Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Argonian Hearthfires, because I might do it again.
haute ecole rider
post Aug 16 2015, 07:03 PM
Post #41

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Aug 15 2015, 11:25 AM) *

Awesome, got it. Thank you!

I spit tea at “I’ve soiled the planters.” I won’t share that mental image! laugh.gif

No need to! I had the same thought too! blink.gif

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Grits
post Aug 17 2015, 03:44 AM
Post #42

Councilor
Group Icon

Jensa built 0.3 from scratch, and I love the additions. I want to do it over in the morning to check a couple of things in the forge room. The enchanting room turned out great! It’s hard to pick a favorite room. I’m also very fond of the kitchen.

Somehow I missed the Hist shrine (d'oh!), so I’ll look for it tomorrow.

Now that you pointed it out I’ve seen a bunch of little fish right outside the wet door, plus of course the slaughterfish welcoming committee. laugh.gif

The bookshelves worked much better when I put the smaller sized books on them. Nothing fell off anywhere. The way I get big books on that style shelf is to make the whole shelf bigger, hand-place the first set, and then copy for the rest of the shelves. What a pain. Last thing I’ll do is have Jensa Fus the bookshelves. tongue.gif

I’m starting to see Dar-Ma making the trek from Cyrodiil so she can live in Ilinalta Den. This is a marvelous dwelling! Thank you for sharing it!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Aug 21 2015, 01:14 AM
Post #43

Councilor
Group Icon

Fixed a few things, and it's looking better.

Version 0.4

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Grits
post Aug 22 2015, 05:06 PM
Post #44

Councilor
Group Icon

Dar-Ma’s 0.4 den came together perfectly. It’s beautiful! Dar-Ma had not built any other house yet and still had no trouble buying lumber. I did the surface and container respawn test and found only one naughty ectoplasm. Dar-Ma offers a reminder about putting storage in the forge and enchanting rooms. hehe.gif She is anxious to start her game and build Ilinalta Den for real!

The Hist shrine is a great touch! happy.gif Thank you for this, ghastley!

Should I try to move a family in yet?

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Aug 22 2015, 06:22 PM
Post #45

Councilor
Group Icon

The ectoplasm has a habit of falling through the shelf, so it probably did that and bounced back up on the cell reset.

I've added a couple of strongboxes on the Enchanter for soul gems, and a chest on a table in the same room.

I squeezed another chest into the forge area by moving the grindstone over a little.

So then I updated the cheat sheet with a list of what you have to do to add a new item, as that's a common task. tongue.gif

Note that having updated properties on the building quest for the new chests means that you need to start a new character to test the changes. The property arrays are baked into a save. But you asked for them, so ...

I should have an 0.5 later today.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Aug 22 2015, 06:57 PM
Post #46

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Aug 22 2015, 01:22 PM) *

The ectoplasm has a habit of falling through the shelf, so it probably did that and bounced back up on the cell reset.

That is a huge relief! I took a peek in the CK because that helps me learn, and I could see no reason whatsoever that the ectoplasm should respawn while everything else did not. My feeble confidence was shattered. Whew! laugh.gif

I’ll do 0.5 with a fresh Dar-Ma save copied over from her ‘real’ profile. Poor kid is still in Riverwood in her game.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Aug 22 2015, 07:47 PM
Post #47

Councilor
Group Icon

I'm not sure how it happened, but the ectoplasm was sitting below the shelf, so it would fall if you moved anything near it. I pulled it back up to the surface, so it should stay put now.

I'll re-roll Spreads-her-Thighs and have her run through before I package 0.5. I want to make sure everything opens in the right direction. I've had a few chests facing backwards before now.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 22 2015, 08:20 PM
Post #48

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Aug 22 2015, 02:47 PM) *

I'll re-roll Spreads-her-Thighs and have her run through...

BWAAHAA!!!! Great name !!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Aug 22 2015, 09:42 PM
Post #49

Councilor
Group Icon

Turns out I was missing a lot of the required markers for the HF Multi-kid setup. Most of that was because it needs outside things, and this home is not really set up for the kids to play outside. Especially if they're not Argonian and you haven't put in the "dry" door.

So Spreads gets rolled again! (It's all right, I think she enjoys it) biggrin.gif

Edit: Spreads found another issue - wrong model for the sconces. The ones on the wall are fine, but you're shown a goat horn one when you make them.

Version 0.5

with all the known things fixed. I rotated a few chests this time, I think they're all good now.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Aug 22 2015, 11:12 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Aug 24 2015, 10:29 PM
Post #50

Councilor
Group Icon

Dar-Ma’s 0.5 den looks great! Thank you for the new storage. I missed the backwards chests and goat horn thing. embarrased.gif I had to laugh, because when I went with Jensa to get stuff for her builds I made sure to grab all of her goat horns. D’oh!

I’ve had no problem with followers using the wet door. I’ll use My Home Is Your Home next to give NPCs schedules that will make them go outside and then back in on their own. I’m curious to see what they will do.

I suppose slaughterfish attacks won’t be a problem for the kids. Can kids even swim?

Oh, and nice solution for the chest and the root!

This post has been edited by Grits: Aug 24 2015, 10:30 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Aug 25 2015, 01:20 AM
Post #51

Councilor
Group Icon

I'm in the process of committing a copy to the Nexus right now, but it's having image issues, and I can't current set a background/hot image. So it will be unveiled soon, if the site starts to behave better.

Edit: It's there now, but Ill be adding some more images, such as the site location on the map, later.

Should I include a picture of the Hist Shrine, or leave that as a surprise bonus?

This post has been edited by ghastley: Aug 25 2015, 01:42 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Aug 25 2015, 02:18 AM
Post #52

Councilor
Group Icon

Ooo, a surprise! biggrin.gif Yay, congrats on the impending release!

This post has been edited by Grits: Aug 25 2015, 02:19 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Aug 25 2015, 02:20 AM
Post #53

Master
Group Icon

Hey ghastley, just popped over here to say I "discovered" Argonian Hearthfires on the Nexus just now. While I haven't had the itch to play Argonians, I still tracked this mod because the screenies are so atmospheric! Whatever you did with the lighting, you captured the underwater feel perfectly (though I assume the interior is quite dry?

Looking good!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Aug 25 2015, 02:34 AM
Post #54

Councilor
Group Icon

Since the front door is underwater, the entryway is a bit damp!

Once you get up the stairs into the rest of the home, it's pretty dry. I left the floor mainly bare, though, as Argonians may like feel of damp rock and roots underfoot. The beds stand on the only rugs in the place.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Aug 25 2015, 03:39 AM
Post #55

Councilor
Group Icon

I had Dar-Ma build 1.0 tonight kind of quickly, and while she was checking things out in the enchanting room I whipped the camera around and it stopped on one of the mannequin’s faces kind of close up. I nearly needed to change my pjs. Yikes! Now I’m afraid to close my eyes! panic.gif

I love this home. Dar-Ma has agreed to test-marry Faendal before we get back to her game. I think she just likes to play house. biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Aug 25 2015, 02:05 PM
Post #56

Councilor
Group Icon

I almost didn't put in mannequins because they have that issue. At least it's a general problem with them, and not just one I created! tongue.gif

But I think I broke the Nexus. It's been slow as molasses in Skyrim since I uploaded.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Nov 6 2016, 03:12 AM
Post #57

Councilor
Group Icon

Now in Special Edition flavor (PC and Xbox).

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 6 2016, 07:15 AM
Post #58

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Nov 5 2016, 10:12 PM) *

Now in Special Edition flavor (PC and Xbox).

Is anyone else getting ads on their Nexus page now? I never did before, but now it is covered up with them so I can barely see the mod page!

Congrats on getting them up so quickly, Ghastley! That spread on the Bethnet site looks Awesome!

This post has been edited by mALX: Nov 6 2016, 07:16 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Oct 2 2017, 04:10 PM
Post #59

Councilor
Group Icon

I did a minor re-visit to try out an idea from another author's mod that could be an update to this one (I have permission).

The current glass recipes use 6 matching bottles, so you have a problem if you have 5 or less each of the three varieties. Having an intermediate step of smashing each bottle into cullet (three recipes starting with empty type but each yielding the same material) means that glass can be made from 6 cullet, derived from any combo of bottles.

I added the new recipes without removing the old ones, to make sure it works. Now trying to decide if the old ones can safely be removed in a running game. I have a cullet model that's a re-textured soul gems shards, but it needs more work - probably just removing some effects, and toning down the glow map.

So now I'm looking at all the recipes, in all the mods, to see if any need rework. laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 03:46 AM