9 Pages V « < 7 8 9  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Elder Scrolls Online: General Discussion
Acadian
post Nov 10 2019, 06:47 PM
Post #161

Paladin
Group Icon

Buffy totally does a zone before moving on. Alliance, MG, FG, side quests, find all points on the map. And she normally only does one perhaps two quests for the prophet per zone. By the time she gets ready to go to Coldharbour, she has cleared all zones for her primary alliance and completed all quests for the FG and MG.

The one exception is that we enjoy leveling up the Undaunted skill line by doing daily delves for Bolgrul. He has one delve in each of the 15 basic alliance zones that he randomly chooses from. While you are below L50, he will only give you delves in your alliance; after L50 he adds the remaining 10 delves. So early on, Buffy figures out early how to reach all 15 delves - pretty much trying to wear blinders and ignore everything else in those zones until she's ready to fully explore them.

The reason we like to keep things rather regimented like that is that random exploring can easily overfill your quest log (which is limited to 25 quests). If you don't grab a quest whenever you see it, it becomes easy to forget and overlook. If the quest log had a much higher capacity to hold open quests, then a random approach to questing might work better.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Nov 11 2019, 02:06 AM
Post #162

Knower
Group Icon

Usually, I will explore to the point I find most or all of the points on the map. I'd sometimes do a bit more than that. But to actually do every quest associated with a point of interest, every delve, etc.? Absolutely not. That was actually what more or less happened to me with Valenwood when I first went hard on clearing that content. I had just not really got around to it, and then I powered through a ton of content a couple of months ago, to the point where I got absolutely sick of those damn forests. (Today and this past week, however, has seen Cincy and I go through much of what was left, mostly "points of interest" as designated on the map.

I love taking in the variety of locales too much to want to stay in one zone, or even province, for too long. Especially when it comes to the provinces and zones we haven't gotten to travel to since TESI: Arena (and of course, that was when the graphics, lore, environment, etc. were very primitive and basic and so on, so it didn't feel much like we were really getting to see those places).

--------------------
"When we understand the events that occur to us, the events become history. History is understanding. Otherwise, we are all just dumb animals trying to get in out of the cold."
-Hasphat Antabolis, TESIII: Morrowind

"What matters is that we act. That we do what's right, when confronted with evil."
-Martin Septim, TESIV: Oblivion
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Nov 11 2019, 04:38 AM
Post #163

Councilor
Group Icon

Probably as a result of first trying ESO during one of their free trial weeks, I got a habit of riding around a zone to find all the wayshrines before doing anything else. That actually gets quite a bit of XP on a new character. It was also useful for Guild Meets, as I had more of the shrines availabl, except when we went to a zone I hadn't visited at all.

--------------------
Mods for Oblivion and now Daggerfall and Skyrim. Fan fiction, too.
+Quote Post
Grits
post Nov 11 2019, 11:26 AM
Post #164

Councilor
Group Icon

I prefer to let characters explore and discover quests as they find them. With some characters I have the quest-giver arrows turned off so that they don’t know about the side quests unless they speak to someone. (And of course in some areas the quest-givers come running up to them.) I have tried clearing a whole zone before moving on, but Jerric likes to have something to do when he goes back to an area. He has been known to decide that the quest that takes him out of an area is more urgent than one nearby. I have been known to quietly remove quests from his quest log when it gets too full. whistling.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 11 2019, 09:59 PM
Post #165

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Nov 11 2019, 05:26 AM) *

I prefer to let characters explore and discover quests as they find them. With some characters I have the quest-giver arrows turned off so that they don’t know about the side quests unless they speak to someone. (And of course in some areas the quest-givers come running up to them.) I have tried clearing a whole zone before moving on, but Jerric likes to have something to do when he goes back to an area. He has been known to decide that the quest that takes him out of an area is more urgent than one nearby. I have been known to quietly remove quests from his quest log when it gets too full. whistling.gif

This is how I feel about the questing too; I like having stuff to do when I return to areas; but if I am on one quest and another pops up that is related I'll do them both (like at Crosswych when the nurse needs you to find her medicine while you are rescuing people, etc).

When Misa and Pia wanted to do Cadwell's Silver & Gold; they left any unrelated side quests in the area and only took those related to the Main Quest for that Alliance. When they go back to the other Provinces; we can explore and find a lot more to do. Every now and then I put the Quest markers up to see what (if any) things I might still have to do in an area. I like that; because it just wouldn't feel right to walk off at a crucial time when the world as you know it is about to be destroyed and the side quest is something like "My boyfriend lost his pants to a witch..." (etc). So someday when the crisis is over and I happen through town; the lady's pantsless boyfriend can be dealt with, laugh.gif (I think that quest was from the real Morrowind game, lol).

--------------------
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

9 Pages V « < 7 8 9
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th November 2019 - 02:02 AM