Post #21

Master
Group Icon

ooc what a great time for kell to leave

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

This was pretty unusual, because most children at his age wanted to become great warriors, known all through time as saviors of, well, anything - Toroabok
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Sep 2 2005, 01:55 AM
Post #22

Forum Bard
Group Icon

"My name?" Kiln said thinking randomly to his older days

"My name is Jinx Tians, adventurer." Kiln said knowing he could not reveal his real name to a noble from one of the houses

"And my friend here is no slave, so I suggest you withdraw your insults." Kiln snapped at the man with a glare

After a few seconds he sheathed his blade but continued to watch carefully, ready to defend this argonian with his life, as was his duty to any legion soldier, regardless of race.

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
DoomedOne
post Sep 2 2005, 01:58 AM
Post #23

Master
Group Icon

En'Fel considered his suggestion. It donned on him.

"Of course!" he exclaimed. "Of course, of course, of course!"

"What is it?" Anhasou asked.

"The islands North of the Coast, the Archipeligo! They must be on one of those islands!"

"Oh good, you finally have it," commented Ganfi.

"Alright, we move out now. Sounigo, look at the map, tell me which islands are significant, we'll split up and search each, we search until dusk, and if we find nothing we'll head West for Urshilaku."

"Well, we needn't go that far, if they're on the Coast I know which island. Ald Daedroth," Sounigo put in.

"Then that will be the first island we check. Out we go!" he declared, and they were off along to road toward the abandoned Ahemussa camp. From there they headed North toward the Coast.

"So," En'Fel asked somewhere between Ahemussa Camp and the Coast, "Traveller, why are you here?" Hel'Tic gave a nasty look. En'Fel, however, felt like it would be worth making friends with an able fighter, especially one who at least proved he wasn't working for Telvanni. En'Fel wasn't convinced of anything else, but he decided the best way to figure out how far he could trust him was to get to know him.

--------------------
A man once asked the Buddha, "How does one escape the heat of the summer sun?"

And the Buddha replied, "Why not try crawling into the blazing furnace?"
+Quote Post
Soulseeker3.0
post Sep 2 2005, 02:01 AM
Post #24

Master
Group Icon

Stauros looked at the dunmer. "I see, thats what I thought about your friend but from what the reports said was that an argonian slave was looking for food for his master."

Delfran relaxed a bit, once the dark elf put away his sword but still ahd it out just in case they wanted to start something.

"Do you haver a table or a big brick we can sit at? It is realy hard to convers over a meal standing up."

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

This was pretty unusual, because most children at his age wanted to become great warriors, known all through time as saviors of, well, anything - Toroabok
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Sep 2 2005, 02:04 AM
Post #25

Councilor
Group Icon

Akar took a deep breath inhaling the skooma.

"Looking for my mother." he replied. "But it can wait awhile while I help you find whatever you're looking for."

"I'm Akar, by the way." he said, holding out his hand.

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Sep 2 2005, 02:07 AM
Post #26

Forum Bard
Group Icon

Kiln was confused, was this man a politician? It didn't matter, Kiln responded in his usual manor, first with silence and then talking when he got good and ready.

He wished he'd known that this argonian was acting as a slave before he'd made his previous statement.

"This man is a slave, but no more than you or I. And so far as tables and food go, the tables are ash if you'd like to go inside and have a seat and I haven't had any food on me in days so it will be a bit hard to have a discussion over a meal." Kiln said in his usual unfriendly tone

This post has been edited by Kiln: Sep 2 2005, 02:09 AM

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
Kell-Reevor
post Sep 2 2005, 02:08 AM
Post #27

Finder
Group Icon

Val could hardly say no to a meal in his current state. But he wasn't ready to trust these two. The calm one especially. He knew his type. His smooth movement and calmness to his voice betryed him. This man was trained to kill, and was good at it.

And, despite his constant refernces to Val as a "slave", there was a certain cautiousness to his eyes. He seemed to be someone who would never underestimate an opponent.

Val looked at his feet. Should he have looked up, the man would have noticed him studying the crumbling arc above him. Val already knew it was crumbling, he just needed to know if the two were under it.

Indeed they were.

Good, I have an advantage should I need it

"I am Val-Jeer, and indeed I am no slave."

He raised his arms, allowing his wide sleeves to run down his arms and reveal no slave bracers, as well as allow him to cast quickly at the ceiling if he needed to.
+Quote Post
Soulseeker3.0
post Sep 2 2005, 02:19 AM
Post #28

Master
Group Icon

Stuaros glanced up with the Argonian's arms and saw the rocks in a poor state.

"I see you have us in a stale mate. but I assure you we didn't come to attack you but t talk."

HE looked to Delfran, "toss them the bag and take 5 steps back."

Delfran reluctantly put away his sword, and tossed down the bag and was then a few feet behind his boss.

"As you see the food is good just please don't tear down the arc, I can move fsater then you might think" he narrowed his eyes and gave a deathening stare and the Argonian.

OOC BTW I have all but the helm of glass armour

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

+Quote Post
Kell-Reevor
post Sep 2 2005, 02:30 AM
Post #29

Finder
Group Icon

You may be fast, but I bet you and your little flunky have no idea how fast I can be...

He didn't want to try this man. He lowered his arms to his sides. His long wide sleeves rolled back down, hiding his hands still in their casting positions.

I won't bring down the ceiling, but I can still blind you with dust....

He was ready. After all, he had his sword back, as well as his charm. Still, he couldnt help but hope for a peaceful resolution. He doubted it was possible. Deep down he felt these two weren't leaving without him in custody.

"You found me out... I will not fight you should you not wish it."

He waited paitiently for his commanding officer to speak.
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Sep 2 2005, 02:38 AM
Post #30

Forum Bard
Group Icon

Kiln saw what his officer had in mind and quickly thought.

Killing a noble is not a good idea...we're too close to my base for that...

"Perhaps we can speak with you for a while." Kiln said still not trusting these men but what choice did he have?

He looked at the argonian and made a quick hand motion before whispering to him.

"We'll see what they want, I won't risk killing them so close to our base." Kiln hoped the man would stay quiet when he found out about the base nearby

Kiln entered the ruins of the fort and sat down at what was left of the barracks, there was one table standing, unscarred. He lit a torch and hung it in it's place on the wall near the table.

He waited there for the others, still wondering what the men wanted, he sat with his back to the wall.

No surprises.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kell-Reevor
post Sep 2 2005, 02:43 AM
Post #31

Finder
Group Icon

Val followed Kiln to the table and stood next to him.

You better have a plan. These people are not going to take me in.

He waited, he would try his best to remain quiet while the others discussed their terms. He was still ready for anything though. He would honor his commander's wish and hold back. But that doesn't mean he was just going to let them take him...
+Quote Post
Soulseeker3.0
post Sep 2 2005, 02:51 AM
Post #32

Master
Group Icon

Stauros wlaked down through the ruins and made his way to the table and sat down, "So I'm assuming that you are part of whats left of the legion"

Delfran came in and emptied the sack's contents on the table, which was 6 loaves of bread, 6 bottels of filn, and other assorted foods.

Stuaros sat down, "Now I want to lear about the legion, all i've heard is what the house leaders have said. What I don't get is that, weren't they protecting Vvardenfell and everything before this war? Oh and Help youself to the food, i have plenty at my mansion."

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

+Quote Post
Megil Tel-Zeke
post Sep 2 2005, 02:57 AM
Post #33

Master
Group Icon

Megil looked into the room and saw the bodies, if you could call them that, strewn throughout the room.

"By the gods" Megil said as he surveyed the scene.

Megil walked out of the prison and onto the balcony where announcements could be made to the entire staff,

"everyone I do not understand how this happened, the bands have neer failed before, but I can assure we are doing everything we can to resolve the situation."

he stepped back and approched the chief ordinator,

"I want the gates sealed tight, no one get's in or out tonight until we find that man,"

he spedwalked to his office where he entered a hidden chamber. only three people knew it existed.

inside was a small room, with a panels covered in crystals.

"Alright let's see, no one will leave this city by magic either."

he began touching the gems, they lit up. outside in vivec magical barriers covered the city, invisible to the ye. the everyoneoblivous to their existence.

Megil returned to the crowded room, where people worked in organised chaos, delivering messages and filling out paperwork.

--------------------
"By keeping others at a distance you avoid a betrayal of your trust.
But while you may not be hurt that way you musnt forget that you must endure the loneliness."
Friendly Hostility Fanboi
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Sep 2 2005, 02:59 AM
Post #34

Forum Bard
Group Icon

Kiln saw the bread, that was more than his men had eaten in days. He was tempted to take all of it and run now while he had a chance but decided against it.

"The legion basically fell apart after the houses used them to defend themselves. They were unneeded by the houses and so they took the legion officers prisoner and killed all who did not surrender. We were allowed to continue in peace with the towns for some time before our ranking officers began to charge rediculous taxes on the people and eventually they rebelled, of course that was before they killed our men and such." Kiln said in his calm voice

He took from the table, his share of the bread and put it in his rucksack to take back to his men.

"There is no legion, just alot of scattered rogues." Kiln said knowing it must hurt his companion to hear such words from his commander but he hoped he would understand that it was all a cover

Kiln sat there at the table, looking at the man.

"So what exactly do you want from us noble?" Kiln said strangely

OOC: I'm off for the night and I won't be on until around 4:00 central US time so...

This post has been edited by Kiln: Sep 2 2005, 03:01 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Soulseeker3.0
post Sep 2 2005, 03:10 AM
Post #35

Master
Group Icon

Stauros saw the soldier took some food and he noddded

"Ah I see that makes sence. That somewhat is similar to what the boss told us, but more mellow. Rouges?! I thought that they are all honest! ONe more question and I must be off, or else my leaders will get suspisious. Why did they raise taxes in the first place? Didn't they have enough gold?"

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

+Quote Post
DoomedOne
post Sep 2 2005, 03:50 AM
Post #36

Master
Group Icon

En'Fel

En'Fel stared at Akar's hand as they walked. The coast was right in front of them. They could even see the many islands ahead. En'Fel eventually lifted his gaze from Akar's hand and focused on the Sea ahead, trying to keep an eye out of Ald Daedroth.

"Sounigo," he said back, "How sure are you that they're in Ald Daedroth?"

"None of the other islands are habitable unless you go west to Rotheran and Dagon Fel, but they're populated, Ahemussa wouldn't be there, they'd be at Ald Daedroth. In fact, they could have been at Ald Daedroth for years now. Who knows, they're an easily frightened people."

"Alright," En'Fel said once they reached the coast. "We swim. Weapons out to kill the sea creatures."

So they swam, and aside from a small dreugh there was no problem. Once they got close enough, they saw the structures of Ald Daedroth ahead of them, and even more so they saw Ahemussa ashlanders wandering around the outside. En'Fel felt like he could just blow away when he saw the first. Finally! he though to himself and quickened his pace.

By the time they reached the Island, several Ashlanders were at the shore to greet them with spears.

"Who are you? What do you want!" yelled a male Ashlander. That is, before he saw Arak's eyes. En'Fel noticed a tone of realization in the Ashlander at sight of Arak, and at his command they put their spears down. When En'Fel and the others reached the shore, he instantly kneeled and rested his sword on the ground. The others followed in suit, aside from Hel'Tic, who held his glass-axe (which he looted from the dead battlemage) about his shoulder.

"I am En'Fel from Zainab. We come in urgency need and wish to speak with your Ashkahn."

"You will speak to me," said the Ahemussa ashlander. He turned to Arak, "You look familiar, do I know you from somewhere? Does the name Sedrane Mirpal mean anything to you?"

(OOC: Background info I got from Minque is that who guys share each others eyes, and Serene was good friends with Sedrane Mirpal, so he saw familiarity in your character but couldn't quite place it)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Sep 2 2005, 04:01 AM
Post #37

Councilor
Group Icon

Akar

Akar held his hand out for a long time, before realizing that En'fel wasn't going to accept it. He put that hand to use, setting his pipe inside his pack.

Arrogant bastarde. he thought, but soon berated himself. Maybe it just is not the ashlander way to shake hands... he told himself.

During the swim, he had become quite bored, but his interest was peaked when he was apparently recognized, and then assaulted with questions.

"No, I don't think we've met, and I don't believe I know anyone by that name." Akar said, holding out his hand. This would prove whether or not En'fel was indeed an arrogant bastarde. "I'm Akar Vantinius."

This post has been edited by Dantrag: Sep 2 2005, 04:02 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
DoomedOne
post Sep 2 2005, 04:21 AM
Post #38

Master
Group Icon

Sedrane took his hand and gave a tight hand-shake. "What is your business here?"

"The Telvanni have conquered our Grazelands," En'Fel cut in.

Sedrane turned rudely to En'Fel, "We know," he said.

"Did you know they are trying to exterminate us?"

Sedrane looked highly annoyed, more interested in Akar than En'Fel. "No, we did not, but we know they moved in our camp about two weeks ago. We were already gone."

"How long have you been here?" En'Fel asked before Sedrane could continue his conversation with Akar.

"That's not your business," Sedrane answered.

"You know we've hunted everywhere for your people."

"A pity. Now then, Akar, our Wise Woman is not here right now, but when she returns I'm sure she will want to speak with you."

"And what of us?" En'Fel asked.

"Well, what do you want?" Sedrane asked flatly.

En'Fel was caught off guard. He stared at Sedrane, trying to formulate his words without sounding foolish. Anything he said would bounce off Sedrane, so it was futile. "We need help."

"Help to do what?"

En'Fel sighed, "May I please speak with your ashkhan?" he asked.

"We have no ashkhan, you can speak to me, or you can leave," Sedrane said. There was a slight pause, "Now, help with what?"

"We need support for our war efforts," En'Fel put at last, "Food, supplies, medicine... warriors--"

"No," Sedrane said.

"Will you ignore the plight of the Ashlanders?!" En'Fel asked in an angrier tone.

"The plight of Zainab! We are thinking about what is best for Ahemussa, and that is not best for Zainab!"

"And what will you do when the Telvanni discover you? Will you hide within your shrine and regret ignoring us?"

"They will not find us," Sedrane retorted.

"I did," En'Fel stated. Sedrane had nothing to say to this.

"You," he said looking at Akar, "You may come within our Shrine, your companions must wait here for your return."

(OOC: You need to RP your own visit in the shrine, or you can just skip it and go straight to coming back out)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Sep 2 2005, 04:29 AM
Post #39

Councilor
Group Icon

"Thank you." Akar said to Sedrane, suddenly deciding that his earlier thoughts of En'fel weren't too far off.

He followed the dunmer into the shrine, with the intention of helping out his newly found companions, even if they didn't like him too much.

"I can't help but wonder why you are so interested in me." Akar said. "I'm not used to interest that isn't hand in hand with cintempt."

Sedrane laughed at that. "You look like someone I met years ago..." he said, getting a glazed look in his eyes.

"May I ask who?" Akar asked.

"An old friend." Sedrane replied vaguely.

"You know they are right." he said, changing the subject.

"Who? Oh, your companions. The Ahemussa has no business with the Zainab, and nothing you say will change that." Sedrane said flatly.

Akar stayed silent for a second before deciding that he had already been here too long. "Obviously you guessed my intent, and you aren't interested in my proposal, so it's past time I leave." he said, walking out of the shrine, muttering something about how stupid the ashlanders could be. Why did he always choose such strange company?

Because he himself was strange, more than likely.

--------------------
+Quote Post
DoomedOne
post Sep 2 2005, 04:38 AM
Post #40

Master
Group Icon

(OOC: Dantrag, because you're asleep I'll be filling in for what your character would say)

"It is such a meaningless game of politics they play!" En'Fel ranted to his companions. "You know they know they need help. Their wise woman knows it, too, she just has some lap dog waving people off. It's all a game of politics, they just want something they can get out of the deal, that's it! They want something from us! What are we supposed to give except for some real warriors they can fight beside? We have nothing! We're hanging on by a string!"

"I'm back," Akar said. En'Fel hadn't noticed his return.

"What did they want?" En'Fel asked.

"Nothing, and they won't help so I left."

En'Fel considered this. "Akar," he said, using Akar's name for the first time. "We have no reason to stay then. We'll camp here tonight and then head straight for the Urshilaku tomorrow. That will be a longer journey, luckily they have no hiding place so we should find them quicker. In the mean time, rest easy everybody, it will be a hot day tomorrow."

--------------------

+Quote Post

11 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 10:25 PM