9 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Skyrim CK Experimenting, Post Your CK Fun Here:
mALX
post Oct 6 2014, 07:31 PM
Post #1

Ancient
Group Icon

The CK was not in existence the last time I played Skyrim, so this is my very first attempt at doing anything in the CK. It is a little clunky for me - not used to the havoc being so...active. Having trouble finding my way around the lists - new items on there I have NO idea what they are!

So anyway, here is my first attempt at modding in Skyrim, why not post yours here too? (or any of the construction sets).

Even the mistakes can be fun, I remember in Oblivion having my ONE (essential) Todd Howard multiply to 12, and they were wreaking havoc and couldn't be stopped.

Another was making the Unicorn follow the Player if they were carrying apples - and the Unicorn began following Maxical into houses, buildings - castles. The castle guards in Skingrad did not take kindly to a Daedric beast popping in on them (and Maxical was trying to sneak in for the TG quest).

Then there was the Weynon Village fiasco, when (also essential) Scrappy the Banty Rooster went nuts and started killing all the other barnyard animals - and then killed ME!

Anyway, here is my first Skyrim attempt. So far the havoc is killing me in this mod:

This is a tavern - my favorite thing to make:

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq67/Ma...zpsf3de2fe4.jpg

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq67/Ma...zps20214084.jpg

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq67/Ma...zps1f13fcd2.jpg

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq67/Ma...zps68c81a4a.jpg

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq67/Ma...zpse8c69a56.jpg

The Basement:

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq67/Ma...zps7351fd76.jpg

The Alchemy Garden:

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq67/Ma...zps2685f022.jpg

Here is the grounds and stable area - the garden was added after these were taken, it sits on top of the stables:

The Grounds:

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq67/Ma...zps1e7ae4dd.jpg

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq67/Ma...zps3e76da77.jpg

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq67/Ma...zps539bb3fa.jpg

A full Smithy, Wood-Chopping, and mining on the grounds:

http://s434.photobucket.com/user/Maxical1/...a3b033.jpg.html

At night:

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq67/Ma...zps0c5c460a.jpg

The Stables water in the trough, and I didnt have to make it! Lol.

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq67/Ma...zps90f4e8db.jpg

Everything in this mod is vanilla, I used only basic meshes through the whole mod, actually. I just had to really dig to find stuff to make the place the way I like it.

This post has been edited by mALX: Oct 12 2014, 12:33 AM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Grits
post Oct 6 2014, 07:45 PM
Post #2

Councilor
Group Icon

Looking good! I like the stash of scrolls on top of the shelf, and the spiced wine with pie. Is that Skyrim Maxical in the Forsworn gear?

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 6 2014, 07:54 PM
Post #3

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Oct 6 2014, 02:45 PM) *

Looking good! I like the stash of scrolls on top of the shelf, and the spiced wine with pie. Is that Skyrim Maxical in the Forsworn gear?

Yep! I was really surprised to find my old saves still on there, because Steam made me reinstall Skyrim for some reason.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Destri Melarg
post Oct 6 2014, 08:03 PM
Post #4

Mouth
Group Icon

What a warm and inviting tavern! Is this the new Lucky Mudcrab? Or maybe its the Friendly Cave Bear!

Come right in folks, warm yourself near the hearth where our giant elk, Arrow-stopper, who zigged when he should have zagged will watch over you if you happen to fall asleep. Find ease and break your fast with our savory vegetable soup... a house speciality. Wash it down with a tankard of ale that is kept cold year round by the snowdrifts outside that make our hearth such a welcoming sight. You can also sample the wifes award-winning apple pie, if you decide to rest yourself at the table under the stairs. Plan to stay for awhile? We have spacious accomodations upstairs where a simple tug on the wall or a pull from the floor will provide a warm bearskin as an extra blanket.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Oct 6 2014, 08:10 PM
Post #5

Ancient
Group Icon

It is looking good! What did you use for the lighting template? I think the default Farm Interior lighting that most things use is a bit too dim for my less than young eyes. Your lighting is brighter, and a lot easier for me to see things than in the vanilla game.

I have done a few player homes for Skyrim. Most recent was my future Persepone (Persephemom) house in Winterhold. I made it to so I could play her two kids - Sofie and Lucia - all grown up a decade in the future from the vanilla game.

The exterior, with Sofie in front

A view from one of the corners of the front wall.

A view from the back of the house, looking toward the front

Sofie reading in the office area

The desk

Lucia reading up on Riften and the Theives Guild

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Of Beasts
post Oct 6 2014, 08:22 PM
Post #6

Ancient
Group Icon

This turned out really nice!

--------------------
Bruh ☠️
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 6 2014, 10:06 PM
Post #7

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Destri Melarg @ Oct 6 2014, 03:03 PM) *

*snip*

BWAAAHAAA!!!!! ROFL !!! And THAT is Cabbage and Potato soup, I'll have you know! Nothing but the finest fare here!!! rollinglaugh.gif

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Oct 6 2014, 03:10 PM) *

It is looking good! What did you use for the lighting template? I think the default Farm Interior lighting that most things use is a bit too dim for my less than young eyes. Your lighting is brighter, and a lot easier for me to see things than in the vanilla game.

I have done a few player homes for Skyrim. Most recent was my future Persepone (Persephemom) house in Winterhold. I made it to so I could play her two kids - Sofie and Lucia - all grown up a decade in the future from the vanilla game.

A view from one of the corners of the front wall.

This house is amazing!!! It is gorgeous!! I just pulled out that one screen as an example, but loved all these! Sophy is beautiful, I am dying to know what beauty mods you are using. I will probably end up bringing Misa to Skyrim if I end up liking modding there - got to have a good face lined up for her before I do!

(That is how I did it in Morrowind; loaded her face and body up before I ever turned on the game the first time).

That lighting - like you, I was feeling around in the dark from all the templates except the Sov's - and they were too bright and washed out the scene entirely.

Another thing I noticed on the templates was that they are adding in fog - in the interior!

So, what I did was to post the best template I could find, get all the directionals up - then turned it off so I could edit the stats. I removed all the fog, then upped the ambient lighting till I was comfortable with the result.

The unfortunate pink glow is because I always make my own lighting in the Oblivion CS, and use a bit of a "Rose Window" tint - just a bit higher on the red than the "deep red" (and just a tad lower on the blue and green). I didn't have my numbers with me in the Skyrim CK, couldn't remember them anymore (curse that stroke, I can't remember crap anymore) - so either my guess was WAY off, or the Skyrim CK is set up too differently and I'll need to experiment with it till I get it right. Either way, that redness will be toned down by my next shots, lol.

In Oblivion I always set up the Ambient through editing the interior cell - then I add my own "Interior light Rose Window 900 (or 1024 in a bigger interior cell)" several feet ABOVE the roofline so it just kind of adds a slight tinge of light with just a hint of rose to it throughout the entire building.

I most def need to redo it in this mod, or throw a few prostitutes upstairs and call it a "Red light district." laugh.gif

@ Thanks so much, Kobby !!

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Oct 7 2014, 12:54 AM
Post #8

Ancient
Group Icon

Like you I also started with one of the lighting templates and started brightening things up from there. That interior fog drove me nuts too! It took me forever to figure out how to get rid of it.

What a neat idea with putting the extra red light above the building! I never would have thought of that.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 7 2014, 02:48 AM
Post #9

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Oct 6 2014, 07:54 PM) *

Like you I also started with one of the lighting templates and started brightening things up from there. That interior fog drove me nuts too! It took me forever to figure out how to get rid of it.

What a neat idea with putting the extra red light above the building! I never would have thought of that.

A little too red in those screens, lol. I went in the CK and toned it way down, will have to take some more screens to see how it looks now.

The red is softer than the orange, less glare - a really nice tinge if not overdone like I did above.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 7 2014, 04:09 PM
Post #10

Ancient
Group Icon

I didn't realize this was in the wrong section, can a mod move it? Don't know how to report my own thread, so I'll report this comment, ROFL !!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
stargelman
post Oct 7 2014, 04:14 PM
Post #11

Senor Snore
Group Icon

Done.

--------------------
Being good means getting better.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 7 2014, 04:18 PM
Post #12

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(stargelman @ Oct 7 2014, 11:14 AM) *

Done.

Thanks Starge!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Oct 10 2014, 06:21 PM
Post #13

Councilor
Group Icon

So thanks to the excellent guidance at the TESA Creation Kit classes Im making a player home in Rorikstead for (hopefully) Valdi. biggrin.gif Im making it as a cottage that Erik the Slayer built between adventures, so Im sticking with the rough-looking common furniture that a non-carpenter farm boy might be able to make. Ive had a great time furnishing and cluttering my class project (South Shore Trader for my retired orc warrior Big D to live in with his lovely wife Sylgja and their kids), but Erik is no decorator. Im leaving all of the shelves and surfaces bare so that when Valdi gets there it looks like he has been waiting for her.

Of course he is a strapping young Nord, so he did want to start off with a decently stocked and functioning kitchen. (I found the mead barrels right after I took that shot!)

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Oct 10 2014, 06:31 PM
Post #14

Ancient
Group Icon

The kitchen looks great! I never would have thought of the hanging pots and pans, that is a really neat touch.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Oct 10 2014, 07:13 PM
Post #15

Paladin
Group Icon

Grits, I agree with SubRosa on the hanging pots, mugs and ingredients - nice touch. Yum. . . cabbage soup. . . kvright.gif laugh.gif

Hopefully the cabin will do its job and attract Valdi Sweet Mink. tongue.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Grits
post Oct 10 2014, 07:37 PM
Post #16

Councilor
Group Icon

Thanks, SubRosa! Dont Havok Settle plus me not knowing what things are supposed to be for might make for some funny constructions. I think those metal poles are part of big cooking spits, maybe? In Big Ds shop I have to restrain myself from sticking all kinds of junk to the walls. Im not convinced that the stuff will really stay there.

Thanks, Acadian! Theres going to be a Meat Chest outside, lol. Locked of course since there are wolves right up the hill. Rabbit food is in the kitchen. tongue.gif I made the mugs bigger than the vanilla tankards for our Nords. Jerric calls the regular tankards spit cups.

Erik has a fire pit area planned outside, but I havent learned enough about exteriors yet. Its funny to furnish a small house for a large Nord. Everything gets pushed against the walls or chucked out onto the porch (cut for now and revisited later). Its how Jerric would arrange the furniture.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Oct 11 2014, 01:17 AM
Post #17

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Oct 6 2014, 05:06 PM) *

This house is amazing!!! It is gorgeous!! I just pulled out that one screen as an example, but loved all these! Sophy is beautiful, I am dying to know what beauty mods you are using. I will probably end up bringing Misa to Skyrim if I end up liking modding there - got to have a good face lined up for her before I do!

D'oh! I completely forgot to answer this. I have been through a long line of body and face mods. Here is a good place to go to get lots of links on them. Now let me start up TES Mod Manager to double check what I am currently using...

The main ones are, in this order:

Dimnonized UNP Base Body (not work or kid safe!)
Seamless UNP and Coverwomen #4
Sub Surface Full Body Map for Coverwomen and UNP UNPB bodies
Fitness Body (Lesser Abs)
Women of Skyrim Beta HD Normal Maps (old 2048 x 2048 version - femalehead_msn.dds for all races)

In no particular order I also have these:
Ponytail Hairstyles
AOF Believable Hair
Apachii Sky hairs v1.5 Full + Apachii Sky hairs Female
To use Apachii you also need SKSE and Show Race Menu Precache Killer, otherwise you will get CTDs because of the sheer number of new hairs
I also use Apachii SkyHair Wigs. It only has some of the Apachii hairs, but it adds them as wigs (basically helmets). That makes them handy to use with custom races.
Face Light
Natural Eyes
Mystic Eyes
Numenume Female Brows
Eyebrows Match Hair

*phew*, that's a lot!

Who is Misa? I don't remember her name.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Oct 11 2014, 01:19 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 11 2014, 07:29 PM
Post #18

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Oct 10 2014, 08:17 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Oct 6 2014, 05:06 PM) *

D'oh! I completely forgot to answer this. I have been through a long line of body and face mods. Here is a good place to go to get lots of links on them. Now let me start up TES Mod Manager to double check what I am currently using...

The main ones are, in this order:

Dimnonized UNP Base Body (not work or kid safe!)
Seamless UNP and Coverwomen #4
Sub Surface Full Body Map for Coverwomen and UNP UNPB bodies
Fitness Body (Lesser Abs)
Women of Skyrim Beta HD Normal Maps (old 2048 x 2048 version - femalehead_msn.dds for all races)

In no particular order I also have these:
Ponytail Hairstyles
AOF Believable Hair
Apachii Sky hairs v1.5 Full + Apachii Sky hairs Female
To use Apachii you also need SKSE and Show Race Menu Precache Killer, otherwise you will get CTDs because of the sheer number of new hairs
I also use Apachii SkyHair Wigs. It only has some of the Apachii hairs, but it adds them as wigs (basically helmets). That makes them handy to use with custom races.
Face Light
Natural Eyes
Mystic Eyes
Numenume Female Brows
Eyebrows Match Hair

*phew*, that's a lot!

Who is Misa? I don't remember her name.

Misa is my girl in Morrowind (formerly my son's Dunmer male). I currently have a Skyrim version of Maxical in Foresworn armor playing, but - seriously thinking about bringing Misa to Skyrim now that they have such great beauty mods out there.

I wanted to ask you - did you ever try Bela (Bella?) for the faces? I was wondering if anyone had tried both Bella and CoverWomen and which they settled on and why - kind of research before installing either one. That "Women of Skyrim" did an awesome job, what a great enhancement to any face texture pack!

I haven't finished going down the list yet - but will. Before I make a human in Skyrim, HAVE to make sure she isn't f'ugly or b'ugly, lol.

Also wanted to add these screens, it is the same place that started this thread, just been fixing it up a bit because I wasn't happy with the way it looked:

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq67/Ma...zpsf3de2fe4.jpg

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq67/Ma...zpse8c69a56.jpg

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq67/Ma...zps20214084.jpg

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq67/Ma...zps1f13fcd2.jpg

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq67/Ma...zps68c81a4a.jpg

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Oct 11 2014, 08:18 PM
Post #19

Ancient
Group Icon

Oh, that Misa! I forgot her name is all. You should definitely import her into Skyrim, and Oblivion for that matter!

I think Bella's mod was the first one I used to fix the blocky faces, back when I first started playing. But I didn't like the extra makeup it added to all my character's faces. They are not all meant to be glamor girls wearing blush all the time. So I stopped using it, and started looking at other mods.

Wow, those pics at the end look amazing! That table with all the bottles and stuff on it is fantastic. That must have taken forever to place it all.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Oct 11 2014, 08:50 PM
Post #20

Councilor
Group Icon

That looks fabulous, mALX! I love how you wrapped the cupboards around a corner. The place mats are a genius idea. That table looks gorgeous!

--------------------
+Quote Post

9 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 06:48 AM