Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

120 Pages V « < 103 104 105 106 107 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today in Cyrodiil, spoilers version, TES: 4 Oblivion character accounts & stories
macole
post Oct 26 2022, 04:38 AM
Post #2081

Mouth
Group Icon

Renee: You know I've never given much thought about what's on the menu. We''l have to think a bit on that.

20221025 Ayleid Steps – Lost Heorcinde, Black Heart - Upgraded and Relocated

A short nap and a couple of boring hours later, the ladies still weren’t back from their shopping trip. How they can spend hours looking over the same old stuff is beyond me. Not having anything else to do I went down to the other end of the Waterfront to browse around the Learned Warlock, a Better Cities magic shop.

Couple more hours gone by and still no word from the ladies, I returned to the cellar.

“Where have you been?” greeted me as I walked down the stairs. “We’ve been waiting! Weren’t you the one who was all so fired up to get going?”

Sometimes it’s just not worth trying to explain.

Traveling to Arkved’s Tower was uneventful. Deciding against entering the tower, the place is just too creepy; we gave the riddle a quick review before heading due east toward the western fork of the Reed River.

"Reed this: from the tower to the east, below the left slingshot arm, 3 steps."

The rest of the day was spent searching for the step stone. Disappointed in not finding the step we made camp for the night. During camp dinner we all agreed that finding these steps in the wilderness is not as easy as it sounds.

The next morning…

“Buttermilk biscuits with butter, brandied cherries, and orange marmalade for breakfast again? Can’t you at least conjure up sausage and eggs to go with it now and then?” the field hippies sang in unison.

“Sorry!” Oh well, there’s no accounting for söpökeiju tastes. It’s hard to whip up tasty meals that please everyone.

“Here,” I said, setting out a platter of sweet salsiccia, poached eggs, and cottage cheese sprinkled with black pepper. I’m just glad Kaleah wasn’t here it‘d be a whole ham otherwise. Whoever said “Daedra don’t eat”, well they never saw Kaleah devour a steer. “Enjoy.”

Afterwards we tried searching again this time concentrating on the southern end of the West Reed River. As we approached the confluence a flash of sunlight reflecting off a sliver of white stone that caught our eye. Is that it, we questioned.

Yes it is! Confident we had the right Ayleid Step we used a welkynd stone to activate the stone. Two steps later we found ourselves in Lost Heorcinde.

On the small side there wasn’t much to Lost Heorcinde. A few skeletons and ghouls and a series of falling blade traps to contend with and that was it. As expected, looting Lost Heorcinde yielded some pretty nice stuff. Most importantly, we recovered 10 welkynd stones and one varla stone.

When it came time to leave Heorcinde we had a choice between two stepstones. One had unusual turquoise speckles imbedded on the surface. We’ve noticed the turquoise chips on other steps before. Bringing back memories of the speckled spire, we activated the speckled step to find ourselves standing on an Ayleid Well near Ondo on the Silver River.

The Ayleid, Serevie has a camp nearby if I remember correctly. Perhaps she could provide some clues to the Mir Corrup mystery. It was late when we reached Serevie’s camp. It was a nice visit but Serevie didn’t know anything about Mir Corrup. The only rumor Serevie heard of lately was of a great change in the east. One of her distant relatives was about to fall. I have no idea who or what Serevie is talking about.

“What should we do next?” I wondered out loud as we walked back to the Ondo Ayleid well.

Ever willing to offer her instructions, Elenya spoke up, “As ranking diplomat of the Stranded Light, it would be prudent to report finding Mir Corrup and Serevie’s rumor to Tesserayiel. Wise is the Archeology Guild Headmaster who informs his Ayleid historian, Sova that we found another Lost Ayleid ruin. It’s your duty to do so.”

We had reached the well. Standing there thoroughly admonished, looking down at the stepstones that ring the Ayleid Well, I knew Elenya was right. I’ve been neglecting my official duties. Just one more step and I’ll get started on the paper work, promise.

Several beautifully scenic steps later we found ourselves standing in the darkness of Talwinque Aransel. Something moved in the darkness at the far end of the room (mod: Black Heart - Upgraded and Relocated).
An Imperial or Yokudan female, hard to tell in the darkness, stood by a campfire at the far side of the room. I was mesmerized. Something in the way she moved attracted me like no other...

Elenya screamed something that echoed faintly through my mind breaking the spell that had enthralled me. Maeva was already charging across the dark room as I began to realize how close I had come to falling to the black hearted siren’s seductive song. That glowing black sword in her hand was not an invitation for a date. Well maybe but it certainly would not be any fun on my part.

Unencumbered by restrictive armor, she was fast and furious. With an evil red glow, her black blade shrieked as it sliced through the dank stale air of Talwinque Aransel, sending Maeva flying across the room. With equal ease Elenya was incapacitated leaving me alone to deal with Black Heart.

Had she propositioned I may have succumbed to her charms but her only offer was the edge of her black blade arcing toward me. The black blade deflected harmlessly off the Dragon Spirit shield as I back pedaled away from her whirling dervish attack. Gaining some distance between us I hit her with a Midas Prism Ray spell. It took a couple of shots before she slowly fell paralyzed to the ground. Taking advantage of Black Heart’s limp state, her reign of terror was soon ended.

The battle over I immediately applied healing spells to my two valiant söpökeiju. Healing Cloud, ranged convalescences, or a hands on spell; which type of spell to use is always a difficult decision? Short moments later,
I could tell Elenya and Maeva were fully recovered by the way the two Cute Elves ransacked Black Heart’s wardrobe.

“Kaleah is going to like these. Which do you like better the light armor or the heavy?” they asked, wanting me to guess who is wearing which.

“Um," A klaxon sounded in my head. It's a trap. Really all I want is the sword. "I have no idea. To me, they both look like flyweight.”

That seemed to satisfy them and we continued on our way.

By the time we fought our way to the Talwinque’s exit we had vanquished 24 MOO mercenaries, collected a dozen welkynd stones and two varla stones, and discovered another Step Hub.

Leaving Talwinque it felt good to have the magicka rich gaze of Magnus on my face. Contented, I realized it was time to face the responsibilities of the offices given to me. I was about to open the Midas Astral Gate when we were approached by the Kvatch courier, Ignus. He had come to deliver a letter from Savlian Matius. Reading it I thought a quick stop by Kvatch wouldn’t hurt.

This post has been edited by macole: Oct 26 2022, 04:41 AM

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
Endure and through enduring grow strong.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Oct 26 2022, 07:48 PM
Post #2082

Paladin
Group Icon

That Ayleid Step hunting requires a hearty breakfast I see!

Uh oh, a reminder from Elenya for the Jandaga to attend his guild duties.

Talwinque seemed a dangerous place with that potent and bladed siren.

’Something in the way she moved attracted me like no other...’
- - Familiar lyrics!

Black Heart did have a nice looking wardrobe though which did not go unnoticed.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
macole
post Oct 31 2022, 08:05 AM
Post #2083

Mouth
Group Icon

20221030 Kvatch Rebuilt - Ayleid Steps, Lost Morra

It was getting dark and the air definitely had a chill to it when we exited Talwinque. It would be safer to travel to Kvatch in the morning. Couple of issues, There’s only one tent at the Talwinque camp and little wood to feed the fire. We’re going to have to have to share the tent.

Ah, the thought of the three of us huddled together in the single tent to keep warm against the chilly Colovian Highland night air, dance like a graceful ballet through my mind. I should have known better, real life seldom lives up to the fantasy. I’ll tell you, a night of elbows to the ribs and chin and a knee to the… Um, will make anyone eager to get up early and hit the road to Kvatch.

Half a day travel and we were at the great city’s silver gates.

Walking the streets of Kvatch, though there is still much to do it’s amazing to see how much progress has been made its rebuilding. People walking along the main street going about their business or just stopping to chat, showed the resilience of the Kvatch citizenry. The city is well on its way to recovery.

Savlian Matius is found sitting in The Wolf’s Head with Procis Douarus. Pulling up a chair and a mug of golden ale I sat down to find out what Savlian’s letter what was all about. Turns out, while cleaning out a pile of rubble Savlian found a note stuck inside the book, 'The Trials of Ilnori'. The note indicated that Count Goldwine has a surviving lost child, possibly living near Cheydinhall. Savlian hopes that I will track down this missing heir.

Illegitimate, maybe but the child is now the sole known heir and, most importantly, no one else in Kvatch wants the job. With so much to do at the moment I tried to get out of it with an indefinite response of we’d look into it the next time we’re in Cheydinhall. Savlian took that as a definite yes and I left it at that.

After a night of celebration we left Kvatch. On the road heading east to Merendin, Maeva asked, “Why don’t you take the Kvatch title? After all you’ve done for Kvatch you deserve it more than anyone. Especially over someone who has never even seen the inside of the castle.”

“Me, a count?” I laughed. “I have a hard enough time running the Mages Guild, the Archeology Guild, and two vineyards. I can barely take care of seven ladies, how can I possibly take care of a whole city? No way! Not me! Let someone else have all the pain.”

Arriving at Skingred we spent the night at Rosethorn Hall. The next day we tracked down certain vendors to trade in our growing pile of loot for what we considered to be, necessary supplies.

The morning after shopping Elenya that the route we’re taking to Merendin will take us past near where she thinks the answer to one of the riddles is located.

“It’s really close to Shadowcrest Vineyard,” Elenya said eagerly.

With Fiona away, I think Elenya was anticipating sampling the Witch’s special vintage with a plate of cheese and sausage for dinner. To tell the truth so was I and by the way Maeva’s eyes widened she had the same idea. And, so it was on an idyllic moonlit evening we had dinner on the veranda with a few bottles of a very special wine.

The tenants were enjoying the evening as well. The smell of lamb shawarma turning on the spit filled the air. A short time later one of the vineyard’s tenants began strumming a tune on his fat lute. As the romantic melodies drifted across the vineyard the notes lifted our cares and worries, and carried them away. Ah, simply magical.

Much later, thinking it was time to go inside; I don’t remember a thing after standing up. Until…

“Come on, party pooper. Wake up,” Elenya was shaking me and quietly urging me to get up. “Come on let’s go find that Ayleid stepstone before Maeva wakes up. Come on, get up!”

“Stop yelling. I’m up already.”

"thron fo wryesel bredor, hebdin ailodest lingibud, no poles." Elenya shouted as she dragged me out the door face the glaring light of Magnus. “It’s this way.”

It took us about an hour to find it but sure enough there it was just as the riddle said, “North of Elswyer border, behind isolated building, on slope.”

Like times before the step was half buried in the ground making it hard to find. Unlike times before, when we activated the stepstone, instead of a hop, skip, and a jump to the location this step took us directly to Lost Morra.

Sensing enemies Elenya immediately attacked the wall behind us. Bummer, Elenya’s reaction was strange for right in front of us was a zombie. With Elenya guarding the rear I took care of the zombie, avoided the falling floor trap, and pressed forward confident that she will eventually catch up. Luckily this was a small Ayleid ruin. On the bad side it was filled with zombies, lots of zombies!

Now zombies aren’t all that difficult. One good strike and the bandages the hold them together is in tatters. The only problem is they keep getting back up. So it’s best to out run them. Knock them down and keep moving.

I kept moving forward until I reached an apparent dead end. Spotting a push block on the wall I gave it a push. Pushing the block caused a section of the wall to slowly slide down opening the way to the room in which I had first arrived. Elenya was so overjoyed to see it was me stepping out from opening or was it that her sword missed me by inches that cause her jump on me with a ferocious hug?

Finding couple of bedrolls we spent the night and left Lost Morra the next morning via the way we came. The Ayleid step took us to a beautiful spot in the West Weald near Fat Ramp Camp overlooking the Strid River.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Renee
post Oct 31 2022, 01:15 PM
Post #2084

Councilor
Group Icon

Whooooa look at your sky!!! blink.gif Look at all those colors. Galaxies, man. Dig it. Seriously, it looks like your Cyrodiil night sky is permanently viewed through Hubble.

I have trouble thinking of Jandaga spooning with his mates. laugh.gif All that pointy armor (or lack of, in the case of his ladies). I hope he dressed down for the event!

Kvatch Rising does the same thing; it allows us to become Count (or Countess, in the case of my Renee Gade III). RG3 took the title, but as Jandaga intuited, she's rarely in town.

Ah, a puzzle! Nice.

Now zombies aren’t all that difficult. One good strike and the bandages the hold them together is in tatters. The only problem is they keep getting back up.

Turn that [censored] OFF!!! 🧟

This post has been edited by Renee: Oct 31 2022, 01:16 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Oct 31 2022, 08:02 PM
Post #2085

Paladin
Group Icon

Fortunately, Bosmer are small so sharing a tent with one is easy. Of course the Jandaga’s companions are a bit larger with bony elbows. . . . Renee’s right – beautiful sky there outside TelWinkie.

Wonderful progress being made in Kvatch it seems. Just need to find a suitable count/countess now.

Another beautiful screenshot overlooking FatRumpCamp.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
macole
post Oct 31 2022, 10:43 PM
Post #2086

Mouth
Group Icon

Fantasy Nightsky #1 replaces the skynebula01.dds and Skystars.dds files with Hi-rez pictures taken with the Hubble telescope. The Nebula used it the Crab Nebula and the Star field is Star Cluster NGC 290. I’ve been using this ever since I saw it back in 2008 or 2009. It may be the oldest mod in my list.

EDIT: I changed from "Fantasy NightSky Number 1" to "Fantasy NightSky Number 1 largest stars removed" in 2010.

The See You Sleep mod, another oldie, removes all outer clothing down to his underwear when sleeping. You can set options for favoite jammies. So there is no concern about spiky armor and the ladies all have their best nighties.

This post has been edited by macole: Oct 31 2022, 10:54 PM

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Renee
post Nov 1 2022, 12:54 PM
Post #2087

Councilor
Group Icon

Nice, so that sky is made with Hubble, that's incredible.

--------------------
+Quote Post
macole
post Nov 1 2022, 05:00 PM
Post #2088

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Oct 31 2022, 02:02 PM) *

Another beautiful screenshot overlooking FatRumpCamp.

The Jandaga learned quite some time ago while exploring Fatback Cave not to go around singing a cetain Qneen song when Ladies are present. It was not easy getting the dent out of his armor.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
macole
post Nov 7 2022, 07:15 AM
Post #2089

Mouth
Group Icon

2022106 The Ayleid Steps – Lost Sutch Arena, Integration Stranded Light – Mir Corrup Mystery

The Ayleid step took us to a beautiful spot in the West Weald near Fat Ramp Camp overlooking the Strid River. How long we stood there transfixed by the view of the Strid I cannot say. It seemed like hours went by before Elenya’s hand touched mine.

Looking me in the eye she said, “I’m tired of fighting. I need to rest awhile.”

“Do you need to recharge your spirit at the Cute Elf Retreat or will some time at Benirus Manor do?” I asked.

“Some time communing with the Unicorn at Benirus should work,” Elenya said weakly.

“Then Benirus it shall be,” I said as I prepared to cast Transport Home.

Returning to Benirus Manor with all the Ladies present was heartwarming. Hugs all around, dinner was served, and bottles of wine from our Sutch vineyard kept us up to the wee hours.

The next day started well with Elenya down in the basement relaxing in tranquil meditation as she recharged her spirit. I knew she’d be right as rain in a week or two. That‘ll give me some time to organize my collection of Rune Skulls.

I had just begun cataloging the Rune Skulls by their enchantment potential, when Fiona the witch and the young sorceress, Claire approached. They stood watching silently for some minutes. It was shortly after the toe tapping started when Claire in an accusatory voice firmly declared, “Well, are you going to take us out or do we go alone?”

Taken aback, I asked warily, “Where do you want to go?”

“Here, Shadows Rest Cave.” Fiona cooed ever so sweetly.

Distracted by the seductive voice, like the fly succumbing to the spiders call, the trap was sprung. A paper was thrust in front of my face. So close I could see nothing else but a map marked with an X. Emblazoned across the bottom of the page was the riddle "Flanked by waterfalls, where unlit areas remain."

“Oh, let me get my armor and we’ll leave right away,” I said.

“What?” Claire and Fiona cried in unison. “You can’t just pop in whenever you feel like it and say come on let’s go. We have to get our things together first.”

As they sashayed away I could hear them going on about nail polish, hairstyle, and what eye shadow color goes best with which robe. It’s going to be one of those days. I went back to the Rune Skulls. At least they can hold a polite conversation.

It was the fallowing morning by the time we left Anvil. Heading north our first destination was Sutch. It was late when we arrived in Sutch. Weary from the journey we headed straight to our Silver Star Manor where we spent the night.

Gil, who with his wife manages the Silver Star Winery for me, was excited to see me. Gil insisted on a glass of wine before we retired for the night. Pretty good stuff. As we sipped our nightcap Gil produce a chest full of gold coins. It’s been a good year for Silver Star Winery. The nest morning, after going over the books with Gil we left for Chorrol.

“My Shadowcrest wine is better,” Fiona insisted as we passed through the gates of Silver Star Vineyard and Winery.

Parched and hungry, our first stop when we arrived at Chorrol was to The Oak and Crosier for an early dinner. We were standing around talking to Valeria, a Cute Elf cousin to Elenya and Maeva, when I noticed Chandra the Bloodthirsty had arrived. She might know something about Mir Corrup.

Mentioning Mir Corrup to her, Chandra the Bloodthirsty told us that she had intended to live in Mir Corrup, with its great night life, when she first arrive in Cyrodiil close to 30-years ago. But, suddenly it just wasn’t there. That’s why she moved to Chorrol which she considers to be her personal hunting ground. Err, I’m sure she meant to say playground.

Thirty years ago. Hmmm, makes me wonder. The thought takes me back to roaming the countryside surrounding the Iliac Bay. Ah, those were great times.

Those were the days my friend
We thought they'd never end
We'd sing and dance forever and a day
We'd live the life we choose
We'd fight and never lose

Those were the days, oh yes those were the days.

After spending a restful night at Arborwatch, if you can call spending most the night listening to a sorceress and a witch comparing techniques on turning a rival into a toad restful, we left to find Shadows Rest Cave.

We’ve or at least I’ve been there before, so we know where we are going. North along the Orange Road we journeyed until we came to the Shadows Rest Cave area. Just passed the cave, a wood plank bridge crossed a mountain stream at a point where it was flanked by two waterfalls. This had to be the place.

A small herd of Minotaur thundered past as my Ladies ran to and fro peering over the edge of the bridge, searching a sign of the stepstone. While I, fearing that we were going to be thrown off into the stream as the bridge bucked and twisted like a bull, hung on for dear life. Once the Minotaur had passed and the bridge become stable again Fiona pointed down to the stream below and declared, “There it is! I win pay up.”

Claire handed over a small purse while muttering something like, “Next time”.

Three stepstones later we stood in the darkness of a “Lost” ruin. Before we left Chorrol I placed the vampire bane Light of Dawn in the Midas Astral Chest and equipped the Nikos matched set. Thought I’d impress my two lovely Moonshadow elves by dual wielding with the flashy scimitars. I regretted that as we were greeted by hungry vampires.

Half dozen of the bloodsuckers later, the most fearsome one being Rokun gro-Chamock, we stood in the center of a large rotunda.

What is this place?” we asked each other.

“I don’t know much about the history of Sutch,” I said. “But, by all indications this is the Lost Sutch Arena. If Sutch had one this would be it. How it came to be buried here is beyond me.”

“Maybe the same thing happened here that happened to Mir Corrup?” Claire suggested.

After a thorough inspection and looting of the area we left Lost Sutch Arena by means of the entrance stepstone.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Nov 7 2022, 11:04 AM
Post #2090

Mouth
Group Icon

Nail polish is extremely important when going into battle. In particular diamond finish with retractable blades. A personal favourite. biggrin.gif

--------------------
"What is life's greatest illusion?"
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 7 2022, 09:04 PM
Post #2091

Paladin
Group Icon

Most views overlooking the Strid River are breathtaking. Uh oh, Elenya’s gotta recharge her Cute Elven batteries.

Back to Benirus Manor to accommodate Elenya. And a crew-change later it’s off hunting for more stepping stones until the intrepid party ends this episode getting a vampire-hunting fix.

@Lena - tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Acadian: Nov 7 2022, 10:57 PM

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
macole
post Nov 7 2022, 09:24 PM
Post #2092

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lena Wolf @ Nov 7 2022, 04:04 AM) *

Nail polish is extremely important when going into battle. In particular diamond finish with retractable blades. A personal favourite. biggrin.gif

The Ladies willlike that, for sure. I'll keep an eye out for it. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by macole: Nov 7 2022, 09:26 PM

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
macole
post Nov 9 2022, 07:12 AM
Post #2093

Mouth
Group Icon

There was a small issue with Lost Sutch Arena. Enemies were spawning behind an invisible barrier on the upper balcony of the arena. They just stood there running in place trying to attack. I couldn’t get to them either. Ranged spells and weapons worked to kill the enemies Kind of messed up.

While searching the internet for a solution I realized that my copy of The Ayleid Steps, V3.6.9, 2017, is several versions behind the current V3.8.3. Tweaks have been made, fixes applied, and an Ayleid Ruin has been added to the Lost Sutch Arena.

While I’m tempted to follow the update procedure in the readme, my old game is getting a bit fragile. It crashes when saving, a lot. Changes worries me. Thinking I'll bypass the riddles for now until I feel bolder.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Nov 9 2022, 10:30 AM
Post #2094

Mouth
Group Icon

This problem sounds like the area is not correctly path grid. Spawned creatures are always placed on path grid nodes, so if those nodes do not exist or are in the wrong place, effects like these would happen. Might be an easy fix to do yourself, without upgrading everything else.

--------------------
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
Renee
post Nov 11 2022, 01:25 AM
Post #2095

Councilor
Group Icon

Firstly, congrats on finally attaining the Mouth (posts) status.

Sutch is such a great mod. Oh no, Jandaga, don't be distracted by Fiona the Floozie! (Is she a floozie? Sorry if she's not. I just have a feeling...)

As usual, today's song is ringing a bell. Hmm.

I agree. How did Sutch's arena get all the way up there??? indifferent.gif

QUOTE(Lena Wolf @ Nov 7 2022, 05:04 AM) *

I have a friend whose van's windshield got a chip in it. The repair would have been expensive of course, and she needed to get it fixed. She actually had the thought to use nail polish. I laughed, but it worked!

--------------------
+Quote Post
macole
post Nov 11 2022, 07:55 AM
Post #2096

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Nov 10 2022, 06:25 PM) *

Firstly, congrats on finally attaining the Mouth (posts) status.

Thanks Hug_emoticon.gif

... Oh no, Jandaga, don't be distracted by Fiona the Floozie! (Is she a floozie? Sorry if she's not. I just have a feeling...)

Fiona the Floozy, err, Witch, is the girl with a short skirt and a long jacket.

She’s got a mind like a diamond
She knows what's best
She’s got shoes that cut
And eyes that burn like cigarettes

She’s got the right allocations
with smooth liquidation and good dividends
With fingernails that shine like justice
And a voice that is dark like tinted glass.

Fiona knows what she wants, has all the tools to get it, and knows to turn the heat down when around Kaleah (theme song One Night in Bangkok).

As usual, today's song is ringing a bell. Hmm.

Mary Hopkin, 'Those Were The Days'

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
macole
post Nov 16 2022, 05:54 AM
Post #2097

Mouth
Group Icon

20221015 The Ayleid Steps – Welkynd Worries, Integration Stranded Light - Mysteries of Mir Corrup

This time the stepstone deposited us at the bottom of the Niben near Bawnwatch Camp. Soaking wet and sputtering water, it was well after midnight when we crawled up onto the little island. With thanks to the Mother of All Creation and to whoever set Bawnwatch Camp, we settled down around the fire to dry off.

“In the arena, why couldn’t those vampires get down from the balcony?” Claire asked. “It was like they were running into an invisible wall.”

“Yeah, it was messed up alright,” I replied. “But, a few fireballs took ‘em out quite nicely.”

“I don’t know,” the witch Fiona responded. “It felt like something was missing in the Lost Sutch Arena. You should go back.”

“Maybe someday if I need to.”

It was close to midday when we woke the next day. Been long on the trail eating conjured dinners we looked forward to some real cooking so we struck off to the nearest city, Bravil.

There’s nothing better than an early lunch at the Bravil Bayside Inn (Better Cities) when you’re hungry. To tell the truth it was the first inn we saw and we weren’t being choosey. Anyway, having never eaten at the Bayside before, we were impressed by the mid-day feast they laid down.

Leaving the Bravil docks after our lunch, we entered the city. Our first stop was the Mages Guild. I’ve been neglecting my personal training and need to catch up on my Mysticism classes.

The lax demeanor of the hall changed instantly when the guild members noticed the Psychedelic Warrior and his two adepts of the magical arts had entered the hall. Everyone suddenly thought of nothing else but to drop what they were doing and attend to the Arch-Mage’s needs.

That meant each department head brought stacks of requisition forms for the Arch-Mage to sign. It was an hour of torture before I could seek out Ita Rienus for a session. It only took a few short sessions before Ita stopped to tell me that there is nothing more that she can teach me. For more I will have to speak to Dagail in Leyawiin.

“Don’t you think it strange that a trainer in advance mysticism only offers one mysticism spell for sale?” Claire asked.

“Strange? Yes. It seems to me that all arcane trainers are like that. They train you in one school of magic and sell spells in another.

While conducting business with Ardaline we weren’t as much surprised that she had a Welkynd stone for sale as we were shocked by the outrageous sale price of 495 Septims. That’s more than quadruple what I last paid for one. The bargaining tactic of mentioning going down to The Fair Deal to check Nilawen’s prices only brought laughter from Ardaline.

“Go ahead,” Ardaline challenged.

Ardaline got the last laugh on this one; The Fair Deal was completely out of welkynd stones. Nilawen acted worried as he suggested we should try Ungarion over at the Warlock’s Luck.

Over at the Warlock’s Luck Ungarion didn’t have any stones for sale either but he did offer us some information. Being a little less cautious than Nilawen, Ungarion told us that there has been a huge run on welkynd stones. As the supply has dwindled the demand for the stones has become more aggressive. This has many of the vendors worried for their safety.

”In fact,” Ungarion told me. “Gundalas, down in Leyawiin, has received threats of violence against, his self, his shop, and his family.”

Somebody has got to do something! If speaking to Dagail wasn’t reason enough, this certainly warrants a trip to Leyawiin. We caught the next barge traveling down the river.

Leyawiin, home to the best gumbo in the Empire. The intoxicating aroma of Leyawiin’s unique blend of Blackwood and Elsweyr spices picks you up and hugs you like an old girl friend as you step onto the dock. There’ll be time enough later to savor the local cuisine right now we need to see Gundalas.

“Someone dressed in a grey robe comes every Sundas around 2:00 pm demanding a lot of welkynd stones at a low ball price,” Gundalas said, “Now that the supply of welkynds had dried up, these mysterious people have become very aggressive, threatening to burn down my sop if I don’t supply them with welkynd stones. Please help me get rid of them.”

Claire and Fiona both agreed we need to help in any way we can. It’s only Turdas; we might as well go to the Mages Guild and waste our time there while we wait. So we spent our days at the Mages Guild Hall signing requisitions and performing other official guild business, while spending our night at my Leyawiin home and OVB chapter house. Thankfully, J’Dato didn’t have much to report other than rumors of some adventurer encountering a vicious vampire in some lost arena.

“You wouldn’t happen to know anything about that would you?” J’Dato asked quizzically.

The time at the Mages Guild was well spent in mysticism training with Dagail. As a bonus Dagail supplied a clue to the Mir Corrup Mystery when she told me what the Jills were and how they supposedly mended time.

I breezed through Dagail’s training sessions taking in everything she taught until my mind just couldn’t absorb anymore.

“Patience, child. There is more to learn but you must practice what you have learned today before you can train again,” Dagail told me.

Noon Sundas has come and we walked over to wait outside the Best Goods and Guarantees.

“Jandaga,” Claire said. “Don't you think a change to something a little less conspicuous would be wise.”

“Here dear one, let me help you with those pesky buckles,” Fiona the Floozy… (Ooops! A thought struck me like a slap upside the head) er, Fiona the Witch cooed in a silky voice, while Claire stood arms akimbo, fuming because she hadn’t thought of it first.

Once changed I wondered had the ladies not considered their own apparel.

It wasn’t long before we noticed a tall figure in a grey robe strolling down the street toward us. He or was it a she, entered Best Goods and Guarantees. A short time later the mysterious figure came out and headed north toward the city gate. We followed.

‘It’s a she,” Claire whispered curtly as the mysterious figure walk by. Am I seeing things or did Claire’s golden mane stand on end for a fraction of a second.

We followed the mysterious figure as she led us out of the city into the dense jungle north of Bravil. Her trail led us to a spot in the jungle where stood some ancient Ayleid in nature ruins. There the gal in the grey robe suddenly disappeared. Searching the area we found an Ayleid stepstone.

We better prepare ourselves before activating this stepstone. Who knows what’s on the other side.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Nov 16 2022, 03:58 PM
Post #2098

Mouth
Group Icon

The life of an Arch-Mage is full of excitement, I see. Requisition forms galore... rolleyes.gif Can't you just magic them away? tongue.gif

And a run on Welkynd stones... Ugh-oh. I'll pass the message to the Welkynd Stone Masons Guild in Winterhold - they've got to up the output!

--------------------
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 16 2022, 08:38 PM
Post #2099

Paladin
Group Icon

That inn at Bravil does indeed look inviting – especially after conjured meals heated in the magicwave.

Hmm, someone’s trying to manipulate the welkynd stone market, so off to Leyawiin on a lead and for more training.

The Jandaga is right – putting him in ‘subtle’ attire doesn’t do much - considering his escorts. I wonder where gray-robe lady’s stepping stone will lead?

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Nov 17 2022, 09:24 PM
Post #2100

Councilor
Group Icon

I've always loved that little camp by Bawn. Perfect for those times when you don't want to go all the way into Bravil, yet need a place to get some rest. sleep.gif

Is there an official reason why the Sutch Arena is located so far away?

Hey, all the attention he's getting from others (administrative stuff, from the sound of it) once he's back as Arch Mage sounds more interesting than having Apprentices and other mages constantly greet as as the "Arcane University's newest member." redwizardsmile.gif Or even worse, not recognize us as Arch Mage at all.

Hmm. I mean, I guess technically we are the AU's newest member. whistling.gif

Claire asks Jandaga to dress "less conspiculously" yet look how eye-catching her outfit is! hubbahubba.gif

The Jandaga looks a little bit like Indiana Jones with his new, less conspicuous outfit ('specially the hat). Heh, Jandaga Jones.

Neat quest. Yes, I wonder where she'll lead them. Almost afraid to find out!

--------------------
+Quote Post

120 Pages V « < 103 104 105 106 107 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:27 PM