Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

121 Pages V « < 86 87 88 89 90 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today in Cyrodiil, spoilers version, TES: 4 Oblivion character accounts & stories
Lena Wolf
post Sep 9 2021, 08:44 AM
Post #1741

Mouth
Group Icon

I think it has to do with the size of the creature you're summonning. It is almost impossible to get a daedroth behind a gate, but a hunger or a skeleton manages it quite easily. I've done dremora lords too. You have to stand just at the right spot for it, and I found it isn't immediately with your nose against the gate but rather slightly back and to the side. And of course the space behind the gate must be large enough!

--------------------
"What is life's greatest illusion?"
"Innocence, my brother."

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
macole
post Sep 12 2021, 06:50 AM
Post #1742

Mouth
Group Icon

20210912 Umbacano NothingYouCanPossess
Morning came and had finally stopped. The overcast sky made traveling a bit more comfortable: a little cooler but no less humid. Following Elenya’s map we turned east on a path that will take us past Mackamentain and the Crementine Temple (Hentai Mania II).

It was starting to get dark as we passed Crementine Temple and we were beginning to think of stopping for dinner. The sight of an Imperial Pheasant was too much to resist. Haven’t visited the White Wing in a while, let’s take her dinner. With dinner in hand we spent the night as guests of the LiLia the White Wing.

Next day we continued our journey east toward Malada. The road crossed the Silverfish River were it soon changed to a foot path leading up into the Valus Mountains.

Haven’t we’ve been this way recently? There’s Arrowshaft Cavern is just to the north and Lost Boy Cavern is a short ways to the south.

Passing by an encampment Elenya mentioned that a wolf had told her to speak to the nearby campers. Good advice it surely doesn’t hurt to ask about the lay of the land. Then I thought most campers in Cyrodiil are a very private kind of people that take a dim view of being disturbed. I prepared for a rude welcome just in case.

Stopping at the camp for a chat, we spoke to Brucetus Fastinius and Rigmor. Asking about Malada, Brucetus told me that you have to be crazy to go in there. Both he and Rigmor claim they’re just here to enjoy beautiful scenery and fresh air.

After a short visit we continued on. Rounding a large boulder we ran into S’razirr. The Khajiit tells a different story. S’razirr says he and the other two have been hired by Claude Maric. He doesn’t trust Maric. He thinks that Maric is cheating him. S’razirr offers to aid us for a slice of the Umbacano’s reward.

His asking price is 50%. Kind of steep but my Ladies all agree that I can afford it. I think they don’t like Claude Maric too much and would like to cause Maric as much trouble as they can.

The arrangements taken care of we leave S’razirr and make our way to Malada’s entrance. We hadn’t taken two steps when a ground shaking roar erupted from the distant hillside.

“By the Mother of all things, it’s a dragon!”

Crashing down the hillside it came. Blowing a thick cloud of flame, it charged straight at us

Someone, I think it was S’razirr, yelled, “Run away!”

Determined to defend their Jandaga, Elenya and Pym raced to meet the threat while Kaleah pinned the beast down with her fiery arrows. This gave me time to run to Malada’s entrance.

Thankfully it was the standard Ayleid enchanted entrance that everyone knows how to open. A wave of my hand and a press of the correct key on the panel was all it took for the door to silently slide open.

Why when you’re in a rush do these things take so long?

Diving inside I turned and called for My Ladies. With a split second to spare Kaleah, Elenya, and Pym squeezed through the door just before it slid shut leaving us alone in the dark corridor.

Kaleah snatched me up in a great hug, “My gallant Feache, I knew you could do it!”

With my feet dangling in the air I whispered in her ear, “Better put me down so I can alter the door so the dragon can’t get in.”

My feet back on the ground I placed a hand on the stone entrance door and concentrated. The structure of the stone shifted, went soft and swirled briefly then snapped back to its original shape, only different. A voice silently boomed, “Master, none shall pass.”

Fro me, even with an extremely high Alteration skill locking a door is so much harder than unlocking one. So as expected, I staggered backwards in a faint.

Before I could hit the stone floor Elenya and Pym caught me. I rested in their tender support for the brief moment it took to recover. Had it not been for important matters at hand, I could’ve milked it a whole lot longer. But, we do have things to do.

Aside from a gas filled room that contained two Dark Welkynd Stones, Malada wasn’t too difficult to navigate. It didn’t take long for us to find the unique gate Umbacano had told us about. Opening the Ayleid gate with Umbacano’s key we stepped into a large room. There on the far wall hung the Ayleid Carving.

We stood there a moment thinking, “Well that was easy.”

Removing the carving from the wall opened the jaws of oblivion. There was a slow rising rumble coming from the wall that once held the carving. We jumped back avoiding being crushed as the wall collapsed. At the same time two secret doors opened releasing a horde of hideous monstrosities.

When the dust had settled we were faced with the door to Malada-Aldmerisel.

“We have what we came for, my Jandaga,” said Elenya. “Now, should we go for the gusto or settle for lite beer?”

“It’s late, everything is quiet. Let’s rest a moment and think.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
Endure and through enduring grow strong.
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Sep 12 2021, 12:31 PM
Post #1743

Mouth
Group Icon

Ooh, I like the dragon! Alduin has been busy, I see. Where did it come from?

Interestingly enough, we didn't meet S'razzir on our visit to Malada - there were just the "tourists" out for fresh air. He must have gotten lost taking in the sights. wink.gif

--------------------
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
macole
post Sep 12 2021, 06:25 PM
Post #1744

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lena Wolf @ Sep 12 2021, 06:31 AM) *

Ooh, I like the dragon! Alduin has been busy, I see. Where did it come from?

Interestingly enough, we didn't meet S'razzir on our visit to Malada - there were just the "tourists" out for fresh air. He must have gotten lost taking in the sights. wink.gif

Several types of dragons are added by Maskar's Oblivion Overhaul. I've only encountered two full grrown Shadow Dragons and young ones of the other types. My advice is when they breath that cloud of fire, "run away".

S'razirr was standing around not too far away but on the otherside of the trail.

This post has been edited by macole: Sep 12 2021, 06:25 PM

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 12 2021, 07:05 PM
Post #1745

Paladin
Group Icon

The appearance of that dragon was certainly a surprise! Buffy knows that there are indeed dragons in Oblivion. Screenshot

Great picture of that Ayleid carving - thanks to Twinkle.

Uh-oh, another surprise as Daedra pour from a secret door.

This post has been edited by Acadian: Sep 12 2021, 07:11 PM

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
macole
post Sep 12 2021, 10:00 PM
Post #1746

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Sep 12 2021, 01:05 PM) *

The appearance of that dragon was certainly a surprise! Buffy knows that there are indeed dragons in Oblivion. Screenshot

The Jandaga and his Ladies have heard bards sing the tales of the famed dragonrider.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
macole
post Sep 14 2021, 05:47 AM
Post #1747

Mouth
Group Icon

20210913 Malada - Adonnay’s Elven Weaponry
(Sometimes things within my game happen that are totally unexpected. There’s a shop mod that I’ve had in my install order for as long as I can remember. Beautiful swords and bow but way over priced, I hardly ever shop there. Makes me wonder why I keep it installed. Perhaps I just like the name, Adonnay’s Elven Weaponry. So from a shop mod I sure didn’t expect what happened next.)

“Go for the gusto or drink lite beer.”

Something about those words sent my mind a reeling. Pointing the Light of Dawn at the Ayleid gate I shouted,

“Forward, the Light Brigade!
Charge for the guns!”
“Into the valley of Death
Into the mouth of hell
Ride like the six hundred.”

Elenya nudged Kaleah and quietly asked, “What is he going on about?”

“I have no idea,” Kaleah replied. “Battle fatigue, I guess. He’s not been getting the proper rest lately.”

“Oh,” Elenya said with a sly grin, “We know how to cure that, don’t we?”

“Yeah,” sighed Kaleah. Then after a long pause she added, “The Goddess Store.”

Pym gave the both of them a quizzical look and shook her head.

Entering Malada-Aldmerisel we were immediately rewarded with the discovery of a varla stone. What could be better than that?

A little further into Malada Aldmerisel we approached a long dark hallway. There was a strange green glow at the far end of the hall. The excitement of finding the Varla Stone passed as we wondered what could be causing the green glow.

It was a long, tension filled walk down the hall. Nothing happened, no sneak attacks, not even a mouse stirred on the floor. But there still was that something at the far end of the hall. Couldn’t quite make out what it was until we got much closer.

A giant stone statue of a sword maiden stood silently at the end of the hall. Nearly twice my height it even towered over Kaleah. It was amazing to look at. Whoever sculpted this statue was a master craftsman. It absolutely looked like it could get up and move about.

And then she did!

The Sword Guardian’s (Adonnay’s) head turned to face us making sounds like stones grinding together. The statue exhaled like someone who had been holding their breath for ages and then took an equally deep breath. Slowly at first she raised her sword high and took a step toward us. Her movements became faster and faster with each passing moment. With her sword flashing through the air with the speed of lightning, she attacked.

In the cramped hallway of Malada we had gotten ourselves bunched up together. The Sword Guardian bowled through us, scattering us like a rack of skittles.

She was tough. It took some time for the stone armored giant to succumb to our combined attack. In the end we were left feeling exhausted.

For the briefest moment at the end the stone armor faded from Sword Guardian, showing her as she truly was. With her dying breath she uttered, “I have failed.” Then the stone enveloped her again

I took the two handed sword “Ithildin” (Adonnay’s Eleven Weaponry) that lay on the floor next to the Sword Guardian and we proceeded to the next room of Aldmerisel.

There we were attacked by some sort of corprus beast. Stepping further into the room we beset by a horde of the demented beasts. They came storming into the room from a long dark hallway at the far side of the room.
With our backs up against the wall we prepared to accept the charging mass of death dealers. As the wave of death streamed into the center of the room the floor shot up to ceiling. When the floor dropped back down the army of monsters was vastly reduced.

I’ve never been so happy to see one of these Ayleid floor traps in action than I was today.

All that was left was a handful of undead creatures; corprus stalkers, a couple of lich, skeletons, and ghosts.

When that was over, we decided that we had had enough of this place. Eager to get out of Malada we made haste to get to the exit.

Stepping out into the late afternoon sun we were surprised to be greeted by Claude Maric. Denying his demand to hand over the carving, Maric called for his three hirelings to attack. Brucetus Fastinius and Rigmor charged us while true to his word S’razirr turned on Maric.

Sensing the deception Maric didn’t wait around to watch the slaughter. He mounted his horse and under a cloak of invisibility sped away. Wouldn’t hurt me if we never meet Maric again.

Before S’razirr walked off he reminded us of our bargain. “Tiber Septim Hotel, bring this one money.”

With that business done we spent the night resting at the now vacant camp once owned by Claude Maric’s mercenaries.

Early the next day after a comfortable night’s sleep we began journey south to the Panther.

This post has been edited by macole: Sep 14 2021, 05:53 AM

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 14 2021, 06:52 PM
Post #1748

Paladin
Group Icon

Stone statues that begin to move are usually a bad thing. This battle did yield a nifty sword though it seems.

Neat indeed that an Ayleid floor trap worked in your favor for a change. tongue.gif

Too bad Maric got away, but at least it was empty-handed.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
macole
post Sep 14 2021, 09:49 PM
Post #1749

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Sep 14 2021, 12:52 PM) *

Stone statues that begin to move are usually a bad thing. This battle did yield a nifty sword though it seems.

I was thinking of The Golden Voyage of Sinbad (1974) - Battle with Kali the whole time I was trying to describe the scene.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 18 2021, 12:29 PM
Post #1750

Councilor
Group Icon

I know what you mean about keeping stuff installed but never using it. For Cyrodiil, this is truest with homes for me. Sometimes I'll install a home (or keep, or abandoned chapel...) but none of mine ever owns these places or even goes inside. It's more like these places just add to the landscape, they make a town feel more lively, and so on. smile.gif

Go for the gusto or drink lite beer was a commercial, right? laugh.gif

Wow, that statue is spooky. Sort of like the draugr in Skyrim. Sometimes we walk right by them. And then when starts to move I always get goosebumps, man! panic.gif indifferent.gif

Oh YES sometimes traps can be a blessing! Getting enemies to walk into them always makes my day. SMASH!!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
macole
post Sep 19 2021, 07:05 AM
Post #1751

Mouth
Group Icon

20210919 Adonnay’s Elven Weaponry, VH-OVB Panther River

Early the next day after a comfortable night’s sleep we began our journey south to the Panther River. As beautiful days go we soon found ourselves lost in the lush dense jungle. Blame it on Ithildin, the sword we recovered in Malada-Aldmerisel.

Talking as we walked south the discussion drifted to the origins of the sword Ithildin. That the artifact was ancient was indisputable. It was the script etched on Ithildin that drove the debate.

My Ladies all agreed it wasn’t Ayleid, Daedric, Man, Mer, or even Tsaesci in origin. They all laughed when I proposed that it could be Bird-men. No, they didn’t learn to write until meeting Topol the Pilot.

Elenya produced Liuthien’s diary which we had recovered in Sideways Cave years ago. Pointing to a passage Elenya said, “Ithildin’s enchantment is structured similarily to those used on the swords of Prince Liutasil and his captains Fenrod the Sword Master and Liuthien the Archer (Elfenwacht v2.2). They came from a place they called Noldor. This sword could be from there.”

“But we could read Liuthien’s diary. I can’t read the script on Ithildin.” Holding onto my arm, Pym nodded her head vigorously in agreement.

“She could be on to something,” Kaleah said while leafing through a copy of The Faerie and other texts on Sylphim Fey. “The script resembles Tengwar used by ancient Aelf.”

“Well, well. I always wondered where Adonnay got his inventory. Maybe the Archeology Guild should enlist him as an agent”

We were so engrossed in trying to decipher the script etched on the blade that we weren’t paying attention to where we were going. We just rambled about until we stumbled upon a cave not marked on Elenya’s map. Its name is Blood Clot Cave (OOO).

Now, that’s a vampire sounding name if I’ve ever heard one. Turned out it was several underground lakes connected by submerged tunnels occupied by peaceful Argonian smugglers. Blood Clot Cave in fact is the OOO Argonian Smugglers faction base of operations. The smugglers allowed us to roam freely as they told us about their fight against the Dunmer Slavers.

We left Blood Clot Cave in peace and continued stumbling around the jungle a bit more before finding Leafrot Cave. The name didn’t sound vampy but we decided to investigate anyway. Leafrot Cave is now rid of many decaying undead but not one vampire was found

Consulting her map Elenya (it’s about time) suggested Fort Redwater.

Hmmm, red water? Has a certain vampire ring to it. The most notable thing upon entering Fort Redwater was that there was no seductive feel to the place. No syrupy sweet maiden’s voice singing enticingly to me to lay down my arms and surrender. Something was wrong here but I couldn’t tell what.

Turning to Kaleah for her opinion I could see how tense and nervous she had become. She felt it too. She was fidgety, unable to relax, a real live wire. The place was psychotic. Yes, there were vampires here and they were real psycho killers.

As rabid cries of “I want your blood” echoed through the halls of the fort our doubts of vampires being here were soon proven to be unfounded. Blood crazed vampires rushed to attack us. We killed four of them in no time flat.
With the first zone of Fort Redwater now clear of vampires we entered the Halls of Glory.
They should have called it Hall of Gory.

In the beginning the Hall of Glory was quiet. A few coffins here and there but that was about it. The quiet dark corridors had lulled us into a false sense of comfort. We had been ignoring the steadily increasing noise rising from deep in the hall.

Rounding a corner we came to runway leading to a staircase. Just before the stairs sat a large coffin. The staircase led down to what may have been at one time a grand ballroom. From down below we could hear the rabid vampires crying for our blood.

My Ladies, hearing the invitations to dance raced down the stairs to find their partners. Surveying the floor below

I noticed that the dance floor was packed with vampires. Not wanting My Ladies to be overwhelmed by suitors I summoned some help. The Sisters of Insanity eagerly responded as did a cloven hoofed Bloody Succubus, and Marcus the Dremora Lord.

It’s good that Marcus came this time as there were several female vampires that needed his special attention. What the gigolo he is.

Heading to the staircase to go down and join the dance I was met by Master Vostrus, Hindaril’s Chosen. Outfitted in Imperial Watch armor I at first mistook Vostrus as an officer of the Watch come to assist in clearing Fort Redwater. A glimpse of his fangs told me how wrong I was.

Dueling around the large coffin the fiery strikes of Light of Dawn began to take their toll on Master Vostrus. He broke and ran down the steps trying to get lost in the grand melee below.

Giving chase I cornered him and ended his reign of terror on the Panther.

With dusting of Master Vostrus one of the Panther River clan leaders had been eliminated. Now I turned my attention to helping my Ladies cleanup the place. A glorious day! All told we dusted 12 vampires in the Hall of Glory.

Exhausted, we looted the place and cleaned out a corner for a well deserved rest.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 19 2021, 08:23 PM
Post #1752

Paladin
Group Icon

Some folks spend their time doing chores like dusting; others prefer vampire hunting. In the Jandanga's case, they turned out to be one in the same. tongue.gif

That first picture of the forest is simply beautiful.

Oh, and always nice to have Twinkle shining light on things.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
macole
post Sep 22 2021, 08:01 AM
Post #1753

Mouth
Group Icon

20210922 SNUs – Fort Redwater Crypt

Rested, we headed back to the fort’s entrance. Nearing the exit of the Halls of Glory we noticed a door we had missed on the way in.

“Feache, sorry about the confusion earlier,” Kaleah said. “There was so much going on that I couldn’t explain it. I think it had something to do with what’s behind that door. It’s just not right.”

Master Vostrus was only one of the Panther River clan leaders that needed to be eliminated. The thought that others could be lurking behind the door before us compelled us to investigate. We opened the door to Redwater Crypt and entered.

Proceeding with the usual extreme caution didn’t prevent danger from finding us. Our first encounter was with an amorous lich. She tried convincing me that I’d be better off staying with her rather than continuing on. My Ladies had other thoughts and convinced the lich she was wrong.

After that all was quiet through the long dark hallways until we came to an open doorway. There we were ambushed by five vampires. I really shouldn’t say ambushed. With their bloodcurdling screams they gave no appearance whatsoever of being stealthy. The vampires were easily overcome

Crossing a room and passing through another doorway we stepped into a wide subterranean plaza. The walls of this chamber were at least six stories high. In speechless wonder we marveled at the number of what we thought were apartment balconies. Who could be living here?

The closer we got the more apparent it became that our first impression was wrong… kind of. Those weren’t balconies leading to apartments they were shelves holding coffins and burial vaults.

Maybe they were apartments but not for the living. What is this place a vampire hotel/motel?

“Mother of all creation what is that!”

“Crypt-Keeper!” shouted Elenya when a mountain of a creature stepped from around a corner.

Kaleah bristled; her fiery arrows flew through the air at an impossible rate while Elenya and Pym charged ahead to meet the terror.

The battle with the Crypt-Keeper woke the residents of the vampire hotel and soon the plaza was being overrun with the bloodsuckers. Four well armored swordsmen supported by six lightly armored assassins, seven bowmen, and two mages all screaming for our blood poured out of the coffins stored in the walls of the plaza.

Well we came to fight vampires now here they are. Calling on the usual support we rightly laid into the Crypt Keeper and his guests.

When it was over and all was quiet we surveyed the area as we looted the place.

The Blood Works. Pumping fresh blood to all the residents.

The Dining Room. A vampire feast of fresh hearts to eat and blood to drink.

The Trophy Room. The most notable item is the Serpent Dagger resting on a red velvet cushion.

The Treasury Room. Big heap of treasure too heavy and bulky to carry we left where it lay.

The Light of Dawn has now consumed the life force of 280 vampires. Twenty more should purge the vampire taint completely from the blade. Where can I find twenty more vampires?

At the far end of the Crypt we found a doorway marked with the odd name of Redwater Crypt Entrance. The name made us wonder, “I this is the entrance did we come in through the back door?”

Before I could say “in we go” Kaleah suggested that we cash in the loot first and come back later.

“It’s too heavy and I can’t move well carrying all this stuff!” she said with a petulant little scowl.

How could I say no to that Dremora blade waving in front of my face.

Using the Midas Astral Gateway we set a mark and teleported to our home and OVB Guild Hall in Leyawiin.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 22 2021, 01:05 PM
Post #1754

Councilor
Group Icon

The Light of Dawn has now consumed the life force of 280 vampires.

Wow, that's impressive, Feache. I mean Jandaga.

Are you doing the Panther River part of OVB or some other quest? I remember it took awhile to find that vampire lair. Edit: I see now, you did Panther River last update. Really outstanding architecture with these lairs, by the way.

Really uh... interesting names OOO gives their dungeons. emot-ninja1.gif

With the first zone of Fort Redwater now clear of vampires we entered the Halls of Glory.
They should have called it Hall of Gory.

Ha ha! laugh.gif

You did a really good job building suspense during this part... as noises build and they are distracted looking up old tomes and whatnot.

I am still confused though; was Halls of Gory part of Vampire Hunting? I have no memory of any of that, if so (not that that matters... my memory is terrible for gaming events sometimes).

This post has been edited by Renee: Sep 22 2021, 01:14 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
macole
post Sep 22 2021, 03:41 PM
Post #1755

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Sep 22 2021, 07:05 AM) *

Wow, that's impressive, Feache. I mean Jandaga.

Are you doing the Panther River part of OVB or some other quest? I remember it took awhile to find that vampire lair. Edit: I see now, you did Panther River last update. Really outstanding architecture with these lairs, by the way.

I have no idea where to look. Traveling from the north and looking at the map I tried to choose locations with names fitting vampires. Fort Redwater was my third choice. Bloodrun Cave also sounds suitable.

Really uh... interesting names OOO gives their dungeons. emot-ninja1.gif

Blood Clot Cave, yeah.

I am still confused though; was Halls of Gory part of Vampire Hunting? I have no memory of any of that, if so (not that that matters... my memory is terrible for gaming events sometimes).

You are correct . While the Halls of Glory is part of Fort Redwater the vampire Master Vostrus is part of Vampire Hunting. Where the other Panther River vampires are located, I don't know. Hope I don't have to search every fort and cave along the Panther. For now though, I'll explore this SNUs addition to Fort Redwater.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 22 2021, 06:54 PM
Post #1756

Paladin
Group Icon

An amorous lich? That’s a terrifying thought. I have seen an amorous hagraven in ESO and that’s bad enough.

Your description of the tall wall featuring countless ‘balconies’ was great – and vampiric coffin shelves came right to mind, given where you were.

Very handy to be able to summon help to match what that crypt keeper had for minions.

What a hoot seeing the Jandanga so loaded up with loot he could hardly move! laugh.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
macole
post Sep 26 2021, 05:36 AM
Post #1757

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Sep 22 2021, 12:54 PM) *

An amorous lich? That’s a terrifying thought. I have seen an amorous hagraven in ESO and that’s bad enough.

Your description of the tall wall featuring countless ‘balconies’ was great – and vampiric coffin shelves came right to mind, given where you were.

Very handy to be able to summon help to match what that crypt keeper had for minions.

What a hoot seeing the Jandanga so loaded up with loot he could hardly move! laugh.gif

Hagraven, I think I'd rather deal with the lich. After all the fine is only 500 gold.

Thanks.

The Jandaga's Conjuration skill is 105 before enhancements. He thinks conjuration is the most powerful skill and for obvious reasons the most beautiful.

The Ladies would have help carry some of the Big Heap had it not been for their overriding fear of breaking a nail.

This post has been edited by macole: Sep 26 2021, 06:23 AM

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
macole
post Sep 26 2021, 06:39 AM
Post #1758

Mouth
Group Icon

20210925 Snu’s – Redwater Entrance to the Crypt
It’s a shame my Ladies wouldn’t help carry the Big Treasure Heap but I perfectly understand how devastating a broken nail can be. Selling that heap would have added hours more to the time we spent in the shops. Why we may have had enough time to come to a consensus on what exactly the Crypt Keeper was.

Some of us thought he was one of the living rock Fae creatures. Others suggested it was a Dwemer construct. Whatever it was we all agreed that it was a chilling thought to think there’s a vampire resort hotel existing so close to the empire’s capitol city.

Returning to Redwater Crypt via the Midas Astral Gateway we entered Redwater Entrance to the Crypt. We ascended a steep narrow staircase to a platform shrouded in total darkness. Twinkle was a little slow coming up the steps leaving us to stumble around in the dark. Lights from a few torches could be seen far off in the distance. Took one step too many toward them and fell off the platform.

Thankfully, after a maybe a twenty foot drop we splashed into the inky-black waters of a deep lake. That may have been the only good thing about it. Having sent our Guiding Light back to where she came so Twinkle wouldn’t extinguish herself in the water (she doesn’t swim well) we swam around in the dark water for the longest time. Starlight, night vision, and water breathing spells are invaluable in situations like this. Eventually we found a rope ladder that took us back up to the platform we fell off of.

Did I just hear someone say, “dessert anyone?”

Calling Twinkle back to light our way we were greeted with the gleaming grins of three vampires emerging from a small doorway in the wall to our left. Later as we were collecting their dust we sincerely apologized for having spoilt their dinner plans.

Investigating the room that the vampires emerged from we discovered an altar dedicated to some vile vampire deity, providing they have one that is.. On the altar lay the drained body of the vampire’s latest victim.

Now that we were now able to get a better look at the place we were left wondering how to describe it. Aside from the one small room with the altar all we could see was three stone masonry towers extending up from the lake bottom up to the roof of this vast cavern. A series of wooden ramps connected the towers together. Twinkle’s light is not strong enough to show us if there was anything beyond the towers.

Climbing the wooden ramps we explored the tower structure from bottom to top. No answers were found to the questions; who built it and why?

Luck was with us this day. We were about ready to call it off and leave Fort Redwater the way we came when we saw, much to our surprise, an Orc Adventurer winding his way up the wooden ramps. Up this ramp, down that one, double back here, and then he stepped off a platform into what appeared to black nothingness. He didn’t fall to his death. He just kept on walking.

From our vantage point we studied the route he took on the wooden ramps. Following his route we managed to locate the spot where the Orc Adventurer stepped off the walk. Off in the dark distance we could see the Orc’s torchlight bobbing along as he searched for treasure.

Following the bouncing ball of light took us past a crypt. We stopped to see if the Orc had missed anything of value. It was a small seemingly insignificant one room crypt. I say “seemingly insignificant” because of the very deadly falling floor trap we nearly fell into. It’s something you expect defending the resting place of a high ranking lord or a great treasure. We found neither here.

Leaving the crypt we found the Orc s combing the area near a crumbling roundhouse keep. The Orc Adventurer was inside the keep sifting through a bone pit when we caught up with him. Finished with the bone pit the Orc moved onto another room in the roundhouse, The Shrine.

The Shrine, how can one explain all the green moss covered walls and lush vegetation growing in such a sunless cavern other than that the Mother of All Creation had laid her hand to rest here?

Two things dashed our hopes of finding a shrine to Nir. The first was discovering the remains of a pilgrim. In his dying note he blames his wife for demanding he take a sacrifice to this vampire overrun shrine. Now trapped he hopes an adventurer will find him. “Everyone wants to be an adventurer these days surely one will find me and help me escape,” he writes.

Hmmm, by the meager amount of gold we found on his person we wondered what or more likely who was the sacrifice.

The second was the shrine itself. The sense of evil emanating from the idol was overwhelming. If this once was a holy place, it surely is not one now.

Leaving the Shrine we picked up the trail of the Orc once again. His path took us past a second crypt. On our approach a voice called out, “Who’s there?”

Three vampires didn’t wait for an answer before attacking. They tried to prevent us from entering the crypt but failed. This crypt is much like the first only twice the size of crypt #1 and without the floor trap. The second room was large and empty except for a large locked treasure chest in one corner and a large grey boulder sitting in another corner.

Ha, the Orc missed one. Maybe the joke is on us for when we opened the chest the dark boulder in the far corner began to uncurled. A massive armored vampire guard hound came charging across the floor.

We were able to defeat the hound and loot the chest before leaving the Shrine with the hope of catching up with the Orc again.

Crossing a rope and plank bridge we were saddened to find the Orc’s body lying in the bushes on the other side. Apparently attacked as he was heading toward the door that we could see just a few feet away. Sad to think he had let his guard down when he was so close to leaving this forsaken place.

Opening the door and stepping through, we found ourselves standing in Redwater Slough.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Sep 27 2021, 01:02 PM
Post #1759

Mouth
Group Icon

I must say, those dungeons are impressive. Reminds me of Two Worlds 2 a lot. And a rock that turned out to be a sleeping hound - that's a classic! biggrin.gif

Investigating the room that the vampires emerged from we discovered an altar dedicated to some vile vampire deity, providing they have one that is.. On the altar lay the drained body of the vampire’s latest victim.

The deity should be Molag Bal. However, some vampires also dare to worship Sithis. ohmy.gif

--------------------
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 27 2021, 03:30 PM
Post #1760

Councilor
Group Icon

You aren't kidding about broken nails. They can buy nails at Goddess Store if I'm not mistaken. unsure.gif And they count as armor I think, so they can break. indifferent.gif

Vampires do worship deities, although I don't remember which ones. Should be on this page, but I don't have time to read. Edit: Ninja'd by Lena. emot-ninja1.gif

Ha ha yet another Orc Adventurer bites the big one. Oops, no he didn't. Oops, yes he did.

So are they done with this Vampire Hunting segment? evillol.gif

This post has been edited by Renee: Sep 27 2021, 03:35 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

121 Pages V « < 86 87 88 89 90 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 11:43 AM