Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Walk or Run?, How do yours like to travel?
Renee
post Jan 25 2023, 02:29 PM
Post #1

Councilor
Group Icon

I can't remember how to make a poll; don't see the options. laugh.gif But no matter. There's only like 20 of us here these days at the most. cool.gif Here's a few questions to pass the time.

1). Do your characters like to mostly walk, or mostly run? Or... do you see this more as a "player" thing?

2). What about Fast-Travel?

3). Do you characters use mounts?

-------------------------------------

1). Mostly my gals & guys walk, with the main exception being if they're getting chased, or occasionally I'll roll somebody who just likes to run, especially around "safe" areas such as Vivec where there's a lot of ground to travel, yet zero enemies.

I have (or have had) a few who prefer to actually sneak a lot as they travel. ph34r.gif These sorts are usually archers or rogues, who often use terrain features to hide behind as they move from point A to B. Obviously, these characters move slower than the ones who simply travel the roads. But they also usually deal with less enemies along the way.

Otherwise, they're mostly walking. And this is partially because the Player (ME) enjoys the journey sometimes more than the destination. I enjoy the scenery, the random encounters, all the places found along the way which are new, or we've forgotten about.

2). Rarely do most of mine fast-travel. The main exception in Morrowind are the Mages Guild portals. bluewizardsmile.gif Especially if I've got a character who's trying to locate ingredients or potions or whatever on-the-fly, sometimes its best to teleport from guild to guild. But while playing Oblivion or Skyrim, FT almost never happened. I enjoy the journey too much.

In Fallout 3 my Lone Wanderer guy, I installed a Vertibird mod just for him, but I can't get it to work right. It's really buggy. So instead, he'll call up a Vertibird with a special device and then I just use Fast Travel to roleplay him flying to the destination. 🚁

3). Some of them use horses, others prefer traveling on foot. 🐎 I'd say it's a 50/50 split. The games on consoles use horses more often than modded games. On PC most of my characters use horses as pack mules, almost never actually riding them.

That's all for me, how about you?

This post has been edited by Renee: Jan 25 2023, 02:32 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jan 30 2023, 11:00 PM
Post #2

Ancient
Group Icon

My characters generally jog everywhere, because I personally am in a hurry to get them to their destination, lol

My self imposed rules for fast traveling (Skyrim). I only use a wagon/boat to fast travel to a place (Hold capital) I haven’t been before. Then I will only fast travel long distances if I am riding a horse or wagon/boat. I will fast travel if on foot and my destination is relatively close by (like from Lakeview to Falkreath), but long distances are for horses or wagons/boats.

In the Fallout games, I will fast travel depending on how much time I have to play. If I am not pressed for time, I like to walk to places, but if I have only a short amount of time to play, I will fast travel to save time.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Jan 30 2023, 11:03 PM

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 06:24 PM