209 Pages V « < 164 165 166 167 168 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Where Are You Today?
mirocu
post Mar 19 2019, 06:29 PM
Post #3301

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Lothran has done quite a few things lately.

Besides going straight to Chorrol after having left Bruma, he's now back in town after a brief visit to the Imperial City where he offloaded his winter gear and other stuff as well as buying some ingredients at the City's two Alchemy shops. Or sales shoppes, as the Tireless Crusader would say smile.gif

More specifically, Lothran is in the Colovian Highlands not far from Fort Rayles towards the Hammerfell border.

This post has been edited by mirocu: Mar 19 2019, 06:30 PM

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Mar 30 2019, 06:53 PM
Post #3302

Spam Meister
Group Icon

As it happens, Lothran visited the Arcane University today in order to buy some ingredients, an Invisibility spell and also to configure an existing spell despite having said no such thing was needed.

The spell in question that was altered was his Weakness Complete spell, increasing the Paralyze part from 1 sec to 3 secs. It was discovered that Snowflake's Curse gave Lothran that extra needed time to slash away and so the spell with all Weaknesses was adjusted. Its new name is simply Weakness Complete II.

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Mar 30 2019, 07:33 PM
Post #3303

Paladin
Group Icon

It is so nice to follow along as Lothran goes about his annual routine. Popping into the AU for a spell tuneup is one of the highlights since Buffy and I have so many fond memories there. happy.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Apr 1 2019, 03:13 PM
Post #3304

Councilor
Group Icon

Rain's Hand 20, 4th Era Year 2: Lady Saga finally leaves the Bravil area, headed for the Imperial City, then Skingrad, then Anvil. Finally, she will return to Valenwood, which I've been dying to see after years of tmar screenshots of the place.

Saga is also training up her Illusion. Like Lothran, she's going to finally get some Chameleon, then hopefully train this school further so she can go for full Invisibility. bluewizardsmile.gif But it's a slow process. I think Illusion is up to 46 now, and this is after some intense training (money spent) while she was down in Bravil.

This is quite a step for her, as none of my characters have used Invisibility since my console days / 2010-2011 era. Because I found that this spell pretty much breaks the game's challenge. My last character to use this spell was The Grey Wizard long ago. And as I said, he'd simply cast summons, throw some wicked Destruction, then go invisible while the enemies scratched their heads. :yawn:

But so... we'll see how Invisibility works now that I'm with Saga on PC. I think the way MMM and Maskar's affects enemies might change a few things....

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Apr 1 2019, 05:10 PM
Post #3305

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Mar 30 2019, 08:33 PM) *

It is so nice to follow along as Lothran goes about his annual routine. Popping into the AU for a spell tuneup is one of the highlights since Buffy and I have so many fond memories there. happy.gif

I'm glad you like it! I know I said no adjustments were needed but when Lothran started to use his other Weakness spell, he saw that Paralyze indeed needed to be increased.

QUOTE(Renee @ Apr 1 2019, 04:13 PM) *

Rain's Hand 20, 4th Era Year 2: Lady Saga finally leaves the Bravil area, headed for the Imperial City, then Skingrad, then Anvil.

Saga follows Lothran's travels, eh? This is exactly how he will go about in a couple of weeks. So I guess it's actually Lothran who follows Saga? biggrin.gif

About Chameleon, Lothran doesn't use that much nowadays. He's found he can stay quite unseen without it and thus rarely bother with it. Still, it's a nice thing to have from time to time smile.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Renee
post Apr 1 2019, 06:57 PM
Post #3306

Councilor
Group Icon

Oh, I wasn't suggesting Lothran uses Chameleon a lot, that is just what my elf is wanting to get involved with, before she hits Journeyman in Illusion and Invisibility becomes viable. But the thing is, at this writing we have no idea who spells a lower-leveled Chameleon spell. sad.gif Was surprised that nobody in Bravil, the guild of "Illusionists," sells Chameleon. mad.gif And I don't wanna cheat on UESP, although if I did, I could always RP that moment as somebody telling Saga "oh... try going to X in X.

And the Arcane University is not an option. She keeps getting kicked out of the guild before she can finish all her recommendations! laugh.gif

Anyway, are you saying Lothran is going to Anvil too? Or all the way to Valenwood? It would be funny if they met up. I am getting the feeling that no matter how impatient she is to go to Valenwood, she won't leave Cyrodiil until her Illusion skills are high enough.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Apr 1 2019, 07:06 PM
Post #3307

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Yeah he's going to Anvil too but not anytime soon. It's just that he's following the Imperial City-Skingrad-Anvil tour smile.gif

This post has been edited by mirocu: Apr 1 2019, 07:06 PM

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Apr 12 2019, 05:26 PM
Post #3308

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Lothran is now in the Imperial City again and this time he won't be getting back to Chorrol. Since Easter is about to roll out, Skingrad is next on the agenda of fun.

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
ghastley
post Apr 12 2019, 05:51 PM
Post #3309

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Apr 1 2019, 01:57 PM) *

Oh, I wasn't suggesting Lothran uses Chameleon a lot, that is just what my elf is wanting to get involved with, before she hits Journeyman in Illusion and Invisibility becomes viable. But the thing is, at this writing we have no idea who spells a lower-leveled Chameleon spell. sad.gif Was surprised that nobody in Bravil, the guild of "Illusionists," sells Chameleon. mad.gif And I don't wanna cheat on UESP, although if I did, I could always RP that moment as somebody telling Saga "oh... try going to X in X.

And the Arcane University is not an option. She keeps getting kicked out of the guild before she can finish all her recommendations! laugh.gif

Half of the people who sell a Chameleon spell are at the Arcane U. Half of the rest are in Bravil. The lowest level spell is Journeyman, so nobody in the game sells the "lower-leveled Chameleon spell" you're looking for. There just isn't one.

At lower levels, it only exists as enchantments, which don't provide a lot, but of course they last indefinitely. Many of my Oblivion characters put together a 100% outfit for the times when they just had to do a quest without involving any innocents. Very few used the spells, because as you noted, you can do Invisibility at the same levels, without the cheese factor. Having to avoid interactions to maintain the invisibility keeps the challenge alive.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Grits
post Apr 12 2019, 09:35 PM
Post #3310

Councilor
Group Icon

Jerric started a new game on my Xbox1. He is halfway through Go Fish. My goodness, so much swearing! I had forgotten what a true pain this quest can be. Soon he will go get some lunch at the Wawnet Inn. I'm sure the afternoon will be better.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Apr 14 2019, 10:51 AM
Post #3311

Spam Meister
Group Icon

I have completely forgotten what I thought about Go Fish, it's been so long.

*cue Renee* wink.gif

But nice to see Jerric back in Cyrodiil! I hope he'll stick around goodjob.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Apr 15 2019, 05:14 PM
Post #3312

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Lothran has now arrived in Skingrad. He has visited the local Fighters Guild to repair his gear but not much else yet. He will of course spend the next couple of weeks here and in the West Weald where much fun and beautiful scenery can be found.

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Apr 15 2019, 07:50 PM
Post #3313

Paladin
Group Icon

Home of Tamika's Winery! happy.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Apr 15 2019, 07:54 PM
Post #3314

Councilor
Group Icon

And Salmo the Baker. Does he make semlas? If so, you should have been there earlier.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Apr 15 2019, 08:13 PM
Post #3315

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Apr 15 2019, 08:50 PM) *

Home of Tamika's Winery! happy.gif

Lothran will buy a bottle and send to Buffy! biggrin.gif

QUOTE(ghastley @ Apr 15 2019, 08:54 PM) *

And Salmo the Baker. Does he make semlas? If so, you should have been there earlier.

Yeah sad.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Apr 16 2019, 02:42 AM
Post #3316

Mouth
Group Icon

Has anybody watched videos from a guy named Bacon_ (I think it used to be Arch d'Bacon_ or something) on YouTube? Divines, this dude has an incredible knack for capturing video of funny moments in Oblivion (he also has some for Skyrim and apparently a bit of Fallout too, but Oblivion is probably what he is most known for). I forgot all about him until a video of his popped up in my recommendations. Here is his channel, which you all should check out: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcybVOrBgpzUxm-mlBT0WTA

And here is the video that was in my recommended feed. Do yourselves a favor and watch it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kd6rXueq8N4

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Apr 17 2019, 06:35 PM
Post #3317

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Today Lothran had some fun with the necrodudes at Fort Linchal just north of Kvatch. Usual routine; running inside blasting an AoE spell to get some attention and then run out, jump on something high, summon his Spriggan and then watch the spectacle.

The joys, the joys biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
ghastley
post Apr 17 2019, 07:26 PM
Post #3318

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Apr 15 2019, 09:42 PM) *

Has anybody watched videos from a guy named Bacon_ (I think it used to be Arch d'Bacon_ or something) on YouTube? Divines, this dude has an incredible knack for capturing video of funny moments in Oblivion (he also has some for Skyrim and apparently a bit of Fallout too, but Oblivion is probably what he is most known for). I forgot all about him until a video of his popped up in my recommendations. Here is his channel, which you all should check out: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcybVOrBgpzUxm-mlBT0WTA

And here is the video that was in my recommended feed. Do yourselves a favor and watch it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kd6rXueq8N4

Oblivion was always good for provoking massed battles in cities. Use persuasion to turn someone hostile who uses an AoE spell, and then kite them to a guard. Because they attacked the guard, he'll retaliate, but now the guard is attacking a citizen, and has committed a crime. The other guards will join in, probably on both sides. Other citizens will help. Stand back, or you'll get involved, too. biggrin.gif

Skyrim has its own version of that, which is the vampires invading a town and killing the shopkeepers. That doesn't take any action from the player other that turning up at the wrong time.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Apr 19 2019, 06:33 PM
Post #3319

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Lothran is currently wandering the area around the hidden house S-E of Skingrad. Beautiful area, and this is one place you could drop me into and I wouldn't be able to instantly say where I am. And without the compass and map I'd be completely lost, despite having played the game for over a decade.

Wouldn't mind that though happy.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Renee
post Apr 19 2019, 07:51 PM
Post #3320

Councilor
Group Icon

Good to hear you've returned to Oblivion Grits, have a Fishy Stick! laugh.gif

QUOTE(ghastley @ Apr 12 2019, 12:51 PM) *

There just isn't one.

Well, in her game there is. biggrin.gif I made an Apprentice level Chameleon spell, sold by Alberic Litte of the Chorrol Mages Guild. It's pretty useless. I think it's 10% for 30 seconds or somesuch. bluewizardsmile.gif But she has it now, and seems to be infatuated. Her Illusion is at 48 now, so it'll be any day soon that she'll finally make it to 50 / Journeyman.

Now for an update (ahem). Lady Saga is still in Chorrol, by the way. Eugal Belette just attacked her for the same reason Cingor down in Leyawiin did. And again, she managed to find a key on Eugal's body, and now has a free, dark house to stay in, whenever she's in Chorrol. The place even comes with its own alchemy lab in the basement; Eugal being a pretty dark guy under the surface.

--------------------
+Quote Post

209 Pages V « < 164 165 166 167 168 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:10 AM