minque
post Jan 31 2007, 08:47 PM
Post #1

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Here´s the new one!

the previous one!

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Jan 31 2007, 09:26 PM
Post #2

Master
Group Icon

Flogir

Flogir muttered a curse and looked in the direction of Flint's attack, but nothing caught his eyes.

"Do you know what it is?" he asked as he scanned the surroundings for more enemies. It now seemed that they were caught between a rock and a hard place, not the most ideal situation for them.

--------------------
I am currently a Writer in The Order of Schola.
Official Fan Fiction Forum "Commentasaurus"

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Jan 31 2007, 09:44 PM
Post #3

Master
Group Icon

Flint Ironwood.

Flint held his blades ready but did not continue his attack, yet.
,,Humanoid, really fast and practically invisible to the bare eye. A detection spell helps, do you know one?"

Green-Root, in the cave.

The Argonian looked up at the ceiling. He sniffed up the air and made his decision. Gripping the wall with his claws, he climbed up till he clung to the ceiling. It was hard to support his weight, but he managed. From there, he moved towards the gap in the ceiling. When he freed one hand to grab his spear, he nearly fell. Still, he managed to hold on long enough to smack his spear's shaft against the feet of someone who was standing near the edge.

Flint, falling.

Flint raised his sword for another blast when something hit his feet and made him loose his footing. To his own annoyance, he fell backwards through the hole leading towards the cave. The Breton hit the floor hard and as he rolled out of the campfire, his right arm burned with an intense pain.
,,Great, broken."
He rose himself back up onto his feet and gripped his remaining katana as firm as he could. The other, the Storm, was lying in the campfire. He didn't worry about it as the fire's temperature was too low to harm the weapon. On the other hand, he would have appreciated its use.

Beyond him, there was only one other person in the room. An emerald-scaled Argonian who was pointing a Silver spear in his direction.
,,You've interrupted my meal, softskin." He hissed.

(Ok, so what's Flogir going to do? Will he help Sodsa and Dalrus against the invisible enemy who might pull off his duplication trick at any moment? Or will he jump after Flint?)

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
Soulseeker3.0
post Jan 31 2007, 10:40 PM
Post #4

Master
Group Icon

Sodsa Hekal -> Pinned at Hero Hill

Sodsa saw Flint's blast "Crap, Hey, Dalrus do you see a humanoid up there anywhere? I can see a slight blur but i doubt i'll be enough to take it down."

After Sodsa finished his sentence, Flint fell into the hole and Sodsa muttered a few words under his breath. Seeing Flogir looking around bewildered, Sodsa signaled for Flogir to follow Flint. "Hmph, no use for his to fight something he can't see."

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

This was pretty unusual, because most children at his age wanted to become great warriors, known all through time as saviors of, well, anything - Toroabok
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Jan 31 2007, 11:10 PM
Post #5

Master
Group Icon

Karn, rude awakening

He'd only just arrived on the high ground when suddenly an invisble blast of telekenitic energy made him lose his balance and stumble. The moment's astonishment was replaced with smothering fury when he recognized the attack from the one that "assassin" from CHorrol had used weeks ago.

Karn crouched and scanned the landscape for the intruders. He spotted that one sorceress woman and a bosmeri archer on one of the hills below. This is getting repetitive...... Recalling the last incident when the woman had disentegrated all of his bandit bowmen, Karn deided to wait for an approppriate moment to attack.

He summoned four copies of himeslf anyway, I can't rely on those goblins. The dunmer thought as the green creatures continued to frenzy about. Then there was roar of protest from a group of orc berzerkers, ogres, and trolls that had just arrived. Looks like I'll get some help.....
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Feb 1 2007, 01:22 AM
Post #6

Master
Group Icon

Flogir

Flogir hestitated a moment as he saw Flint plunge down into the mountain. He heard Flint hit the ground and cringed at the sound but was relieved to hear him groan in pain. At least he's not dead.

Then a hissing voice reached his ears and he knew that Flint was in trouble, but there was also this blur that Flint spoke of before falling in. He then caught sight of Sodsa's signal, and nodded. He would go after Flint.

Looking down, he saw an Argonian with a spear making his way towards the fallen Flint. Taking a deep breath, Flogir hopped down into the cave, aiming to land right on top of the hopefully unexpecting lizardman.

Unfortunately for Dalrus and Sodsa, he did not see Karn creating copies of himself.

(obviously, I'm leaving up to you jack if Flogir lands on Green-Root or not)

--------------------

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
+Quote Post
ShogunSniper
post Feb 1 2007, 01:43 AM
Post #7

Master
Group Icon

Veric

Though Veric and Voltar were both primed and ready for a nice Mages Guild duel, much to their dismay they found the Arcane University as well as possibly all of the Imperial City evacuated. The door they both so confidently waltzed through revealed nothing but a deserted chamber.

"Damn," Veric cursed with disappointment, "...Any idea where they would keep their alchemy supplies? I've never once stepped foot in this place."

This post has been edited by ShogunSniper: Feb 1 2007, 01:59 AM

--------------------
War is over if you want it.
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Feb 1 2007, 09:44 PM
Post #8

Master
Group Icon

Green-Root.

A heavy weigth landed on Green-Root who was thrown to the floor. Before he'd even landed, he blade of air cut through his scales. A large gash had formed over his snout and his spear had fallen out of his grip.

Flint Ironwood, not happy.

Flint aimed his sword for a second strike.
,,Thanks for the help, Flogir. Could you put out that fire, please? I don't want to keep the Storm in it any longer than needed. Fire is bad for the leather grip." He said with a slight sense of humour.

,,Alright, Lizard thing. How about you giving us some answers?"

--------------------
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Feb 2 2007, 06:45 PM
Post #9

Master
Group Icon

Semir Grey, off the Argonian coast.

Semir Grey stood at the bow of his Redguard Raider as it casually sailed across the sea. Fog was all around them though the lanterns at the ship's ends were doused.
He ran a hand trough his grey hair that had the feel of dry sand.
,,Dang, where could that merchant have gone? Why did it have to approach Argonia with this damn fog?" He grumbled.
,,Lookout! Anything new?!" He then shouted to the man at the top of the mast.

The Lookout continued to scan the misty surroundings.
,,Not a thing, cap! Wait........lanterns to our left!"

Semir walked tot the left side of the ship and peered out into the fog. There it was, so dim he could barely see it. Judging by the space between the two lanterns, the ship was about the right size.
,,That's the one. Uncover the sails! Flank them!" He shouted at the man behind the rudder and pointed at the soon to be plundered vessel.

The sails were unfolded and the Blue Serpent lifted its gracious hull out of the water, ripping through the waves as it approached its victim. Semir rechecked the Cutlass he'd strapped to his belt. Around him, his fellow crew of 'treasurehunters' had decked out in full combat gear.
,,Archers! Insurance!" He ordered. Four of the archers took aim and released their arrows. With a soft thunk, they stuck into the merchant's hull. The arrows had been coated in highly flammable oil. At a single command, Semir could now put the merchant aflame. It was their insurance for when the negotiations went bad.

As the ships came near each other, the fog appeared to vanish. Semir let out a violent curse as the reinforced bow of the Serpent crashed into the other ship's side.

With a running leap, he moved over to the new ship. His katana flashed down, cutting through the back of the strange creature. He spun around and stabbed a second one in the heart. Another spin and he blocked a viciously curved sword.
,,These aren't merchants! Put these damn.......snakes on fire!" He shouted over the increasing noise of battle. The snakelike creatures had gotten over their surprise and now fought back with a skill at swordplay that rivalled the one the mostly Redguard crew was so proud off.

Semir continued his duel with his adversary. He jumped back continuesly, avoiding the katana till he'd made it all the way to the stern. Before him, the ship's bow was wrapped in blazing flames. The rowers on the Blue Serpent had begun to pull it's bow out of the hole it caused in the other ship's side.

The Breton jumped on the railing. One more time the katana sliced through the air. Semir stepped to the side and pinned the sword to the railing with his boot.
,,You're getting too annoying. Die, scaleface." He sneered and stabbed the creature. He turned to the flag hanging next to him and ripped it off the pole.
,,I'll be taking this. Alright men! Retreat!" He shouted and dove into the sea, followed by his men.

(Long intro but yes, he attacked an Akaviri vessel.)

--------------------
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Feb 2 2007, 11:45 PM
Post #10

Master
Group Icon

Flogir

Flogir climbed off of the falled Argonian and dusted himself off. "Just thought I'd drop in," Flogir said, smiling ruefully at his awful pun. He walked over to the fire and kicked dirt on it to put it out. He tested the handle of Storm to check for heat and finding cool enough he picked it up and handed it to Flint.

"You okay buddy?"

Voltar

Voltar looked at the vacant entrance of Arcane University. He shared Veric's disappointment of the lack of mages but he got over it quickly. He turned to his ally.

"To tell you the truth, I haven't visited this place once before," he paused and looked at his surroundings once more, " BUT, this does seem somewhat familiar to the layout of such a University in Summersett..."

He walked over to the purple pad resting on the floor. "These pads here will take us up to the next floor, these mages always seem to be too lazy to make stairs... But I do believe one of the rooms on the next floor should contain the alchemly lab." He said as he stepped onto the pad and activated it, instantly dissolving him into thin air.

--------------------

+Quote Post
lord_wanhoop
post Feb 2 2007, 11:45 PM
Post #11

Retainer

Merethicus, somewhere within the same cave complex

Elsewhere in the general vicinity, a young Cyrodiilic man sits alone at a campfire. He is encased within a sort of pasty yellow armor, with spiky pauldrons, and a harsh looking helmet with an eye-slit made of the same material rests at his feet. He has a silver longsword on his lap, and runs along it with a whetstone while his mind is elsewhere.

I never should've joined this damned army! It's a undisciplined and disorderly mess and they don't mean to hold anything, just destroy! The fools! There aren't even any solid units to speak of! If it wasn't for numbers they'd have no damn leg to stand on... and then that...thing! He just wants to bloody well destroy everything for whatever motives go around in whatever mind comes along with that body... gives me the creeps, he does... Maybe I should try to make off. And then what, though? I don't know anything of the area beyond the fact that it's gotten bloody well dangerous recently...

--------------------
Nobody crosses the Shadow Thieves and lives. *shluk*
+Quote Post
ShogunSniper
post Feb 2 2007, 11:59 PM
Post #12

Master
Group Icon

Veric

Veric followed Voltar, trusting his hunch for it was all he had to go on. He stepped on the pad and teleported to another one, probably upstairs.

Around them was none other than what they had just begun searching for; an alchemy lab. The only thing that could've made the room any more appealing to the two trespassers would be a few mages fumbling with spells to save their lives. None were found.

Without saying a word, Veric began his search for this antidote. He knew Voltar would do the same, and was beginning to feel very at ease with his new companion.

Voltar was an ally on an equal level of intelect and followed orders even though he rarely needed to be told what to do. Sadril, Veric's other ally, was wiser than he let on, however lacked the quality of getting done what needed doing.

--------------------
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Feb 3 2007, 12:03 AM
Post #13

Master
Group Icon

Flint Ironwood, injured.

Flint felt his broken arm.
,,I'm fine. The arm is broken but I'll survive." He replied to Flogir.
,,Now what do we do with our litle hostage?"

(Bedtime.)

--------------------
+Quote Post
ShogunSniper
post Feb 3 2007, 02:19 AM
Post #14

Master
Group Icon

Veric

"Here," Veric said after several silent minutes of searching through dusty, stagnant alchemy supplies. "Essence of Boltet," he stood from behind a desk and held up three large vials stained green, labeled accordingly. "These should do the trick. Anything else you need from here? Research material?" he asked, picking up an empty bottle and examining it indifferently.

--------------------
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Feb 3 2007, 06:47 AM
Post #15

Master
Group Icon

Flogir, inside the mountain

Flogir withdrew Iceshard, keeping it trained on the downed Argonian. He was not going to underestimate his potential enemy. With his free hand, he managed to get out a lenth of rope from his pack.

"First off, I suggest we tie him up. You're injured and this guy has almost as many limbs as both of us combined with that tail of his. This guy has the look of a determined one, I don't want to give him any chances. Afterwards, we can ask as many questions as we wish," Flogir bodly said and tossed one end of the rope to Flint.

"Shall we?"

Voltar

Voltar was sniffing the contents of an unlabled vial and grimanced at the attack on his senses when Veric announced his discovery. Nodding, Voltar set the vial back down.

"Well, I wouldn't mind a quick peruse through the University's Library, it shan't take long, I promise," Voltar said, sounding as if he were a begging child. It seemed he was coming out of his reclusive shell a little bit.

Voltar quickly cleared his throat and his usual blank expression returned. "I believe the Library was behind one of the doors back on the bottom floor," he said as he approached the beacon that would take him back to the floor. "You're free to check out the rest of this place on your own if you're interested in looking for something else; you'll know where I'll be."

With that, he activated the beacon a dissolved back down to the entrance floor.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Feb 3 2007, 07:17 PM
Post #16

Master
Group Icon

Flint Ironwood, in the cave.

Flint nodded and focussed his mind on one end of the rope. Since he needed his remaining hand to hold his sword, he used Telekinesis to manipulate the rope. Together, they tied up the Argonian till he was completely immobile.

Flint admired their work for a moment.
,,Well, that's that I suppose. Since he won't be going anywhere for a while, maybe we should go back up and help out the kids? I bet they're having their hand full with whoever that was outside."

--------------------
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Feb 3 2007, 10:40 PM
Post #17

Master
Group Icon

Green-Root, tied up.

Green-Root felt like a fool. To let himself be surprised like this. Still, he knew that there was someone camping out further into the cave. What was once a large tunnel was now little more than an opening barely large enough to squeeze through, but it had to be enough.
,,Merethicus! Intruders!" He shouted at the top of his lungs. His captors glared at him angrily and he bared his teeth in return.
,,Don't expect me to act like a good little Argonian and do whatever you tell me to do."

Semir Grey, Off the Argonian coast.

Semir warmed his hands at the lantern in his cabin. He'd dried himself off with a towel as good as he could and changed into a new set of clothes. The flag he'd taken from the ship was spread out on the table.
,,So, none of the crew ever saw this writing before?" He asked the first mate, an Orc covered in scars and with only two teeth remaining.
,,None of them recognized it. Not that they need to. Snakepeople, they have to be from Akavir." The green man growled.
,,Well, not our problem anymore. They drowned, we didn't. That's all there is to it. I do have to admit that we were lucky. If we hadn't caught them by surprise, they might have killed some good sailors. Damn, those snakes sure know how to fight." Semir replied casually.

He stood up and looked out of the window at the ship's stern.
,,Akavir, they're quite a bit away from home. I wonder what they were looking for here." He snapped his fingers as he made up his decision.
,,Get those who've swam before to switch back to their wet clothes. We've got a sunken wreck to explore and treasure to seek! I'll join the hunt as well." He ordered with an excited gleam in his eyes that the first mate knew only too well. It was the gleam of his treasurehunter spirit.

This post has been edited by jack cloudy: Feb 3 2007, 10:48 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
lord_wanhoop
post Feb 3 2007, 10:45 PM
Post #18

Retainer

Merethicus

Merethicus looks up. Hey, that's 'Root. I suppose I'd better go drag his scaly backside out of the fire.

The young Imperial puts on his helmet and straps his shield to his arm, then strides into the cave, sword drawn.

"Evening, chaps. I don't suppose you're going to remove that rope from my friend there anytime soon, eh?"

--------------------
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Feb 4 2007, 12:50 AM
Post #19

Master
Group Icon

Flogir

Flogir was just about to suggest that Flint stay and guard since he was injured and that he would go and help the others when the Argonian called out for help.

Flogir punched the Argonian right in the snout. "Shutup! The exit's blocked anyway. No one is getting in here."

Unfortunately, that seemed to not be the case and he saw an man decked out in Bonemold armour squeeze through the opening. Flogir turned Iceshard upon the newcomer.

"I'm sorry, pal, but we need to ask our friend here some questions. He just needs some incentive since he hasn't been very agreeable. I suggest you just leave us alone and be on your way. I'm not interested in torturing, so long as he helps us out," Flogir explained, his eyes slitting dangerously, "Unless, you wanna volunteer yourself for our little questionaire."

--------------------

+Quote Post
lord_wanhoop
post Feb 4 2007, 12:55 AM
Post #20

Retainer

Merethicus

"Are you threatening me?" Merethicus raises a brow under his helm. "I'd advise against that. Why all that violence? Given proper and rewarding incentive, I'm sure the both of us could be persuaded to answer a question or two."

Though we may have to harm you afterwards.

--------------------
+Quote Post

11 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 02:17 PM