209 Pages V « < 153 154 155 156 157 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Where Are You Today?
Acadian
post Feb 11 2018, 05:38 PM
Post #3081

Paladin
Group Icon

mirocu - Yay! Persistence paid off. And using goblins as practice dummies was a nice bonus. tongue.gif

Renee - Whew! Glad you found the prob and got your game sorted! smile.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Feb 24 2018, 09:05 PM
Post #3082

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Today Lothran focused on brewing some potions. Well, potions and poisons to be exact. Five different recipes yielded many bottles, most of which were added to the travel chest to be brought along later when Lothran leaves Bruma. They will then be placed in the Dunmer's Imperial City and Bravil homes.

Lothran doesn't use potions and poisons all that much, but somehow they never really seem to overflow the storage either. Dunno what happens to them tongue.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Renee
post Feb 25 2018, 04:36 AM
Post #3083

Councilor
Group Icon

That is good to know he is keeping busy. Cheers.

I can't seem to get enough of Renee Gade III. It is Frost Fall in her game, but she's been in Blackwood where it's eternally warm. Lately, she's been slowly traveling up the Panther River in search of yet another vampire lair. With her, she's got four other people, and a horse. Going into wilderness is easy for Lady Saga, since she can literally live off the land, but RG3 always needs to plan ahead. Going into wild areas is like taking an army on some sort of long trek; food, water, and other supplies really need to be stocked up. Her horse always carries several suits of armor + about 10 swords, potions, poisons, changes of clothes. It really gets intense sometimes!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Feb 25 2018, 08:53 AM
Post #3084

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Ms Gade the Third sounds like my sister when it comes to packing for a travel bigsmile.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Mar 3 2018, 09:12 PM
Post #3085

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Existential crisis update

It's already March, innit? Blimey. We're still in the dead of winter and Lothran is in Bruma. But since Easter comes early this year, by the end of the month he's supposed to be in Skingrad, having spent time in Chorrol prior! How we will make this work is beyond me IPB Image

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Renee
post Mar 4 2018, 04:35 AM
Post #3086

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Mar 3 2018, 03:12 PM) *

How we will make this work is beyond me IPB Image

Yeah, totally. What's up with that? panic.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Mar 8 2018, 06:47 PM
Post #3087

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Lothran has now cleared the road past Hermaeus Mora, prolly last time for the season. A couple ogres and a Spider Daedra played the roles of opposition and now the journey back to Bruma and a warm evening at Olav's awaits!

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Renee
post Mar 10 2018, 07:49 AM
Post #3088

Councilor
Group Icon

Oh no, winter is over already? I do wonder where the Lothman will go first? We all await with bated breath.

Meanwhile, it's Morndas, late in the evening of Morning Star 28, year of 435, and Joan of Arkay has just left the Fighters Guild of Anvil to rent herself a nice room at The Count's Arms. She's been trying to collect these dwarven cog things from various areas in the Imperial Reserve area. All of this is to repair the Orrery, whatever that is. Obviously some sort of Dwemer technology though.

She's here in Anvil mostly to get her gear repaired, and stock up on this and that. And visit the chapel. Ohhh. Yes, the chapel in Anvil. It's all burned up! Joan doesn't know this, yet.

This post has been edited by Renee: Mar 10 2018, 08:54 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Mar 10 2018, 08:47 AM
Post #3089

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Mar 10 2018, 07:49 AM) *

Oh no, winter is over already?

Not quite, but it is soon the middle of March and with early Easter fast approaching...

I do wonder where the Lothman will go first? We all await with bated breath.

No need for that bated breath. He'll go to Chorrol first as he always do. Well, at least eight times out of ten. I've tried to make him go to the Imperial City first but that never felt right for some reason.

She's here in Anvil mostly to get her gear repaired, and stock up on this and that. And visit the chapel. Ohhh. Yes, the chapel in Anvil. It's all burned up! Joan doesn't know this, yet.

I sure regret ever installing KotN. Not to mention, Lothran has never been interested in doing its questline anyway.

Bah? Humbug?

Yes tongue.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Renee
post Mar 10 2018, 04:28 PM
Post #3090

Councilor
Group Icon

Oh. sorry. Didn't realize he always goes to Chorrol, I thought that part was random. I can see how overwhelming it would be though, if it were random to have the entire province to choose from.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Mar 10 2018, 04:38 PM
Post #3091

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Mar 10 2018, 04:28 PM) *

Oh. sorry. Didn't realize he always goes to Chorrol, I thought that part was random. I can see how overwhelming it would be though, if it were random to have the entire province to choose from.

No need to be sorry smile.gif

I am the kind of bird who likes traditions i.e re-occurring events, thus my fondness of going to Bruma in late November and to Chorrol some time in March. Dates are not written in stone though and with regards to Chorrol, often it's how I feel that determines when Lothran leaves Bruma. Like you, this is mostly determined by the weather.

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Mar 13 2018, 09:47 PM
Post #3092

Mouth
Group Icon

I saw this and thought how fitting it was to Elise.

Elise's quest for fame has been going okay. She started out in Anvil, but quickly realized the place is too slow and too far from the Imperial City to be of much use to her.

At the very least she learned a spell to help her with the negative effects of her wombburn there. She needed to study the School of Restoration a little more to actually use it, but now she's able to regenerate magicka so long as she remembers to conserve a bit of her own to actually cast the spell. Otherwise she'll have to go back to the painful grind of preparing weak magicka potions before every single outing.

Having made enough gold to use the guild guide, she found herself first in Skingrad and then in Bravil.

The former was lush with alchemy reagents and adventure...so long as she stayed outside the city. Unfortunately there wasn't much in the way of Ayleid ruins and the only Ayleid well was far from the city itself. Probably not sustainable, so she moved on after a few days.

It was in Bravil when things started to go her way. There's both an Ayleid ruin and a well outside the city gates, the spells the Mages Guild members there teach aren't beyond her current ability, and Marz got her to where she wanted to be with Restoration magic. If only the place wasn't Cyrodiil's Cloaca. Made worse by Better Cities, mostly because of annoying added NPCs

If her fame could be measured by a number, it's most definitely a 3 now. It only took teleporting halfway across the Province. Not sure where she's headed next, but something tells me it's Leyawiin and that it'll be pretty eventful.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Mar 14 2018, 01:56 PM
Post #3093

Councilor
Group Icon

Ha ha ... "Bards are Mages who don't shut up!" laugh.gif Cute.

Sounds like you are having fun. What is "wombburn?"

Be careful with Better Cities / Bravil NPCs. Some of them can railroad you into some ridiculously long "conversations" that lead to forced quests, or at least forced notions. I found this annoying because as these conversations ensue, all I can think is "that's not what my character would say!" yet there's no option to back out. BC people can do this in any town, but Bravil seems to be the worst.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Mar 14 2018, 05:48 PM
Post #3094

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Mar 14 2018, 08:56 AM) *

Ha ha ... "Bards are Mages who don't shut up!" laugh.gif Cute.

Sounds like you are having fun. What is "wombburn?"

"Wombburn" - i.e. afflicted by birth - was Morrowind's term for racial negatives, especially the lowered resistance of an Altmer to magic.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Mar 15 2018, 12:42 AM
Post #3095

Mouth
Group Icon

In the context of Oblivion, it refers to the Atronach's blessing. Large magicka pool in exchange for absolutely no magicka regen. 1 point of magicka per second for 270 seconds isn't exactly a cure, but at least it's something.

QUOTE(Renee @ Mar 14 2018, 07:56 AM) *

Be careful with Better Cities / Bravil NPCs. Some of them can railroad you into some ridiculously long "conversations" that lead to forced quests, or at least forced notions. I found this annoying because as these conversations ensue, all I can think is "that's not what my character would say!" yet there's no option to back out. BC people can do this in any town, but Bravil seems to be the worst.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I deliberately avoid added NPCs because I'm sick of being stuck in an unskippable conversation with less than adequate dialogue options. I've had the mod for a while so at least I know where to shop to avoid the worst ones. Might be breaking character a bit here, but like you said, the convos do it anyways

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Mar 16 2018, 08:57 PM
Post #3096

Spam Meister
Group Icon

We have now arrived at the second to last weekend in Bruma for the season. Tonight was spent at Olav's with very little to report about, and tomorrow's gonna be spent in the mountains.

Next weekend we change the clock and by golly, we cannot stay up here any longer! We have already exceeded our stay with at least two weeks, now Chorrol awaits and then a speedy run to Skingrad just in time for Easter smile.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Mar 17 2018, 12:05 AM
Post #3097

Paladin
Group Icon

Whew! Glad to see the Lothranian calendar is lining itself back up so we know what season it is! tongue.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Mar 17 2018, 06:53 PM
Post #3098

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Mar 16 2018, 07:05 PM) *

Whew! Glad to see the Lothranian calendar is lining itself back up so we know what season it is! tongue.gif

No wonder winter has been lingering in Maryland, it's because we're synched with Scandinavia.

IPB Image

Middas, 8:22 am, Morning Star 30, 3rd Era 435

Days Passed: 157
Level: 7

Joan of Arkay awakes in her rented room, on the second story of The Counts Arms. She undresses, eats some bread, and then leaves the set of clothes she'd just removed on the floor. She arranges them carefully, an obvious sign to others who might rent this room that these clothes belong to somebody.* She then slowly equips her shiny steel armor. This takes awhile, since she hasn't any assistance in lacing things up.

To lace her gauntlets up for instance, Joan must use her teeth, as well as whichever hand is free. Greaves go on first, gauntlets go on last.

Though she's a member of the Fighters Guild, and therefore she could just sleep in a guild for free, she does not always stay in one of these. Too hectic in Fighters Guilds. When you 're there, you are on their schedule, whether you like it or not. Sleeping in, late into the morning? Good luck with that, once everybody gets up, and begins sparring in the next room!

It takes her awhile, until finally, she's finished. She leaves The Counts Arms, says goodbye to Wilbur, that nosey innkeeper from Hammerfell. She leaves Anvil next, and gets upon her favorite steed for rough-country riding, a lowly paint she'd bought several months before up in Bruma. Though she can easily afford something faster nowadays, Joan prefers her Bruma paint, especially when it comes to riding through rough terrain. And today, she'll be riding through some rough terrain. Yes, any other horse, a white or a black especially, is much faster on a nicely-tamped road. But when trying to navigate around boulders, or dancing from crag to crag, a slower animal is actually better.

So opines Joan of Arkay, anyway.

The day is pleasant, as she heads north into County Kvatch, leaving the road for golden fields, just before she gets to Gottshaw Inn.

* Joan has this weird habit of leaving clothes in every town's inn. Since she wears bulky, heavy armor, she likes the option to change into a pre-bought set of clothes, in every town she visits.

This post has been edited by Renee: Mar 17 2018, 07:37 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Mar 17 2018, 07:03 PM
Post #3099

Paladin
Group Icon

Oh, nice to hear that Joan's not sleeping in her armor. On the guilds yeah, Buffy normally slept in the MG guild halls but not in Skingrad - few things worse than waking up to Vigge staring at you!

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Mar 20 2018, 03:37 AM
Post #3100

Mouth
Group Icon

Honestly, some inns are far nicer than the Guild Halls anyways. In my game all the beds in the halls tend to be taken up by added NPCs like Knights of the Lamp, too. Along with that, with how often NPCs seem to swap beds, I doubt they're any cleaner. :v

I always envision characters that have to put their own armor on using long doodads like hooks and the like. It really does sound like a pain lol

--------------------
+Quote Post

209 Pages V « < 153 154 155 156 157 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:30 AM