18 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> That Mod Looks Interesting, Trying To Keep Up With New Mods
SubRosa
post Aug 7 2014, 09:29 PM
Post #1

Ancient
Group Icon

Sometimes I see a mod and think "Hey, that looks interesting!" Often in a screenshot from someone else's game. Or on those occasional visits to the Nexus and I see it on the front page. I thought I would create a topic that might make it easier for all of us to keep up on what mods are out there -new or old - that at least look good. If other folks already have it, they can chime in and offer their opinions/experience with it. If not, they might decide to try it themselves.

Rogue Armor looks interesting. It requires Dragonborn, and is basically a mash up of vanilla armors. But it seems to come together alright. Has anyone tried it? I don't have a character right now who it would be appropriate for, so even if I download it, it could be months before I actually try it out.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 7 2014, 09:42 PM
Post #2

Paladin
Group Icon

This is a good idea for a thread - thanks!

I haven't seen that Rogue Armor one, as it's fairly new. It looks fabulous though - like it really fits and belongs in the game for a rogue character. I very much like that it has some color (red) but that the red is subdued enough that it would be totally appropriate for dungeon crawling.

It has a bit too much metal on it and is too 'roguishly rough and ready' for Buffy the mystic archer, but it's a great looking armor for the right character for sure. It looks like something Aravi the skirmisher might like perhaps.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Grits
post Aug 7 2014, 10:07 PM
Post #3

Councilor
Group Icon

That looks great on the Khajiit! I love the fingerless gauntlets. It looks like something Valdi would wear on her more roguish days. The rough armor she wears now exposes a little too much boob for her liking.

I'd love to see it on Aravi. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Aug 7 2014, 10:40 PM
Post #4

Councilor
Group Icon

OK, I had Valdi do a quick fashion show in Castle Volkihar. biggrin.gif Our findings:

It looks awesome. BUT it shows a bit more hip than I would like. Especially with the armored hood on Valdi’s bare skin seemed to say, “Stab my kidneys.”

However Valdi does not have fur. I would still love it on a Khajiit.

Picture

Another one

And one more

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 7 2014, 11:21 PM
Post #5

Ancient
Group Icon

Valdi is hot!

Erm, I mean the armor does look good. It does expose the love handles a bit though.

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Aug 8 2014, 07:34 PM
Post #6

Master
Group Icon

I already saw the mod on the Nexus and thought the same thing - too much hip exposure. As I've become more exposure-minded thanks to Frostfall, I've been avoiding those custom/modded armors that reveal too much. The vanilla fur armor shows a little too much cleavage for my Alise's taste, but we decided that the armor still provides Full protection thanks to the Snow Cat who donated the pelt for this particular piece. Anyways, she wears her enchanted fur travel cloak over it so it's not that noticeable.

One thing I adore about Skyrim are the DOGS! The way they look at you with those big brown eyes that somehow glint with mischief, the way they lie down when you're idling, and the way they hang their shaggy wolfhound heads when you look at them funny. They all remind me of how I always imagined Grit's Ulfe to be! Anyway, I found this mod last night and thought hmmmmm . . . I like what it does to Vigilance, Alise's current companion (along with SubRosa's summoned Saber Cat).

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 8 2014, 07:58 PM
Post #7

Paladin
Group Icon

Anybody know of a nice little to make the dogs stop barking all the time? It's nice for about five minutes but forces me to fire the dog before long. Barking to acknowledge commands only maybe? or only a couple times a day instead of every couple minutes?

I tried one of the huskies from DG and ran right into the same disqualifying problem right away.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 8 2014, 08:55 PM
Post #8

Ancient
Group Icon

There are mods like Shut Up Dogs that make them stop entirely, but I do not know of ones that only make them bark a little bit of the time.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Aug 26 2014, 04:56 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Aug 8 2014, 09:13 PM
Post #9

Councilor
Group Icon

I love the Skyrim dogs, too. They are exactly how I imagined Ulfe, only grey instead of blonde. I was so happy when I saw the first screenshot of one! wub.gif That Unique Dogs mod looks neat. Changing the color is the next thing I’m trying to figure out for Ulfe.

I use Deeper Dog Bark to make the barking a little more pleasant. Sorry I don't know a mod to make them bark less.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 8 2014, 09:29 PM
Post #10

Paladin
Group Icon

Oh thanks for that! I'll have to check those out!

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Grits
post Aug 25 2014, 09:02 PM
Post #11

Councilor
Group Icon

This just in from the Unique Dogs version 1.2 change log: "-added less barking and no barking options."

I haven't tried it yet, but it's looking pretty good to me now. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Aug 26 2014, 06:01 AM
Post #12

Master
Group Icon

One thing about the mod, it turns Stump positively PURPLE! It's especially noticeable in bright sunlight.

First time I saw this I was "Watthef--" blink.gif Then I cracked up laughing when I realized the kids must have concocted some kind of shampoo with purple mountain flower, lavender and garlic in an attempt to rid the poor guy of fleas. I'm not sure if it did get rid of the fleas, but it certainly explains the purple color! laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Aug 26 2014, 12:03 PM
Post #13

Councilor
Group Icon

I noticed purple Stump in the screenshots. Here's the other comment from the change log: "- Fixed the purple tint bug! (Woohoo!)." Lavender and purple mountain flower, that's awesome. biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 27 2014, 02:10 AM
Post #14

Ancient
Group Icon

I came across an interesting armor mod today while l was looking for new outfits for Persephone. Berserk Sonia Armor and its retexture mod have a great, realistic look. It would be good for an ordinary, no-nonsense girl. The curling feather on the back of the helmet is the only thing that looks a bit fantastical. But the rest of the helmet is a classic burgonet, and with the chest plate, is straight from Real Life.

SPOA Silver Knight Armor looks very neat as well. A lot fancier than the Sonia armor, but still very functional. A good knightly attire.

Maty's Mithril Armor is another good looking armor set.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Aug 27 2014, 02:36 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 27 2014, 03:09 AM
Post #15

Paladin
Group Icon

SubRosa, the SPOA Silver Knight Armor looks absolutely stunning! Every bit of it. In fact, it sports a helmet that I would actually put on a character! goodjob.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 27 2014, 03:17 AM
Post #16

Ancient
Group Icon

It does have a helmet. But it completely covers the wearer's head and face. So even if Persephone goes with it, she will be bare-headed.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 27 2014, 03:21 AM
Post #17

Paladin
Group Icon

*glances at avatar* Yeah, I love full face helmets - both the practicality and mystery they provide. I like wearing the one in my avatar to keep that pesky blond ponytail from popping out. . . but it doesn't work so well, does it? biggrin.gif Back in OB, I used to imagine the look on folks' faces when the massive knight in shining golden (dwarven) armor removed the full face helm to reveal - Sir Mazoga! wub.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Grits
post Aug 27 2014, 03:39 AM
Post #18

Councilor
Group Icon

Lost Paladins of the Divines Armor is one that caught my attention. I think it might have too much gold for Persephone, though. I also think the Quicksilver Elven Set looks nice.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Aug 27 2014, 01:57 PM
Post #19

Councilor
Group Icon

Here’s one that I’m having reckless fun with and hopefully not sowing the seeds of my game’s destruction. Jaxonz Renamer. Best thing so far: custom potions names!!! You know how happy this makes me. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 27 2014, 03:17 PM
Post #20

Paladin
Group Icon

A happy Grits! biggrin.gif

Flea shampoo, Jerric juice, ... smile.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post

18 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 08:52 AM