Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> The Goblin Lady
Renee
post Jul 7 2019, 12:43 AM
Post #1

Councilor
Group Icon

Hey. So in this thread I will writing up stories pertaining to TES IV: Oblivion. Because I keep thinking of more an more ideas that occur within this game. All of these stories will be rather short, two or three months apiece, I think, rather than years and years. And the very first one shall begin in the post below.

So far there are three story ideas I've come up with: a former scholar, a monk, and a guard. All of this isn't just to write stories, it's to (as usual) enhance my gaming. Make it more interesting.

This post has been edited by Renee: Jul 14 2019, 02:53 AM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Renee
post Aug 4 2019, 03:40 AM
Post #2

Councilor
Group Icon

After that there were no more incidents of hostility, and the Goblins tolerated my presence, so long as I kept a respectful distance from their females and offspring. Occasionally a warrior would bark at me, but I simply replied by making the hand-rotating "intelligence" gesture next to my head, and the warrior would shrug and go back to his business. ~ An excerpt from Sacred Rites of the Stonechewers, Submitted to The Imperial Library by Pilaf The Defiler

... And it is of utmost importance that I point out our own foibles in this matter. That we, as the inclusionists we purport to be, have accepted all manner of mer and even beastfolk into our own society, and make merits toward treating these as one within Cyrodiil, allowing them to run our bookshops, deliver our news, and even maintain positions within our Council. Yet we continue to banish, main, and eradicate the various goblin tribes as though they were only slightly-more-intelligent creatures, rats and mudcrabs. Well I have been face-to-face with these, formulating scholastic measures amongst them. I can fairly tell all who take the time to pore over these lectures my contrary opinions. Fearsome and regardless they seem, but for those who choose to take the time, we might discover that these 'fearsome and regardless' beings are really quite intelligent, quite societal, and quite similar to ourselves. ~ Jayne Goodfall, excerpt from An Account on Goblin Society

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Chapter III: Drakelowe

IPB Image

"You are saying you know nothing? Nothing about a band of brigands who might have come through these woods, to place me upon that hill over yonder?"

"As I mentioned before, all's I saw were a bunch of colored lights," explained Melisande, the Breton owner of Drakelowe Farm. "Perhaps early last evening, just after nightfall. I was out here in the garden, minding my calves, and just happened to look up. There they were. Lights of green and red and yellow, flashing between the trees. As though some wizard might have shown up, then cast some colorful spell. And I may have shuddered. As you can see, I'm not exactly surrounded by the safety of civilization out here."

"I see."

"As for some band of outlaws, I saw no one. The lights were there, I wondered who might be casting them, but then, nothing else happened."

The morning was cool, tainted lightly by fog. After awaking in the forest, Jayne had stayed alert and terrified the rest of the night. Every sound was analyzed. Every shadowy movement, she'd skulk nearer to her tree. Fortunately, daybreak had arrived quickly. She'd then begun her search for a road or a footpath. There was nothing of the sort near to where she'd awoken, but her captors had to have made their way into wilderness somehow. After maybe a couple of hours of wandering, she hadn't much success. But then, she'd spotted Drakelowe from a distance. Which was interesting. Interesting that they would place her in the middle of nowhere, but also near to guaranteed safety.

"I wouldn't worry about them if I were you," Drakelowe's owner continued. "From what you're saying, it sounds like they wanted to be long gone. And they certainly succeeded at that. Like I said, must have had some deft wizardry going on, from what I was seeing."

Jayne Goodfall looked to the ground, and considered this. All along, she'd suspected at least one of the outlaws might be adept at a variety of magics; it would certainly explain how they'd always located her when she had managed escape. It would also explain how they'd pulled off some of their more dastardly capers. That magistrate up in Balmora for instance ... how could he have not noticed the scoundrels as they'd casually cleaned out his finery cabinets of a variety of jewels, and in plain view of his associates?

If so, if one or more of them were skilled in these matters, they'd certainly kept this facet of their organization a secret from her. Because ... magic. It was the only thing which made sense. She'd been teleported out here perhaps, teleported to the middle of the Niben. Because it made sense to get rid of her. What better way to hide the most knowledgable witness to all their crimes, while still keeping her alive?

"You know, you should really consider yourself lucky," Melisande attempted. "As you explained earlier, as soon as you were on that boat, your greatest fear was that they were serious, when they said they were going to push you off into the bay."

Jayne Goodfall, once a respected and prominent member of Imperial society, made a small whimpering sound.

"Come inside. And fear not, milady," the farmer said with confidence. "I've got tea, and plenty of herbs which can soothe. Those thieves and roustabouts, whoever they are, obviously are not interested in returning out here. Else, why would they not simply commandeer my entire property for their own?"

Jayne nodded and smiled briefly. Gathered her wits. Sighed. "Yes, I suppose you are right. I am so lucky to have... at least been placed near a welcoming location such as Drakelowe. Grateful, I am." She paused. "Anything you need. Anything. Your crops need picking in the morn? Your cow needs milking, Melisande?"

"You do me too much honor, Miss Goodfall, and there's no need to worry about such matters. Now please, come inside," the farmer said, sweeping her arms grandly. "Come inside, where all shall be made well. You can stay, as long as you like."

Jayne smiled broader now, and shuffled her feet a little. "Oh, just one more thing."

"Surely. What's on your mind, Imperial?"

"It has been awhile since I've traveled the Niben. Are there still goblin lairs out here that you know of? Near, in fact, to this property?"

"Goblins? Blecch!" Melisande grimaced. "I hate the things!"

Jayne Goodfall started to say something, her face forming a bit sternly, but then she bit her tongue. Now was not the time for sharp retorts. Her new host had been so gracious to let her stay, after all.

------------------------

Finding her way

Stealing crops (Jayne was hungry, and didn't know what the farm's owner would be like!)

A welcome hovel

This post has been edited by Renee: Aug 5 2019, 05:29 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Renee   The Goblin Lady   Jul 7 2019, 12:43 AM
Renee   Like a whirling dervish Spitting out the salty she...   Jul 14 2019, 02:51 AM
Lopov   Nice introduction. Final sentences wrap up the st...   Jul 14 2019, 08:14 AM
Acadian   Very nice how we started in the middle of a scene ...   Jul 14 2019, 01:26 PM
treydog   Very nice! Well- not so much for Angrus... but...   Jul 14 2019, 05:03 PM
SubRosa   Six Fishes is a great name for a dockside tavern. ...   Jul 15 2019, 01:53 PM
Renee   Wow, I got comments. Now I gotta finish this! ...   Jul 21 2019, 11:12 AM
treydog   An excellent addition to what we have seen already...   Jul 21 2019, 03:05 PM
SubRosa   So the Goblin Lady was an unwilling participant in...   Jul 21 2019, 04:10 PM
Lopov   Nice, I didn't expect her to be enslaved by th...   Jul 21 2019, 06:51 PM
Acadian   Ahah, I see how this ties right into the beginning...   Jul 21 2019, 07:59 PM
Grits   Whoop, Renee stories! *happy dance* I love th...   Jul 23 2019, 05:19 PM
Renee   Saturday night is usually the only time I have eno...   Jul 28 2019, 01:40 AM
SubRosa   Neat link to that article about Sacred Rite of the...   Aug 4 2019, 05:44 PM
Acadian   I quite like the premise you seem to have going on...   Aug 4 2019, 07:53 PM
Lopov   An interesting continuation, you used quite a diff...   Aug 5 2019, 06:13 PM
treydog   Somehow missed this when you first updated- but ha...   Aug 10 2019, 02:57 PM
Renee   Comments and questions in this post, and I'll ...   Aug 11 2019, 04:11 PM
Renee   [center][font=Times New Roman]Chapter IV: The Gobl...   Aug 11 2019, 05:25 PM
Acadian   Well, done, Renee! Thank Azura for those h...   Aug 11 2019, 06:54 PM
SubRosa   I too, loved the inclusion of Cropsford and the 3r...   Aug 11 2019, 08:56 PM
Lopov   Quite a cliff hanger, Renee Gade. Who allowed you ...   Aug 12 2019, 01:19 PM
treydog   Interesting continuation. Our first encounter wit...   Aug 16 2019, 05:15 PM
Renee   Acadian: Aw thanks! Yes, I left that sort of v...   Aug 18 2019, 06:46 AM
Renee   This chapter is longer. :cake: I thought of choppi...   Aug 18 2019, 05:44 PM
SubRosa   Great to see how Jayne is reaching out to communic...   Aug 18 2019, 05:57 PM
Acadian   Fun vid as Jayne gathers her tribe! Whew...   Aug 18 2019, 06:50 PM
Lopov   Very clever to include some actual goblin language...   Aug 19 2019, 01:44 PM
treydog   As far as the foreign language, I am a typography ...   Aug 19 2019, 01:52 PM
Renee   SubRosa: Yes. Her reputation. :) She certainly has...   Sep 1 2019, 06:32 PM
Renee   [font=Times New Roman][center]Chapter VI: The Yell...   Sep 1 2019, 07:32 PM
Lopov   Looks like Jayne has some great plans in mind. I w...   Sep 2 2019, 08:35 AM
Acadian   I'm still getting a kick out of Jayne's pa...   Sep 2 2019, 06:16 PM
SubRosa   Yaaagh! Jayne has her temporary goblin tats o...   Sep 2 2019, 07:13 PM
Renee   Lopov: funny you just mentioned Kahreem. ;) Acad...   Sep 8 2019, 03:39 AM
Lopov   A very detailed and intriguing insight into Jayne...   Sep 8 2019, 03:27 PM
treydog   I love the life you bring to the interactions- wit...   Sep 8 2019, 06:07 PM
Acadian   Good that all of Jayne’s worries turned out for ...   Sep 8 2019, 07:02 PM
SubRosa   You are bringing back so many Oblivion memories wi...   Sep 8 2019, 08:11 PM
Renee   Aw, you folks make me smile. :) I am glad this is ...   Sep 22 2019, 02:40 AM
Renee   [size=4][font=Times New Roman]Chapter VIII: The Im...   Sep 22 2019, 03:32 AM
Lopov   Is that Lady Saga you're writing about in the ...   Sep 22 2019, 06:16 PM
Acadian   Yes, who is the mysterious mushroom-eating elf in ...   Sep 22 2019, 06:39 PM
SubRosa   Is that blond elf with the summer bolette Lady Sag...   Sep 23 2019, 07:16 PM
Renee   Yes Lopov, Acadian, and SubRosa, that is Lady Sag...   Sep 29 2019, 03:02 AM
Lopov   Neat story. I like it how you still continue to un...   Sep 29 2019, 06:52 PM
SubRosa   Ignite It is in charge? That does not sound good a...   Sep 29 2019, 07:06 PM
Acadian   Like Lopov, I'm enjoying watching this story u...   Sep 29 2019, 07:18 PM
treydog   Mysterious late-sleeping elves.... Alarm bells are...   Sep 30 2019, 11:46 AM
Renee   I like it how you still continue to unfold event...   Oct 6 2019, 04:21 PM
Renee   Where we left off: Jayne spoke to Simplicia the Sl...   Oct 6 2019, 05:02 PM
Acadian   I love how Vinicia has modernized her bookkeeping....   Oct 6 2019, 10:15 PM
Renee   Meh... so many mistakes! I was hungover though...   Oct 7 2019, 03:27 PM
SubRosa   It sounds like Vinicia Melissaeia works the servic...   Oct 7 2019, 04:32 PM
Lopov   Jayne can now sleep in peace, knowing that she won...   Oct 7 2019, 10:20 PM
Renee   Acadian -- I've been watching too much Black M...   Oct 13 2019, 01:13 AM
Renee   Hello. So, I keep thinking of more stuff I want to...   Oct 13 2019, 08:04 PM
Lopov   I love the dream sequence, very-well written. I wo...   Oct 14 2019, 11:55 AM
SubRosa   Sketchy is a trendy term these days, meaning anyth...   Oct 14 2019, 01:07 PM
Acadian   Aww, another reminder that her plans for goblins a...   Oct 17 2019, 08:55 PM
ghastley   ... What I'm getting at is that if you would ...   Oct 17 2019, 09:06 PM
Renee   Lopov, my friend. Now why would you suppose Ignyti...   Oct 20 2019, 02:31 AM
Renee   [size=4][center]Chapter XII: White Gold Tower htt...   Oct 20 2019, 02:57 AM
Acadian   A pleasant day of bathing and beer. Wise of Jayne...   Oct 20 2019, 07:32 PM
SubRosa   Jayne has that guard's ear? Ewwww! :lol: ...   Oct 21 2019, 07:13 PM
Lopov   That's very friendly, Renee, you let us hangin...   Oct 21 2019, 07:30 PM
Renee   Acadian: YES, the part when you said you "pon...   Oct 26 2019, 10:36 PM
SubRosa   An academic's office being a broom closet is n...   Oct 27 2019, 01:12 AM
Lopov   Fvck, that's great! I mean the story, not ...   Oct 27 2019, 10:11 AM
Acadian   Oh, my heart breaks for poor Jayne! Betrayed ...   Oct 27 2019, 07:55 PM
Renee   Hey everyone, I appreciate your attentions. :cake:...   Nov 3 2019, 04:00 AM
Renee   One come a day the water will run, No man will sta...   Nov 3 2019, 04:20 AM
Acadian   That fetcher, Iggy! :-/ Poor Jayne, as she...   Nov 3 2019, 08:49 PM
Lopov   Fokke! That must be our Of Weet friend, that h...   Nov 4 2019, 01:57 PM
SubRosa   Oh no, the locals are out with their torches and p...   Nov 4 2019, 04:01 PM
Renee   Oh yes, that's that I was going for, 'Rosa...   Nov 9 2019, 04:36 PM
Renee   My sweet revenge Will be yours For the taking It...   Nov 9 2019, 09:52 PM
Lopov   A fitting end for the fetcher. Faced with the wra...   Nov 9 2019, 10:34 PM
SubRosa   It sounds like Ignitit's hundred septim shoes ...   Nov 9 2019, 11:47 PM
Acadian   ... I love the juxtaposition of how they either do...   Nov 10 2019, 09:18 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:03 AM