204 Pages V « < 202 203 204  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What are you playing?
Decrepit
post Jul 10 2019, 05:17 PM
Post #4061

Mouth
Group Icon

Been sprucing up and 'filming' my map's Hartlepool goods delivery run for an upcoming TpF Scenic Excursions episode. Much more needs to be done to make the route presentable start to finish, but enough scenic detail is in place to get by. I'm in no great rush to edit and upload the results. Nor do I have any great enthusiasm to do so.

Unsubscribed to four YouTube gaming channels I've not watched in years, one of them my very first YT subscription. The only gaming series I watch these days without fail is GrandT's ongoing Transport Fever 600 Town Mildlands Map, two episodes per week. I subscribe to another TpF centric YouTuber, Colonel Failure, but haven't watched him much recently.

Speaking of which, here's Colonel Failure's recent video on the upcoming Transport Fever 2.

Wednesday Evening Addendum:
In Trainz 2019 I attempted my first "Flying Scotsman" run. Gah! I'm not used to piloting so powerful a steam loco. Was cruising along at 74mph. Saw my first stop some distance away. Began slowing at what I assumed was a reasonably safe rate. To cut to the chase, I overshot the station so much the entire train was past the platforms and still not come to a full stop. I threw in the towel at that point.

In TpF I added a third train to my Coal Mine to Chestam Steel Mill line.

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Jul 11 2019, 02:26 AM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 10 2019, 06:07 PM
Post #4062

Councilor
Group Icon

Khajiit started a new play through of Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Sakiri
post Jul 13 2019, 08:53 PM
Post #4063

Mouth
Group Icon

Saki is still playing world of Warcraft.

After my last incident with guild, i got let go. Sucked, but whatever. Just moved back to where I was before I was in that guild. Getting more things done as well, higher ranking dungeons and better raid progression.

Eh. Not terribly bad. Just hoping I have a better track record with these guys.

--------------------
My craptastic YouTube channel

And in the fury of this darkest hour
We will be your light
You've asked me for my sacrifice
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Yesterday, 10:47 AM
Post #4064

Mouth
Group Icon

Been playing Transport Fever hot-and-heavy these past some days. Nuked a good fourth of Hartlepool to increase its Railway Passenger Station from four to eight tracks. Don't need those extra tracks at the moment, but might in the future. Besides, that area was an eyesore prior to nuking. Game A.I. has partially rebuilt the area, but it's not (yet?) as populated as it was.

Nuked a small amount of Bebington to increase tracks leading to its Railway Passenger Station from two to four. Should have done so long ago.

Smoothed a few bumpy railway junctions.

Am thinking to rename all cities to avoid folk assuming I'm trying to model a section of RL Britain, as some TpF players do. In this case, city names are simply what A.I. assigned during random map generation, nothing more.

Having redone a portion of scenery along my Coal Mine to Chesham Steel Mill short-line, I 'filmed' it for use as a Scenic Excursions episode. All clips are in place, transitions added. I now face my too-frequent nemesis, inability to come up with sufficient text narrative.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Yesterday, 11:43 AM
Post #4065

Ancient
Group Icon

I suggest names like Dunwich, Innsmouth, Arkham, Kingsport, Lefferts Corners, etc...

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Yesterday, 09:57 PM
Post #4066

Master
Group Icon

Starlink and Mario X-com on the Switch.

--------------------
Extremis Malis Extrema Remedia (Extreme Evil, Extreme Remedy)
Desperate Times Call for Desperate Measures.
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Today, 12:11 PM
Post #4067

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jul 19 2019, 05:43 AM) *

I suggest names like Dunwich, Innsmouth, Arkham, Kingsport, Lefferts Corners, etc...

My thought is to abolish true city names altogether and use a series of 'themed' names in their stead. Something trite most likely, but the jury's still out. There's every chance things will remain as they are. Changing city names will require me to also manually change the name of every train/tram/bus/truck route, every individual train, and many auxiliary sub-stations. We're talking hundreds and hundreds of changes.

I still sometimes think to join the recreation crowd and use a specialized map theoretically representing an area within some RL nation. (These are usually offered in reduced scale due to game/performance limitations.) If I do so, cities will of course bear real names and physical relationships with one another.

Otherwise, I've done little in TpF beyond trading in Canadian National Mikados for British locos on my Coal Mine to Chesham Steel Mill train line. This renders my to-be-uploaded SRA episode obsolete, in that it features the Mikados in action. Not gonna stop me from uploading the episode as-is. It remains, after all, an accurate representation of the line when 'filmed.'

--------------------
+Quote Post

204 Pages V « < 202 203 204
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th July 2019 - 12:20 PM