Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Red Snow, In Skyrim, Only the tough survive
The Solo Rollo
post Jul 1 2012, 08:25 PM
Post #1

Evoker

Well, I'm back with my fixed laptop, and I wanna try out a little thing I've been thinking of for a while. It's only been small scenes I've thought of on the fly, but I'm going to try and form a coherent story around it. It follows the story of a redguard, barely surviving in the province of Skyrim. I'll start with the prologue and see what you all think.

This post has been edited by The Solo Rollo: Jul 1 2012, 08:33 PM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
The Solo Rollo
post Jul 1 2012, 09:40 PM
Post #2

Evoker

Red Snow - Prologue

The Frost Marauders were once feared through Tamriel as the most vicious and elite bandits ever to set foot on Nirn. They were more than a hundred Men, Mer and Beast alike, all with the desire for only two things in life - gold and bloodshed. They Burned whole towns to the ground, killing everyone including elders and children, and once they were done pillaging the buildings, they would pour barrels of salt over all the fertile land in and around the village.

As their name suggests, the Frost Marauders lived in the mountains of Skyrim, but that didn't stop them from performing raids in all other provinces, even Valenwood. Nobody knows how they managed these large treks undiscovered, even to this day it remains a mystery.

Although the Frost Marauders have devolved into nothing more than a legend, the scars of their tyranny still run through all of Tamriel.

"Always the same story". Elana sighed to herself, a slight smirk on her face. "will he ever stop fantasizing about bandits and thieves?"

This post has been edited by The Solo Rollo: Jul 1 2012, 11:18 PM
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 1 2012, 10:09 PM
Post #3

Ancient
Group Icon

"Always the same story". Elana sighed to herself, a slight smirk on her face. "will he ever stop fantasizing about bandits and thieves?"

This line is my favorite. Elana already shows a spark of personality in that one line.

The looting/robbing - always great in my book.

Not so sure about the mass destruction of towns and killing just to be killing part though - there should be a reason for that kind of rampant destruction and taking of lives if they are going to find joy in it. (IE: taking over a territory, revenge, fued, etc).

Sounds great so far, I'd love to hear more about Elana! Welcome back, and congrats on getting the laptop fixed! Always a great thing, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
The Solo Rollo
post Jul 13 2012, 08:27 PM
Post #4

Evoker

This chapter is mostly for giving the background of Camas and his family, and also give an idea of a day in the life of our trio of Redguards. I've also included some music to fit each caracter as they're introduced. Also, as I've been reading the Inheritance cycle, I'm hoping to include some dueling at some point, but I'm going to practice a bit more before including it into a chapter.

Chapter 1 - Life in The Pale

Camas woke to the sound of his Father chopping wood outside. The sun was bright and he could hear the sound of swifts calling out to each other. Days like this were rare in the harsh landscape of The Pale, where ice cold wind and blizzards had claimed many lives.

Camas got out of his straw bed and changed his nightware for the set of clothes his Mother had made for him on his tenth birthday - as the inhabitants of Skyrim say, when you turn ten, you're ready to take on your first responsibilities. It consisted of a simple white tunic that was secured around his waist with a hide belt, a pair of brown tights and a thick pair of hide boots. It wasn't the outfit of a nobleman, but when working on a farm it was essential to wear a sturdy set of clothes that could easily be repaired and refitted.

He looked at himself in his bedroom mirror. He had short, wiry hair that was black as night and dark brown skin with eyes to match. He smiled as he noticed the first signs of hair appearing on his chin. He was now fifteen, and almost old enough to live on his own, or even marry if he desired. Seeing those few small hairs gave Camas a feeling of maturity, like he was now a real man.However, until his next birthday he would still be a child to his Mother and father and so he still had to obey them.

After grabbing a quick breakfast of bread and an apple, Camas headed outside to find his Father, Vilann. He and his Parents didn't live in Dawnstar like most of the inhabitants of The Pale, instead preferring the seclusion of one of the few small forests dotted around the hold. This gave them the benefit of being self-sufficient and safe from the trouble that seemed to be attracted to small towns. This would have made them vulnerable to bandits and beast if they were common farmers, but Elana and Vilann were never ordinary farmers.

Vilann was once an Alik'r officer, and few could beat him in terms of strength or speed. Elana was just as deadly, as she once served as an assassin of the crowns. However, the war became fierce in Hammerfell, and the land became torn apart because of the feud between the Crowns and Forebears. The two of them met on their journeys to Skyrim, each seeking to live in peace with a family. They travelled together, grew close and by the time they reached Skyrim the two were practically married. The house Vilann made was their wedding ring, Elana's love was her dowry.

Camas found his Father, now sharpening his axe in the barn that served as his forge and training room. Although Vilann had given up his duties as a soldier, he would always live by his sword in order to protect not his king, but his family. "Ah, you've risen from the dead at last. I was just about ready to put you in a grave," his Father chuckled. "Ready to get started?"
A smile crossed Camas' face,"You know I'm always ready, old man!"
Vilann put down his axe and grabbed two swords laying on a pile of straw in the corner. They had been blunted so they could be used for training without drawing blood, although they still stung like frostbite venom when they struck. He threw one sword to Camas who caught the blade, and both men made their way to the wooden stage that served at their ring.

Vilann was proud of his sons progress over the past month. To begin with he had almost given up - his son would always walk out on him, covered in bruises. But in the past few weeks he had been able to defend himself exceptionally from the ex-soldier and had even managed to land a few blows of his own. This time Vilann would stop going so easy on the boy. Now he would be tested to his fullest. The two crossed swords and began.

Elana was sitting on top of her favorite hill. It overlooked the farm her husband had built and gave a beautiful view of Lake Yorgrim in the distance. Whenever Elana had spare time, she would climb to this spot and enjoy the view. She always took her bow with her, just in case any of the local wildlife got too curious, but she would never go hunting with it. She spent most of the day tending to the farm with her husband and moments like this would become rare, Frostfall being only a few cycles away. Why waste the few precious moments for herself on a few deer? Vilann was more than capable than skinning some animals if they ever needed more, and they always had a plentiful supply of food, for although they lived in one of the coldest regions of Skyrim they were lucky enough to find a grove, protected from most of the wind and snow by the mountains that surrounded them. Because of this, the ground was a fine place to grow most crops.

Elana could faintly hear the sound of metal on metal coming from their farm. At least Vilann hasn't killed our boy yet, she thought to herself while taking a bite from an apple she plucked from a nearby tree, I'm surprised that boy can still get up the morning after those sessions. But he needs to learn to fight. What girl would take a man who can't protect her and their children? As she finished eating, she heard a rustling sound coming from behind her. Probably a fox, she told herself, although just in case, she peered from behind the rock she was laying behind. She drew her bow and notched an arrow, for it wasn't a fox she saw.
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jul 14 2012, 12:37 AM
Post #5

Paladin
Group Icon

Welcome to the Arena of fan fiction!

A warrior-farmer family exacting a bountiful existence from their piece of Skyrim. You gave us a nice bit of flavor for each of the trio and even managed to leave us with a cliffhanger.

’The house Vilann made was their wedding ring, Elana's love was her dowry.’
I see the Redguard couple has adopted the Nordic ways of their current land.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 04:56 AM