13 Pages V « < 9 10 11 12 13 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Boston Bewilderings, The Fallout 4 "Where are you now?" thread
SubRosa
post Aug 5 2019, 02:05 PM
Post #201

Ancient
Group Icon

You might be thinking of Benicio del Toro, but he is kind of slender.

Vinnie is definitely in a tight spot. He has to rise to the occasion and become a Raider Capo, or be the next victim...

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 5 2019, 07:54 PM
Post #202

Councilor
Group Icon

Yeah, Benicio could be the guy.

That sounds really intense... so in fact he becomes the leader, but how is he supposed to effectively lead if he can't always get a grasp on what's going on outside? indifferent.gif

Like the part where it says they laugh at his clothes. smile.gif They probably won't be laughing for long...

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 5 2019, 09:29 PM
Post #203

Ancient
Group Icon

Unless you mean Javier Bardem?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Aug 8 2019, 08:01 AM
Post #204

Master
Group Icon

It's neither of the two, the guy I have in mind, is much older, he should be in 70s now, maybe he's even 80 years old. He wasn't famous like del Toro or Bardem, he used to play in some US movies, but most of the time he played in Mexican movies.

@SubRosa - so far exploring Nuka-World has been fun. Vinnie & Gage haven't yet visited any of the big parks, instead they ventured south of the amusement park, discovering lone homesteads, abandoned houses, the Grandchester Mansion etc.

@Renee - you're in fact not trapped in Nuka-World but I roleplay that he can't leave to make things more...immersive. Neither do other raiders laugh at his clothes but I like to imagine that they do.

---

After meeting with the bosses of Nuka-World raiders, Vinnie "Slugger" Sinistra and his second-in-command Porter Gage left the amusement park behind and went out to explore the region. Though Porter has been in Nuka-World for years, he hasn't explored much of the park's surroundings and though he thought that they should head immediately to one of smaller parks and take it over, Slugger insisted that he wanted to get a feel of the region first. And Slugger was the boss, so Gage kept his mouth respectfully silent. One thing puzzled him, however, and it wasn't just his boss' funny choice of clothes. It was obvious that Slugger was skilled with weapons yet Gage got a feeling that he's seeing some creatures for the first time. He'd often say "What the f*** is that?" as they encountered mirelurks, super-mutants and radscorpions. Quite unusual, thought Gage, considering that his boss was in late 50s and he should have seen all of these creatures by now. His boss also had an affinity for some cigars which he called Cuban cigars, but what the hell means "Cuban"? When asked, Slugger'd put a cynic smile on his face, and said that Cuban means being from Cuba, and that all of these fine cigars were made in Havana, the capital of Cuba. Gage had no idea what he was rambling about and he didn't question his boss any further, but sometimes he got a feeling that Vinnie "Slugger" Sinistra was from another world. Or maybe he just got too many blows to his head.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 8 2019, 02:54 PM
Post #205

Councilor
Group Icon

Ha! They have no idea their boss was frozen for 200+ years, and it sounds like he's not about to explain this!

Here are some Seinfeld Cuban clips. Because like I was saying. Cuban cigars are a big deal here, and I think they may have even been illegal in the States for a long time!

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 8 2019, 06:10 PM
Post #206

Ancient
Group Icon

That's not the guy who played Tuco in The Good Bad and The Ugly, and the bandit leader in the Magnificent Seven. Eli Wallach? Though he is Jewish, not Hispanic.

Porter Gage might be right on both counts. Vinnie is from another world, and he probably did take too many blows to the head.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 8 2019, 08:36 PM
Post #207

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 8 2019, 01:10 PM) *

That's not the guy who played Tuco in The Good Bad and The Ugly,

*smacks head*

I knew there was a bell ringing in there!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Aug 8 2019, 08:47 PM
Post #208

Master
Group Icon

Yeah, that's the one, but I mixed some things up, I was 100% sure that he of a Mexican descent. He's not similar to Vinnie in all of his roles, but I remember some of his faces and poses that remind me of Vinnie. Like this one.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Aug 11 2019, 06:27 PM
Post #209

Master
Group Icon

If asked, Porter Gage would kill all those suckers trying to survive on their own outside Nuka-World. But his boss Vinnie "Slugger" Sinistra obviously didn't share his point of view. It seemed to Gage that if anyone talked rudely to Vinnie, they sentenced themselves to immediate death. Maybe that was why Vinnie didn't kill Evan, the lone hermit living on the outskirts of Nuka-World, because the guy was kind and didn't offend Vinnie. And maybe that was why Vinnie mercilessly killed one of ex-Gunners, as soon as she told him that she's very distrustful of strangers and that he should back off. All in all, Gage liked Vinnie much more than Colter, the only real thing which bothered him, was Vinnie's obvious addiction to alcohol and cigarettes. Gage himself never drank any alcohol, neither did he smoke, but his boss couldn't resist either of these sins. He'd occasionally comment on Vinnie's excessive drinking, but his boss would always have even more to say in return. That was how their dialogue looked like. One said something, the other one either disagreed or repeated the same sentence with different words. If Gage said "this battle was difficult", Vinnie'd say "no, this battle was f****** difficult". If Vinnie said "let's have a break", Gage'd say "to drink and smoke, I guess?". And though neither of them would admit it to each other, both Gage and Vinnie actually enjoyed each other's company.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 13 2019, 03:01 AM
Post #210

Councilor
Group Icon

Hey, so Gage is a raider, but also a teetotaler! See, that's how he got to the top. What about all the other raiders below them?

Gage and Vinnie sound like The Odd Couple (show from the 1970s). Gage = Oscar and Vinnie = Felix. Or maybe the other way around. Basically, one of them was a slob, the other super-clean. One of them smoked (I think) the other detested the smell of ash. One of them upheld common social standards, the other could care less. Et cetera.

Except the way they dress is opposite. The slob dressed sloppily on the show, whereas Vinnie (the slob, sort of) dresses more upscale. I think so, any way.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Aug 17 2019, 11:44 AM
Post #211

Master
Group Icon

@Renee - other raiders can be seen smoking or drinking, not all of them, however. I guess animations played on them are random. Gage doesn't smoke or drink, though. Each them Vinnie drinks, a message "Gage disliked that" appears in a top left corner, followed by his commentary. As a result, Vinnie has been drinking less as of late.

---

“Got you covered, boss,” shouted Gage as Vinnie and the deathclaw were running against each other, both of them hoping to be the one that strikes first. Gage met lots of courageous raiders, but Vinnie beat them all. But he wasn’t just courageous, he was crazy and sly at the same time, thought Gage. While he would attack enemies from a distance with his automatic rifle, Vinnie “Slugger” Sinistra would attack them directly with the super sledge. Speaking of, Gage wanted to suggest Vinnie to be renamed to Sledge instead of Slugger, but in the end decided not to say anything. His boss would very rarely resort to his .44 revolver, mostly just for getting attention of faraway enemies. As they came closer, he’d smash them with the super sledge. His boss also had a habit of naming his weapons, noticed Gage. Ever since he installed a heating coil on the super sledge, he called it El Gasolin. His modified .44 revolver he called Hugo II.

If there was another thing, because of which Gage liked traveling with Vinnie, it was his cooking skills. Whether it was deathclaw or radscorpion steaks, yao-guai ribs or even roasted bloodworms, Vinnie knew how to prepare it all. It was so delicious that even Gage gained a few pounds. As Vinnie told Gage, he also knew how to prepare dog steaks, because when he was a kid, they didn’t have anything to eat on streets of Havana, so they needed to eat dogs. Gage still didn’t know where this Havana was, but probably it was just another settlement in the wasteland. Still, Gage wasn't too keen on eating dogs.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 17 2019, 05:14 PM
Post #212

Ancient
Group Icon

I can't handle dog steaks in Fallout 4 either. Even though it is just a game. So I am with Gage. And Baked Bloafly! ohmy.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 18 2019, 01:08 AM
Post #213

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 17 2019, 12:14 PM) *
. And Baked Bloafly! ohmy.gif

Roasted bloodworms, yicch!!!!

I like how Gage thinks Havana is just some place in the Wasteland. biggrin.gif He probably wonders what the heck Vinnie is rambling about.

another cool thing is the way they tag-team enemies. Gage handles the far away shots while Vinnie gets up close & personal. Hopefully Gage don't shoot the Slugger in his back!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Aug 20 2019, 01:19 PM
Post #214

Master
Group Icon

@SubRosa - Vinnie prefers other steaks over dog steaks but if there's nothing else to eat, he'll satisfy his belly with dog steaks as well.

@Renee - your follower can hurt you in FO4 but Vinnie has taken some perk when leveling up, which makes Gage more damage resistant and he can no longer hurt Vinnie.

---

Now it all made perfect sense to Porter Gage! His boss was over two hundred years old! No wonder that radscorpions, super mutants and other creatures were new to him, if he spent the last 200 years frozen in some vault. After killing Oswald, the magician from Kiddie Kingdom, Vinnie "Slugger" Sinistra told Gage that he had just killed the man, that was probably as old as himself. Confused at first, Gage didn't need to ask more, because Vinnie told him the story of his life, so now Gage finally learned more not just about Vinnie, but also about Havana, Cuba, Cuban cigars and the odd langauge Vinnie used for cursing. He also learned of a so called witness-protection program, about which Gage'd occasionally read in books that survived the war.

"How about your family, boss? Had any kids?"

"My wife and daughter were included in the same program as me. They were supposed to arrive two weeks later to Sanctuary Hills. But bombs fell first. Even if they survived, they're death by now. Or even worse...maybe they've become ghouls. I'd rather die than become a ghoul. I'd rather kill my own family than see them turned into ghouls!"

"Me too, boss. Just so you know...your secret is safe with me."

"I didn't even doubt it."

Without further words, Gage and Vinnie left Kiddie Kingdom behind.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 20 2019, 02:06 PM
Post #215

Ancient
Group Icon

So, when do we get to meet Vinnie's ghoul family? biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 20 2019, 05:40 PM
Post #216

Councilor
Group Icon

After killing Oswald, the magician from Kiddie Kingdom,

This made me laugh! laugh.gif Killing and Kiddie Kingdom should not be in the same sentence.

Yes I bet Gage had all sorts of questions about the mysterious middle-aged guy from Havana. I hope his family are not ghouls. Yuck

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Aug 23 2019, 03:23 PM
Post #217

Master
Group Icon

@SubRosa - maybe we already met ghoulified Sinistras but Vinnie killed them.

@Renee - now that you brought it up, using the word killing followed by kiddie kingdom, is unusual indeed. laugh.gif

---

"You're lucky Nisha's in charge. If it were up to me, you'd be dead by now."

"You better rethink your choices unless you're a fan of watching your back."

"You know, in a lot of instances, poor life choices will get you killed."

Vinnie "Slugger" Sinistra was barely holding back not to smash heads of the Disciples tossing such rude remarks at him, but by now he knew that openly attacking raiders inside Nuka-Town was prohibited and if he'd done this, he'd disobey the unwritten code of Nuka raiders. The same goes for the Disciples - if they attacked him openly, they'd sentence themselves to death and the opposing raider groups could attack them. But it was no wonder that the Disciples outright despised him - Vinnie liberated already three of five Nuka-World parks but didn't assign a single one of them to the Disciples. The Galactic Zone was given to the Operators, while the Kiddie Kingdom and the Safari Adventure were given to the Pack. And according to some rumors, the remaining two parks will be assigned to the Operators, which means that the Disciples won't be getting a single park. Plenty of high-ranking Disciples were ready to stab Vinnie in the back in his sleep, but Nisha, their leader, was calming them down, though with more and more efforts. She was hoping that the rumors aren't true and that the Disciples will get a park to control in the end. If not, Nisha was prepared to disobey the rules and kill Vinnie, whether openly or from shadows, caring little for the code of Nuka-World.

Little did she know that it was in fact Vinnie's plan not to give a single park to the Disciples. As soon as he met them, Vinnie "Slugger" Sinistra hated the Disciples and their mindless brutality, joined with their love for blood. Vinnie was a criminal, a mobster, a pre-war crime lord, but gangs that reveled in blood and mutilations, made him sick. Vinnie couldn't wait for Nisha to lose her patience so he'll finish her off and her gang once and for all.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 23 2019, 10:02 PM
Post #218

Ancient
Group Icon

Looks like Vinnie is going to do some house-cleaning!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Aug 29 2019, 07:47 AM
Post #219

Master
Group Icon

@SubRosa - Vinnie will bring some discipline to the Disciples.

Vinnie “Slugger” Sinistra and Porter Gage had rootin’-tootin’ good time killing bloodworms in Dry Rock Gulch and the next morning another flag made its way on a top of the flagpole – the park was given to the Operators. Slow but steady, it seemed to enslaved traders that the entire Nuka-World amusement park will be entirely controlled by raiders. But compared to Colter, new Overboss Sinistra was much more "popular" among traders. As long as one kept his mouth shut around him, the new Overboss actually wasn’t as “bad” and didn’t torture or humiliate them for the sake of his own pleasure. And if rumors, that were shuffling between traders, were true, he intended to eradicate Nisha and her gang of Disciples. Neither of them dared to say it aloud, but all of them were hoping that this was true, because the Disciples were the cruelest gang of them all.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 31 2019, 06:26 PM
Post #220

Councilor
Group Icon

How neat. So flags get added as more captures get made. And no flags are going to those Disciples. Yeah because they go a little too far in Vinnie's opinion.

Basically, Vinnie is not as bad as Card Killer. Or Rattler. :evil: Maybe even less evil than Deeno. Deeno is the guy who blew up Megaton in Lopovworld, after all, and Vinnie doesn't seem like he'd do this. Megaton has plenty of good food, after all.

--------------------
+Quote Post

13 Pages V « < 9 10 11 12 13 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:34 PM