> Khajiit Hearthfire, Possible mod
Grits
post Nov 24 2015, 01:42 PM
Post #141

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Nov 23 2015, 10:36 AM) *

I have Mojo’s horse set to Cowardly

Does this not mean running away? It may be as much of a problem as fighting in harness.

Yep, and running away with the wagon is indeed worse than fighting while hitched up. Even when the horse ends up facing back toward the wagon after a fight it’s easy to get it straightened out again, but a runaway horse and wagon up a cliff can be tricky. laugh.gif

I’ve been trying out different horse and follower settings to see which issues can be solved and which settings just aren’t worth the trouble, so screwing up was part of the process. With AFT we kept losing the “extra” horse due to it heading back to its stable as soon as the follower dismounted, and then when Mojo got in the driver’s seat Shuvesse would mount the horse that was pulling the wagon. Nothing broke, but it just wasn’t what I was looking for in follower behavior. I suspect that I’m missing something about the AFT mounted follower setting. Maybe I’m supposed to make the extra horses followers so that they stop walking away. CH provided what I was looking for so I stopped fiddling with AFT.

CH’s Cowardly works well so far with KH’s Panic, since the horse gets unhitched before it runs off and the wagon stays put. Also with CH’s Prefer Riding the followers have been quick enough to dismount to fight wolves that Mojo has been able to stay on the wagon for minor road scuffles. I don’t use CH’s follower mounted combat options because I’m already asking too much of my laptop, but I suspect that mounted followers defending the wagon would be even better. The critters attack Mojo and not the horse, so the followers respond very well. I have yet to come upon a bandit situation, but after they pass through Rorikstead and Robber’s Gorge I expect there will be a tale to tell!

I don’t use the new Frostfall yet, so I don’t have any ideas about that. There’s a dev kit for Campfire that might have useful documentation, since there is probably a demand for Campfire add-ons that are Frostfall compatible.

The only thing I can think of for the axle grease is making the wagon need grease after a certain period to keep going, which could turn out to be more of a pain than a fun feature. The wearable lanterns mod that I used to use had an option to require fuel. I kept that option disabled because it seemed like more trouble than it was worth. Otherwise perhaps axle grease could be an item that the player could sell to vendors with the idea that it would be re-sold to wagon owners? I find that when Mojo approaches a Khajiiti caravan there’s an odd feeling to trading with them since they’re providing the same service as Mojo. Maybe a unique item to sell them (for their invisible wagons) would give purpose to trading with the other caravans.

ADDED: I have gotten one CTD this morning using Panic when a random encounter Breton attacked. I suspect it’s my setup with too much mod stuff kicking off when combat begins. On re-load I got no CTD. For general playing I will probably leave my followers on foot, but I’m going to keep going with them mounted for a while to see what happens.

ADDED part 2: The Rorikstead road ambush and Robber’s Gorge went smooth as silk. Mojo has a load to sell off in Dragonbridge. I’m pretty sure there is a modded shop there in his game. Still staying out of the cities.

He had to turn around twice on the street in Rorikstead, and JK’s Skyrim makes it pretty tight in spots. No problem. Mojo’s wagon handles better than my SUV! I had forgotten that I had Mojo’s horse set to follow in CH. He follows while hitched up as well. Mojo turned around to hike all the way back through town and get the wagon, only to find the horse had brought it right to him. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Grits: Nov 24 2015, 03:05 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Nov 24 2015, 08:11 PM
Post #142

Councilor
Group Icon

I'll probably upload a 1.0 to the Nexus tonight.

I adjusted the interior navmesh, which I hadn't changed since putting in the crafting table. It didn't change much, as there was clutter in that location before. The recipe for Fortify Smithing is added to the starter chest, whose contents get moved to the interior chest under the table when the house is built.

I'm still not happy with the texture on the canopy, but I'm sure someone will make a 4k one, just because. biggrin.gif

Also I noticed that there's a Daggerfall section for mods now, so I'll upload the Orc one.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Nov 24 2015, 08:12 PM

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 24 2015, 08:58 PM
Post #143

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Nov 24 2015, 02:11 PM) *

I'll probably upload a 1.0 to the Nexus tonight.

I adjusted the interior navmesh, which I hadn't changed since putting in the crafting table. It didn't change much, as there was clutter in that location before. The recipe for Fortify Smithing is added to the starter chest, whose contents get moved to the interior chest under the table when the house is built.

I'm still not happy with the texture on the canopy, but I'm sure someone will make a 4k one, just because. biggrin.gif

Also I noticed that there's a Daggerfall section for mods now, so I'll upload the Orc one.

Oh wow, that usually means you are done updating your mod! Urk, I didn't expect you to be done this fast. On the Navmesh - I think on the heathfire stuff they were using primitive boxes around new furniture instead of changing the navmesh for each item.

On the Canopy - It looks great; I was just unsure if that was the final texture because I remember you mentioning that you were going to be changing it.

Back when you said that, I was looking through my Stroti texture files wondering if any of his canvas normal maps would work with his mill grain sack color (beige-ish); but then everything around here (irl) got so hectic that I didn't have time to check it out in Gimp.

In fact, I haven't opened Gimp since I made that food for Fallout 3; so ... kind of out of practice on it. But whenever my (rl) load settles down, I was wanting to get playing back in Skyrim, and most def will be playing with this mod.

This post has been edited by mALX: Nov 24 2015, 09:00 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Nov 24 2015, 09:31 PM
Post #144

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 24 2015, 02:58 PM) *

On the Navmesh - I think on the hearthfire stuff they were using primitive boxes around new furniture instead of changing the navmesh for each item.

In this mod, the entire interior of the house is created at one time, and it's the wagon that the player builds piece by piece. So the process of adding the L_NAVCUT boxes around new items is confined to the outside - and I did do that for the forge, smelter etc.

On the Canopy - It looks great; I was just unsure if that was the final texture because I remember you mentioning that you were going to be changing it.

The first texture for the canopy was really crude, and shiny. This one is much improved, but I can never stop fiddling with things unless I force myself to do so. In this case I set myself a deadline of releasing before Thanksgiving.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 24 2015, 09:44 PM
Post #145

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Nov 24 2015, 03:31 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 24 2015, 02:58 PM) *

On the Navmesh - I think on the hearthfire stuff they were using primitive boxes around new furniture instead of changing the navmesh for each item.

In this mod, the entire interior of the house is created at one time, and it's the wagon that the player builds piece by piece. So the process of adding the L_NAVCUT boxes around new items is confined to the outside - and I did do that for the forge, smelter etc.

The first texture for the canopy was really crude, and shiny. This one is much improved, but I can never stop fiddling with things unless I force myself to do so. In this case I set myself a deadline of releasing before Thanksgiving.

The never-ending fiddling in your mods - I can most def identify with that! That is one of the reasons none of my mods ever ended up being released; laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Nov 24 2015, 10:07 PM
Post #146

Councilor
Group Icon

You did release the Wobbly Goblet for TES 4, and updated it to Lucky Mudcrab because you had to fiddle with it... biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 24 2015, 10:33 PM
Post #147

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Nov 24 2015, 04:07 PM) *

You did release the Wobbly Goblet for TES 4, and updated it to Lucky Mudcrab because you had to fiddle with it... biggrin.gif

Exactly laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Nov 25 2015, 01:38 AM
Post #148

Councilor
Group Icon

And it's there now

Version 1.0 on the Nexus

I'll probably add to the description, so don't be surprised if it changes each time you look!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Nov 25 2015, 10:44 PM
Post #149

Councilor
Group Icon

Congratulations! I am having so much fun with this mod.

Dar-Ma is next up for her wagon. She is not buying my “this feast will not cook itself” excuses.

Thank you, ghastley!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 5 2015, 02:25 PM
Post #150

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Nov 24 2015, 07:38 PM) *

And it's there now

Version 1.0 on the Nexus

I'll probably add to the description, so don't be surprised if it changes each time you look!

WOO HOO! Downloaded!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Mar 7 2016, 03:31 PM
Post #151

Councilor
Group Icon

I may have to revisit this one once I release the Dremora Hearthfires mod. Mignonette, who's running with all of my Hearthfires mods active, just got a group of non-aggressive thugs. That's happening too often, and I need to track down why they don't switch.

I copied the setup from the base game's two kinds of revenge thugs, the theft and killing varieties, and both spawn them from the causal event in one quest as non-aggressive, and then switch them in another, when the player enters an encounter zone. I think that was done to keep the thug incidents separate from regular quests. What I don't yet understand is that why show up at the right place, but don't attack. Those two things should be connected.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Aug 18 2016, 05:58 PM
Post #152

Councilor
Group Icon

This may get revisited for a couple of things:

1) Re-use of the partially built statics. It's a pity they may not even get seen, if the player just builds in a single session.

2) Npc's driving wagons. It would be nice to be able to sell wagons to the caravans.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 18 2016, 06:04 PM
Post #153

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Aug 18 2016, 12:58 PM) *

This may get revisited for a couple of things:

1) Re-use of the partially built statics. It's a pity they may not even get seen, if the player just builds in a single session.

2) Npc's driving wagons. It would be nice to be able to sell wagons to the caravans.

Oh cool !!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Aug 19 2016, 01:52 AM
Post #154

Councilor
Group Icon

This could work.

At some appropriate time (maybe after first set of hired thugs) enable second workbench outside house (left side of door on porch). This is a new workbench/trigger setup with its own holding chest, so more stuff can be made. Same recipes enable same partial wagons as before, but not complete one. You'll only get an X-marker.

Final wagon is created by a PlaceAtMe, so it's separate from the player-owned one. It will not be the same form, so it can't be player-activated, You can't sleep in it, hitch a horse to it, or anything.

It can only be sold via title, a playable note added to player's inventory on completion. Sell to any general store, or direct to Khajiit. Once sold, Ri'saad, (and then the other two when you make more), will get a wagon. The idea is that if you sold the title to Belethor, for example, he'd sell it on to Ri'saad, as the latter needs one. Since the two other caravans are subsidiaries of Ri'saad, he gets the first, even if you sell to another.

The sale will empty the holding chest for the outside workbench, making it possible to build another. Repeat up to twice more, and all caravans have a wagon. Allow a fourth wagon to be built, but market is now saturated, and price drops.

Wagon is "collected" by Khajiit owner when player is absent (no like-of-sight to wagon) which includes inside house.

I need to be able to assign driver duty to the caravan head, which means adding AI package(s). Plus check that they don't take short-cuts on their routes that would not allow the wagon to pass. These two are the current unknowns, so I need to test those before doing too much.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Aug 19 2016, 01:55 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Aug 20 2016, 08:00 PM
Post #155

Councilor
Group Icon

Have a screen-shot. Cat Man Dhou has started making a second wagon using the workbench outside.

I'm in progress on constructing a pure-goods wagon with more cargo for the Khajiit caravans to use. That's just a matter of adding some copies of chest, barrel, rug and similar meshes to the basic complete wagon, so it shouldn't take long. That one doesn't need the canopy and script work, as they'll camp as usual. Cargo can stay in place all the time.

The build process only needs a couple of adjustments. The instance has a different list of items to enable, most of which are the same part-built wagon as before, but the final result is an empty wagon, with no canopy. That gets disabled when the caravan buys it, and they get a filled one.

Haven't tested letting Ri'saad drive yet. Stay off the roads when he does!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Aug 21 2016, 01:43 PM
Post #156

Councilor
Group Icon

This might be trickier than I thought.

In the opening scene, the horses have the AI package that takes them into Helgen, and the driver is just along for the ride. So that means it won't be as simple as giving Ri'saad a new package. I have to put the horse on patrol, and Ri'saad gets sat on the driving seat. Whether that allows the others to "follow" him isn't clear. The rest of the caravan may now have to follow the horse, which means changing their AI packages, too.

Throw in the fact that the Khajiit aren't essential, so if one dies, another has to be promoted into the line of succession, meaning a new driver, and it gets complex.

To further confuse things, instead of a caravan quest that runs one caravan, and three instances of it, it's a single quest running all three. So there's lots of if's to determine which is which in the scripts.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Aug 26 2016, 08:51 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Aug 21 2016, 04:08 PM
Post #157

Councilor
Group Icon

I love the idea of having in-progress wagons at the workshop to use those awesome wagon statics you made.

I wonder about adding a new Khajiiti caravan to use a wagon rather than altering the existing ones? Then you could control their route. I’ve seen them take some dubious shortcuts, particularly near Dawnstar.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Aug 21 2016, 04:43 PM
Post #158

Councilor
Group Icon

That was one reason for wanting to try with Ri'saad. The Whiterun/Markarth route doesn't need dubious shortcuts. I may scrap the idea of the others having one, and just add a few farmers using them for short-haul.

The other thing that needs some work is the divergence of the construction process. Once you get to the stage of a wagon with sides, but no harness trees, the player wagon progresses to the canopy, but the "for sale" one will add the trees and no canopy. I already have that model, (and I've created one with a fuller load, too) but need to figure out how to adjust the building script.

I'll probably need a separate quest for the extra wagon(s) that uses the existing script, but has a different property array for the other models, and a corresponding master list of tokens, which is another property. That quest can then be run multiple times for multiple wagons.

And I'm toying with being able to stop without sides, and selling flat-bed wagons for hauling hay/straw between farms and stables. Those would be short paths and so easier to add, plus the wagon would spend most of its time parked at the farm. Again, I have the unloaded model, and a loaded one is easy to make.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Aug 24 2016, 05:02 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Nov 6 2016, 08:57 PM
Post #159

Councilor
Group Icon

I've ported this over to Special Edition, (without any extensions) for PC and Xbox1

I did fix one small issue with the rumble, that's not worth republishing the original for.

And I just had a report on Xbox1, that my mod sent the player to a bandit lair added by someone else's mod. Radiant rules!

This post has been edited by ghastley: Nov 7 2016, 07:32 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
BrettWogy
post Oct 22 2017, 05:59 AM
Post #160

Unregistered

Ive played some months with Hearthfire installed, and like the houses in other respects, but theres one thing which bugs me. Namely, both the interior and the exterior are too light a colour. It makes the house look a bit sterile, and thats not how I want my characters homes be.

So my question is: Does anyone know of a mod preferably not higher res than vanilla that changes the colour scheme to something a bit darker? Im not after making the house look like the Batcave, but something like chestnut or oak would be perfect.
+Quote Post

8 Pages V « < 6 7 8
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:55 AM