Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

121 Pages V « < 85 86 87 88 89 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today in Cyrodiil, spoilers version, TES: 4 Oblivion character accounts & stories
macole
post Aug 23 2021, 08:17 AM
Post #1721

Mouth
Group Icon

20210823 VH-OVB Underpall Cave

It took a day and a half of travel before we arrived at the entrance to Underpall Cave.

Kaleah didn’t have to say anything about vampires. She didn’t have to, all the evidence of the danger we faced was clearly written on the walls of the very first cavern room we entered.

Would you look at all those coffins!”

Passing quietly through the coffin room so as not to disturb the dead, we had just entered another dark tunnel when we heard a noise coming from behind us. Expecting undead to be sneaking up on us we turned back to face the danger. Imagine our surprise to see an overly eager Bosmer with flaming red hair running to catch up with us.

Just what do you think you’re doing? Trying to get yourself killed!”

Claiming to be a new OVB recruit from the Leyawiin Chapter the Bosmer told us a strange tale. His Leyawiin trainer had trainer wished he’d to go to the Imperial City for further training. After some time in the Imperial city Roland suggested he that maybe he could assist with the Underpall task. And so here he is.

The way the eager recruit went on and on and on reminded me of one annoying fan we met outside the Arena. I think I understand why Roland sent the recruit out into the field.

His non-stop yakking got to Kaleah. She gave the redhead Bosmer her best daedric fang filled smile and suggested he stay here and guard the chamber. I don’t think he understood Kaleah’s smile. Not one bit. The little idiot chose a spot to stand guard and began singing praises to the greatest vampire hunter ever.

Kaleah and Elenya burst out laughing. Pym clapped her hands over her mouth and doubled over.

“I think he’s talking about you, Jandaga,” Elenya giggled.

“Not a very bright fellow, is he?” Kaleah chided after composing herself. With a wink to Pym and Elenya she continued, “He doesn’t know an Elf Lord is nothing without his Ladies.”

Into the next dark tunnel we went. The short tunnel took us a second large room. It looked like a cemetery in front of the stone walls and gate of a roundhouse keep.

We entered the keep to be greeted by a small force of skeletal warriors and other undead.

A thorough search of the North and South Wings revealed little. Although our expedition was greatly hindered by a seemingly inexhaustible horde of undead, aside from some very interesting wall sculptures (SNUS) in the South Wing we found very little evidence of the reported vampire activity.

Compared to the South Wing the North Wing was rather plain. That doesn’t mean it’s lacking undead to fight. One very powerful necromancer, a Master of the Dead (OOO) and a few nether lich summoned enough monstrosities to make things interesting. Still there were no vampires.

Kaleah doesn’t understand. She can sense them and the Light of Dawn trembles in my hand in anticipation but where are the vampires?

“Here’s another passage way we’ve overlooked,” Elenya calls out.

How did we miss this one, I don’t know. Down the hall we go fighting our way until we reach the gate to the Underpall Reflecting Chamber.

(It was here after going through the North and South wings I wanted to see how different Underpall looked without SNUS enhancements. So I went looking on YouTube and in the UESP. That was interesting but the biggest change dealt with Knights of the Nine. It’s been over 10-years since I played KotN that I forgot that KotNine adds an ancient artifact and an additional five wraiths to Underpall Reflecting Chamber. By the Lady, I’d hate to see what OOO and MOO does with that.
I’ve spent a few days trying to decide if I wanted to advance KotN in order to get the full effect of the final battle. After all, as an artifact hunter searching for the relics would be something that the Jandaga conceivably would do. In the end, not being a big fan of KotN I decided not to and continued on as is. Good thing too. The final battle was bad enough as is.)

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
Endure and through enduring grow strong.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 23 2021, 12:55 PM
Post #1722

Councilor
Group Icon

Hey, I've been gaming with Renee Gade III this month and she just passed by Underpall! Didn't go in, though. emot-ninja1.gif One of these one of mine will collide with Jandaga. We've done so with Lothran a few times over the years.

The way the eager recruit went on and on and on reminded me of one annoying fan

That was my first thought! Uh oh, here he comes! panic.gif That elf seems too big to be the Fan though.

Underpall + Snus does sound rather scarier. indifferent.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 23 2021, 10:16 PM
Post #1723

Paladin
Group Icon

Maybe he's the Adoring Fan's taller red-headed brother? Either way, seems like Roland is wise:
'I think I understand why Roland sent the recruit out into the field.' wink.gif
Seems like the Jandanga and his Ladies are too kind to simply assign the fellow to point duty for the dungeon delve. evillol.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
macole
post Aug 23 2021, 11:47 PM
Post #1724

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Aug 23 2021, 04:16 PM) *

Seems like the Jandanga and his Ladies are too kind to simply assign the fellow to point duty for the dungeon delve. evillol.gif

Oh, now I got to do it again to see what happens if he comes along.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
macole
post Aug 27 2021, 08:15 AM
Post #1725

Mouth
Group Icon

20210827 VH-OVB & OOO Underpall Cave Reflecting Chamber

The door opened and we entered Underpall’s Reflecting Chamber.

“The night is young and full of possibilities.
Well, come on and let yourself be free.
My love for you so long I've been savin'.
Tonight was made for me and you.”

“Can you hear her, Kaleah? She sings so sweetly.”

Kaleah grabbed a rare stake from her pack. As it burst into flame she mumbled something about “sticking it in her eye”. At least I thought she said eye.

Quietly we crept though the corridor, turned left at the first intersection, passed a large marble crypt, before we pushed opened a small wooden door. Stepping cautiously we could why the Reflecting Chamber got its name. An altar with several burning candles stood on the rocky banks of a subterranean lake. The bright candle light danced on surface of the lake reflecting up to give the cavern roof an eerie glow.

One of VH-OVB’s femme fatal trio didn’t allow us time to reflect on the wondrous looks of the chamber.
The second of the femme fatal trio, a vampire archer joined her sister but we were too strong and they fled toward the lake. My Ladies and I gave chase.

As we neared the altars by the lake something unexpected happened. The two female vampires raced toward altars where sat three male necromancers. The necromancers rose up to join the vamps and the five turned to face us.

What kind of unholy alliance is this? It didn’t take long to find out.

These are not your ordinary run of the mill necromancers. They come from the powerful MOO and OOO Necro schools. The necromancers began cutting angry runes in the air. Soon the chamber was full of undead machinations; ghouls, mummies, skeletons, spectral warriors, wraiths, and draugr. To even the odds a bit, I called the Sisters of Insanity and a Dremora Lord.

I’m glad Markie came rather than Markus. Markie is so much more fun to watch.

The battle raged, flowing from one end of the chamber to the other.

And then I saw her, The Prettiest Bloodsucker I’ve Ever Seen (that really is her in-game name). With my Ladies busy with the other vampire vamps, necromancers and several spectral warriors, I forgot all else thinking only of chasing chase down Miss Pretty.

I soon had Miss Pretty cornered. Tempting thoughts of sheathing my sword, taking her up in my arms, and ravishing her crept into my mind.

My Jandaga, don’t look into her eyes!” I heard Elenya scream.

“Don’t listen, don’t look, next you’ll be saying don’t touch!”

“Only until it is dead, then you can fondle its dust all you want,” Kaleah’s voice echoed throughout the cavern.

Out of the darkness, Fayth Noor the most powerful of the three necromancers appeared suddenly just as I was about to ring Miss Pretty’s bell.

That mace Fayth Noor carries packs quite a wallup. Good thing he’s less of a fan of melee than I am, he summoned a nether lich and an ancient wraith and then promptly disappeared under the cloak of invisibility.
The lich and wraith dealt with I continued my pursuit of the pretty vampire. She was attempting to get a sword from the altar when I caught up to her.

Kaleah saw her chance to stick it to Miss Pretty but failed when Vyctabyth Coopersley, a MOO Necromancer interceded. Again the pretty vamp escaped.

Vyctabyth had Kaleah and Elenya down. My pursuit of the pretty vampire had to be put aside. I couldn’t leave Elenya and Kaleah in their time of need. Rushing to their aid I was able to keep the necromancer at bay giving my valiant Ladies time to recover. Once they recovered enough to resume the fight, I left it to them to put an end to the necromancer.

The Prettiest Vampire I’ve Ever Seen didn’t get far. I caught up with her at the docks. An Argonian skeleton warrior was with her. Feelings of sorrow and guilt washed over me as I rang her bell.

The feeling of regret for having to destroy such a beautiful creature continued as I helped My Ladies tackled Fayth Noor. He was a particularly difficult necromancer. It took all of us whaling away on him before he succumbed.

When all was said and done I examined the items on the shrine altar a blood stained note and a sword. The note addressed to Lady Noor mentions the sword Soul Wail craves the blood of the Archmage. It was signed by Mannimarco.

Well my old friend Mannimarco is going to be a wee bit disappointed that I the Archmage got the sword before Fayth Noor could use it. Manni is also slightly confused. Fayth Noor is no lady. Fayth Noor is a male. Unless he means The Prettiest Vampire I’ve Seen. Well anyways the sword will be added to my artifact collection.

The morgue shot: Vampire Scout, Prettiest Bloodsucker I’ve Ever Seen, Vampire Archer, Vyctabyth Coopersley (MOO), Keeper of the Dead (OOO), Fayth Noor (OOO), Mummy (Creature Diversity).

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Aug 27 2021, 08:49 AM
Post #1726

Mouth
Group Icon

Gosh, no shortage of adversity here! The eruption of the Red Mountain really messed up your world - look at all those outworldly creatures! Mummies! Ouch. Must be a rift to another dimension somewhere. Meanwhile Lena is still having trouble with Minotaure Lords, so good thing we have no such rifts here. ohmy.gif

--------------------
"What is life's greatest illusion?"
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 27 2021, 07:00 PM
Post #1727

Paladin
Group Icon

Lena is right! That was quite a battle, with your masochism-inducing mods.

“Only until it is dead, then you can fondle its dust all you want,” Kaleah’s voice echoed throughout the cavern.'
- - laugh.gif

Well, it ain't over till the Prettiest Vampire's bell rings. Well the next time the Jandanga encounters a pretty bloodsucker, he should realize that beneath her veil of illusion, she's probably a 3000 year old hagraven. In the meantime, I'm sure his Ladies will help keep him focused. tongue.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
macole
post Aug 30 2021, 08:23 AM
Post #1728

Mouth
Group Icon

Lena: It's those pesky necromancers that keep summoning foreign undead creature.Actually when I played Skyrim I got so tired of the draugr, draugr, draugr thing when I found Creature Diversity I had to have it.

Acadian: That was a fun one. I replayed it 4 or 5 times just for the fun of it. And the Ladies do have their ways of keeping their intrepid leader focused.

20210830 Moranda, The Collector

“I am not spending one more minute in this unholy damp cave!” insisted Elenya.

Who could blame her, we were all tired of this place. A glass of wine and a soft bed was what we needed. Leaving Underpall Cave we headed in the general direction of our new home in Sutch. The evening was clear and calm perfect for reflecting on life and the nature of things. Deeply moved by having to slay The Prettiest Vampire I’ve Ever Seen, I poured out my feelings to Kaleah.

(VH-OVB quest message)
“I have to admit, the blond vampire woman really was beautiful, and her companions weren't that bad-looking either. But beauty is as beauty does. Such heartless cruelty to all those men who were too deep into their cups. But on the other hand, maybe the men were out to take advantage of a beautiful young woman. I don't even know what is right anymore. I kill and kill and kill, and tell myself I am righteous. What if I am actually a monster?”

“My Jandaga, you are no monster,” Elenya said firmly. Then she matter-of-factly added, “The dragon spirit within your armor will devour you should you become one.”

With that Elenya traced a symbol on the palm of her left and pressed on the brow of the golden dragon embossed on the breast of my cuirass.

“He is a good aelf, take care of him.”

The golden dragon squirmed uncomfortably as if it was trying to pull itself out of the cuirass before it settled down and became once more just a golden decoration.

Kaleah looked down at me, shook her head and said, “Feache, the mere fact that you have such empathy and concern for others that you would ask this question proves that you are no monster. A monster would never think to ask sucquestion its purpose.”

Pym slid her hand in mine and the four of us walked in silence for awhile. Slowly, quietly at first Kaleah began to sing.

Ever hear a Daedra sing? Not all can. Take a clannfear for example; with that beak of theirs they can’t do much more than whistle with a few clicks tossed in here and there. But, with a seducer like Kaleah, when the mood hits her it’s like listening to a full symphonic orchestra. Every instrument, every note, perfectly rendered. Soon we were marching along to the sound of Bolero.

Dang that girl’s got a voice. Dances kind of nice too. Had me mesmerized.

Repetitive yes but time and distance dissolved into nothingness by the mesmerizing song and dance. As we neared the Ayleid ruin of Moranda Pym began tugging me toward the entrance. Knowing it was nearing 10:00pm I just assumed she was tired and looking for a place to sleep.

Being on the smaller side of Ayleid ruins Moranda wasn’t hard to clear out. Just a few bats, mystic imps, wolves and a troll or two to take care of and we had a safe haven to spend the night. And the price was right too. We were happy enough with all the treasure laden Ayleid chests and reliquaries we found scattered throughout the ruin but when we discovered a varla stone we thought we had struck the mother lode. Nothing could top that.

Wrong ! There in a little alcove tucked neatly away behind a gilded gate sat an Ayleid Statue. A sweet little bonus for spending the night.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 30 2021, 06:36 PM
Post #1729

Paladin
Group Icon

A full multimedia story now as you add music to your screenshots and words. smile.gif

I figure the Jandanga's spirit is well girded by the magical and protective wardings of his Ladies.

Varla stone and an Ayleid statue - not bad for a free night stop.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
macole
post Aug 31 2021, 06:00 AM
Post #1730

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Aug 30 2021, 12:36 PM) *

A full multimedia story now as you add music to your screenshots and words. smile.gif

I figure the Jandanga's spirit is well girded by the magical and protective wardings of his Ladies.

Might be a tad silly and years from now when I read this journal I might say to myself, "What was I thinking?"

I think your figures correct. The Jandaga doesn't realize just how well he is thought of and cared for. I've also been thinking of expanding on Jandaga's reaction to Elenya's warding in my private edition. Nothing too drastic, just something like " a startled look comes over his face and he exclaims "What did you do?"

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
macole
post Sep 1 2021, 06:47 AM
Post #1731

Mouth
Group Icon

20210901 VH-OVB HQ, turn in 2 get 2 in return

A new day has dawned. During breakfast the usual question arose, where to go next Chorrol, Sutch or the Imperial City? Kaleah said she missed having lunch at the Feed Bag. Besides we have business in the I.C. to attend to so the Imperial City it is.

Shortly after morning devotion we left Underpall. It was raining and for the first half of the trip the Ladies fussed mightily about their hair. Why? I don’t know. Did they forget how to cast the umbrella spell or did they just want something to fuss about?

Thankfully the rain didn’t last long. By the time the Imperial City came into view Rainbow was flashing her multi hued smile across the sky.

We enter the imperial City through the main gate and headed directly to the Order of the Virtuous Blood headquarters. Reporting our successful completion of the quests Strengths & Weaknesses and the Trio of Temptresses brought compliments from everyone.

Gilen Norvalo repeatedly asked if Miss Pretty really was the prettiest vampire I’ve ever seen. Like a fisherman’s tale she became ever more beautiful with each confirmation. At the end Gilen was drooling as he lamented that I had to kill her.

Grey-Throat had a strange but uniquely Argonian outlook on the Trio of Temptresses. “Warm-bloods are easily manipulated by people they regard as beautiful. I don’t know exactly how that feels.”

Roland didn’t have much to say about Strengths & Weaknesses and Trio of Temptresses other than thanking me for completing them. He did have something to say about the eager recruit, though. “He was puttering around headquarters making everyone nervous. So I sent him to you. Hope you don’t mind?”

“No, why should I mind?”

Failing to see the sarcasm, Roland gave us a new quest, “Beware the Panther”. Seems a vampire clan has made their home along the Panther River. Their leader is Hindaril, one of the strongest vampires in all of Cyrdill.”

“Oh, just great.”

Roland took my comment as an acceptance then told us the Publius wanted to talk to me at my convenience. Well now is as good a time as any.

Publius Scipio informs us he has come across an odd piece of news. All the sanctified spirits in the Chorrol Chapel Undercroft have been killed. Plus, the priests at the chapel report that hemophillia cases have increased.

Now that is strange indeed. Kaleah wrote down Stand Ye In Holy Places in the quest book. We will have to look into it but first there is other business in the Imperial City that we need to attend to. Starting with dinner and big soft bed at the Tiber Septim Hotel.

QUOTE(Renee @ Aug 23 2021, 06:55 AM) *

Hey, I've been gaming with Renee Gade III this month and she just passed by Underpall! Didn't go in, though. emot-ninja1.gif One of these one of mine will collide with Jandaga. We've done so with Lothran a few times over the years.

That would be fun. Don't worry about the Ladies. They may appear cold and heartless but they'll warm up to any of yours, eventually

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 1 2021, 07:15 PM
Post #1732

Paladin
Group Icon

So, its off to The Imperial City. And what a beautifully welcoming view of it! I hope the crew enjoys some time luxuriating in the IC before heading off again to. . . I imagine perhaps the Panther River.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
macole
post Sep 5 2021, 05:56 AM
Post #1733

Mouth
Group Icon

20210904 The Collector, The Naked Nord, Gweden

It was mid-morning when we arrived at Umbacano’s manor. Of course he was overjoyed to find that we had found the remaining Ayleid Statues. He paid us 500 for each statue plus the 5000 completion bonus. There is something very peculiar about those statues and the way he calls them the Ten Ancestors. It’s like he treats them as if they are alive. Oh well, none of my business.

While we were there Umbacano inquired on the status of recovering the carving from the High Fane. Oops, we told him that we had a good lead as to where it is and are working on it. To tell the truth we had forgotten all about it.

From Umbacano’s we went shopping. Starting in the Market District and ending at the Goddess Store on the Waterfront my Ladies tore through the shops like a tornado leaving no outfit untouched.

After a relaxing dinner on the Bloated Float it was on to the Universitum Arcanorum. When we arrived Raminus Polus was still in the lobby. We gave him a brief update on the Naked Nord Affair, as students at the academy have jokingly dubbed it. Leaving him with Clara Astatius’ journal to read, we retired to the Archmage’s quarters for the night.

In the morning after devotions and a light breakfast we found Raminus in the lobby.

“A most interesting read, Archmage,” Raminus said. “So it is likely we will find Viola Tarensa in Fort Goldthroat. Very well! This is just the information we needed.”

“Are you going to stop her?” that was both a question and an order.

"As soon as possible, be assured Archmage.”

“Good. My Ladies and I have other business to attend to in the area perhaps we will stop by and see how things are going.”

“As you wish, Archmage,” Raminus bowed and left to make the arrangements.

Now with all our business in the Imperial City concluded we made one final stop at the Market District to make a bank deposit with what little coin we had left. Then it was out the gates, cross the lake, and turn south on the Ring Road.

The Imperial troopers were busy today. Two skirmishes with Skyrim bandits or rebels as some call them made things interesting. After a couple hours on the road we approached the burned out husk of the original All Things Alchemical. A thorough search of the well there produced Mythic Dawn documents detailing the authorization the assassination of Tertius. This should be enough to prove Silanu’s innocence. Maybe she’ll decide to work at Gweden.

Taking the evidence for future use we continued our journey south where we have three objectives. Find some Ayleid art in Malada, supervise the witch hunt at Fort Gold-Throat, and eliminate the vampires along the Panther River. Should be a snap.

This post has been edited by macole: Sep 5 2021, 05:57 AM

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Sep 5 2021, 06:50 AM
Post #1734

Mouth
Group Icon

Say hi to the armour-clad adventurers camping outside of Malada. There always seem to be some, taking in the sights and the fresh air. smile.gif

--------------------
"What is life's greatest illusion?"
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 5 2021, 07:13 PM
Post #1735

Paladin
Group Icon

Nice to spend a spot of time in the IC, touching base with the University and the Goddesses. Wow, good thing the Jandanga maintains a journal to help with keeping track of multiple quests and making expeditions relatively efficient.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 6 2021, 02:37 PM
Post #1736

Councilor
Group Icon

Shortly after morning devotion we left Underpall. It was raining and for the first half of the trip the Ladies fussed mightily about their hair. Why? I don’t know.

laugh.gif Is Vilja still with Jandaga? She probably does fuss about her hair.

Goodness, look at that rainbow...

Wow, they are still doing OVB quests, eh? I have a dim memory of the Panther River one. It's so funny how little I remember of Vampire Hunting. Only at the very end do I have really strong memories of what happens. You'll see when you get there...

Umbacano... what a pest! evillol.gif

What happens at the end, when he speaks to Raminus? I mean, is that mod-added? Gah, my memory.

--------------------
+Quote Post
macole
post Sep 8 2021, 05:46 AM
Post #1737

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Sep 6 2021, 08:37 AM) *

Shortly after morning devotion we left Underpall. It was raining and for the first half of the trip the Ladies fussed mightily about their hair. Why? I don’t know.

laugh.gif Is Vilja still with Jandaga? She probably does fuss about her hair.

Vilja has taken command of the pirates in Dunbarrow cove. And yes she probablly would have something to say her hair.

Wow, they are still doing OVB quests, eh? I have a dim memory of the Panther River one. It's so funny how little I remember of Vampire Hunting. Only at the very end do I have really strong memories of what happens. You'll see when you get there...

yes, still doing OVB. I'm not sure how many more quests to go, 2 or 3?

What happens at the end, when he speaks to Raminus? I mean, is that mod-added? Gah, my memory.

That is added by the Naked Nord mod. We will see what happens soon I suspect.

This post has been edited by macole: Sep 8 2021, 05:48 AM

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
macole
post Sep 8 2021, 06:08 AM
Post #1738

Mouth
Group Icon

20210907 Vanua

Nearing the intersection of the Red Ring Road and the Yellow Road, I asked “Elenya, check your map. Which direction do we take?”

Not getting an answer I turned around to find my Ladies in a heated shouting match. Hand signals, facial expressions, and foot stomping were flying so fast between them that I was afraid a serious falling out had occurred.

“Stop! What is going on here?” I just hate getting in the middle of things, someone, like me, could get hurt

“Pym wants to go to Vanua. There’re artifacts there she thinks you would want. I told her no, that you don’t follow the Nine but she won’t listen,” Kaleah replied.

“The Nine may not aid you but the Princes haven’t necessarily been falling over each other to help you either,” added Elenya. “That is of little consequence, as Headmaster of the Archeology Guild is it not your duty to recover lost artifacts for posterity?”

“I see no need to go looking for artifacts of the Nine. Elenya, mark the location and we’ll pass the information on for someone to recover it.”

As we were discussing the issue, Pym was passively guiding us to a spot on the lake near the great bridge.

So this is Vanua,” I said while looking at marble structure shimmering beneath the waves.

Turning to Pym intending to insist that we leave I found it impossible to maintain a firm attitude as I stared into Pym’s Little Orphan Annie eyes. I hesitated and that was all it took for Pym to push me into the water. Yep she did it; took me to river and dropped me in the water.

Finding myself on the bottom of the lake staring at the door to Vanua, I thought, “What the heck, if finding a relic here and there will shut up the old fool in Anvil then why not.”

I opened the door and we entered to be greeted almost immediately by the murderous undead of Vanua.
By the numerous breaks in the walls and excavation tunnels it was evident that previous explorers had little regard for the sanctity of this lost shrine. No wonder the undead of Vanua were restless and extremely unhappy.

Other than having to fight the numerous Vanua undead, it wasn’t long before we were looking down into a dimly lit room. There was an iron gate to the south and one to the west. The balcony at the north end of the room was bathed in light. The light seemed to radiate from something sitting on an altar.

With no stairs to the balcony I briefly considered levitate over to the balcony to see what’s there but Kaleah suggested finding a less mentally taxing way first.

“You’re just no fun for a day or two,” warned Kaleah.

In the center of the room skeletal remains were sprawled out on the floor. Jumping down into the room we examined the skeletal remains of Sir Amiel. Among his Sir Amiel’s effects were his ring, his journal, and a key. Reading the journal we decided that Sir Amiel, the sanctimonious fool deserved his fate. Perhaps if he had shown the slightest reverence for the shrine he may have fared better. The key we found opened the two iron gates in the room.

I know we had to but we sure didn’t want to open the gates. On the other side of each gate several nasty lich were trying to get at us. By the number of spectral warriors they summon these weren’t the ordinary run of the mill variety lich.

That’s alright for we have a plan. Summon the Sisters of Insanity in such a way that they materialize on the other side of the gate. The Auriel and Mazken sisters can soften up the undead foes a bit before we unlock the gates. Worked like a charm.

The lich taken care of we entered the gated areas. The first, the gate to the south led to an exit. The gate to the west took us where we wanted to go, the Lost Catacombs. The catacombs weren’t too challenging and we quickly found ourselves standing on the Shrine of the Crusader balcony.

There on the altar sat the Helm of the Crusader.

"Not very flashy is it? Hardly seems worth it." My Ladies agreed with my assessment.

Snatching the helm, we hopped the railing (no need to take the long way around), and left via the south gate exit.

It was late and raining when we exited Vanua. Taking shelter under the Ring Road Bridge we waited out the stormy night.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 8 2021, 06:57 PM
Post #1739

Paladin
Group Icon

Is there a reluctant Knight of the Nine in the future? I think the cuirass of that set is pretty spiffy looking.

Clever summoning the Sisters of Insanity on the other sides of those gates!

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
macole
post Sep 9 2021, 06:04 AM
Post #1740

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Sep 8 2021, 12:57 PM) *

Is there a reluctant Knight of the Nine in the future? I think the cuirass of that set is pretty spiffy looking.

Clever summoning the Sisters of Insanity on the other sides of those gates!

A very reluctant knight. He's thinking of just collecting the items letting someone else do the rest. His Ladies are resolved in seeing the Jandaga become the greatest Archeology Guild Headmaster of all time, whether he likes it or not.

Facing and standing right next to the gate when casting the summons usually will spawn one of the two on the other side of a gate, sometimes both. Doesn't work as often for single creature summons. When trying to summon a Dremora Lord, they always appear on my side of the gate.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post

121 Pages V « < 85 86 87 88 89 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
6 User(s) are reading this topic (6 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:34 AM