81 Pages V « < 60 61 62 63 64 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What Are You Eating/Drinking?, The Tastiest Thread Around
mirocu
post Mar 8 2019, 07:42 PM
Post #1221

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Guys. You will not believe this. I repeat: you will not believe this. But as I'm typing this, I have in front of me another semla.

Yes. This is my tenth (10th) semla for 2019. I did it. I actually did it.

And just for visualization:

IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Mar 11 2019, 02:34 AM
Post #1222

Master
Group Icon

Had Campbell's Healthy Select Chunky New England Clam Chowder for lunch. Haven't had Clam Chowder in ever so long. Now I remember why. Yuk! Won't buy it again...unless I live long enough to once again forget.

Had brown rice rather than lettuce with my veggies and tuna one supper this past week. Use to really enjoy it, but it just hasn't been the same since switching from frozen mixed veggies to fresh raw veggies, despite heating them enough to soften them just a tad. Rarely have rice at home anymore. This past Morning, on a lark, I bought a bottle of Prego Farmers' Market Four Cheese sauce. Boy does it go well with my rice, veggies, tuna combo! Super yummy. Haven't enjoyed supper so much if ages. (I like it so well I fully expect it to be discontinued within weeks.)

Was wrong about the Fuji's bought last Monday. Most are rather meh. Oddly, the best of the bunch were the very apples I expected the least from.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Mar 17 2019, 01:02 PM
Post #1223

Master
Group Icon

Coffee and Pizza Rolls and hardy breakfast tongue.gif .

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Mar 17 2019, 01:44 PM
Post #1224

Master
Group Icon

A bit of a victory on the Tomato front. Bought a pack of Sunset WildWonders tomatoes this past Monday. Very good! Not cheap, but worth extra if you enjoy tasty tomatoes, imo. Here's a YouTube review. I pretty much agree with the presenter's assessment.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 17 2019, 02:01 PM
Post #1225

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Mar 8 2019, 02:42 PM) *

Guys. You will not believe this. I repeat: you will not believe this. But as I'm typing this, I have in front of me another semla.

Yes. This is my tenth (10th) semla for 2019. I did it. I actually did it.

And just for visualization:

IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image

Wait, I thought 8 was your annual limit? laugh.gif

Here is next week's breakfasts:

http://londonsvenskar.com/wp-content/uploa...allySwedish.jpg

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Mar 10 2019, 09:34 PM) *

Had Campbell's Healthy Select Chunky New England Clam Chowder for lunch. Haven't had Clam Chowder in ever so long. Now I remember why. Yuk! Won't buy it again...unless I live long enough to once again forget.

Had brown rice rather than lettuce with my veggies and tuna one supper this past week. Use to really enjoy it, but it just hasn't been the same since switching from frozen mixed veggies to fresh raw veggies, despite heating them enough to soften them just a tad. Rarely have rice at home anymore. This past Morning, on a lark, I bought a bottle of Prego Farmers' Market Four Cheese sauce. Boy does it go well with my rice, veggies, tuna combo! Super yummy. Haven't enjoyed supper so much if ages. (I like it so well I fully expect it to be discontinued within weeks.)

Was wrong about the Fuji's bought last Monday. Most are rather meh. Oddly, the best of the bunch were the very apples I expected the least from.

Bold: rollinglaugh.gif

** I have to agree with you on Campbell's New England Clam Chowder. I love New England Clam Chowder; and can't stand Campbell's version of it.

There are other brands that are better; but actually = I've never found a really good canned New England Clam Chowder. It just doesn't seem to hold up well canned. Even Progresso's isn't great (but a lot better than Campbell's).

It isn't the clams, they hold up very well in a can. I think it is the combination of the milk, potatoes, and clams being canned together; it just doesn't work well.

What I get when I want clams = I get a small can of Progresso brand "White Clam Sauce" and use it instead of Marinara sauce over Vermicelli. I put a nest of steamed broccoli on top of the Vermicelli on each plate; ladle the clam sauce over it to make sure to get a lot of clams in with the sauce; (in fact sometimes I add in a small tin of extra clams to the sauce when I heat it). Just as I'm serving it, I grate fresh Parmesan and Romano cheese over the top. You can't get a better meal than that in any Italian restaurant.

The fresh cheese just has such a wonderful flavor; and really makes a huge difference from using a pre-grated jar of something like "Kraft's Parmesan and Romano cheese" = but is more expensive. Sometimes the ladies at the grocery store Deli counter will cut me a smaller wedge of it than what size they normally sell; but if there are any leftovers = they do make an awesome addition to a salad.

Also, if you have any of the broccoli and fresh cheese left over from the dinner = makes a spectacular omelet the next day. I serve it with homemade hash browns; and my family loves that breakfast as much as they love the dinner (which they call "Green Spaghetti," laugh.gif

Also, since you like tuna so much = (for a different meal) you can make a serving of Vermicelli and frozen peas (both cooked, of course). = Just before serving mix in tuna fish and just enough Mayo to keep the spaghetti from sticking to itself. It makes a great hot meal, and even the leftovers make a great snack. My son even eats it cold like a pasta salad.

I have to agree with you on the flavor of fresh vegetables versus frozen. Frozen vegetables are flash cooked at their peak of flavor. It is like it seals the flavor into them. The fresh ones are shipped and sit = somewhere in all that they lose that moment where the taste was perfect that frozen vegetables catches.

Not all vegetables suffer from it, but peas = I like them much better frozen.

This post has been edited by mALX: Mar 17 2019, 03:21 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 17 2019, 03:37 PM
Post #1226

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Mar 17 2019, 08:44 AM) *

A bit of a victory on the Tomato front. Bought a pack of Sunset WildWonders tomatoes this past Monday. Very good! Not cheap, but worth extra if you enjoy tasty tomatoes, imo. Here's a YouTube review. I pretty much agree with the presenter's assessment.

Wow, I've never seen these in the store! I LOVE tomatoes in my salads; but the really good ones I'd eat just by themselves like he was doing in the vid! I'm going to ask our grocer about these, would love to try them. So far the tastiest tomato I've had was the Roma = love them! If these beat the Roma, I'll be hooked, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Mar 17 2019, 04:19 PM
Post #1227

Mouth
Group Icon

Frosted Flakes, the real breakfast of champions. And occasional lunch or dinner.

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Mar 18 2019, 05:43 AM
Post #1228

Ancient
Group Icon

Khajiit had his traditional St. Paddy’s Day dinner of corned beef brisket, cabbage, potatoes, and carrots washed down with a nice Guinness extra stout earlier. Hope everyone had a nice St. Paddy’s Day!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Mar 18 2019, 06:01 AM
Post #1229

Master
Group Icon

I just had a bowl of mac and cheese, a pop tart and a glass of water.

This post has been edited by Dark Reaper: Mar 18 2019, 06:58 AM

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 18 2019, 06:29 AM
Post #1230

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Mar 18 2019, 12:43 AM) *

Khajiit had his traditional St. Paddy’s Day dinner of corned beef brisket, cabbage, potatoes, and carrots washed down with a nice Guinness extra stout earlier. Hope everyone had a nice St. Paddy’s Day!

That sounds AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Mar 18 2019, 04:57 PM
Post #1231

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Mar 18 2019, 12:29 AM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Mar 18 2019, 12:43 AM) *

That sounds AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T’was!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 18 2019, 05:46 PM
Post #1232

Ancient
Group Icon

I had fish and chips.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Mar 19 2019, 12:39 AM
Post #1233

Master
Group Icon

No Fuji's this week. Settled for Honey Crisps.

Been around a month since Campbell's Healthy Request Bean with Bacon soup disappeared. Asked a shelver about it during today's grocery run. He said he'd make sure an order was placed. Hope he follows through. BwB isn't my favorite soup, but it was during my long ago youth. For that reason I still buy a can every few weeks. Course back then I ate the full-strength regular version, with lots of saltine crackers crumbled into the bowl. These days no saltines, and Healthy Request only, due to its lack of MSG. (Pretty much all 'regular' Campbell's soups contain MSG, while its Healthy Request line doesn't.)

Bought more Wild Wonders tomatoes. Good stuff!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 19 2019, 01:32 AM
Post #1234

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Mar 18 2019, 07:39 PM) *

No Fuji's this week. Settled for Honey Crisps.

Been around a month since Campbell's Healthy Request Bean with Bacon soup disappeared. Asked a shelver about it during today's grocery run. He said he'd make sure an order was placed. Hope he follows through. BwB isn't my favorite soup, but it was during my long ago youth. For that reason I still buy a can every few weeks. Course back then I ate the full-strength regular version, with lots of saltine crackers crumbled into the bowl. These days no saltines, and Healthy Request only, due to its lack of MSG. (Pretty much all 'regular' Campbell's soups contain MSG, while its Healthy Request line doesn't.)

Bought more Wild Wonders tomatoes. Good stuff!

Ooh, Campbell's Bean With Bacon soup was one of my favorites growing up! Haven't had it in years! Now you've got me craving it, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Mar 20 2019, 01:04 AM
Post #1235

Mouth
Group Icon

I had a big craving for chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast yesterday, and they did not disappoint. This morning? Also chocolate chip pancakes. Unfortunately won't have time for it tomorrow morning, but you can't go wrong with Frosted Flakes for breakfast.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 20 2019, 02:09 PM
Post #1236

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Mar 19 2019, 08:04 PM) *

I had a big craving for chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast yesterday, and they did not disappoint. This morning? Also chocolate chip pancakes. Unfortunately won't have time for it tomorrow morning, but you can't go wrong with Frosted Flakes for breakfast.

I've never had chocolate chip pancakes yet; but have heard them mentioned A LOT by people. Every time I hear about them, my mouth waters, laugh.gif I'm going to have to try them one of these days, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Mar 22 2019, 03:30 PM
Post #1237

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Mar 20 2019, 09:09 AM) *

I've never had chocolate chip pancakes yet; but have heard them mentioned A LOT by people. Every time I hear about them, my mouth waters, laugh.gif I'm going to have to try them one of these days, lol.

You must. They will change your life, opening your mind to infinite possibilities as the mysteries of the universe unravel and become clear to you. And your final form becomes more powerful than that of any video game boss.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 22 2019, 03:52 PM
Post #1238

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Mar 22 2019, 10:30 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Mar 20 2019, 09:09 AM) *

You must. They will change your life, opening your mind to infinite possibilities as the mysteries of the universe unravel and become clear to you. And your final form becomes more powerful than that of any video game boss.

rollinglaugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Mar 22 2019, 04:02 PM
Post #1239

Master
Group Icon

Blueberry pancakes with homemade blueberry syrup > chocolate chip pancakes.

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Mar 22 2019, 10:47 PM
Post #1240

Master
Group Icon

Sunflower seeds and a glass of water.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post

81 Pages V « < 60 61 62 63 64 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:14 AM