11 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> ~The little Coffee-shop~
minque
post May 12 2005, 09:53 PM
Post #1

Wise Woman
Group Icon

This is meant to be a place where you can talk about anything without having to stay on topic. Feel free to ask questions, to talk about the things in your life you like to share with your fellow-members. Or just step inside for a while, have a coffe and a good chat!

You may feel free to post whatever you like as long as it is within the rules of the forum.

But if the conversation degrades to spam, you will be treated as though you are spamming anywhere else on the forum. This is a thread where you can relax and talk about personal things, but it is not to be used as an excuse to make pointless posts.

Please help to keep this alive and well and a place where we can meet and share.

Enjoy your stay here!!!

Link to the previuos

http://forums.waiting4oblivion.com/viewtopic.php?t=268

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jonajosa
post May 12 2005, 09:56 PM
Post #2

Unregistered

Hey i have annouced myself as door greeter to the coffee shop. When you come in say "Hi" to me or you can't have any food or drink! And don't think about sneaking in through the back door either! My clone is back there waiting for yall...

Wan to read somthing very good...
Go here http://forums.waiting4oblivion.com/viewtop...hp?t=61&start=0
+Quote Post
minque
post May 12 2005, 09:57 PM
Post #3

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Hi Jona!
Fixed the linky.......can I have coffee, please?

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
jonajosa
post May 12 2005, 10:00 PM
Post #4

Unregistered

maybe... But you have to pay me with your car keys first.
+Quote Post
minque
post May 12 2005, 10:01 PM
Post #5

Wise Woman
Group Icon

WHAT??? erhhm......ok here you are *minque gives jona her keys to the volvo estate*

now then? :embarrassed:

--------------------

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Aki
post May 12 2005, 10:03 PM
Post #6

Mouth
Group Icon

[quote=Channler]Well being that I like fighting more than anything else in a MMO SWG really lost it for me. I played it for 1 month I think and couldn't stand it, I'm sure they could of done a better job...

Oh and WoW. I don't care if you like it, whatever suits your fancy. I'm just saying that to me it feels the same. And in a lot of ways guild wars feels the same too.[/quote]

combat was hard, as to fight any thing reallygood, you needed to "buff" yourself, which is temporaily raisng stats. And wear armor.

Though, of the Fighting styles i've tried, Teras Kasi (Martial arts type stuff), Swordsman (Two handed swords), Bounty hunter (Pistols, Carbine, and a Special Weapon all rolled into one), and pistoleer (Pistols), thety were all pretty fun.

Esspecially swordsman and Bounty hunter. biggrin.gif

Teras Kasi was good for Meditating in Pictureque places. biggrin.gif

and pulling off kickass combo type objects.
:paperbag:

--------------------
IPB Image

"You’ve put up a good fight, but I’m through playing. Now I’m going to kick your [censored] and tell of my glory under the next full moon. Die well.”

+Quote Post
jonajosa
post May 12 2005, 10:07 PM
Post #7

Unregistered

Aki and Channler.... did you greet me?????

As for minque... Got your coffee. Now... i have to um go get somthing in a car outside... Not yours... just a "random" car
+Quote Post
Channler
post May 12 2005, 10:08 PM
Post #8

Master
Group Icon

Would anyone care (namely the mods and adms.) if I started a debate thread? I really love debating things and I'll make some really good rules to follow!

PLEASE PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE! WITH CHERRIES ON TOP?!

--------------------
“I'm not insensitive, I just don't care.”
-Anonymous
IPB Image
+Quote Post
minque
post May 12 2005, 10:11 PM
Post #9

Wise Woman
Group Icon

[quote=Channler]Would anyone care (namely the mods and adms.) if I started a debate thread? I really love debating things and I'll make some really good rules to follow!

PLEASE PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE! WITH CHERRIES ON TOP?![/quote]

easiest thing to do is pm:ing an admin! pm star or alex!! :goodjob:

--------------------

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Channler
post May 12 2005, 10:32 PM
Post #10

Master
Group Icon

oh.. well alex did say in.. one of the many coffee shops that there would need to be some other place for the discussions we were having. I'm just wondering do you see anything wrong with it?

Oh and BTW, hows it going Jona? Hopefully not to sandy biggrin.gif

--------------------
-Anonymous
IPB Image
+Quote Post
minque
post May 12 2005, 10:34 PM
Post #11

Wise Woman
Group Icon

personally I don´t mind debate, it´s just hard to keep it neat and civilized....But in this case I think the admins have to decide....

--------------------

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Warsgoth
post May 12 2005, 10:50 PM
Post #12

Finder
Group Icon

Pants? Yes or No?

It's a poll that willl eventually spread throughout the world!

Yes: 125

No: 517

It isn't about wearing pants, or if you like pants. Just answer yes or no. It helps to say whatever comes into you head first.

kvright.gif :confused: kvleft.gif
+Quote Post
Warsgoth
post May 12 2005, 10:54 PM
Post #13

Finder
Group Icon

And I want coffee and pi.

Make the coffee green... not too dark, almost a green that could tranform ones soul into an almost hypnotic state for a time being... and a chocolate cookie.

And, since I don't have to stay on topic, I would like to share a question that I get all of the time, since I am a major in Cosmological Studies.

What is Dark Matter?

---Dark matter is any nonluminous astronomical particle that is detected only by its gravitational influence. Examples include planets, black holes, white dwarfs and more exotic things like weakly interacting particles.

Also, another popular question I get is:

Do White Holes exist?

---The answer is yes. A white hole is the time reversal of a black hole, another singularity in space-time. Matter emerges from a white hole (unlike a black hole, into which matter is drawn). An example of a white hole is the original singularity of the Big Bang. Also, Jupiter's white oval visible from space is a 70-year-old storm. This enormous hurricane is almost the size of the Earth, and could engulf earth itself, it the two gravitational pulls did not contradict eachother.

Any questions? Anyone? I feel like teaching. I have 24 days and 145 hours left before I feel like not teaching.
+Quote Post
minque
post May 12 2005, 10:59 PM
Post #14

Wise Woman
Group Icon

And I say YES

And here´s your coffee, some chocolate-chip cookies...and a blueberry-pie, ta-daaa

*hands out the food to warsgoth*

--------------------

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Epy
post May 12 2005, 11:01 PM
Post #15

Quotinator
Group Icon

Channler: I believe they've said numerous times that threads of that nature are allowed, but double-checking and seeing if they have anything to add or making specific requests is probably a good idea, yes.
If a green light flashes, go ahead and establish whatever ground rules you wish for the debate, but a mention of our rules will do for the behaviour-tidying part. We're watching over you. smile.gif

Yack, I've been busy lately, and it don't stop 'till the wheels fall off!
One of the last, and nastiest, chemistry tests scheduled for take-off in about 8 hours. I be doomed! Doomed, I say...
So, HI, JonaJosa! Gimme da bomb! *guzzle*

You folks have a lovely evening/morning/day/etc. now, and g'night.

EDIT: Hello, Warsgoth! smile.gif Belated Happy birthday, cake and hugs!
+Quote Post
Warsgoth
post May 12 2005, 11:06 PM
Post #16

Finder
Group Icon

Woo! Now I have 2 birthday-wish thingies.

And I hate blueberry. Make it green....
+Quote Post
jonajosa
post May 12 2005, 11:59 PM
Post #17

Unregistered

Its not to sandy... in some places. The thing we worry about is the dust in the air. There so much of it up there that when it rains... it rains mud. I mean i'll walk out side during a storm or somthing and next thing i know i have 1in of mud all over my body.

And then the worst happens! The storm passes and it gets real hot and the mud dries to my BDUs. I have to wash them again! Really annoying.
+Quote Post
Channler
post May 13 2005, 12:02 AM
Post #18

Master
Group Icon

[quote=Warsgoth]And I want coffee and pi.

Make the coffee green... not too dark, almost a green that could tranform ones soul into an almost hypnotic state for a time being... and a chocolate cookie.

And, since I don't have to stay on topic, I would like to share a question that I get all of the time, since I am a major in Cosmological Studies.

What is Dark Matter?

---Dark matter is any nonluminous astronomical particle that is detected only by its gravitational influence. Examples include planets, black holes, white dwarfs and more exotic things like weakly interacting particles.

Do White Holes exist?

---The answer is yes. A white hole is the time reversal of a black hole, another singularity in space-time. Matter emerges from a white hole (unlike a black hole, into which matter is drawn). An example of a white hole is the original singularity of the Big Bang. Also, Jupiter's white oval visible from space is a 70-year-old storm. This enormous hurricane is almost the size of the Earth, and could engulf earth itself, it the two gravitational pulls did not contradict eachother.

Any questions? Anyone? I feel like teaching. I have 24 days and 145 hours left before I feel like not teaching.[/quote]

I've always wondered.. What is Anti-Matter? And is it possible to "Tear" a hole through space as such has how a black hole does?

--------------------
-Anonymous
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Hukai The Wandering
post May 13 2005, 12:48 AM
Post #19

Knower
Group Icon

*bows to jona when enters*

did you know that there is a black hole in the center of every galaxy? whether it be active or dormint, its still there.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
+Quote Post
Soulseeker3.0
post May 13 2005, 01:13 AM
Post #20

Master
Group Icon

[quote=Warsgoth]And I want coffee and pi.

What is Dark Matter?

Do White Holes exist?

Any questions? Anyone? I feel like teaching. I have 24 days and 145 hours left before I feel like not teaching.[/quote]

really? So if you go into a black hole and survive, then theoretically you could come back into the galaxy via white hole? this is interesting.

and my question is................................. i'm not getting anywere. nevermind lol

and Hi Jonajosa i'm going to steal some cookies.

to Rane's last coment to me: yes thats what I though, that sucks really bad, taking it that all I have is (in order of use) a PC and the SuperNES and the Atari Jaguar come in close together. and my mom won't let us get anything else.

and to Fuzzy Knight: what was your first new avatar? didn't get to see that one.

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

This was pretty unusual, because most children at his age wanted to become great warriors, known all through time as saviors of, well, anything - Toroabok
+Quote Post

11 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:29 PM