Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> February GameInformer cover revealed, Skyrim info inside!
RagingMudcrab
post Jan 7 2011, 12:33 AM
Post #1

Evoker

[UPDATED]

IPB Image

Today's the big day. The newest issue of GameInformer is shipping and we have the cover up and online. Now for that deeper look. Well, for now we just have the front of the magazine, which shows a large emblem of Akavir. The back is where it gets interesting though. We've got text and you've gotta translate it! Or you could just chill the hamster out until somebody else posts it online. That's what I'm doing. I'll be sure to post what it means here though!

Update: Here's the translation:

"Dragonborn Dragonborn
By his honor is sworn
To keep evil forever at bay
And the fiercest foes rout
When they hear triumph's shout
Dragonborn for your blessings we pray

And the scrolls have foretold
Of black wings in the cold
That when brothers wage war come unfurled
Alduin bane of kings
Ancient shadow undound
With a hunger to swallow the world."

So this is the lyrics to the song from the trailer? I was hoping it'd be a bit of bigger info and not just some epic poetry. Oh well, have fun with that!

In the meantime, go to your local GameStop and tell them to give you one of the copies of the latest GameInformer. They've got like 200 copies in the back room just waiting to be put on shelf. Trust me, I worked there.

SOURCE

PS: Protip: the language is Akaviri. Akavir is the "Dragon Land". The characters look like Japanese.

This post has been edited by RagingMudcrab: Jan 7 2011, 12:51 AM

--------------------
"The purpose of morality is to teach you, not to suffer and die, but to enjoy yourself and live." -Ayn Rand

The Great Gate Gazette
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ureniashtram
post Jan 7 2011, 12:46 AM
Post #2

Knower
Group Icon

Well, its not japanese I can tell you that much. (I should know,I'm in Japan)

Its more likely to be Korean.

--------------------
Djinn: What wish would you like to have, young master?
Random dude: SUPA POWAZ!
--
Djinn: Is there anything I could make true, lord?
Old guy: .. Youth and charisma.
--
Djinn: Your heart speaks of wanting. I could make it true, milord.
Me: Hmmm. I wish to know what I want. Then you could hook me up in some insidious deal, spirit.
+Quote Post
Thomas Kaira
post Jan 7 2011, 12:53 AM
Post #3

Mouth
Group Icon

No, it doesn't look like Korean either. Similar, but not alike.

It may be something like the Daedric characters in Oblivion, with made-up letters spelling out plain English words. Maybe we should start there.

EDIT: Ninja'd emot-ninja1.gif

This post has been edited by Thomas Kaira: Jan 7 2011, 12:55 AM

--------------------
Rarely is the question asked, is our children learning?
+Quote Post
RagingMudcrab
post Jan 7 2011, 12:54 AM
Post #4

Evoker

QUOTE(ureniashtram @ Jan 6 2011, 03:46 PM) *

Well, its not japanese I can tell you that much. (I should know,I'm in Japan)

I never said it actually was Japanese, only that it looked like it. That land of Akavir is greatly inspired by Asia from real life, particularly Japan. The characters look like Kanji or some other weeaboo language.

Its more likely to be Korean.

What? Bethesda made up the language. And why would a real life writing system be in a fantasy RPG?

--------------------
"The purpose of morality is to teach you, not to suffer and die, but to enjoy yourself and live." -Ayn Rand

The Great Gate Gazette
+Quote Post
ureniashtram
post Jan 7 2011, 03:03 AM
Post #5

Knower
Group Icon

It may be something like the Daedric characters in Oblivion, with made-up letters spelling out plain English words. Maybe we should start there.

Well, I also suspected that but the translations already here.

What? Bethesda made up the language. And why would a real life writing system be in a fantasy RPG?

What I meant to say is that maybe Bethesda inspired their language from the Korean language. Like what Kaira said, similar but not alike.

Yeah, I actually feel honored that they were inspired from Asian 'weeaboo' languages. smile.gif

--------------------
Djinn: What wish would you like to have, young master?
Random dude: SUPA POWAZ!
--
Djinn: Is there anything I could make true, lord?
Old guy: .. Youth and charisma.
--
Djinn: Your heart speaks of wanting. I could make it true, milord.
Me: Hmmm. I wish to know what I want. Then you could hook me up in some insidious deal, spirit.
+Quote Post
Cardboard Box
post Jan 7 2011, 06:55 AM
Post #6

Finder
Group Icon

Akaviri, huh? Does that mean we find out what happened to the Nerevarine?

I'm not holding my breath until the whole damn issue is out and I can actually see what the hell I'm supposed to be spontaneously ejaculating about.

I mean, I'm supposed to be excited about a game that won't be released for nearly a year, and won't be playable until 2012.

Cynical? Moi? Oui mon capitane.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 10 2011, 04:51 PM
Post #7

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Cardboard Box @ Jan 7 2011, 12:55 AM) *

Akaviri, huh? Does that mean we find out what happened to the Nerevarine?

I'm not holding my breath until the whole damn issue is out and I can actually see what the hell I'm supposed to be spontaneously ejaculating about.

I mean, I'm supposed to be excited about a game that won't be released for nearly a year, and won't be playable until 2012.

Cynical? Moi? Oui mon capitane.

I am hesitant to get too excited as well. Oblivion came out three years after Morrowind, and it was Awesome! So why did this game take five years, when they said they were working on TESV right after SI was released? One reason could be getting rid of the Gamebryo -

And that is another thing that is making me nervous. The new engine. Good or bad, the Gambryo was workable for idiots like me through the Construction Set or Geck - and will the new engine even be playable on my PC (doubt it, it could not handle Fallout 3, although it handles Oblivion nicely).

And the article said they built this one from the ground up - and just happened to be working on Fallout: New Vegas with Feargus (etc.) - who years ago were in the process of building their own when Interplay yanked the rug out from under Black Isles. Something tells me this is more than a little connected and coincidental.

I am keeping my fingers crossed and my excitement to a minimum till I see what the F is up with the game, lol.

This post has been edited by mALX: Jan 10 2011, 04:52 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
RagingMudcrab
post Jan 11 2011, 08:54 AM
Post #8

Evoker

I reckon longer development time is always better in the long run.

Although I suppose by that logic, Duke Nukem Forever will be the greatest game ever made.

This post has been edited by RagingMudcrab: Jan 11 2011, 08:55 AM

--------------------

The Great Gate Gazette
+Quote Post
Captain Hammer
post Jan 14 2011, 03:27 AM
Post #9

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(RagingMudcrab @ Jan 11 2011, 02:54 AM) *
Although I suppose by that logic, Duke Nukem Forever will be the greatest game ever made.

Duke Nukem Forever is the greatest game ever made. It's just so good, that not only has it not come out yet (since our current technology isn't ready for it yet), but it won't come out because the sheer level of perfection and awesomeness would destroy the human brain.

--------------------
My fists are not the Hammer!
100% Tamriel Department of Awesomeness (TDA) Certified Grade-A Dragonborn. Do not use before 11/11/11. Product of Tamriel.

Awtwyr Draghoyn: The FanFic; The FanArt.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 12:12 AM