18 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> That Mod Looks Interesting, Trying To Keep Up With New Mods
SubRosa
post Aug 27 2014, 04:17 PM
Post #21

Ancient
Group Icon

That is a great way to give Flash and the other horses names as well!

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 2 2014, 01:05 AM
Post #22

Ancient
Group Icon

I started using Face Light a few days ago. It is a simple little mod, that puts a light on the player character's face. It does not sound like much, but it does look really good. There are two spells, for varying levels of brightness, and two more to cast them on NPCs. I find I like the darker version best, as it adds only a subtle light to the PC.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Sep 15 2014, 07:38 PM
Post #23

Councilor
Group Icon

Ok, so this mod may be the final piece of the puzzle that gets me to recreate Njall the Unliving and put him through the vampire side of Dawnguard as SubRosa suggested. I’ve always loved the ancient Nord armor except for the miniskirt part. It looks like this mod just gives it pants.

BTW, Facelight is working great for me. Thank you for the tip! smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Sep 16 2014, 03:14 AM
Post #24

Master
Group Icon

Yaay pants!

I hate the way the Ancient Nord armor and the Imperial Legion armor leaves knees so bare. I mean, come on, this is eternal Frostfall! Brrrrgh!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Sep 16 2014, 03:25 AM
Post #25

Councilor
Group Icon

I used to use an armor mod just for the pants that you could put under other armor. I felt itchy with all of those bare legs walking through thigh-high brush.

Weren’t we just talking about how silly it is that NPCs don’t seem to notice the glowing eyes and butt faces of NPC vampires? Here’s a mod for that: Humanoid Vampires - Vampires use normal faces and Serana’s eyes variant.

I haven’t tried it since I’m using a different mod for eyes and fangs plus my own player vampire face tweaks with whatever I did that I don’t remember, but it would seem that this mod could replace both.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 16 2014, 04:53 PM
Post #26

Ancient
Group Icon

Thanks! I'll download that after work and give it a whirl.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Pseron Wyrd
post Sep 18 2014, 01:23 AM
Post #27

Finder
Group Icon

Here's a mod I just discovered. It's called Familiar Faces.

It allows you to bring old characters into your current game. "...meet your Dragonborn from past play-throughs, create a monument to their achievements, and even bring them to your world as faithful allies... or worthy opponents! Whether you're a role-player trying to build a coherent story of Skyrim or you just think it'd be cool to use your other players as followers, Familiar Faces is the only way to do it!"

The reason this mod interests me is that I've been doing this for almost 12 years but I've always had to do it manually in the Construction Set. It looks like this mod offers an easier and more automated way of accomplishing the same thing. I will definitely be trying this out the next time I play Skyrim.

This post has been edited by Pseron Wyrd: Sep 18 2014, 01:28 AM
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 18 2014, 02:52 AM
Post #28

Paladin
Group Icon

Looks very neat, Pseron Wyrd! I'm sure there are several folks here who would be interested in it.

I'm watching this one: Fast Respawn 72 Hours . Seems like it makes everything that is supposed to respawn do so in 72 hours. Plants, critters, dungeons.

I play at the same time scale of 10 that I use in OB and three days is perfect for me. Buffy's such a voracious dungeon diver that 10 days is just way too slow. The dungeons in Skyrim are so pretty that we're rather addicted to clearing them. laugh.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Sep 18 2014, 06:11 PM
Post #29

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Pseron Wyrd @ Sep 17 2014, 07:23 PM) *

Here's a mod I just discovered. It's called Familiar Faces.

It allows you to bring old characters into your current game. "...meet your Dragonborn from past play-throughs, create a monument to their achievements, and even bring them to your world as faithful allies... or worthy opponents! Whether you're a role-player trying to build a coherent story of Skyrim or you just think it'd be cool to use your other players as followers, Familiar Faces is the only way to do it!"

The reason this mod interests me is that I've been doing this for almost 12 years but I've always had to do it manually in the Construction Set. It looks like this mod offers an easier and more automated way of accomplishing the same thing. I will definitely be trying this out the next time I play Skyrim.

Thanks for that info! I haven't yet played Skyrim with a different character, but I may want to import Alise as an NPC into my next char's game. Too bad this mod isn't for Oblivion - I would totally put Julian and Tallei into each other's game!

QUOTE(Acadian @ Sep 17 2014, 08:52 PM) *

I'm watching this one: Fast Respawn 72 Hours . Seems like it makes everything that is supposed to respawn do so in 72 hours. Plants, critters, dungeons.

I play at the same time scale of 10 that I use in OB and three days is perfect for me. Buffy's such a voracious dungeon diver that 10 days is just way too slow. The dungeons in Skyrim are so pretty that we're rather addicted to clearing them. laugh.gif

I'm like you, Acadian, but I prefer a slightly longer respawn time - more like 5 in game days. I pace things so slowly because I play hardcore - my characters have to eat, drink and sleep daily. No marathon modes for them! So I guess I'll wait until I'm ready to figure out how to reset the respawn time in my game.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 19 2014, 01:29 AM
Post #30

Paladin
Group Icon

Rider, that mod I linked to has several optional files you can load for differing respawn times. I think there's about 5 options running from 72 hours up to about 360 hours I think. smile.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Pseron Wyrd
post Sep 19 2014, 01:44 PM
Post #31

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Sep 17 2014, 06:52 PM) *

Seems like it makes everything that is supposed to respawn do so in 72 hours. Plants, critters, dungeons.

A 72-hour respawn mod was one of the first Skyrim mods I used. The game works great this way, I like it. I'm just too used to 72-hour spawns in Morrowind and Oblivion. The longer times seem too long to me.

The only problem I had was with the main quest. There's am encampment of bandits right outside the entrance to Sky Haven Temple and it can be a serious PITA to have to clear them out every time you want to get inside.

There may be clever ways to avoid having to fight them, but I don't have the patience for cleverness, lol. I ended up disabling my respawn mod for the duration of the main quest.
+Quote Post
Grits
post Sep 19 2014, 02:07 PM
Post #32

Councilor
Group Icon

I noticed the various esps have different names, so I can easily use them with profiles to suit different characters. The Zanimal definitely wants the shortest one so he can raid his favorite spots more often. I think most of my characters will use the six day one. It looks pretty easy to change it to five days if it turns out that would suit better. This is a great find! Thank you!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 19 2014, 02:11 PM
Post #33

Paladin
Group Icon

Thanks for the endorsement, Pseron. I figure I'll start a new playthrough within a few weeks and tweak my mods to include that one. smile.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 19 2014, 03:49 PM
Post #34

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Pseron Wyrd @ Sep 19 2014, 08:44 AM) *

There may be clever ways to avoid having to fight them, but I don't have the patience for cleverness, lol. I ended up disabling my respawn mod for the duration of the main quest.

I disabled the main quest instead... wink.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Pseron Wyrd
post Sep 19 2014, 07:14 PM
Post #35

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Sep 19 2014, 07:49 AM) *

I disabled the main quest instead... wink.gif

Unlike yourself, I have no morals. Or the ability to think for myself, apparently. I slaughtered Dragons because Beth told me to. I rationalized this by telling myself that they attacked me first. What could I do? It was self-defense. I tried this argument on Alvor and he seemed to buy it. "That sounds reasonable," he said. But, then, Alvor doesn't strike me as being very bright.

Unfortunately [here comes my favorite Skyrim rant] Bethesda decided to tie the main quest into both the civil war and the Dragonborn expansion. This hideous game design decision meant that I was forced to begin the main quest two more times (triggering more Dragons) in order to experience those quest lines with other characters.

I hope they never do that again, ever. Ever. Ever.

This post has been edited by Pseron Wyrd: Sep 19 2014, 07:18 PM
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 19 2014, 09:24 PM
Post #36

Ancient
Group Icon

Those are dragons? I thought they were over-sized cliffracers! laugh.gif I got so tired of killing them in Morrowind, that I have no desire to do it again in another province.

I did stomach enough of the main quest to do the civil war from both sides. But never again. Honestly, the Civil War questlines were not very interesting. I do hope they don't interweave more major questlines into their main quests again, but I think that is only going to become more the case, not less. Bethesda seems to be becoming more and more like Obsidian in their desire to control the player's decisions, to the point of them becoming meaningless.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 29 2014, 01:33 PM
Post #37

Paladin
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Sep 17 2014, 06:52 PM) *

I'm watching this one: Fast Respawn 72 Hours .

An update. I've been using this mod for a couple days now and love it. In vanilla, dungeons that are marked as 'cleared' respawn in 30 days; everything else that is suppose to respawn does so in 10 days.

This mod has several files so you can install one that changes these values to something close to your liking. I'm using the file 'Fast Respawn 144'. It makes 'cleared' dungeons respawn in 6 days and everything else respawn in three days.

Buffy's a voracious dungeon diver and has a wide range. But 30 / 10 days was simply too long. As a result, we were getting bored after a few hundred hours, frustrated by empty dungeons and restarting her game. With this mod it pretty much ensures that by the time she returns to a dungeon it's reloaded with fresh victims. tongue.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Sep 30 2014, 12:57 AM
Post #38

Master
Group Icon

I also downloaded and added the Fast Respawn mod to my loadout.

I went with the 240 file, which respawns cleared cells in 10 days and all else in 5.

I was already in Falskaar when I added this mod, so I have yet to see its effects here. But I'm totally looking forward to our return to Skyrim! Alise is not quite the inveterate dungeon diver that Buffy is, but she really hates bandits, so she is vigilant about them . . .

Another mod I'm watching is Roman Camp. I'm looking at this and wondering, did the Roman legionnaries really build these things every night?? If so, I'm even more impressed!

This post has been edited by haute ecole rider: Sep 30 2014, 01:00 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Nov 1 2014, 08:32 PM
Post #39

Master
Group Icon

Thanks for the Fast Respawn mod, Acadian, I have yet to find the optimal respawn time for my game but I'll definitely use it.

For those interested in adding some more inns that are also each unique in its on way, here is Inns and Taverns of Skyrim. Then there are Sleeping innkeepers and Sleep tight mod, which give even bandits some basic schedules. And then there's also Simple Actions mod which not only allows you to sit anywhere but also to sleep anywhere, just as it was in Morrowind.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 1 2014, 10:03 PM
Post #40

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Nov 1 2014, 03:32 PM) *

Thanks for the Fast Respawn mod, Acadian, I have yet to find the optimal respawn time for my game but I'll definitely use it.

For those interested in adding some more inns that are also each unique in its on way, here is Inns and Taverns of Skyrim. Then there are Sleeping innkeepers and Sleep tight mod, which give even bandits some basic schedules. And then there's also Simple Actions mod which not only allows you to sit anywhere but also to sleep anywhere, just as it was in Morrowind.

Did anyone else watch the vid for "Sleep Tight?" I was in stitches! Especially at the end when the credits were rolling and he started dancing! SPEW! That lady beating on him as he danced ... OMG, that was hilarious!!!

That mod "Simple Actions" sounds great!!! I def want that one! Thanks, Lopov!

--------------------
+Quote Post

18 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 11:02 AM