I don't know)

Maybe Fallout 4 will give us some kind of vehicle option. Would be cool.

--------------------
Fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a vrey srtnage mnid, wchih si good bceasue I od ot :D
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Dec 2 2013, 06:35 PM
Post #76

Master
Group Icon

Either vehicles would be cool (all you'd need to do is hook up a fission battery to a motor or something to make it work*), or horses; wearing power armour and rocking a laser rifle on the back of a cyber-horse like the Man With No Name of the nightmarish future is too damn an idea to not happen. Plus you could play 'Wanted Dead or Alive' as background music and you would be a cowboy on a literal steel horse!!

*I know this is possible thanks to my incredibly extensive** knowledge of mechanics.
**non-existent
+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:27 PM