Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Evergloam, And a bit of Moonshadow, too. Post-TG quests.
mALX
post Aug 12 2013, 04:25 PM
Post #41

Ancient
Group Icon

1. Do I have to re-download the mod to have this quest added?

2. Do the Twilights and Seducers "Tackle" raise and lower with the wing animations? (Just kidding, I've obviously had too much coffee already today, lol)

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Aug 12 2013, 04:35 PM
Post #42

Councilor
Group Icon

You will, but it's not packaged up yet. Moonshadow needs more work, before I can release the next part. It needs a lot more trees, and creatures in the caves.

I don't want to release too often, either, as each time I have to re-delete the SI content from the Evergloam area, to produce the non-SI version. I'm trying to automate that, but haven't yet.

The skeleton I found for the wings also has extra bones for moving other anatomical details, but I don't have any animations that do so.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Aug 12 2013, 04:37 PM

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 12 2013, 04:45 PM
Post #43

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Aug 12 2013, 11:35 AM) *

You will, but it's not packaged up yet. Moonshadow needs more work, before I can release the next part. It needs a lot more trees, and creatures in the caves.

I don't want to release too often, either, as each time I have to re-delete the SI content from the Evergloam area, to produce the non-SI version. I'm trying to automate that, but haven't yet.

The skeleton I found for the wings also has extra bones for moving other anatomical details, but I don't have any animations that do so.

laugh.gif on the skeleton!

Okay on the other, I'll keep my eye out for updates on the "No SI."

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Aug 15 2013, 12:37 AM
Post #44

Councilor
Group Icon

Version 0.2 - with animated wings, Non-quest voices (Standard greetings etc) for the seducers and twilights, and the EV04 quest added.

Again with a non-SI esp for those who need it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 15 2013, 03:37 AM
Post #45

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Aug 14 2013, 07:37 PM) *

Version 0.2 - with animated wings, Non-quest voices (Standard greetings etc) for the seducers and twilights, and the EV04 quest added.

Again with a non-SI esp for those who need it.

Downloaded! Thank you! I was surprised this version was smaller than the first! Can't wait to try it, hope to get some play time on the PC SOON!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Aug 15 2013, 01:56 PM
Post #46

Councilor
Group Icon

I found that Tes4Files was including a lot of things that weren't part of the mod, just because it couldn't rule them out. Like all the landscape LOD I'd built for Valenwood and Elsweyr, not just the new worldspaces, and all the animations, even though only a few were needed. So this time I deleted any files that weren't needed and it was more than I'd added. All of Moonshadow was included in the first one, but there was no quest to get there, so the only new stuff was dialog text and quest stages, which are small.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Aug 15 2013, 01:57 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 22 2013, 09:30 AM
Post #47

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Aug 15 2013, 08:56 AM) *

I found that Tes4Files was including a lot of things that weren't part of the mod, just because it couldn't rule them out. Like all the landscape LOD I'd built for Valenwood and Elsweyr, not just the new worldspaces, and all the animations, even though only a few were needed. So this time I deleted any files that weren't needed and it was more than I'd added. All of Moonshadow was included in the first one, but there was no quest to get there, so the only new stuff was dialog text and quest stages, which are small.

I use TES4 Edit to clean my mods too, hmmm... laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Aug 22 2013, 01:54 PM
Post #48

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Aug 22 2013, 04:30 AM) *

I use TES4 Edit to clean my mods too, hmmm... laugh.gif

Tes4Files and Tes4Edit are by different authors, but both are for TesIV.

Mental Elf's Tes4Files is a very useful tool for packaging mods, but you do need to remove stuff that's not needed. It plays safe and includes any files that might be part of the mod whenever it's not sure.

And I did clean the mods with Tes4Edit before packaging!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Sep 3 2013, 06:17 PM
Post #49

Councilor
Group Icon

Now I've mentioned it in the FF thread, I've started work on the EV05 quest. The player is tipped off by Ulliceta gra-Kogg, the Orc magister who was denounced (falsely) as a necromancer, about the Chrysamere being smuggled through Cyrodiil. I need a way for the player to help her cause once he's recovered the sword, i.e. help her prove she's not a necromancer.

Any ideas? Preferably something that needs thief skills, of course.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Sep 3 2013, 06:18 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 4 2013, 07:47 PM
Post #50

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Sep 3 2013, 01:17 PM) *

Now I've mentioned it in the FF thread, I've started work on the EV05 quest. The player is tipped off by Ulliceta gra-Kogg, the Orc magister who was denounced (falsely) as a necromancer, about the Chrysamere being smuggled through Cyrodiil. I need a way for the player to help her cause once he's recovered the sword, i.e. help her prove she's not a necromancer.

Any ideas? Preferably something that needs thief skills, of course.

She could know where some documents are being held that could clear her name - something showing that Mucianus pinpointed her as a necromancer to cover up for Mariette Rielle, (whom he was in love with/and or under her powers via some spell) - and the Player would have to go to (wherever) and steal those documents back to clear her name?

This post has been edited by mALX: Sep 4 2013, 07:48 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Sep 4 2013, 08:51 PM
Post #51

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Sep 4 2013, 02:47 PM) *

She could know where some documents are being held that could clear her name - something showing that Mucianus pinpointed her as a necromancer to cover up for Mariette Rielle, (whom he was in love with/and or under her powers via some spell) - and the Player would have to go to (wherever) and steal those documents back to clear her name?

Since the AU is in the Imperial City, it seem reasonable that Mucianus Alias and Mariette Rielle met there. So I just need to pick a location where she might have left papers. E.g. her cousin's home. There must be quite a few Bretons living in the city, so this should work. Thanks!

Or maybe hers were the "shady dealings in the basement of the Oak and Crosier" - which just happens to be below where Ulliceta is. Hmmm....

This post has been edited by ghastley: Sep 4 2013, 09:19 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 4 2013, 09:26 PM
Post #52

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Sep 4 2013, 03:51 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Sep 4 2013, 02:47 PM) *

Since the AU is in the Imperial City, it seem reasonable that Mucianus Alias and Mariette Rielle met there. So I just need to pick a location where she might have left papers. E.g. her cousin's home. There must be quite a few Bretons living in the city, so this should work. Thanks!

Or maybe hers were the "shady dealings in the basement of the Oak and Crosier" - which just happens to be below where Ulliceta is. Hmmm....

Yeah, make them travel to steal it - or have it hidden in a castle/the Palace/etc - somewhere really hard to steal from, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Sep 4 2013, 09:52 PM
Post #53

Councilor
Group Icon

I'm now thinking that I mix those two thoughts.

The documents are in the IC somewhere, perhaps multiple locations, but the "shady dealings in the O&C basement" were Ulliceta storing corpses to be shipped to her lab. She'd provided Talasma with cold storage facilities in the basis of being able to use them herself. Mariette found out and the documents are letters from Mucianus thanking her for her help, as well as evidence that the bodies were donated to Ulliceta for her medical research, with agreements about proper disposal after use, so that the necromancers couldn't use them.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 4 2013, 10:09 PM
Post #54

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Sep 4 2013, 04:52 PM) *

I'm now thinking that I mix those two thoughts.

The documents are in the IC somewhere, perhaps multiple locations, but the "shady dealings in the O&C basement" were Ulliceta storing corpses to be shipped to her lab. She'd provided Talasma with cold storage facilities in the basis of being able to use them herself. Mariette found out and the documents are letters from Mucianus thanking her for her help, as well as evidence that the bodies were donated to Ulliceta for her medical research, with agreements about proper disposal after use, so that the necromancers couldn't use them.

Which could be what enraged Mariette into turning on Mucianus and made her turn him into a zombie thrall; what made her realize he was a spy. Multiple locations would be a great idea, I was going to suggest a few false leads, following a trail - something to make it harder to obtain.

It would also explain why Mucianus didn't clear her name - couldn't because he was turned into a thrall.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Sep 4 2013, 11:26 PM
Post #55

Councilor
Group Icon

Nope, Mariette and Mucianus are out. You can do these quests without starting the MG ones, so you won't know about either of those characters. But I can create other necromancers to take their places. Same thing will work. May even be able to do so without names, so they can be identified as M&M later.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 4 2013, 11:58 PM
Post #56

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Sep 4 2013, 06:26 PM) *

Nope, Mariette and Mucianus are out. You can do these quests without starting the MG ones, so you won't know about either of those characters. But I can create other necromancers to take their places. Same thing will work. May even be able to do so without names, so they can be identified as M&M later.

Facepalm moment - oh, that is right, you even said in your author's note that they wouldn't actually be mentioned. Urk, need to wake up...need coffee, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Sep 10 2013, 04:36 PM
Post #57

Councilor
Group Icon

I think I have this one worked out at last.

The mages' quarters at the Arcane University provide no personal storage for the staff and students, so they'd want somewhere off-site for that. Ontus Vanin retired from the University and is now antagonistic to MG members. Add these two together, and OV quit when necromancy was banned, as he disagreed with the way the ban was enforced, making practitioners and researchers alike into pariahs overnight. Some of the mages had left stuff in his basement, and that includes a mage's robe, a necromancer's robe, and a letter from M to M complaining about Ulliceta's getting all the best corpses, and destroying them when she's finished with them.

I still have some clean-up and packaging to do, but I should have a new version to try in a couple of days. Doc is here and for this quest it's here

Edit: Make that available now. You can get beta version 0.3 from my site. Once again, there are SI and non-SI esp's. Install only one. If the non-SI users get a WTF mesh, let me know where!

This post has been edited by ghastley: Nov 11 2019, 11:21 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 13 2013, 06:51 AM
Post #58

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Sep 10 2013, 11:36 AM) *

I think I have this one worked out at last.

The mages' quarters at the Arcane University provide no personal storage for the staff and students, so they'd want somewhere off-site for that. Ontus Vanin retired from the University and is now antagonistic to MG members. Add these two together, and OV quit when necromancy was banned, as he disagreed with the way the ban was enforced, making practitioners and researchers alike into pariahs overnight. Some of the mages had left stuff in his basement, and that includes a mage's robe, a necromancer's robe, and a letter from M to M complaining about Ulliceta's getting all the best corpses, and destroying them when she's finished with them.

I still have some clean-up and packaging to do, but I should have a new version to try in a couple of days. Doc is here and for this quest it's here

Edit: Make that available now. You can get beta version 0.3 from my site. Once again, there are SI and non-SI esp's. Install only one. If the non-SI users get a WTF mesh, let me know where!

Got it! WOO HOO !!! I like what you figured out to do with this!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Sep 22 2013, 09:52 PM
Post #59

Councilor
Group Icon

Next quest I'm working on involves this woman, who is shown at the Wobbly Goblet to avoid providing any additional clues with a location. I'll let you all guess who she might be for a day or two.

She's a character from an in-game book, the name of which you may be able to determine from a clue in the picture, although she's not yet wearing a black velvet cloak, because I haven't made one so far.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 23 2013, 12:05 PM
Post #60

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Sep 22 2013, 04:52 PM) *

Next quest I'm working on involves this woman, who is shown at the Wobbly Goblet to avoid providing any additional clues with a location. I'll let you all guess who she might be for a day or two.

She's a character from an in-game book, the name of which you may be able to determine from a clue in the picture, although she's not yet wearing a black velvet cloak, because I haven't made one so far.

Cyrus's sister?

--------------------
+Quote Post

5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:07 PM