18 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> That Mod Looks Interesting, Trying To Keep Up With New Mods
Acadian
post Nov 1 2014, 10:17 PM
Post #41

Paladin
Group Icon

Thanks for the endorsement of Simple Actions, Lopov. I've been tracking that one for some time but haven't downloaded or installed it. smile.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Nov 1 2014, 10:38 PM
Post #42

Master
Group Icon

You're both welcome. The only issue (minor, at least for me) is that when waking up, your character will have eyes closed but reloading fixes it. Apparently this wasn't always the issue but it happened with the official update that disabled blinking, for instance, my character in Skyrim didn't blink at first but I fixed it with this mod.

This post has been edited by Lopov: Nov 1 2014, 10:41 PM

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Nov 2 2014, 12:06 AM
Post #43

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Sep 15 2014, 10:25 PM) *

Weren’t we just talking about how silly it is that NPCs don’t seem to notice the glowing eyes and butt faces of NPC vampires? Here’s a mod for that: Humanoid Vampires - Vampires use normal faces and Serana’s eyes variant.

Have you had a chance to use Humanoid Vampires? I have been using it, but the vampire in the Solitude Court still looks the same. Did they just overlook her? Or is it just an issue with my game?

I did notice that Alva in Morthal looks normal. I haven't thought to look at the other vampires Persephone has killed lately. She has been too busy chopping with her sword to really study them. I think I'll take her back to Movarth's Lair for another look.

Just took a look. Movarth not only still has the butt-face, but his whole head has turned grey! However, the generic Ancient Vampire also there looks like a normal human. I opened up the mod, and see it only changes the vampire race entries. Alva is officially a Nord Female race, like Serana, so that's why she looks normal. Sybille Stentor is a BretonVampireRace, which the mod alters, but still shows up with the butt-face? I have no idea why. I moved the mod to the bottom of the load order, so it is taking precedence over anything else I have that might be conflicting. I think this is going into the recycle bin.

QUOTE(Lopov @ Nov 1 2014, 03:32 PM) *

Thanks for the Fast Respawn mod, Acadian, I have yet to find the optimal respawn time for my game but I'll definitely use it.

For those interested in adding some more inns that are also each unique in its on way, here is Inns and Taverns of Skyrim. Then there are Sleeping innkeepers and Sleep tight mod, which give even bandits some basic schedules. And then there's also Simple Actions mod which not only allows you to sit anywhere but also to sleep anywhere, just as it was in Morrowind.
Thanks for the link on Simple Actions. I have downloaded that and added it. Even though it might be a while before I play a character that sleeps (Persephone is undead, so she has not eaten or slept in four thousand years).

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Nov 2 2014, 12:25 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Nov 2 2014, 12:33 AM
Post #44

Ancient
Group Icon

Enhanced Character Edit looks interesting. This preset character face led me to it, and it seems to do a great deal more than Race Menu (which never really impressed me). It says you can even save the face you make, and has an Undo/Redo system. Has anyone ever tried it?

Edit: I installed it, wow, there are tons of options. After starting the game and trying it out, I recall I had tried it once before and not bothered to keep it. But I can see a whole lot of new options now, which I like. You can do things like change eye size and width, brow arching, the size of your mouth, the size of just the upper lip, or the lower, etc... You can even change your character's height, how big your head is, scale the size of your weapon up and down, and so on. It has multiple levels of zooming in, and lighting of various levels it can spawn for you to see your character better.

It even has a really nice option to completely change your skin hue, saturation, and lightness. Same with your lips, so now we can have any lipstick color we want! The inability to do that in vanilla Skyrim is one of the reasons I made my Deadwalker Race for Persephone, with new textures. Thanks to this, we can see what she would look like if she were alive, without me having to tinker around with changing her race.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Nov 2 2014, 03:34 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 2 2014, 07:43 PM
Post #45

Paladin
Group Icon

SubRosa, that's good to know. I'm using Race Menu, but I'll have to keep my eye on that one you're using. One thing I do like about Race Menu is that I can change size/shape/angle of elf ears. That really helps vs hair clipping since almost all hair mods are designed for round ears.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Nov 2 2014, 07:55 PM
Post #46

Ancient
Group Icon

You can do the same with the ears with ECE. In fact, you can give your human elf ears if you want, of several different varieties.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 2 2014, 07:57 PM
Post #47

Paladin
Group Icon

Oh, thanks for letting me know that! When I quickly glanced at ECE, I didn't see any ear tweaks. Thanks again!

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Grits
post Nov 2 2014, 08:03 PM
Post #48

Councilor
Group Icon

Fast Respawn is still working great for me. It is very easy to adjust the settings so that they’re just right. Great recommendation! smile.gif

I still haven’t tried that Humanoid Vampires mod yet. Sybille Stentor being overlooked would be a big issue for me. The whole point is that my mortal characters should not recognize the vampires who are passing for human, like Alva and Sybille. wacko.gif I’ll try it out with Zanimal’s game, since he has access to Castle Volkihar.

Oh! Also I found a Male Brute voice set that someone made for Nanahane’s Additional Voice Sets. It’s Set 2 in this mod whose exact name I can never remember. That’s Jerric’s voice, so I gave it a whirl. It is awesome!

He and Darnand were heading out the Whiterun gate around six in the evening. I was debating where they would want to stop for the night. Out of the blue Jerric said, “By the Nine I’d give good money for a pint of ale to warm my bones.” (He “discovered” Breezehome by walking past it due to a new mod with a map marker.) Needless to say they went back to the Bannered Mare! laugh.gif

Of course I'm still using CFS's Player Voicesets mod with Wulfy's voice for the Zanimal. That voice makes the character!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Nov 3 2014, 01:42 AM
Post #49

Councilor
Group Icon

OK, I just tried the Humanoid Vampire face mod and Sybille looks the same in my games without it, I'm assuming because I'm using a better fangs and non-glowing eyes mod that I think replaces the vampire characters' individual heads. The Volkihar vampires looked the same in Zanimal's game without it. So if for some reason I don't want to use that one I'll check out Humanoid Vampires again, but it seems I'm covered without it.

The fang mod would be a major pain to remove, so I didn't check without it. I've been having issues lately. wacko.gif

I actually don't mind the bat faces on the Volkihar clan. They wouldn't have any reason to conceal their nature while they're at the castle.

Edit: D'oh! Humanoid Vampires affects the player as well as some NPCs. I've already tweaked Z's vampire face myself, but that must have been what I was thinking about when I looked at that mod. The vampire player. *sighs*

This post has been edited by Grits: Nov 3 2014, 01:46 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 3 2014, 02:25 AM
Post #50

Paladin
Group Icon

Lopov, I went ahead and installed Simple Actions and am very happy with it. Simple and effective. Mostly I simply want the ability for Buffy to sit wherever she wants, and this does it! Thanks! goodjob.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 3 2014, 03:33 AM
Post #51

Paladin
Group Icon

Just came across a new mod on Nexus that screamed 'Jerric needs this!' Maybe Buffy too. Anyway, the mod is called Mule in Skyrim and adds a pack mule companion. Like anything new, I'll track it for a time before considering installing. Sure looks fun though. smile.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Grits
post Nov 3 2014, 04:05 AM
Post #52

Councilor
Group Icon

I love it! Poor Flash was wearing a Traveler pack saddle at first (Convenient Horses) but then he looked too burdened and Jerric wouldn't ride him! laugh.gif A mule follower would be just right. Tracking for now (and making sure the mule won't oust Ulfe from her spot in the caravan). Thanks for spotting this!

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Nov 3 2014, 04:50 AM
Post #53

Ancient
Group Icon

I found my old vampire face fixer mod. It was one I made myself. It is very simple really. All you have to do is go to your Data\Textures\Actors\Female folder. Find femalehead.dds and femalehead_msn.dds. Copy each, paste the copies in the same folder, and rename them femaleheadvampire.dds and femaleheadvampire_msn.dds.

Viola! your female vampires look the same as your regular wimmins. Do the same to the two male head texture files to fix the boy fangs.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Nov 17 2014, 03:03 PM
Post #54

Councilor
Group Icon

Here’s a new mod that made me think of ghastley’s Clarisse: Serenity – player house ship. It docks in Windhelm, Solitude, and Dawnstar like Captain Zanimal’s ship (Northern Cardinal mod), but this one is a whole lot prettier.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 17 2014, 03:31 PM
Post #55

Paladin
Group Icon

Grits, I'm tracking that ship mod as well. Just need to figure out how to get it to also dock in Anvil! biggrin.gif

Seriously, there's some province-hopping RP possibilities there methinks.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Grits
post Nov 17 2014, 04:21 PM
Post #56

Councilor
Group Icon

Acadian, that’s a great idea! We pretended that Darnand and Jerric returned to Cyrodiil via ship this time, but it didn’t occur to me to have them actually board one of Skyrim’s ships. Fun! biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 17 2014, 04:33 PM
Post #57

Paladin
Group Icon

Hey, a guy who can open the door of his IC Waterfront shack and, through the magic of fast travel, step out onto the beach of Anvil can surely manage this one! I still remember that as the most creative use of fast travel I've heard. tongue.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 17 2014, 04:49 PM
Post #58

Ancient
Group Icon

All of Elianora's player house mods are awesome, but I haven't been able to use any till this one - they have all required the DLC's, that I don't have. I DL'd it immediately when I saw it didn't require DLC. She has a flair for making a gorgeous player home. The fact that it moves the player around too is a real plus!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 18 2014, 03:15 AM
Post #59

Paladin
Group Icon

Thanks, mALX, for that endorsement of the Serenity ship's modder - that's good to know!

SubRosa mentioned in post #44 above that Enhanced Character Edit was a viable alternative to Race Menu which I have been using. Well, I dumped Race Menu and went to ECE and have been using ECE for a day or so doing quite a few little things with it. I'm happy to report that I've had no problems at all with ECE and prefer it to Race Menu in several small ways.

SubRosa comes through once again! smile.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 18 2014, 03:34 AM
Post #60

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Nov 17 2014, 09:15 PM) *

Thanks, mALX, for that endorsement of the Serenity ship's modder - that's good to know!

SubRosa mentioned in post #44 above that Enhanced Character Edit was a viable alternative to Race Menu which I have been using. Well, I dumped Race Menu and went to ECE and have been using ECE for a day or so doing quite a few little things with it. I'm happy to report that I've had no problems at all with ECE and prefer it to Race Menu in several small ways.

SubRosa comes through once again! smile.gif

I'll have to try it, that Race Menu one is flighty.

--------------------
+Quote Post

18 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 05:02 AM