22 Pages V « < 17 18 19 20 21 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dreams, dreams we've had inspired by videogames :lol:
Lena Wolf
post May 27 2021, 03:38 PM
Post #361

Mouth
Group Icon

Well, I spent some time making a Sanguine mod, then having Lena go up to High Hrothgar and needing help with the frost troll (that I initially forgot about, hence the need for back-up). That took a few runs to get right.

Then as I fell asleep, my brain decided to replay that, and "fix" a few issues. You know how brains are... all independent. So I had another adventure with Sanguine up High Hrothgar mountain. It's all clear of frost trolls now. biggrin.gif

--------------------
"What is life's greatest illusion?"
"Innocence, my brother."

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
macole
post May 27 2021, 05:08 PM
Post #362

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lena_Wolf @ May 27 2021, 09:38 AM) *

Then as I fell asleep, my brain decided to replay that, and "fix" a few issues. You know how brains are... all independent.

Well, I know how my brain works... I wake up and can't remember how I saved the world.

This post has been edited by macole: May 27 2021, 06:46 PM

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
Endure and through enduring grow strong.
+Quote Post
Renee
post May 27 2021, 05:12 PM
Post #363

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lena_Wolf @ May 27 2021, 10:38 AM) *

You know how brains are... all independent.

Yes, I can remember some scientists used to say we only use 10% of our brainpower or something. I'd say this number goes up as we're dreaming. I've recited poetry (and I mean, full poems with rhyming stanzas, apparently spontaneously composed) while dreaming, I've been able to understand the 4th dimension, I've had all sorts of lucid dreams in which I can fly at will / walk through walls and so on. sleep.gif

Anyway, glad you have a creative dreaming mind as well. smile.gif Now if we can get mirocu to have something other than a DOOM 3 dream...

Lena, I am just noticing that in the opening post of this thread, I became a wolf! blink.gif

This post has been edited by Renee: May 28 2021, 01:53 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post May 27 2021, 05:29 PM
Post #364

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ May 27 2021, 05:12 PM) *

Yes, I can remember some scientists used to say we only use 10% of our brainpower or something. I'd say this number goes up as we're dreaming. I've recited poetry (and I mean, full poems) while dreaming, I've been able to understand the 4th dimension, I've had all sorts of lucid dreams in which I can fly at will / walk through walls and so on. sleep.gif

Anyway, glad you have a creative dreaming mind as well. smile.gif Now if we can get mirocu to have something other than a DOOM 3 dream...

Sometimes in my dreams I am speaking a foreign language which in reality I have long forgotten or never got to a sufficiently high level... And I can even understand myself! But after I wake up, I'd need an interpreter... ohmy.gif Weird, weird, weird. And no, this is not fiction.

Lena, I am just noticing that in the opening post of this thread, I became a wolf! blink.gif

Welcome to the pack, then! biggrin.gif Wolves are fascinating creatures, and so intelligent - always hang out with vampires. ohmy.gif

Oh - I meant to ask. Is that your alter ego or an entirely different person who accidentally has the same name as your questing hero?

This post has been edited by Lena_Wolf: May 27 2021, 05:30 PM

--------------------
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
Decrepit
post May 27 2021, 06:55 PM
Post #365

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lena_Wolf @ May 27 2021, 11:29 AM) *

Sometimes in my dreams I am speaking a foreign language which in reality I have long forgotten or never got to a sufficiently high level... And I can even understand myself! But after I wake up, I'd need an interpreter... ohmy.gif Weird, weird, weird. And no, this is not fiction.

I've had several dreams along this line, none in years, concerning music. In the dreams I'm listening to, or performing, a work for (symphonic) band or orchestra. My dream-self knows what it is. Waking, I realize the music was created by me on the spot. Though I proceed to forget it in seconds, I do remember it as being passably decent.

My most memorable such dream had to have occurred between 2000 and 2005. Why? In real life mom was still alive, but dad had passed. Only during those years was that the case. Anyway, in the dream I had driven mom to a big government building for an appointment. Our car was parked on the 'near' side of the street. Walking from car to building, I heard the sound of music nearby. I then noticed an outcrop of the building we were headed for. The outcrop had wide stairs leading down to double doors. The dream erased mom at this point. I entered those doors, to see a large symphony orchestra onstage. They were in the midst of performing what had to be a symphony. I caught what I remember to be almost the whole of a Scherzo-like movement, followed by a decent chunk of Finale. It reminded me very much of Robert Schumann. Very good Robert Schumann. Waking, I immediately knew that I had never heard that music in my awake life!

As with such dreams, within seconds the music began to vanish, as if carried away on a breeze. I managed to latch on to one 'heroic' theme in the brass, and began humming it. I quickly left the bed and headed straight to the computer room, there to write down that theme, hoping to reconstruct at least a portion of the music. Alas. By the time I reached my destination the humming had stopped. That 'heroic' theme too was lost.

Though I recall not one note of music, the dream itself remains visually vivid these years later.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post May 28 2021, 02:00 PM
Post #366

Councilor
Group Icon

Decrepit -- that's what I'm talking about. Our mind can compose all sorts of things on-the-spot. What an incredible story.

QUOTE(Lena_Wolf @ May 27 2021, 12:29 PM) *

Oh - I meant to ask. Is that your alter ego or an entirely different person who accidentally has the same name as your questing hero?

I think you are asking about my name? My real first name is Renee, but I joined this site as Lady Saga (because she was new back then, and I thought it was a cool name). Later on it began to bother me because Saga is one of my characters, not me. nono.gif Renee Gade -- my name over in Beth's forums, is/was one of my characters, but my real last name is not Gade. biggrin.gif

I think that's what you are asking?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post May 28 2021, 02:17 PM
Post #367

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ May 28 2021, 02:00 PM) *

I think you are asking about my name? My real first name is Renee, but I joined this site as Lady Saga (because she was new back then, and I thought it was a cool name). Later on it began to bother me because Saga is one of my characters, not me. nono.gif Renee Gade -- my name over in Beth's forums, is/was one of my characters, but my real last name is not Gade. biggrin.gif

Yes. So do you have two logins on this forum then? Lady Saga and Renee? Or have you changed your user name but old posts still carry the original one? Sorry, multiple personalities are confusing. wink.gif

--------------------
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
Acadian
post May 28 2021, 06:30 PM
Post #368

Paladin
Group Icon

Yes, Renee has two accounts here - as she said. That is one way to 'change' your user name, but a better way is to ask an Admin to actually change your user name. I say better because that way, all your posts remain under one account. I believe Renee may have been unaware of that option at the time but it is too late now. The reason I mention it is for others who may want to change their user name, an Admin can help with that while preserving everything on one account. smile.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Adella
post May 29 2021, 09:44 PM
Post #369

Evoker

QUOTE(Lena_Wolf @ May 28 2021, 02:17 PM) *

QUOTE(Renee @ May 28 2021, 02:00 PM) *

Yes. So do you have two logins on this forum then? Lady Saga and Renee? Or have you changed your user name but old posts still carry the original one? Sorry, multiple personalities are confusing. wink.gif

Oh dear, well then I shall have to make quite sure my inept, low brow human half does not get in here. In anycase we frequently disagree on issues and I am afraid I simply can’t resist the opportunity to take the upper hand... laugh.gif

A.
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 31 2021, 12:45 PM
Post #370

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Nov 19 2020, 01:54 PM) *

I would PAY to have an Oblivion dream!

Ditto. I haven't dreamed an Oblivion dream since 2012.

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Jan 7 2021, 08:54 AM) *

I had a game-related dream overnight! An MMO. An MMO RPG. A fantacy MMO RPG. A faux fantasy MMO RPG. It was most interesting and well-thought-out. Alas, details have grown too faint to regurgitate. I likely remember having it because it was my final dream of the night, ending when I woke for the day. I prefer erotic dreams when I can get it, but this'll do.

rollinglaugh.gif

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Feb 20 2021, 04:25 PM) *

I've had a few dreams in the past few weeks about Fallout 76's Nuclear Winter mode, the PvP battle royale. (It's incredibly fun, btw). I'm not sure if I was actually in the game, just playing it, or somewhere in between, but I do remember I was doing well. Got Fallout on the mind a lot lately with these (day)dreams, playing Fallout 76, and writing my Fallout: Florida storyline.

I probably need to get this game just so I can hear your damn voice again, laugh.gif

QUOTE(mirocu @ May 2 2021, 03:14 AM) *

I actually had an Oblivion dream this night! ohmy.gif First one evah! ohmy.gif ohmy.gif (I phink)

Not much happened though. I was in Bruma, it was night and I walked into a typical Bruma small house. Went out again after awhile whereupon the dream changed.

Did the cellar in it have a mysterious skill book for murdering types? Lol. I'm jealous; I would LOVE an Oblivion dream! That was such a simpler time, right?

QUOTE(mirocu @ May 8 2021, 02:16 PM) *

I'm starting to think maybe we play games just a bit too much rollinglaugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif

viking.gif viking.gif viking.gif

"Them's fightin' words!!!"

QUOTE(Decrepit @ May 27 2021, 10:32 AM) *

I envy those who have 'game dreams'. Closest I come is a rare dream during which gaming is somehow 'depicted'. In the dream, I know what game it is. Awake, I realize it bears little resemblance to any game I've actually played, other than invariably being RPGish. What's likely to happen is that the dream begins as a first-person fantasy adventure, with me as an active participant. It at some point morphs into me observing an RPG type game or game-like environment.

Wait; then if you have an erotic dream; what does that subject morph into? laugh.gif (just kidding).

QUOTE(Lena_Wolf @ May 27 2021, 10:38 AM) *

Well, I spent some time making a Sanguine mod, then having Lena go up to High Hrothgar and needing help with the frost troll (that I initially forgot about, hence the need for back-up). That took a few runs to get right.

Then as I fell asleep, my brain decided to replay that, and "fix" a few issues. You know how brains are... all independent. So I had another adventure with Sanguine up High Hrothgar mountain. It's all clear of frost trolls now. biggrin.gif

Lol, you are a productive sleeper!

QUOTE(Decrepit @ May 27 2021, 01:55 PM) *

QUOTE(Lena_Wolf @ May 27 2021, 11:29 AM) *

I've had several dreams along this line, none in years, concerning music. In the dreams I'm listening to, or performing, a work for (symphonic) band or orchestra. My dream-self knows what it is. Waking, I realize the music was created by me on the spot. Though I proceed to forget it in seconds, I do remember it as being passably decent.

My most memorable such dream had to have occurred between 2000 and 2005. Why? In real life mom was still alive, but dad had passed. Only during those years was that the case. Anyway, in the dream I had driven mom to a big government building for an appointment. Our car was parked on the 'near' side of the street. Walking from car to building, I heard the sound of music nearby. I then noticed an outcrop of the building we were headed for. The outcrop had wide stairs leading down to double doors. The dream erased mom at this point. I entered those doors, to see a large symphony orchestra onstage. They were in the midst of performing what had to be a symphony. I caught what I remember to be almost the whole of a Scherzo-like movement, followed by a decent chunk of Finale. It reminded me very much of Robert Schumann. Very good Robert Schumann. Waking, I immediately knew that I had never heard that music in my awake life!

As with such dreams, within seconds the music began to vanish, as if carried away on a breeze. I managed to latch on to one 'heroic' theme in the brass, and began humming it. I quickly left the bed and headed straight to the computer room, there to write down that theme, hoping to reconstruct at least a portion of the music. Alas. By the time I reached my destination the humming had stopped. That 'heroic' theme too was lost.

Though I recall not one note of music, the dream itself remains visually vivid these years later.

This is fascinating! Too bad you couldn't write down the notes immediately on waking; or tape record yourself humming the melody; etc. Really interesting!

I have two similar incidents. The first was during my pregnancy for my youngest child. Throughout the entire pregnancy from about the end of the first trimester (about 3 months into the pregnancy) to the end; I was dreaming poetry. I finally got where I kept a notebook and pen by my bed and started logging them as soon as I woke up to try and preserve them = and they were really pretty good! As soon as my son was born; I couldn't string two words together again for years! I always thought it was not me or my brain writing that poetry; but the soul of my son inside me inspiring it.

The other similar incident was a dream I had where I discovered a math formula on par with E=MC squared. It took up a whole blackboard to write it out and show it from beginning to end; but it absolutely worked every time I did it. I was hugely excited by the discovery; and woke myself up to write down that formula (thinking Nobel Prize, lol). Well, I started writing; and as I wrote the dream was fading fast to the point that I couldn't finish writing down the formula beyond the first two lines. I ended up with a gibberish of numbers that made no sense. It was very disheartening at the same time I felt exhilarated by the dream itself.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post May 31 2021, 02:38 PM
Post #371

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lena_Wolf @ May 28 2021, 09:17 AM) *

I don't use Lady Saga anymore, and not for the past 7 years or so, just Renee. smile.gif

QUOTE(mALX @ May 31 2021, 07:45 AM) *

Oh no! Do you remember any of your Oblivion dreams from back in those days? Edit: Wow those dreams you had during pregnancy, and also the math formulae one are incredible!

I had a Fallout 3 dream last night. I was in some bunker or something, and was shooting some gun at an enemy, or something. One of those vague ones, I don't remember. sleep.gif

This post has been edited by Renee: May 31 2021, 02:40 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Pseron Wyrd
post May 31 2021, 03:16 PM
Post #372

Finder
Group Icon

I've only had one dream about a game (that I remember). Back in 2003 I was working on a Morrowind mod I was calling "The Great Odai River Project". This mod aimed to extend the Odai River north through Caldera, joining with the river Samsi and continuing north to the Sea of Ghosts. It also would extend eastwards, joining with Lake Nabia and spilling into Azura's Coast near Tel Fyr.

While I was working on this monstrosity I had a dream about being in Vvardenfell. I don't remember much now. All I remember is being in this fiberglass canoe I used to have as a kid and paddling through the new east branch of the Odai River, gazing up at ancestral tombs and Dwemer Ruins somewhere in the Ashlands. It was a very pleasant dream.
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 31 2021, 03:28 PM
Post #373

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ May 31 2021, 09:38 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ May 31 2021, 07:45 AM) *

Oh no! Do you remember any of your Oblivion dreams from back in those days? Edit: Wow those dreams you had during pregnancy, and also the math formulae one are incredible!

What the Oblivion dreams were 99% because I fell asleep playing and usually walking (I didn't often ride in Oblivion). That music would be playing in the background as I walked; and when you fall asleep the music keeps playing even if the console (XBox 360) went into sleep mode. I would dream walking along the water's edge finding Nirnroots usually, lol.

Yes, I am sure the poetry ones were all my son inside me causing them. The poetry was really good; way better than anything I've ever been able to do. I wish I could find those poems, they were really something! I lost them in my move to my late husband's farm; but I'm sure they are somewhere in my stuff = just not sure where.

The math one to me was my best dream ever. I always loved math; and before the stroke I could do huge math problems/algebra/etc. in my head. It was like a dream come true; but then it turned out it really was just a dream, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jul 11 2021, 09:02 PM
Post #374

Councilor
Group Icon

Last night I was in Skyrim, well, sort of. I was on the mountain where High Hrothgar is located, except in my dream this mountain wasn't so high. sleep.gif Maybe it was 50 feet high in total. So, not too far up.

Usually when I play Skyrim, my main quest character (Sir Vyvoor) would climb the mountain via its actual path. He'd go up those 7000 steps, and come back down those 7000 steps. Never looked for any sort of shortcut. Well in the dream, I was already standing at the top of the 'mountain' and I could see its bottom. So I decided to try taking a cut. Jumped on a boulder, and another boulder (amazing... in real-life I can't jump on anything except maybe a puddle). I walked through some trees, some underbrush, and voila, I was at the mountain's base.

Down here, nothing looked like Skyrim. Normally we'd be in Ivarstead if we walked down the path, or at least some area full of evergreens, or trees which look as though they belong in autumn. Instead I was in some thoroughly modern-looking area. A large lake was before me, full of fishermen using modern rods 'n' reels. There were boats with engines attached (instead of sails) and so on. There was also a very long bridge, which was designed for motorcars & trucks to roll across. It looked like I was in Delaware, perhaps.

A fish was flying through the air. In my mind I identified it as a trout, but now that I think of it, it looked more like a slaughterfish. blink.gif Anyway, I felt bad for this poor fish, floating around, struggling to breathe since its gills were made for water, not air. I kept hoping the fish would make it back into the lake. Eventually it did, partially because I kept willing it to do so, perhaps. That's when I woke up.

Some dreams make no sense, but ow that I'm awake, I totally know what it all means. The mountain has something to do with accomplishments in life, I think. For me, nothing too grand! The lake = our emotional realm, perhaps, and the bridge = my ability to build something out of life / keep away from too much emotional instability.

The fish was me. I once had a therapist who pointed this out in a past dream I had, 10 years or so ago. It's like that saying "I felt like a fish out of water" and that's how things are in my life these days.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Jul 11 2021, 09:38 PM
Post #375

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Jul 11 2021, 09:02 PM) *

The fish was me. I once had a therapist who pointed this out in a past dream I had, 10 years or so ago. It's like that saying "I felt like a fish out of water" and that's how things are in my life these days.

Auww - hugs! Hug_emoticon.gif

But the good news is that you were a slaughterfish and not a trout! viking.gif

--------------------
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
Renee
post Jul 12 2021, 12:53 PM
Post #376

Councilor
Group Icon

Hah, that could be true, Lena. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Jul 12 2021, 02:18 PM
Post #377

Mouth
Group Icon

I was inside an Imperial Fort - either Skyrim or Cyrodiil, can't tell, they are pretty much the same. Probably Skyrim as it was cold. I was hungry and cold, and the presence of ghosts around me didn't help at all. I walked through the fort looking for a way out.

No, wait - I decided. Forts usually have kitchens, which means fire and food, so rather than leave, I should see if I can find something to eat. Now it was definitely Skyrim. I found a fireplace - cold, clammy and empty. No food either. Ugh.

A wolf came up to me - an ice wolf. It stuck its nose into my hand, like a dog, looking at me with its ice blue eyes that seemed to glow. Then it moved away, turning to look back at me, so I followed. I was getting faint with hunger and started to shake from the cold.

No, not cold - I was shivering, cold sweat on my forehead, but it wasn't because I was cold. Black spots were swimming before my eyes - surely they were just caused by the bright spots of candle light? Or..?

Red mist started washing in from the side. No, this had nothing to do with candles.

I followed the wolf into the fort prison - a circular room with cells along the walls. Some held prisoners. One was asleep. I entered his cell, kneeled. His neck had many puncture marks. I added my own.

Red mist and black spots receded as I drank. I would remain faint for a little longer, until my body would have absorbed the blood. I was no longer cold.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The above is not actually just a story. This is a recurring dream - some details vary, but essentially it remains the same. It comes every time when my blood count drops - I have chronic anemia. What I described there, is how I feel, this progresses to fainting. But in real life I don't drink blood smile.gif although the iron-rich solution that I have to inject into my muscle, looks just like blood. So if you are wondering why I sympathise with my vampires... well... now you know.

--------------------
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
Renee
post Jul 12 2021, 07:01 PM
Post #378

Councilor
Group Icon

Wow, that recurs???? blink.gif huh.gif Yikes, that sounds scary. Yes, I know what you mean about feeling faint. I need to go for a doctor checkup myself--it's been awhile, and I know my health ain't too peachy.

Have you ever met any of your characters in your dream? You know, as a separate entity, rather than "you?" sleep.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Jul 12 2021, 07:14 PM
Post #379

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Jul 12 2021, 07:01 PM) *

Wow, that recurs???? blink.gif huh.gif Yikes, that sounds scary.

I've been having this dream since late '70s. Of course there was no Oblivion or Skyrim yet, but forts, ghosts and vampires were already around. wink.gif

Have you ever met any of your characters in your dream? You know, as a separate entity, rather than "you?" sleep.gif

Yes, sometimes. Especially if they are male. biggrin.gif

--------------------
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jul 13 2021, 10:21 AM
Post #380

Spam Meister
Group Icon

I'd be happy to have such elaborate TES dreams instead of the usual crap I get tongue.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post

22 Pages V « < 17 18 19 20 21 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 07:16 PM