9 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Skyrim CK Experimenting, Post Your CK Fun Here:
SubRosa
post Oct 15 2014, 12:15 AM
Post #41

Ancient
Group Icon

To be honest, I have yet to be able to see my character's face in Skyrim when they speak. If you use tfc to look at your face, you cannot do the things that trigger events, like drawing your weapon. If you are not using tfc, and just spin the camera around to see your face, as soon as you do something the camera snaps back to behind you, hiding your face.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Oct 15 2014, 12:15 AM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Grits
post Oct 15 2014, 12:20 AM
Post #42

Councilor
Group Icon

Here's a very brief discussion about trouble generating lip files: link. I haven't gotten to this issue yet, but at least I'll be able to find the link now when I do. laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 15 2014, 12:53 AM
Post #43

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Oct 14 2014, 07:15 PM) *

To be honest, I have yet to be able to see my character's face in Skyrim when they speak. If you use tfc to look at your face, you cannot do the things that trigger events, like drawing your weapon. If you are not using tfc, and just spin the camera around to see your face, as soon as you do something the camera snaps back to behind you, hiding your face.

Well, that would certainly be a pisser if I went through a bunch of trouble to get lip files working and then never got to see them in action, lol. BruceVayne's had one that triggered in "Wait," and KC videotaped Aravi getting ticked off at being made to wait too long - It was AWESOME to see one of our characters actually speaking. Even knowing in all those vids that we rarely if ever saw it again - whenever I heard her speak, I knew her lips were moving. It was very cool.

It should actually be really easier (relatively speaking) to add more triggers to the "Additional Voice" mod, anyway; since they are "Play Sound" files - I may have a better shot at trying to change that script than the other if I could do either. I guess I'll have to see how I do in the scripting class over at TESAlliance.

I was really pretty shocked at how locked down their AI packages are, they have kind of severed the ability to do anything with them as far as I can see. I guess I'll find that out in the classes too, urk.

Really feel like for a modder - Oblivion was the game to play in. I guess I'll see how flexible this new graphics program is, but so far - not liking it.

QUOTE(Grits @ Oct 14 2014, 07:20 PM) *

Here's a very brief discussion about trouble generating lip files: link. I haven't gotten to this issue yet, but at least I'll be able to find the link now when I do. laugh.gif

Ooh, great link! Thanks, I favorited it!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 15 2014, 04:51 AM
Post #44

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Oct 14 2014, 05:34 PM) *

I am sorry. I have no idea how to take that script and add more triggers to it. Like I said, Skyrim's scripting makes no sense to me at all. I am not making a voice mod of my own. I have just been using Additional Player Voices and adding voice sets to it, using the .wav files from the Baldur's Gate games, and BruceVayne's Oblivion mods. All I am really doing is copying files and renaming them to fit the format for APV.

I'm not hinting anymore (promise), and was mostly teasing when I was hinting anyway - but came across this and wondered if you would be interested in reading it:

Papyrus for Beginners

Of course, this article was written for beginners to modding and scripting both; (so keep that in mind if it sounds ridiculously too dumbed down) - it is. But it might be a good way to familiarize yourself with their scripting enough where it doesn't seem like Greek anymore...more like Roman.

This post has been edited by mALX: Oct 15 2014, 05:09 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 15 2014, 03:47 PM
Post #45

Ancient
Group Icon

I started looking at the above noob lesson last night - from what I've seen so far, they have just changed the wording and place where you install your scripts:

You no longer add your scripts directly into the Editor like you did in the CS's; you put them in a folder in the Data file and the CK accesses them. Why was it done that way? IDK. To make it more BS'y, probably.

But the wording difference:

From what I've seen, it is just little changes like this:

CS Scripting:

endif
End

CK "Papyrus" :

EndFunction

or

EndEvent (etc.)

The difference is that in Oblivion and Morrowind, every If-Then-So script was ended with "endif" and any other functions in the script were covered by the "End" at the bottom - stopping the whole string regardless how many functions the script used.

In Skyrim, the scripts are divided up by What They Do; (four global functions) and you have to end each segment by name of its actual function.

Another difference is that Global functions aren't specific to the mod they are in anymore (hence them being in the Data folder) - if it is in that Data folder it is globally accessible for any mod you are making (just make sure to package it with your mod)

I guess that kind of takes away from the "you can't use my stuff without my permission" from mods as far as scripting is concerned.

But that also makes tools like SKSE more valuable than they already were; because don't they come with plenty of built in additional functions? The OBSE did.

Anyway, so far it is a little less daunting than it seemed before seeing that article. That article was dumbed down even lower than my brain needed, so it is a bit irritatingly slow - but rather than reading it, I scanned over the baby steps and just picked up the real meat of the differences. Still at it, of course - had to sleep sometime.

** Also, I noticed they are using the same example script that they used for the Morrowind CS, the Oblivion CS - so pulling the Oblivion script and using it for comparison makes it easy to pick up on the language changes in this new engine.

This post has been edited by mALX: Oct 15 2014, 04:59 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Oct 15 2014, 05:13 PM
Post #46

Councilor
Group Icon

The most significant change is that in Skyrim, scripts aren't running all the time. They need an event to wake them up and do something. Once you know what can trigger a piece of code to run, it all falls into place.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 15 2014, 05:30 PM
Post #47

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Oct 15 2014, 12:13 PM) *

The most significant change is that in Skyrim, scripts aren't running all the time. They need an event to wake them up and do something. Once you know what can trigger a piece of code to run, it all falls into place.

That should make adding triggers to the voice mods easier, then ... right?

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 15 2014, 07:03 PM
Post #48

Ancient
Group Icon

It is easier for me to learn by first seeing what is different - kind of puts the Papyrus into perspective: instead of it being such a huge chunk of everything new and strange - takes it down into bite size pieces that I do recognize, so much less new to learn.

Anyway, in that light I found this page a big help (for me at least):

http://www.creationkit.com/Differences_fro...vious_Scripting

This post has been edited by mALX: Oct 15 2014, 07:03 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 22 2014, 06:33 AM
Post #49

Ancient
Group Icon

I'm having an issue with Misa's re-install, urk. When I First installed her she looked perfect - everywhere, but her skin showed an odd pattern every now and then, and her facial textures weren't as good as the images on Nexus - Here is a screen of her then, this is before I followed the load order to a T and overwrote everything:

Misa before following correct load/overwrite order:

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq67/Ma...zpsfac65047.png

Deleted all mods and this time loaded them up correctly and overwrote - huh? Holy Cow, I didn't order those! Hey wait, she has some missing ... attributes! (I took off her clothes and checked, her nippies are gone! Maybe that could be explained by those giant boobs that she didn't have in the "before" screens - but her "other parts" have disappeared as well! GAAAAAH! How will she use the bathroom?

Here is the screen of after I reinstalled the mods correctly/overwrote files:

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq67/Ma...zps0134d2a5.png

And - is it me? I think her face looks more vanilla now! To me she was much prettier before, (although the textures really are much better now).

How do I get her toot-toot and nippies back? I don't even know which mod stole them! sad.gif

This post has been edited by mALX: Oct 22 2014, 06:05 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Oct 22 2014, 06:31 PM
Post #50

Councilor
Group Icon

Is it possible that you’re missing your femalebody_1.dds file? If memory serves (and it probably doesn’t, lol) when I installed UNP I had to choose a hair style for the lady parts (serious bush, trimmed, waxed and polished, landing strip, etc.) and then rename the file. That file goes in Skyrim\Data\Textures\Actors\Character\Female. Just something to check.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 22 2014, 07:25 PM
Post #51

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Oct 22 2014, 01:31 PM) *

Is it possible that you’re missing your femalebody_1.dds file? If memory serves (and it probably doesn’t, lol) when I installed UNP I had to choose a hair style for the lady parts (serious bush, trimmed, waxed and polished, landing strip, etc.) and then rename the file. That file goes in Skyrim\Data\Textures\Actors\Character\Female. Just something to check.

I did that too, and it worked perfectly on the first install! She looked just beautiful nude - and seamless! But in certain lights her skin would show an odd pattern appearing, which is why I thought I'd probably done something wrong by not overwriting some files. Urk.

I'll go check my texture/actor/female file again, see if maybe it got shuffled out in the processes. sad.gif

Thanks, Grits

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Oct 22 2014, 07:35 PM
Post #52

Councilor
Group Icon

Another thing, did the odd pattern look like the “Before” pictures in this mod (No More Ugly Bronze Shine)? If so it was an easy fix but complicated to read the whole mod description. wacko.gif

I hope this helps Misa get her nips back!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 22 2014, 10:01 PM
Post #53

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Oct 22 2014, 02:35 PM) *

Another thing, did the odd pattern look like the “Before” pictures in this mod (No More Ugly Bronze Shine)? If so it was an easy fix but complicated to read the whole mod description. wacko.gif

I hope this helps Misa get her nips back!

YEAH! She got her nips a
& TooToo back!!! And her boobs have shrunk back down to her normal size too!!!

It was the Beta WOS, the first time I installed I'd used the "Main" file, but this time I was following instructions and went with the exact steps. Well, SR's girl uses the skinny body, but I had used the regular body - and didn't delete the "Diamonized UNP" with all the other files.

So the new files added back in and overwriting added the skinny girl's Tootoo onto a regular girl's body, leaving a big hole there between her skin and hairs.

The giant boobs - I had her weight set on the higher end because she's a Nord - but with the skinny body meshes the only place that grew was her breasts - they were gynormous! So now that is fixed, and with the smaller boobs her nippies popped back out - in fact, they are actually a little more pronounced now (although that could be from standing outside in Skyrim naked, lol!

The only dif is that her face remains blocky and vanilla looking. I took some screens after putting her clothes back on, I'll post them as soon as they upload.

Thanks for your help!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Oct 22 2014, 10:23 PM
Post #54

Paladin
Group Icon

Whew! Glad Misa got her gurl-bits back! tongue.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 22 2014, 11:04 PM
Post #55

Ancient
Group Icon

Me too! Here is a pictorial of her journey to reclaim her body parts;

Original install This is with Covergirl #1:

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq67/Ma...zpsfac65047.png

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq67/Ma...zpsdc9709d1.png

Latest Fix, this is with Covergirl #3:

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq67/Ma...zps562e87c6.png

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq67/Ma...zpsaa1e1d55.png

Giant boobs with no body parts (Covergirl #3):

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq67/Ma...zps91077bff.png

Is it me? Or does she look better in dark lighting? rollinglaugh.gif

This post has been edited by mALX: Oct 22 2014, 11:39 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 23 2014, 09:55 AM
Post #56

Ancient
Group Icon

Okay, this is what I'm talking about Misa getting odd patterns on her skin sometimes (like in certain lighting or something - she is still having it happen since all these changes, and it is worse in this screen than it ever was before:

Odd skin pattern examples:

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq67/Ma...zpsd2dcf365.png

Seems like the prettier she gets, the more other issues come with it, lol.

This post has been edited by mALX: Oct 23 2014, 09:56 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Oct 23 2014, 10:31 AM
Post #57

Councilor
Group Icon

Sorry, I've never seen that before. I hope you find the answer!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Oct 23 2014, 12:43 PM
Post #58

Paladin
Group Icon

^Whut she said.^ kvright.gif

I know it's not what you want, but those skin patterns do look kind of cool in their own way. I'll bet SubRosa could probably make a whole character based on that anomaly. wink.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Oct 23 2014, 02:39 PM
Post #59

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Oct 23 2014, 04:55 AM) *

It's not just her, the same effect is showing on the wall and vases behind her. There's a moire effect between two of the lights in the cell, and it just shows up more on skin because of sub-surface scattering.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 23 2014, 03:25 PM
Post #60

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Oct 23 2014, 09:39 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Oct 23 2014, 04:55 AM) *

It's not just her, the same effect is showing on the wall and vases behind her. There's a moire effect between two of the lights in the cell, and it just shows up more on skin because of sub-surface scattering.

WOO HOO!!! Then I can keep her skin ... YES! Because I finally got he looking good - and with all her attributes where they should be - it was really getting aggravating, every time I started the game up her toot was gone or her nipples - one time she had nipples, but they had no color - I was really just about to strip all the mods off and start from scratch again! Whew!

Thank you, Ghastley, because I didn't notice the pattern was anywhere but on her. Actually, that is the same place the other pattern showed up on her, but it was much less ... in your face.

Well, all that is left is to give her a voice! I'm working on that right now.

Thank you all - And a HUGE thanks to SubRosa - she is beautiful, I couldn't have done it without your help! Thank you!

Oh, and last night I gave her a makeover on a seperate save so I can go back to this look or keep the other - anyone want to throw out an opinion on which look they like best, both of the look's screens are up on the Skyrim Screens thread.

--------------------
+Quote Post

9 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 08:56 AM