Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Morrowind Modding, Tips Hints Clues Advice
mALX
post Oct 1 2014, 04:28 PM
Post #1

Ancient
Group Icon

Played with retexturing yesterday, now I need to figure out how to get the new textures to load into the CS. It is taking the new meshes, but not the textures.

I am pretty sure it has to do with the naming system in the Morrowind Data file - so am knee-deep in revamping my mesh/texture file names (thank goodness I don't have that many yet).

Princess Stomper gave me some wonderful hints yesterday, and I know many on here played and modded Morrowind as well - hoped to get some advice and tips from anyone who has modded in Morrowind - will greatly appreciate even the basics!

I played in the construction set just a bit yesterday, was comfortable with the basics - but not the intricacies/quirks of the naming issues, etc.

So: "HELP!" (and) "Thank you so much!" to anyone who is willing to share some of their vast wealth of knowledge !!!

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
mALX
post Oct 1 2014, 06:49 PM
Post #2

Ancient
Group Icon

@ Ghastley - I just found this on the internet, a vid on how to convert meshes from Oblivion mods (because it is illegal to convert any Official meshes from one game to the other if you plan to upload them anywhere) to Morrowind:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCrfZ56PaWU

Truthfully, I like the meshes/textures in Morrowind a lot - just wanted a prettier covering on my bed and bedroll and cleaner walls inside "my home" (mod) - adjust the textures of a few furnishings to suit my taste.

Actually the only things I did hope to convert over from Oblivion to Morrowind were some modded animations (like walk, run, dance, sit, lie down, etc); and haven't found a way to do that yet. Still looking, but ... need to figure out the CS quirks first, lol.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:25 AM