> Boston Bewilderings, The Fallout 4 "Where are you now?" thread
SubRosa
post Mar 1 2017, 10:56 PM
Post #61

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Mar 1 2017, 02:20 PM) *

QUOTE(Cain @ Mar 1 2017, 01:04 PM) *

Que? Worked last night when I played...changed Luna's hair color.

Yeah, not sure what's going on with it (unless it gets disabled in survival mode?). Was trying to do the free camera thing to take a screenie of Ms. Nguyen after having left Vault111.

I believe the console is disabled in Survival Mode. I have seen some people complain about gun mods where the weapon was only available by the console, and they said that meant that Survival players could not get it.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 1 2017, 11:23 PM
Post #62

Ancient
Group Icon

I started up Annie Ley Oak last week, and adventured around a bit before going to Concord. This time around I scrounged up two power armor frames beforehand, and put together a complete suit before going in. That game actually accounted for someone doing that. There is specific dialogue from both Preston and Sturgis about it. Preston says something like you "came in like a metal saviour". Sturgis remarks that he was going to suggest going up on the roof to get a suit of powered armor, but since you already have one...

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Mar 2 2017, 06:10 PM
Post #63

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 1 2017, 04:23 PM) *

I started up Annie Ley Oak last week, and adventured around a bit before going to Concord. This time around I scrounged up two power armor frames beforehand, and put together a complete suit before going in. That game actually accounted for someone doing that. There is specific dialogue from both Preston and Sturgis about it. Preston says something like you "came in like a metal saviour". Sturgis remarks that he was going to suggest going up on the roof to get a suit of powered armor, but since you already have one...

Lol, Annie Ley Oak? Is one of her distant ancestors Annie Oakley? tongue.gif

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 3 2017, 12:17 AM
Post #64

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Mar 2 2017, 12:10 PM) *

Most of the time I name my characters after goddesses or people from myth and legend. But with the Fallout games I sometimes get away from that and look for names with a more modern feel: Like Holland Smith or Molly Hatchet. I first played Annie in New Vegas, so I was looking for a Western-themed name. I had already used Lonesome Dove, so that was out. I was looking for various female gun fighters, and came down to Calamity Jane and Annie Oakley. After a little magic on the last name, Annie Ley Oak was born. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Mar 3 2017, 02:09 AM
Post #65

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 2 2017, 05:17 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Mar 2 2017, 12:10 PM) *

Most of the time I name my characters after goddesses or people from myth and legend. But with the Fallout games I sometimes get away from that and look for names with a more modern feel: Like Holland Smith or Molly Hatchet. I first played Annie in New Vegas, so I was looking for a Western-themed name. I had already used Lonesome Dove, so that was out. I was looking for various female gun fighters, and came down to Calamity Jane and Annie Oakley. After a little magic on the last name, Annie Ley Oak was born. smile.gif

Well, she was badass! Great person to name a character after!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Kane
post Mar 3 2017, 05:52 PM
Post #66

Master
Group Icon

After playing this game for well over a year, I only just discovered the 4 or 5 gourd plants behind the first house on the way into Concord. I've always made my way to Abernathy farm for Tatos when I help out Sturges.

This post has been edited by Cain: Mar 3 2017, 05:52 PM

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Mar 3 2017, 06:08 PM
Post #67

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Cain @ Mar 3 2017, 10:52 AM) *

After playing this game for well over a year, I only just discovered the 4 or 5 gourd plants behind the first house on the way into Concord. I've always made my way to Abernathy farm for Tatos when I help out Sturges.

Lol, good ol' Bethesda games! So full of stuff to discover! Did you know there are a bunch of gourd plants behind the "Doomsday Prepper's" house, about halfway to the creek? Also there is a combat knife in the little boat on the lake front near Sanctuary (though sometimes it falls through the boat).

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Kane
post Mar 3 2017, 06:20 PM
Post #68

Master
Group Icon

Dang, I didn't know about those gourds either! mellow.gif I think I did find the knife once, though. Not that it helped. I can't really get into melee in Fallout.

Too much fun with guns. biggrin.gif

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Mar 3 2017, 06:51 PM
Post #69

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Cain @ Mar 3 2017, 11:20 AM) *

Dang, I didn't know about those gourds either! mellow.gif I think I did find the knife once, though. Not that it helped. I can't really get into melee in Fallout.

Too much fun with guns. biggrin.gif

Well in my honest opinion, melee Combat in F4 isn't very good, period.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Kane
post Mar 3 2017, 06:58 PM
Post #70

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Mar 3 2017, 12:51 PM) *

I think I just got bored of the weapons. None of them really made me embrace the lack of guns.

I prefer strutting around the Commonwealth with a sniper rifle, a second rifle with a reflex scope, and a pistol for close quarters.

This post has been edited by Cain: Mar 3 2017, 06:59 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Mar 3 2017, 07:18 PM
Post #71

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Cain @ Mar 3 2017, 11:58 AM) *

I think I just got bored of the weapons. None of them really made me embrace the lack of guns.

I prefer strutting around the Commonwealth with a sniper rifle, a second rifle with a reflex scope, and a pistol for close quarters.

Yeah or a shot gun!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Kane
post Mar 3 2017, 07:57 PM
Post #72

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Mar 3 2017, 01:18 PM) *

Yeah or a shot gun!

I keep a shotgun on hand for the dangerous places. biggrin.gif Usually anytime I go into the Glowing Sea, or a place that will have a lot of baddies. Love the combat shotgun with a drum mag.

And if you have an incendiary, explosive, or wounding shotgun? Ho Lee Chit. cool.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Rihanae
post Mar 3 2017, 09:46 PM
Post #73

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(Cain @ Mar 3 2017, 06:57 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Mar 3 2017, 01:18 PM) *

Yeah or a shot gun!

I keep a shotgun on hand for the dangerous places. biggrin.gif Usually anytime I go into the Glowing Sea, or a place that will have a lot of baddies. Love the combat shotgun with a drum mag.

And if you have an incendiary, explosive, or wounding shotgun? Ho Lee Chit. cool.gif

Matty uses melee exclusively, but I do agree. I find melee strangled overpowered against most foes. These days Matty has a rifle on hand to add a bit of flavour to fights.

Currently Matty is working on Vault 88... which is a lot harder than I thought it would be! I think I might download far harbour soon and start on that.
+Quote Post
Kane
post Mar 3 2017, 09:49 PM
Post #74

Master
Group Icon

Ooh, definitely need to get Fah Hahbah. So much win in that DLC. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Cain: Mar 3 2017, 09:50 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 3 2017, 11:21 PM
Post #75

Ancient
Group Icon

Melee is very powerful, especially in VATS. When making sneak attacks with the Ninja perk, it is just insane. Elektra was doing about 5,000 point of damage that way in one hit.

But the blocking is where it really fails for me. They changed the way blocks work. Now you press the block key and it plays an animation of you blocking for a few seconds. Then you drop the block. So you have to time your block perfectly when people attack. If you get swarmed by multiple opponents (as ferals tend to do), you literally cannot block them all, as it won't last long enough. There seems to be a delay between pushing the block button and you actually blocking, so it is really hard.

It is strange, since this is not only the same company that gave us the Elder Scrolls games, but using the same engine (at least the same engine as in Skyrim 64-bit). So clearly they know how make a game with melee weapons. But they seem to forget everything they know between games.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Mar 6 2017, 06:29 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Rihanae
post Mar 4 2017, 09:27 AM
Post #76

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 3 2017, 10:21 PM) *

Melee is very powerful, especially in VATS. When making sneak attacks with the Ninja perk, it is just insane. Elektra was doing abut 5,000 point of damage that way in one hit.

But the blocking is where it really fails for me. They changed the way blocks work. Now you press the block key and it plays an animation of you blocking for a few seconds. Then you drop the block. So you have to time your block perfectly when people attack. If you get swarmed by multiple opponents (as ferals tend to do), you literally cannot block them all, as it won't last long enough. There seems to be a delay between pushing the block button and you actually blocking, so it is really hard.

It is strange, since this is not only the same company that gave us the Elder Scrolls games, but using the same engine (at least the same engine as in Skyrim 64-bit). So clearly they know how make a game with melee weapons. But they seem to forget everything they know between games.

I agree. I get that they're obviously trying to emphasise guns more than melee for this game... but it still seems odd that they provide no challenge for being a melee fighter.

My vault 88 is going well. It's pretty basic atm as I'm still getting the hang of how building vaults works, but I'm enjoying it. I'll post a video of my vault once it's finished smile.gif
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Mar 5 2017, 01:06 AM
Post #77

Ancient
Group Icon

Backstory: Kim-Ly Pham Nguyen

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Mar 5 2017, 03:26 AM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 5 2017, 02:02 AM
Post #78

Ancient
Group Icon

Very cool back story. Another Great War veteran, just like my FO3 character Holland Smith.

It might be easier to read if it was not all in one giant paragraph though...

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Mar 5 2017, 02:15 AM
Post #79

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 4 2017, 07:02 PM) *

Very cool back story. Another Great War veteran, just like my FO3 character Holland Smith.

It might be easier to read if it was not all in one giant paragraph though...

Lol, yeah, Khajiit was going to do that but then he forgot (he had been working on that since 2:30PM because he kept getting interrupted). This one will fix it.

*Edit: Update*
Backstory now with easier to read paragraphs!

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Mar 5 2017, 02:20 AM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 5 2017, 03:40 AM
Post #80

Ancient
Group Icon

There is a character topic here that you could update. Toward the bottom of the first page Renee posted a blank template to copy and paste from.

--------------------
+Quote Post

13 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 03:52 AM