Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

44 Pages V « < 41 42 43 44 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ESO tips & tricks, Looking for help with ESO? This is the right thread for you!
Acadian
post Jun 24 2021, 10:43 PM
Post #841

Paladin
Group Icon

In ESO, 'farming' refers to hunting for particular items. You could go mats farming (hunting for crafting materials) by running around a zone looking for nodes to harvest. You could go farming for pieces of the Dreugh King Slayer set by repeatedly running Fungal Grotto I dungeon where it can be found. Buffy has farmed for Spriggan's jewelry by repeatedly closing a dolmen in Bangkorai.

The person who told you to go farming to the south of the region is suggesting looking in southern Murkmire for Bright Throat Set.

Here is some generic info from UESPwiki on farming overland sets:
Delve bosses drop a waist, foot, or unique item piece.
Overland bosses drop a head, chest, leg, weapon, or unique item piece.
Public dungeon bosses drop a shoulder, hand, weapon, or unique item piece.
Chests at Dark Anchors drop a jewelry set piece. (no dark anchors in Murkmire)
Treasure chests have a chance to grant any set piece that can drop in that zone; the chance is increased by having the Treasure Hunter champion perk.
Zone story quest rewards are often part of overland sets. (You've likely already completed these)

Once you have most pieces, you will encounter diminishing returns and it may be more efficient to obtain the last few needed pieces via buying from guild traders. Overland sets are not bound until equipped and are normally pretty available in any trait from guild traders. Searching for specific items on Tamriel Trade Center website can give you a feel for prices and availability of specific pieces.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Jun 26 2021, 07:45 PM
Post #842

Master
Group Icon

Thank you!

Bringing down WBs sounds like our best chance to get the wanted items, but I'll also take a look at the trade center, I haven't heard of this before. I especially want the chest piece but the staff would be nice too.

This post has been edited by Lopov: Jun 26 2021, 07:46 PM

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 15 2021, 07:09 PM
Post #843

Paladin
Group Icon

Here is something I learned by reading the official ESO forum and it turns out to be quite correct.

Mirri, when set up as a ranged dps tends to dodge-roll back alot, routinely spreading out a fight and sometimes even resetting a boss. Turns out that is the case if she is using a bow, resto staff or shock/fire staff. But is NOT true when she is using an ice staff. When using an ice staff, she holds her ground and prefers to block rather than dodge when required. It took me awhile to figure out why that might be and I'm pretty sure it is because the ice staff has some tanking ability if you select the appropriate skill. My point though, is even without that skill selected, giving her an ice staff completely eliminates her dodge-rolling all over the battlefield and resetting bosses by dragging them too far away.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Grits
post Aug 17 2021, 01:25 AM
Post #844

Councilor
Group Icon

This is a great tip, thank you!

Jerric has been hunting world bosses with Bastian. He (Jerric) has slotted a taunt for the sole purpose of bringing the boss back to center when someone shows up with Mirri and starts dragging the boss across the map.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 17 2021, 01:38 AM
Post #845

Paladin
Group Icon

When Buffy plays as a magic nightblade, she has the skill bar flexibility to (and does) slot the magic ranged undaunted taunt and finds it very helpful when others show up at WBs. Oft times, it is just easier to grab the boss by the nose than to try and heal running squishies and damage a rogue boss. Unfortuntately, that is the only build where we can find the room for a rather rarely used skill. When she runs with Bastion as a tank, he actually does a good job of preventing the problem by holding the boss' attention.

And this week's endeavor of kill 20 WBs is right up Buffy's alley. She got to 15/20 on the first day and enjoyed every one of them. smile.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 17 2021, 10:00 AM
Post #846

Ancient
Group Icon

These are great tips on issues with Mirri and Bastion and how to avoid/counter them; really helpful!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Aug 29 2021, 02:39 PM
Post #847

Master
Group Icon

If I own mimic stones and one of the following motifs, do I need anything else to be able to craft a wanted outfit or not? Despite reading about this stuff online, I don't find an exact answer. I found a few threads where people ask about this subject, but answers that they got, are usually complicated and mention a bunch of some other stuff that I don't exactly know what it's about, because I'm not good at all with crafting in ESO.

If the answer to my question is simply yes, can from one stone be crafted one item?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 29 2021, 06:04 PM
Post #848

Paladin
Group Icon

Simple answer: Yes. Also, one mimic stone per each item.

Amplification: You need to know the motif and have the style material to craft in your desired style. A Crown Mimic Stone simply substitutes for the style material. So if you know the recipe but are unable to get some of the style material or don't have any and are in a hurry, mimic stones can help. Once in awhile, Buffy gets a crafting writ to make something in a required style. If she doesn't know the style, she destroys the writ. If she knows the style, then she proceeds to craft it. While crafting it, if she discovers that she doesn't have any of the necessary style material, she simply uses a mimic stone. She's never bought a mimic stone but they are given out in the daily rewards at a rate that significantly exceeds her requirements. I'm not sure, but there may be some motifs that you can only get from the Crown Store where the only style material for it is mimic stones.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Aug 29 2021, 06:12 PM
Post #849

Master
Group Icon

Thanks for the clarification.

So if have a mimic stone and buy one motif from the crown store, I can simply create this outfit? I don't need any additional traits that are required for crafting?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 29 2021, 07:01 PM
Post #850

Paladin
Group Icon

Yes, if you buy and learn the motif, it doesn't matter what kind of style material it requires as long as you have one mimic stone for each piece you want to craft.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Aug 29 2021, 07:50 PM
Post #851

Master
Group Icon

Thanks!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Nov 8 2021, 06:00 PM
Post #852

Councilor
Group Icon

Not sure if this is a Tip or a Warning:

If you go yo the new Armory Station, and save your current setup as Build 1, then switch to Build 2 ( initially empty) and LOAD it,then it will do just that. Your character is naked, has all skill points, attributes and CP refunded, and you can re-assign everything.

For my Vicuña, who's a tank, this let her create a second DPS build which can actually do damage, Of course, if you just want a minor change, then putting all your points back is a major grind.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 8 2021, 06:37 PM
Post #853

Paladin
Group Icon

Buffy just logs over to the build she wants. Her method includes even a class change. Lol.

So the Armory system in its current state is of no interest to her.

What she wants is the equivalent of an Armory system for Mirri to ease changing companion roles. Essential to this would be for Mirri to have a little companion inventory to carry her own extra gear.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jun 14 2022, 04:07 PM
Post #854

Paladin
Group Icon

mALX was asking me in a PM about companion rapport and I found this for all four of the current companions:

https://alcasthq.com/eso-companions-rapport/

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jun 14 2022, 06:03 PM
Post #855

Councilor
Group Icon

Follow the source link from Alcast’s and you’ll get more info. For example, Ember does not like fishing (too boring) and there is no mention of that. The link takes you to the new companions thread, but there is another for Mirri and Bastian on the PTS forum.

I find it curious that Ember gets three ways to raise by 125 but Bastian only has one.

Also, the two new companions have personal quests, just like the first two, and they start at rapport 1500, and 2750, and each quest gives 500 rapport. These numbers are the same for all four now, but when Mirri was new, you got both of her quests back to back, as it triggered at 1750, instead of 2750. Fixed long ago. One difference with the latest pair is that they have an extra personal quest each before you get them as houseguests. Looking back at my PTS results, it appears that the final personal quest is at 4000 rapport and awards the +500, matching the prior two.

None of my characters has got that far on live, yet. We can confirm 4000. Ember and Isobel are both houseguests on NA, and Ember also on EU. Isobel’s daily WB’s are harder to do when there is nobody else around, so we only have 3800 rapport on EU.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Jun 20 2022, 04:23 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jun 18 2022, 05:38 PM
Post #856

Councilor
Group Icon

I was going to suggest that those of us who routinely (automatically?) decline duels team up to get Isolbel's achievement, but it looks like it's bugged.

Let's hope it gets fixed before the next guild meets.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Jun 20 2022, 04:18 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jun 27 2022, 10:08 PM
Post #857

Councilor
Group Icon

When they added Mundus stones to the armory Station, already saved builds didn't have them, so if you re-loaded after that patch, you lost your boon. Today's tip, is to remember to go back and save again after you re-acquire it.

Guess who forgot on most of his characters?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Sep 7 2022, 07:40 PM
Post #858

Councilor
Group Icon

At the NA Guild meetup we were discussing how without add-ons to visit other players’ open houses.

To teleport to a player’s primary residence, enter into the chat box:

/script JumpToHouse("@playerid")

This is useful to reach an event hosted at a player’s house who is not a friend or guildie.

To teleport to any of a player’s houses that are set to allow visitors, enter into the chat box:

/script JumpToSpecificHouse("@playerid", houseid)

For house id numbers by house, here is a link to the UESP Player Housing page:
https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Player_Housing

So for example if you want to stop by Jerric’s cottage you would use:

/script JumpToSpecificHouse("@Grits.01", 28)

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 7 2022, 08:13 PM
Post #859

Paladin
Group Icon

Cool! Thanks!

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Sep 8 2022, 01:23 PM
Post #860

Councilor
Group Icon

The functions available for the /script chat command are documented in the esoui wiki, so I went looking for something that tells you which houses the player owns. I found the haystack, but not the needle.

So the add-ons still have their place, stringing the right calls together.

The alternative is a thread where we list our open homes with their numbers?

This post has been edited by ghastley: Sep 8 2022, 01:30 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

44 Pages V « < 41 42 43 44 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:06 PM