Renee
post Jan 24 2020, 04:15 PM
Post #1801

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Jan 22 2020, 12:24 PM) *

So nice to see pix from Lothie's game! It's snooowwwwing! tongue.gif

I know, right?! coolgrin.gif

mALX & Lopov: exactly. I was trying to go for a Middle Ages-looking face with Joanie. Thanks for the compliment Lopov but I'm still lowering her eyebrows once she's moved over to PC! biggrin.gif She looks too "startled."

It's weird to think I've been with since 2013, on and off. viking.gif

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
macole
post Jan 27 2020, 05:36 AM
Post #1802

Evoker

@Renee Are you planning to use OCOv2 on your PC version? OCOv2 does change things a bit. For example using the same save file my character has a much harder look under OCOv2 than he does in the 2010 original.

Oblivion 2010 Natural faces original

Oblivion 2017 OCOv2 version

I wanted to duplicate the look I created for him in Morrowind. Couldn't quite do it.

--------------------
"Mysticism involves the manipulation of magical forces and boundaries to bypass the structures and limitations of the physical world." I call it Console Magic of the Fey.

Endure and through enduring grow strong.
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jan 27 2020, 09:35 PM
Post #1803

Councilor
Group Icon

I'm not sure what that is? Oblivion Character Overhaul? Probably not. I can definitely see the difference though. Jandaga looks better defined for sure.

If I could add one more facial-type mod for Oblivion, it'd be something which adds facial hair to men. That's the main reason I've barely made any men for Oblivion... can't do beards or sideburns or goatees, etc. In Skyrim or Morrowind I've got a near 50/50 ratio males to females. In Oblivion I've rolled roughly 20 females, but only 3 or 4 males.

I did add a Beards mod awhile back, but all it did was made 5 O'clock shadows more prominent. So if you know of anything more extensive, let me know.

This post has been edited by Renee: Jan 27 2020, 11:03 PM
+Quote Post
macole
post Jan 27 2020, 11:19 PM
Post #1804

Evoker

Yes, OCOv2 would be Oblivion Character Overhaul version 2. It really does make a difference in the NPC faces. I’ve been using it in my current adventure, so you may have an idea of what it looks like. The only complaints I have with it are with Nushka’s interpretation of the Orcs and the Khajiit.
The Orcs I feel are too pretty (I have to tell myself that these are Orsimer NOT Orcs) and the skin color ranges too much into dark browns.
OCOv2 tries to mimic a long hair coat which ends up looking like someone pulled a garden rake through mud and left it to dry. I’d rather have a smooth short hair coat. Got used to it after awhile but still…

Most beard mods are 10-years old. Here is of the latest attempt for beards and a patch that some may find useful. I don’t use beards (you could almost count the whiskers on my face and each one a different color) so I can’t vouch for them. Since they don’t say so directly from description and comments I’ve read I’m assuming they can used with or without OCOv2 but they do require Blockhead.

Beards in Tamriel https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/47071
NPC Hair Matches Beard https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/47421
Both would require;
Blockhead https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/43752

--------------------
"Mysticism involves the manipulation of magical forces and boundaries to bypass the structures and limitations of the physical world." I call it Console Magic of the Fey.

Endure and through enduring grow strong.
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jan 28 2020, 02:18 PM
Post #1805

Councilor
Group Icon

Nice! Finally a beard mod which looks like it works! I wonder how long that's been around. Probably for years, like you say, but I just haven't been checking the Nexus for it.

See, that's what often gets me though. In order to install Beards in Tamriel I'd have to install Blockhead. How will that affect the rest of my gameworld? My modded Oblivion games are quite stable, mostly because I haven't added much to them for years. I'm rather conservative. I have most everything I want. So maybe if I really get an urge to create a male in Cyrodiil I'll try those out. wub.gif

Thanks!

This post has been edited by Renee: Jan 28 2020, 02:19 PM
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jan 28 2020, 03:17 PM
Post #1806

Councilor
Group Icon

I looked at making a beard mod a long time ago, and the problem is that chins move. You need to make the beard conform while the character is talking, and that is not an easy job. It's the same reason there aren't many replacement head meshes (I recall only one). You have to make not only a head, but all the expression and phoneme morphs for it.

So if this really does do beards, I'm impressed!

--------------------
Mods for Oblivion and now Daggerfall and Skyrim. Fan fiction, too.
+Quote Post

91 Pages V « < 89 90 91
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th April 2020 - 02:55 PM