Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Downloadable Arena question, *In confusion*
Gaius Maximus
post Sep 2 2007, 05:09 PM
Post #1

Agent

Ok, I've recently taken up trying out the older games of Elder Scrolls series. Daggerfall I only tried the demo, though am going to get it sooner or later. But that's not the main concern of this topic.

What I wanted to ask about, is the downloadable TES: Arena in official Elder Scrolls website.

I (finally, stupid goblins, pushing me back into water...) finished the first dungeon, though after answering the two questions about the costs, all I get is the black DOSBox window, saying: 'Arena 1.06 is finished' or something of the like (I'm completely sure of the number, though). Is it supposed to do that, or is this something what shouldn't have happened?

--------------------
It's very important to know what to say. For example, one time I was staying at a hotel, and a dog in the room next to mine started barking at 5 AM... I walked out, opened my mouth, and realized I didn't know what to say. So I just proclaimed 'I've killed before!'
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Sep 2 2007, 05:55 PM
Post #2

Master
Group Icon

This is definitely something that shouldn't happen. I always end up at the city of whatever race I picked.

I don't know what could possibly cause this but guess that you're missing a file. But then again, Bethesda sure as heck doesn't put up an incomplete download.

And yeah, I hate that place where you have to cross the water and there are always a pair of goblins on the other side.

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
Gaius Maximus
post Sep 2 2007, 06:33 PM
Post #3

Agent

QUOTE(jack cloudy @ Sep 2 2007, 04:55 PM) *

This is definitely something that shouldn't happen. I always end up at the city of whatever race I picked.

I don't know what could possibly cause this but guess that you're missing a file. But then again, Bethesda sure as heck doesn't put up an incomplete download.

And yeah, I hate that place where you have to cross the water and there are always a pair of goblins on the other side.

Hm... odd.

Wait - how many codes do you have to enter in the Shift (Or something of the like) Gates? It asked me for two. Perhaps I should try and re-download the Arena...

But what I dislike the most was the fact that I couldn't be an Imperial, quite unfair, seeing as I'm an Imperial-goer. Had to be a Breton, so I could at least look like an Imperial... Gah. Naming a Breton 'Gaius Maximus' is just not the same...

There's actually a bug of some sort - if you stick to the right wall, it's possible to walk above the water, and appear on the other side before the Goblins.... Hee hee. We all know what that means.

--------------------
It's very important to know what to say. For example, one time I was staying at a hotel, and a dog in the room next to mine started barking at 5 AM... I walked out, opened my mouth, and realized I didn't know what to say. So I just proclaimed 'I've killed before!'
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Sep 2 2007, 06:53 PM
Post #4

Master
Group Icon

Only one in my case. That is, for as far as I can remember. It's been a while.

And dang, I wish I knew that trick at the time. Dang, I would've unleashed mass ownage upon those yellow fools.

And yeah, no Imperials sucks. I believe the explanation in the manual says that the Imperial province is multi-racial. In a way, it feels more logical that way than Morrowind's sudden 'Yo, we're the fricking Romans reborn dude.' But still, I kinda missed the silver-tongued scoundrels.

This post has been edited by jack cloudy: Sep 2 2007, 06:55 PM

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
Gaius Maximus
post Sep 3 2007, 05:34 AM
Post #5

Agent

Reldownloading it is, then! (Insert epic music of choice)

'Yo, we're the fricking Romans reborn dude.'

I chuckled hard at that one... Imagine if the 'description' of Imperials was like that.

--------------------
+Quote Post
1234king
post Sep 4 2007, 02:46 AM
Post #6

Knower
Group Icon

lol i tried to play arena but i didnt know where to go....i didnt even get past the first dungeon lol.

--------------------
Sigs are stupid!
+Quote Post
Ibis
post Sep 21 2007, 10:53 PM
Post #7

Mouth
Group Icon

Yes the Arena dungeon is tough .. it was the first video game I ever played and I'd get my hubby to get all my new characters through the dungeon for me. You all do know about rerolling to big loot pile around the first major corner until you get a worthy enough stash to start out with in the new world of Arena, right?

So, I finally got good enough to navigate through the starter dungeon myself (good thing since all Bethesda games start you off as a p'wnerless prisoner) and the waterways are a major b*tch. Hate the sound of thos goblins laffing or grunting or whatever it is the pervs are doing, I'd know that sound anywhere, heard it so much.

Concerning the dosbox, never tried it = I've only played Arena the original on w95 and later 98. Concerining no Imperials, never noticed the lack since I didn't really know of Imperials as a character choice back then. hehe

But don't feel bad about naming a Breton with an Imperial name, Gaius. They say that King Arthur himself was actually a Roman or of partial Roman ancestry, varying from legend to legend. So his Roman name was probably somethig like Arturius in early times.

--------------------
IPB Image <--- Moon Cookiies for all who join @ TESFU

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:22 PM